Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice work pop + spag. Emperor champion conversion owns as do GRIM DEATH GUARD. Fave detail are the shield cogitators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Does anyone know off-hand how the (30k) Dracosan and (40k) Crassus compare, size-wise?

They look close enough based on the pictures (below) that a Dracosan could proxy as a Crassus in 40k but I haven't actually seen a Dracosan "in the wild" so :shrug:?

E: Additional to previous, the correct way to have Thunder Warriors is: Blackshields -> Chimerae -> +1 S/T, -1 I/Distance (I guess from organ failure) right?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 13, 2020

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Had the debut of my red ZM tiles last weekend. The 30k gang played a 7 person 3 vs 4 scenario where 2 played on a standard 6x4 while 5 fought on a mega ZM somewhere below. Tables were connected through access points and units could move from one table to another. TKW used a pretty nasty ROW that hosed over the melee armies in ZM, but folded on the top table. This ended up being a key factor, as he ended up moving his last few units into ZM, forcing Hixson to pour through the other access points to save the ZM battle and clench a narrow victory.

The tables:

Some game shots:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Sweet stuff, nice.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BULBASAUR posted:

Had the debut of my red ZM tiles last weekend. The 30k gang played a 7 person 3 vs 4 scenario where 2 played on a standard 6x4 while 5 fought on a mega ZM somewhere below. Tables were connected through access points and units could move from one table to another. TKW used a pretty nasty ROW that hosed over the melee armies in ZM, but folded on the top table. This ended up being a key factor, as he ended up moving his last few units into ZM, forcing Hixson to pour through the other access points to save the ZM battle and clench a narrow victory.

The tables:

Some game shots:

What were the teams?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
TKWG, Stanyer, and myself vs Panascope, Keith, Casual Salmon, and a heresy curious local so:

Dark Angels
Iron Warriors
Mechanicum

vs

World Eaters
Night Lords
Emperors Children
Sons of Horus

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

TKWG, Stanyer, and myself vs Panascope, Keith, Casual Salmon, and a heresy curious local so:

Dark Angels
Iron Warriors
Mechanicum

vs

World Eaters
Night Lords
Emperors Children
Sons of Horus

Oh, so all traitor armies. Nice!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Finished painting my first pallas! Still havnt gotten a 30k game tho :(

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

The tables:

Some game shots:

I mostly took pictures of the ZM board despite ostensibly being my sides representative on the standard table.

Also for thread posterity I should mention that Hixson bribed me to throw the game in exchange for painting my Lion scenic base, so in addition to the various in-game hijinks I pulled, I should now probably mention that when I totaled up the VPs my army gave up I added two points to make sure our opponents would win. Here’s some cool shots of my Lions scenic base, thanks Hixson!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Also for thread posterity I should mention that Hixson bribed me to throw the game in exchange for painting my Lion scenic base, so in addition to the various in-game hijinks I pulled, I should now probably mention that when I totaled up the VPs my army gave up I added two points to make sure our opponents would win. Here’s some cool shots of my Lions scenic base, thanks Hixson!

:discourse:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Oh my god you’re alive

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Can a power armored squad joined by an apothecary also be joined by an IC in terminator armor or does the IC joining the squad make it count as having terminator armor?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

Can a power armored squad joined by an apothecary also be joined by an IC in terminator armor or does the IC joining the squad make it count as having terminator armor?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Please explain exactly what you mean by this?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Please explain exactly what you mean by this?

The question was so inane that I consider myself to be both the man and the cow in that image.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Schadenboner posted:

No actually the squad would not count as having terminator armour

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I'd be pretty keen to see what you're working on though. Sounds like you're hustling on new army. Got some WIPs perhaps?

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

tallkidwithglasses posted:

The question was so inane that I consider myself to be both the man and the cow in that image.

I see.

Please help out the forums staff and your fellow users, by not using imagery of slaughter or killing to wordlessly represent your reaction to someone else's posts. It is too open to misinterpretation as a call for violence or statement of self-harm or something similarly bad. I realize this may seem to you like an over-reaction but based on recent experience, SA forums staff unfortunately have to take these things seriously.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That's not a boltgun, that's an airbrush.

Tkwg is simply pondering how best to paint his new marines from the Cowdex: Astartes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok that is not, uh, clear, and I even own an airbrush

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Hello mod leperflesh.

Is this image an appropriate response to the never ending tides of inane dribble posts by Schadenboner.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tommunist posted:

Hello mod leperflesh.

Is this image an appropriate response to the never ending tides of inane dribble posts by Schadenboner.

If Schadenboner posts something bad, report it. Otherwise, posting-about-posters kinda sucks. You can use your ignore list if you find a poster's posts so distressing that you can't stand to read them.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Leperflesh posted:

If Schadenboner posts something bad, report it. Otherwise, posting-about-posters kinda sucks. You can use your ignore list if you find a poster's posts so distressing that you can't stand to read them.

Thank you for your vital input to the long standing 30k community.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Leperflesh posted:

Ignoring Schadenboner honestly never occurred to me before. I have taken your advice and “Ignored” him.

I wish I could do the same to Thousand Sons rules!

EDIT: I haven’t posted many of my models in here lately—I’ll get right on that.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Painted some destroyers this week so I have a nice cheap scoring unit for future Eskaton lists.

I really love their sort of up-armored mk4, especially the helmets. What’s everyone else been working on recently?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Taken a few months but I've finally finished my custodes dreads. I'm no where in the league of the thread regulars.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
It's OK, custoads don't deserver better, and you'll get the vital practice - as well as creative criticism - you need before starting to work on a good army!

E: if you posted more pictures, I'm sure you'd get advice on shading, highlights and other neat stuff that makes a model POP!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Custodes are precious and amazing and I will not hear otherwise.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Guess i've painted a few robits this year?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Excellent dark angels, excellent custodes, and excellent robits!

I've been toying with a dumb idea for awhile. What if old world fantasy exists in this universe on some backworld planet. A mechanicum explorator fleet stumbles across it and conscripts empire forces into their ranks.

I've gone through several (bad) test model iterations, but am relatively happy with how this version came out. I'm starting to envision steam tanks with updated weapons and high tech bits sticking out...

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 23, 2020

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Ghazk posted:

I've been toying with a dumb idea for awhile. What if old world fantasy exists in this universe on some backworld planet. A mechanicum explorator fleet stumbles across it and conscripts empire forces into their ranks.

I've gone through several (bad) test model iterations, but am relatively happy with how this version came out. I'm starting to envision steam tanks with updated weapons and high tech bits sticking out...

Sounds and looks sick im o

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Ghazk posted:

I'm sure i've seen a 40k army where the person took old WHFB Empire Handgunners and swapped out the barrels of the guns with Lasguns. Looked very cool.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

Custodes are precious and amazing and I will not hear otherwise.

These are rad as hell.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

Having a good time imagining some techno peasants sent on a death mission to fight some great crusade cosmic horror

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

These are rad as hell.

You said you'd do the bolt gun you lying gently caress

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Knobb Manwich posted:

These are rad as hell.

dogs act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

You said you'd do the bolt gun you lying gently caress

Yeah, but hear me out.