Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
##vote Punkreas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Insandenza posted:

I am just a mason, so no actions, except for last night when I had a one-time boon thanks to my post restriction thing.

I used that and saw someone visit YPM, I suppose there are potentially town reasons for that so I won't out them right now

Hal, I think I’ve been bussed (or there’s a juggernaut but I haven’t had an unsuccessful action) this entire game. I don’t think the person who visited me is town.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Maerlyn posted:

Would like to know who YPM targeted on which nights, that would be particularly euphonious to me.

N1:
Taste
Investigate? I don’t know Keats and Hal

N2:
Hal
Investigate? Moat and taste

N3:
RWC

N4:
Hum

N5:
Nep

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wait why do you think you’ve been bussed

Also what was your investigation about again?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We’re probably in mylo, right

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can anyone confirm wolo’s empowering?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

t a s t e posted:

Wait why do you think you’ve been bussed

Also what was your investigation about again?

Because I chose to protected RWC the night they died but still got a your action was successful message

My investigation was pick two people to see if they were my guardian angels

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh that’s right the moat thing

I think the simpler answer is a juggernaut absent more evidence but maybe wolo is actually an empowerer…. But a bad one!!!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A busdriver would introduce an extra level of heinousness to this game for sure, and it could explain why taste said they visited me last night and I should know it, but I didn't get any sort of feedback from the mod that would reflect that.

Additionally, I will claim that I hand out 1-shot powers to people if they fulfill certain posting restrictions for the next game day (I also have to maintain the posting restriction). Scum already know about this from my masonry with Psycho. I targeted hambeet n1 and he was killed so it didn't work. I targeted Illusionis n2 and psycho had him killed so it didn't work. I targeted wologar n3 because I desperately wanted to see my action succeed and find out what the posting restriction is and it succeeded. I won't spoil what wologar has because I am somewhat leaning town on him and I think his power could be helpful tonight. n4 I picked Hal because I think Hal is town and I gave him a watch, which he used on YPM last night. n5 I picked Maerlyn and I don't want to spoil what the boon she'll get is, but it should work out very well for town if she earns it. I still think it is likely she is scum, so if she decides to adhere to the posting restriction and earn it I think her team will be in for a wonderful surprise.

If I successfully pass out all 3 of these I have been told I get a 2-shot use of one of them (determined randomly) moving forward, so it's a little annoying I'll only be getting it n6 at the earliest, but that's my threnody to play on my tiny violin.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmm yeah what Humalong says tracks, I used that watch and saw Punkreas visit YPM. I was probably leaning a little town on Punkreas’ posting, just because it feels very non-self conscious for a newer player (at least around these parts)

But… most of the reads are pretty shallow and these is a lot of fluff in there and they haven’t hinted at all about having a role or any sort of result that I see so a bus driver would fit

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m incredibly uncomfortable with concluding that there must be a bus driver as a basis for our framework in mylo when a simple juggernaut or “lie” could suffice

I don’t think there’s ever actually been a case on punkreas and he’s accrued heat every day, which would of course be fodder for a cheap vote to win a game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would of course like to hear a claim though because I’m pretty sure ypm is town

Doubtful about wolo and hum, surprise surprise

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I would of course like to hear a claim though because I’m pretty sure ypm is town

Doubtful about wolo and hum, surprise surprise

What are your doubts about hum?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hal Insandenza posted:

What are your doubts about poor old me, Hal?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

I found his early game posting stilted and opportunistic and he hasn’t done anything to dissuade me in a game where we keep missing mostly

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Overexplaining was a bit thing that set me off

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Mr. Humalong posted:

A busdriver would introduce an extra level of heinousness to this game for sure, and it could explain why taste said they visited me last night and I should know it, but I didn't get any sort of feedback from the mod that would reflect that.

Additionally, I will claim that I hand out 1-shot powers to people if they fulfill certain posting restrictions for the next game day (I also have to maintain the posting restriction). Scum already know about this from my masonry with Psycho. I targeted hambeet n1 and he was killed so it didn't work. I targeted Illusionis n2 and psycho had him killed so it didn't work. I targeted wologar n3 because I desperately wanted to see my action succeed and find out what the posting restriction is and it succeeded. I won't spoil what wologar has because I am somewhat leaning town on him and I think his power could be helpful tonight. n4 I picked Hal because I think Hal is town and I gave him a watch, which he used on YPM last night. n5 I picked Maerlyn and I don't want to spoil what the boon she'll get is, but it should work out very well for town if she earns it. I still think it is likely she is scum, so if she decides to adhere to the posting restriction and earn it I think her team will be in for a wonderful surprise.

