Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So shaped like a normal person.

Also it's hard to tell from the translation but I think he said he put himself in harm's way because he was scared again. I dunno why are the translations for MHA getting bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Spiderdrake posted:

Also it's hard to tell from the translation but I think he said he put himself in harm's way because he was scared again. I dunno why are the translations for MHA getting bad?

These latest translations have just been abysmal. Once I have the money, I think I'm just going to go with the official release like a patient, law-abiding citizen.

Look at what you're driving me to, with your bad scanlations!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiderdrake posted:

The Translation seems solid to me. I don't see anything I can't understand. https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/boku-no-hero-academia/en/0/144/page/3

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

ganbare red riot-kun...!

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It's a pity it wouldn't synergise with her quirk at all because now I want to see the 'Mina gets OfA' story.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I've never been more excited to see more flashbacks, including possibly Mina encouraging Kirishima.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

New OP confirms we're getting end of term tests this cour

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Aurora posted:

They're really blazing through this season. We're gonna get to All For One in our lifetime! :toot:

Edit poo poo, that probably means there's another year break in store so they don't overtake the manga.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

Good. I hope they show every test.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

They're really blazing through this season. We're gonna get to All For One in our lifetime! :toot:

Edit poo poo, that probably means there's another year break in store so they don't overtake the manga.

They already have a whole arc they can adapt, but letting the manga get ahead more is a good idea

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So did anyone else think that Mina had used her slippery acid on the bullies before it was stated that they were break dancing?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gyges posted:

So did anyone else think that Mina had used her slippery acid on the bullies before it was stated that they were break dancing?

Do you think she uses the acid to breakdance better? Melt a little ground to reduce friction so she can just keep spinning.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
This chapter made me suspect Mina as the traitor

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, doesn't this mean she was in contact with the guy the theory suggested was in contact with Kirishima?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mina is a good child and will not betray her friends or my heart

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Mina is the traitor completely accidentally. Villains keep asking her directions and she gives them because she's a good girl.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
edit: whoops this isn't the anime thread

In any case I'm still on board with the kirishima + outside force theory

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Saw cameo's from Toga and Dabi in the new intro.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

This chapter made me suspect Mina as the traitor

you shut your loving mouth

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
This arc ends with Toga disguising herself as Deku, and then there's the dramatic "who do I shoot?" moment, and then a "tell me something only the real Deku would know" scene, which manifests itself as Nighteye quizzing him on the deepest all might lore

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Inflammatory posted:

you shut your loving mouth

She gave directions to a villain man, that's pretty sus

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

She gave directions to a villain man, that's pretty sus

It's not though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

This arc ends with Toga disguising herself as Deku, and then there's the dramatic "who do I shoot?" moment, and then a "tell me something only the real Deku would know" scene, which manifests itself as Nighteye quizzing him on the deepest all might lore

Yeah I'm waiting for Toga to show up during this arc disguised as someone. Worth noting that we haven't seen Uraraka use her quirk yet...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe a matter of losing interest in the product, leading them to rush and half rear end it.

Or perhaps it's that Hunter x Hunter is back and Mangastream have said they will always prioritise it above all else because they like it most. HxH is incredibly wordy so it probably takes a lot of their effort up for the day/week and the rest suffers for it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also they make questionable translations at the best of times.

It's a really good point that their number of words per week just increased by like 300% for a few weeks though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's not though.

Take a joke

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It wasn't funny

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mina is a good girl, how dare you

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Volume 14 Omake:
http://manga.fascans.com/manga/my-hero-academia/128.5/4

The profiles are Pony, Wolfdude, Mirio, Sasuke, Neji, Nighteye, Bubble Girl

Most relevantly to current (anime) events:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 11, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hosed up that my boy Shouji doesn't have a fantasy version.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im glad ashido still managed to fit some horrific 70's throw rug aesthetic into her medieval outfit

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Tokoyami getting a tail boost or just straight up stepping on it?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I still want to know what Pony's Quirk is. The name was something like "rocket horn"?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Kyte posted:

Most relevantly to current (anime) events:

Like a glove.

edit: two gloves, actually

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 12, 2017

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
So I guess it turns out that Nighteye has a few yellow streaks in his hair.

http://manga.fascans.com/manga/my-hero-academia/128.5/22

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He featured art of Mina a lot in this Omake. Even her corroding the table of Contents. I think he is quite fond of her.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mina and Mei are criminally low on the popularity poll

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

kidcoelacanth posted:

Mina and Mei are criminally low on the popularity poll

Mina almost got into the top 20 this time. But for some reason some guy who only showed up for like 3 chapters made the poll.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's a dark day for shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

An interesting fact from the obstacle course race is that Present Mic describes Kirishima's ability as both the ultimate spear and shield (Crunchyroll). In the manga it's translated as offense and defense but same principal. Cool considering the recent chapters.