Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Doesn't he already wage ceaseless war on HR?

Yes, but he'd have more power now!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5AkLup1mI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Today I am making borscht with bison ribs. It's my father in law's recipe and he normally uses beef short ribs, but bison was on sale.

I'm winging it a bit. Apparently bison ribs can be tough so I am roasting them a bit before I start the stock.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

therattle posted:

Take it and wage ceaseless war on HR from your position of power.
My general low-key animosity against HR is more a war of attrition, it is mostly religious in nature - I have a firm belief that humanity is of importance and that you should respect the individual. Sadly I am unable to extend that view to mindless automatons.

But to be fair - my hr guy right now is kinda nice, and I like him... I often tell him that I think he is very pretty.

radthibodaux
Nov 1, 2011

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS

Happy Hat posted:

I often tell him that I think he is very pretty.

Do you say it in a kind way or do you stare at him lustfully and tell him he's got a pretty mouth?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

radthibodaux posted:

Do you say it in a kind way or do you stare at him lustfully and tell him he's got a pretty purdy mouth?

ftfy

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
There are times when I really miss my old neighbourhood in Copenhagen for its eclectic mix of cultures and styles, one of the few places in the city that had avoided the worst gentrification - where you'd see ur-hipsters next to junkies, ramshackle videostores next to tiny designer boutiques. Mind you, I lived there 15 years ago.

But when I look at poo poo like this I just feel so relieved that I'm not sitting in that cesspool of pretentiousness... I'm sure they're great and passionate people, that it'll be a cool place for 20somethings with too much money to spend on poo poo like overpriced craft beers, vintage lumberjack shirts and horrid tattoos, but gently caress me. Their copy reads like a checklist of a massive corporate entity trying to tap in to the hipster zeitgeist c. 2012.

http://urbanhouse.me/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1-vcEwzNbk

(for a fun exercise, try to count the amount of hipster buzzwords in the video).

e: i before e except after

Dane fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 17, 2014

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

At least they nailed the pretentious vibe they were going for.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
My parents invited people over for Thanksgiving for the first time. They decided not to bother with turkey this year. Instead, we are having a store-bought frozen lasagna with Burger King tenders and fries as sides. The bread will be rolls that didn't sell the night before on their hot dog cart. They haven't decided if they are going to put the squeeze bottle of cheese out for the fries yet.

My parents haven't told anyone. The only slightly fun part will be watching what happens when everyone arrives from hours of driving and sees the table. Even better will be when someone opens the fridge to see the two turkeys taking the entire bottom half for some reason.

Our Thanksgiving is Saturday. I'll try to take pictures.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I can't tell if your parents are either very sad and have just given up, or if they are genius dada performance artists.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
They want to brag that they are hosting Thanksgiving without actually having to do any of the work that comes with it.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

contrapants posted:

They want to brag that they are hosting Thanksgiving without actually having to do any of the work that comes with it.

or ever having someone come out to a holiday they host ever again, apparently

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Korea is a no go. And they won't tell me why. Sigh.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

dino. posted:

Korea is a no go. And they won't tell me why. Sigh.

Vegan = COMMUNIST.

That is disappointing. What were you planning?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

therattle posted:

Vegan = COMMUNIST.

That is disappointing. What were you planning?

Teaching English to elementary school kids. So masters degree it is instead.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

contrapants posted:

I thought your dad was the Burger King, why would they have a hotdog cart?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Suspect Bucket posted:

Son, have a seat. It's time you learned who your real father is.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
made homemade mac and cheese this weekend, dear god i love the "crust" oven baking puts on the top.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Suspect Bucket posted:

I want to say, "That's my other dad," but then I'm claiming that the Burger King is gay. I've only ever seen him creep on women through windows, so that would break canon.

Unless if there's a commercial I don't remember where he creeps on a guy. Then, he's bi, and I still fit in Burger Lore.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
If he's bi, then it would make sense that his spouse would be the Hot Dog King. :quagmire:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

contrapants posted:

If he's bi, then it would make sense that his spouse would be the Hot Dog King. :quagmire:

Burger and Hot Dog Kings are gay lovers throwing a thanksgiving of frozen lasagna. Your family is hosed up, dude.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

dino. posted:

I'm sorry. Their loss as well as yours. Masters in what?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

We need more life in this subforum. People post poo poo. doesn't have to be megathreads just something. Here's a soup of the week thread to get us started.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682046

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
I'd post more, but I generally work a lot, and when I do read the forums I'm generally drunk. I could post some random photos of things from work I guess.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

dino. posted:

:( Was your heart set on Korea? My sister in law did China and Japan and I had a friend do Taiwan. Though my sister in law lost students and some of their families to the Tsunami :/

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Echeveria posted:

:( Was your heart set on Korea? My sister in law did China and Japan and I had a friend do Taiwan. Though my sister in law lost students and some of their families to the Tsunami :/

Well, it was. I guess not anymore.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

dino. posted:

Well, it was. I guess not anymore.

Come to Austin, sleep on my couch/daybed and I'll make you lunch/dinner!