If I successfully pass out all 3 of these I have been told I get a 2-shot use of one of them (determined randomly) moving forward, so it's a little annoying I'll only be getting it n6 at the earliest, but that's my threnody to play on my tiny violin.

I didn't want to get into a scurrilous discussion but this seems to check out with my given task. I thought you perhaps were punishing me. I am not scum so if I keep this activity up the entire time only to be NKed I'm going to be livid.

Your Personal Muse posted:

N1:
Taste
Investigate? I don’t know Keats and Hal

N2:
Hal
Investigate? Moat and taste

N3:
RWC

N4:
Hum

N5:
Nep

Did you get success/fail on all or some? The doctor parts I mean

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Maerlyn posted:

I didn't want to get into a scurrilous discussion but this seems to check out with my given task. I thought you perhaps were punishing me. I am not scum so if I keep this activity up the entire time only to be NKed I'm going to be livid.

Did you get success/fail on all or some? The doctor parts I mean

All were a success.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Maerlyn posted:

This feels like chicanery from Nep as an excuse to hammer Moat, why allude to your role in this way other than trying to perhaps lead people to a particular conclusion? Obviously you weren't Jesus, what does your flavor suggest for you to believe you would appear angellic? What do you mean "if it's real it's too late?"

Not specifically angelic but my flavor references that I want to spread the gospel so it made sense to me at the time. For the other question I feel like that should be pretty clear that I meant "if YPM is telling the truth about all that, then it follows that if I'm right he cannot scan me as he claimed he no longer can."

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

wologar posted:

##vote Punkreas

if your secret item is a dayvig I'd say use it on them as that would clear up that matter and if we're wrong we've got a suspect down without ending the day

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

t a s t e posted:

I found his early game posting stilted and opportunistic and he hasn’t done anything to dissuade me in a game where we keep missing mostly

How does hum's claim fit into your thinking? Wologar, Maerlyn and Hal have all supported Humalong's claim. Granted, such a claim is not proof of alignment. You've also cast doubt on Wologar but what are you stances on Hal and Maerlyn, given they're also backing that claim?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Nep-Nep posted:

if your secret item is a dayvig I'd say use it on them as that would clear up that matter and if we're wrong we've got a suspect down without ending the day

I can assure you it's not a vig.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Not alignment determinative

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Not alignment determinative

It’s weird to give me a watch as scum unless it’s giving bad results

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

wologar posted:

I can assure you it's not a vig.

booooooo

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

but what are you stances on Hal and Maerlyn

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

It’s weird to give me a watch as scum unless it’s giving bad results

Or like there’s a bunch of compulsive town visitors

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal I read as probably town, his response to my pressure earlier struck me as genuine

Maerlyn, I don’t know. Hasn’t seemed like a central figure of the game to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have a strong gut feel that between wolo and hum there’s at least one scum coasting on a town-seeming role while hiding a nefarious twist

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I could see wolo maybe. Not feeling hum though.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I'd vote Hal, too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wologar posted:

I'd vote Hal, too.

Very convenient

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hal Insandenza posted:

Very convenient

wologar posted:

What are your doubts about poor old me, Hal?

Care to answer?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

We should probably vote Punkreas, it’s taking him a long time to come up with a fake claim

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wologar posted:

Care to answer?

At the time you made that post I had no doubts about you. Or any real opinion. Since then I read over you and post bad spelling you’ve kinda been coasting. Not an especially strong read but I don’t really have much of a strong read anywhere, unless my never ending gut read of taste counts

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry, the thread is always most active when I have super long shifts!

I'm not sure if I have a lot to contribute - both wol and Hum have the ability to empower others, which seems like a lot of overlap if both are town, so I'd wager one is not

If I had to guess, Hum's description might be the most likely for scum as it gives him a payoff - empower townies and get a powerful ability, a kind of risk vs reward situation

wol could have a similar thing but ehhhhh it seems like a straight-forward town support ability if he's telling the truth

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
It's a lot of unsubstantiated assumptions but if it takes that does lead a whole ton of credence towards wol, Hal, and Maer all being town

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

n5 I picked Maerlyn and I don't want to spoil what the boon she'll get is, but it should work out very well for town if she earns it. I still think it is likely she is scum, so if she decides to adhere to the posting restriction and earn it I think her team will be in for a wonderful surprise.

I don't know if I'm reading into this too much but "I think Maer is likely scum so I'll give her a power-up" is also really weird logic

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I won’t stand for this light shade being thrown my way by a lurking Diplodocus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
As a magical Liopleurodon, this insult wounds me deeply