Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
What's better on Sejuani, cinderhulk or runic echoes? I've been building cinderhulk because I think of her as a tank, but somebody pointed out that runic echoes would give her some AP to deal damage with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Coca Koala posted:

What's better on Sejuani, cinderhulk or runic echoes? I've been building cinderhulk because I think of her as a tank, but somebody pointed out that runic echoes would give her some AP to deal damage with.

Think she can go either way depending on what the team needs. There (at least used to be) is somebody in Diamond that plays the poo poo out of mid lane ap FITE PIGGE so there's something to ap sej.

Does her one ability still scale on her health? Cinder is kind of meh but the health boost benefits her, especially if you tank her out like mad.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Ya I would say she's basically good either way and it should be a situational decision every game based on what your team has/needs and what the enemy team has.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Please don't be That Guy that Jungles that when he has like a toplane Graves/Quinn and Insert Squishy Caster Guy Mid pick a Sejuani and go AP. Lost so many games because some junglers are boneheads and go DAMAGE!!! despite badly needing a front line.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Servaetes posted:

Please don't be That Guy that Jungles that when he has like a toplane Graves/Quinn and Insert Squishy Caster Guy Mid pick a Sejuani and go AP. Lost so many games because some junglers are boneheads and go DAMAGE!!! despite badly needing a front line.

That really can't be said enough. If you're doing something like ap Sejuani let your team know so they can work around it. If they won't then go front line meat wall anyway. Or like cinderhulk into liandry's if you just have to deal damage.

Granted I think she makes a better tank but I'm a person that mostly plays meat walls so take that as you will.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
she scales really well off of stacking health, but runic echoes can be nice for extra mobility and great mana regen. i think in a long laning phase with exploitable lanes you should go echoes into several tank items. people will be surprised by your damage with echoes only. any more damage items early on will probably gently caress your team's chances of winning if you don't get ideal engages

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Screw you guys, fast games are more fun that slow games that end in a coin flip anyway. No matter no matter no matter no matter how glass cannon your team is as long as you commit to snowballing to a really early victory be as greedy in picks and builds as you want.

Otherwise everything goes: tank/support and carry fight somewhere , carry dies, the survivors can't get anything from it because they can't take a dragon or a tower by themselves. If you have greedy snowball champs and builds it's more explosive: you might win with a disadvantage in numbers, or win with one guy standing but that guy takes a tower and a half instead of just one or half a tower, then when an enemy teleport flanks they just die again/like the rest, instead of slowly chasing the survivor down because they're a tank at a life disadvantage and therefore worthless. Etc.

That's the main reason I stopped playing so much, riot/pros will create tank metas and they always suck.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

slydingdoor posted:

Screw you guys, fast games are more fun that slow games that end in a coin flip anyway. No matter no matter no matter no matter how glass cannon your team is as long as you commit to snowballing to a really early victory be as greedy in picks and builds as you want.

Otherwise everything goes: tank/support and carry fight somewhere , carry dies, the survivors can't get anything from it because they can't take a dragon or a tower by themselves. If you have greedy snowball champs and builds it's more explosive: you might win with a disadvantage in numbers, or win with one guy standing but that guy takes a tower and a half instead of just one or half a tower, then when an enemy teleport flanks they just die again/like the rest, instead of slowly chasing the survivor down because they're a tank at a life disadvantage and therefore worthless. Etc.

That's the main reason I stopped playing so much, riot/pros will create tank metas and they always suck.

I have to disagree. Greedy builds often kick people in the rear end, especially in soloqueue because people simply aren't coordinated enough to take objectives quickly. I've lost games that we've firmly had command of the game because our "tank" Ekko jungle was gonna start building tank after he finished runic echoes, lichbane, and then his "tank" item was abyssal. He exploded on impact when previously he would pop the badguy. We lost an otherwise very winnable game as a result. You kinda have to have someone that can absorb some shock or at least initiate. Five carries hasn't worked since the blind pick days of S1.

The wins you're talking about do certainly happen but they take are a hell of a lot less common as people become a little more cautious to rush out to overextend lest they die to the warrior enchant into hydra Lee Sin. Most smart folks will wait out, watch him buy black cleaver or some other pseudo damage/tank item and then flatten him when they've got tankier guys to cover the front. Also at that point when you're so deeply invested in your triforce after your warrior enchant or your lichbane and runic actually buying tank items is seemingly harder because you don't get the luxury of farming your jungle or ganks are easy because towers are gone. So I see where you're coming from, but I absolutely disagree.