Who knew that 6-8 shots of WT101(I don't measure, probably 12+!) would make me crave popcorn, sriracha, and point reyes blue chz?! Welkl guess what?, ITS loving TASTY AS gently caress. Get some, like now. For reals. Eat this. LIKE YESTERDAY DUDES.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

this is clearly a joke or an onion video or something

right? :(

contrapants posted:

My parents invited people over for Thanksgiving for the first time. They decided not to bother with turkey this year. Instead, we are having a store-bought frozen lasagna with Burger King tenders

lol I can't even ahhhhahah this is so good

<3 contrapants parents

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

contrapants posted:

My parents invited people over for Thanksgiving for the first time. They decided not to bother with turkey this year. Instead, we are having a store-bought frozen lasagna with Burger King tenders and fries as sides. The bread will be rolls that didn't sell the night before on their hot dog cart. They haven't decided if they are going to put the squeeze bottle of cheese out for the fries yet.

Like, me and my coworkers are doing this, because we all have to work all goddamn day(gently caress you motherfucking fuckers that can't cook a goddamn turkey, my dad(only 43 years young!) still has cancer, go diaf, I'm so happy to cook for you whil I still haven't seen him in a year, but its totally cool because my turkey isn't dry and your mom can't loving cook because she still gets her recipes from Better Homes and Whatever the gently caress 1970 ed.) I think ours is pizza, smoked turkey, and liquor. Like, for reals.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Going to be in Philly on Friday, running around the city with a friend. Anyone in that area want to hang out and food?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I'd post more, but I generally work a lot, and when I do read the forums I'm generally drunk. I could post some random photos of things from work I guess.

'sup.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Just pretend it was me that made this post. If I'm posting, I'm hammered! Disregard meeeeeeeee!!!!!!

In sure you all did anyhow (raging alcoholism makes me an idiot and an rear end in a top hat :/)

BUTTTTTT

I took my Food Safety Managers exam to reup today... It took less than 12 minutes and I passed at 98%. Apparently they allot TWO GODDAMNED HOURS FOR THE TEST? To get into the test, I had to be searched, flash my post-gym thong to a grandma to prove I wasn't hiding notes in my yoga pants waist band, HAD A METAL DETECTOR RUN ALL OVER ME, and lift my pants legs? I'm glad they take food safety so seriously but like, for real?

FYI when I took the LSAT there was no security at all, I got to bring pencils in the test and the didn't even really check my ID.

E2: LSAT offered much more prestigious opportunities too :/

MAKE NO BABBYS fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 18, 2014

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
I get to eat Thanksgiving at 11:30am at a supper club because fuckin lol at feeding my 200 in laws anywhere else. Grandpa in law probably won't make it until next Thanksgiving, so it's kind of sad since I like him, but holy poo poo some of my in laws are terrible. Yes, please tell me more about all the good Scott Walker has done for our state while I saw my fingers off one by one with a butter knife and try really hard not to tell you how fuckin worthless your kids are at the company.

Thank god my immediate in laws are great, because holy fuckkkkkkkkkk

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

dino. posted:

Going to be in Philly on Friday, running around the city with a friend. Anyone in that area want to hang out and food?

I don't know if I will be around but let me provide you suggestions:

Eat at Vedge.
Eat at Zahav.
Eat at Han Dynasty.
High Street probably doesn't have veg* options.

Charlie Was A Sinner has vegan cocktails! :v:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Got my Kitchenaid stand mixer today thanks to the deal FGR posted in the product recommendation thread.

Gonna make so many breads.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Midniter posted:

Got my Kitchenaid stand mixer today thanks to the deal FGR posted in the product recommendation thread.

Gonna make so many breads.

I used mine this weekend. I picked up the KA branded scraping beater but the cookie dough I made really rode up the side with it. So I ordered the same brand I had been using with the old one to see if it worked any differently. i may just need to adjust the bowl height.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Speaking of which, for all KA stand mixers out there, are there any "must-have" attachments I should know about? Kinda going into this eyes wide shut.

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.
[Rant]
Had our monthly dinner party last night with some friends where we rotate the main-side-dessert amongst the three couples involved. My wife and I are the only ones who seem to give a drat about cooking or making delicious food for people, and once again last night we get some lovely underseasoned (read: not seasoned) steamed green beans as a side dish.

What. The gently caress.

All it needs is a little salt and it would taste a million times better. People don't seem to understand how seasoning food properly can really take simple dishes and elevate them. I understand you have three kids and you're busy, but loving add some salt to the beans if you're going to serve them to guests. I love these people, they are my good friends, but every month when we get together, its the same :effort: loving dishes and it pisses me off when we try to do special things when it is our turn.

I'll stop whining now. Sorry about that.

[\Rant]

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Skinny King Pimp posted:

I get to eat Thanksgiving at 11:30am at a supper club because fuckin lol at feeding my 200 in laws anywhere else. Grandpa in law probably won't make it until next Thanksgiving, so it's kind of sad since I like him, but holy poo poo some of my in laws are terrible. Yes, please tell me more about all the good Scott Walker has done for our state while I saw my fingers off one by one with a butter knife and try really hard not to tell you how fuckin worthless your kids are at the company.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. My extended family loves to fellate Walker too, and that's all they talk about at family gatherings.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Skinny King Pimp posted:

This post is soooo wisconsin. Which supper club? Hopefully a good one, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Supper clubs are so depressing