Tanks really should exist in the game as a counterweight to the other classes in the game. I agree that yes, when they're stupidly good it's insufferable, but we're not anywhere near the era of everyone (including adcs) buying Warmogs or three tank comps. I'm saying that if you got squishy laners, consider a tanky guy if you can manage it and if you do, please don't be an idiot and pretend that your poor ability power scaling justifies buying eight damage items THEN throwing on a sunfire cape pretending that you're actually doing what you should have been in the first place.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

JuniperCake posted:

Malz is a good champ don't get me wrong but right now he is far from the best mid or good for all comp's and situations. He is vulnerable to champs with strong wave clear and long range. Vel'koz for instance, will completely wreck a malz. For that matter, throw in a Zilean and not only can he answer your pushes with his double bombs, his ult will essentially undo yours in team fights. Yeah you can target him but he's faster and better at kiting than you are so good luck with that.

Also in general, given the latest nerfs to his passive, any ranged champ can easily keep his passive off which means if you want to push and make full use of your kit (and your mana is gonna suck if you aren't getting a lot of bounces on e) you are about just as vulnerable to ganks as pre re-work malz was. So any strong early game champ is going to be able to pressure you, roam and do a lot more early on in the other lanes which means the game might as well be done by the time you get your power spike with the Rylai's. You aren't going to out roam an Ahri or a Taliyah.

Again he's got some good strengths in his objective control and high sustained damage late game but there is quite a few risks in playing him and there are many champs that do very well against him.

Ya I agree poke champs are good with him but once u hit 6. He beats most of them unless they build qss or rush abysal. You are vulnerable to ganks like any immobile mage but when your running ghost/flash u can instantly ghost and in most cases make it out. The cooldown is super low too.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

slydingdoor posted:

I probably should have clarified that I wasn't asking what works best in Bronze 5.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
He's in platinum

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boosted

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ah yes, I miss games that are decided on the first gank and might as well quit when the enemy takes the first tower on any lane.

Might as well make surrender limit 10 minutes instead of 20 because 20 is way too long and I have better things to do, like playing other, more fun games.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Those are good ideas, thank you bee holder

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

exethan posted:

He's in platinum

Dusted

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Lucian is so garbage and I love it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

slydingdoor posted:

If only one person on the team is fed and you don't snowball hard enough I, a tank main, will ruin you. Five uncoordinated carried competing for kills is my single favorite thing to see.

I'm going to look at the most fed person on your team and not let them play anymore. I'm going to stand on whoever does the most damage and not let them do anything at all. When one of your glass cannons tries to dive somebody on my team I'm going to nail them in place while they get murdered.

You will never, ever have a 5v5 fight in that situation. I'll make sure of it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Lol

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i like to play ezreal, the intrepid explorer

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Oh....oh my :allears:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i do not like to play this game anymore but you bet your rear end im gonna have some opinions about it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if you want janna to go fast, what would you build? ardent, stattik, luden, lichbane, swifties and ?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Did I just witness truth?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

if you want janna to go fast, what would you build? ardent, stattik, luden, lichbane, swifties and ?

everyone forgets The Deceased Mans Mail

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Go into item shop and check the other movement speed item box. God bless.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
how to make janna go fast

1. pick janna

2. buy boots

3. skill w

4. thats it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Aatrox rework looks good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NTT posted:

i like to play ezreal, the intrepid explorer

its time for a true display of skill

*accidentally clicks my minimap and fires another ult off sideways into someone elses game*

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

*accidentally clicks my minimap and fires another ult off sideways into someone elses game*

the original GodV

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

rabidsquid posted:

My greatest achievement and accomplishment in league of legends is loving up on TV

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i also fire off jhin ult backwards at least one time a game, if anyone is interested in putting me on tv

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
when i play jhin i like to shoot my gun up in the air to let the enemy team know i love america

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

That actually is because you don't have the guts to take the shot at Kurt Russell

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

zoning ults are very powerful. you fire an ult into somebodies aram to let the enemy team know that next time you might aim it at them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the real pro play is wasting your karthus ult cd because the entire enemy team died in the time it took you to channel

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Watching people who don't know how to play tanks have to play a tank in aram is so frustrating they won't ever loving engage and I'm playing some useless pos like fizz and I need amumu OR garen OR hecarim to go in so I can do something without instantly dying but they just want to play footsies with the enemy team who has more poke then us and then garen ults the full health mundo and we all die. On the other hand it's a game mode where AP nasus is the optimal build so it balances out.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Go tank fizz

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

henkman posted:

Go tank fizz

I probably should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm playing on my old EUW account with friends and oh my god it takes 10+ minutes to get a solo queue game what is this garbage

• Locked thread