Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Prism posted:

Isn't that what the 5 per day going on now is?

Yeah, I don't think we're gonna be getting any bonus mythril besides this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Prism posted:

Isn't that what the 5 per day going on now is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W6gjAAHvo0

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Sesq posted:

If you've got spares, consider selling Scarletite and Adamantite. You can pick up some good spare Gil that way, especially if you can do the higher level fights reliably.

Good idea. I sold 500 total of the majors, time to do something smart with my money forge more 4*s

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Unlocked Tidus legend - do you need to almost finish the entire legend board before you can get the actual LMs? This seems like it's gonna take a while

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Unlocked Tidus legend - do you need to almost finish the entire legend board before you can get the actual LMs? This seems like it's gonna take a while

I think you just need to work your way down to them, it doesn't need to be 100% to get the LMs. But you'd want to eventually fill out the entire sphere for your A-team because the boosts are real good.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Where does one get more 5* motes anyway?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Prism posted:

Where does one get more 5* motes anyway?

Full Throttle Jump Start battles (there's one in almost every event and they'll start releasing with re-released and brand new Torments as well), Record Missions (periodic non-event Cid Missions for old story dungeons with specific characters), and Rebirth bosses (old bosses re-released as part of a Festival at an upgraded difficulty).

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

KataraniSword posted:

I think you just need to work your way down to them, it doesn't need to be 100% to get the LMs. But you'd want to eventually fill out the entire sphere for your A-team because the boosts are real good.

From what I can tell, you need to unlock any spheres that are connected to the LM, (aside from the ones that branch off of the LM2), so for most people that seems to be about half of the grid on each side. Or at least, I got about halfway down one side of Bartz' grid and there was a glowing line connected to the LM1 but I couldn't unlock it and it wasn't lit up.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
would it be better to use lightning's USB first then the OSB or just keep chaining the USB (i have both)

also since i have both would it be worth it to chase the legend materia armor on this banner?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

would it be better to use lightning's USB first then the OSB or just keep chaining the USB (i have both)

also since i have both would it be worth it to chase the legend materia armor on this banner?

If you like using Lightning it's definitely a decent choice to do a pull or two on the banner as you can not only grab the LM but also her BSB2. BSB2 is loving great and I can guarantee USB->BSB2 will be amazing.

Unfortunately Lightning OSB is kind of unimpressive, it's probably better to chain the USB.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I pulled and got Lightning USB and Serah Bow. Good pull overall since Lightning's USB is great and didn't have a haste for 13. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to chance a second pull. Those claws are still out there, her LM would be nice with the USB, and I do still really need a lightning imperil...

That imperil is the last piece of a really kickass lightning team.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

From what I can tell, you need to unlock any spheres that are connected to the LM, (aside from the ones that branch off of the LM2), so for most people that seems to be about half of the grid on each side. Or at least, I got about halfway down one side of Bartz' grid and there was a glowing line connected to the LM1 but I couldn't unlock it and it wasn't lit up.

Maybe it's at least half? I was filling Ramza's and the LM lit up once 3 of the 6 connecting lines spheres were unlocked.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Unfortunately Lightning OSB is kind of unimpressive, it's probably better to chain the USB.

USB is only 710% and her OSB starts at 1125% and goes up to 1350%. Most of the USB's power comes from the buff.

I've actually had really good luck with USB into OSB spam with a single wrathbot providing power. You get thundergod attack speeds plus empower lightning plus lightning boost gear for another 40% and RM for another 30%. Slightly lower coefficient, but good enough for someone who didn't luck into Cid's OSB.

Edit: I'd worry about it running out of steam compared to the BSB2 in full throttle.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 9, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

There's no way it's right to jam OSBs between USB buff refreshes without an entrust bot. But that's a really smart way to use it.

You been doing that against non-lit weak bosses as well or just not bringing her in that case?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh hey I finally got Cid Raines BSB - still really good right?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Oh hey I finally got Cid Raines BSB - still really good right?

It is still the cornerstone of my mage team in Japan. Consider very strongly doing Raines's full Legend Dive once you have enough motes.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think I could do

CId Raines
Kuja
Quistis
Yshtola
Tyro?

With BSBs which seems good or replace Quistis with Golbez and just do darkness mage team

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

I think I could do

CId Raines
Kuja
Quistis
Yshtola
Tyro?

With BSBs which seems good or replace Quistis with Golbez and just do darkness mage team
I'd go with Golbez since you only have 1 faithga (edit: depending on what you use for RW) so focusing on Dark with Kuja's imperil will help your damage. Golbez's tanking is nice too

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 9, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

My mage team looks like raines/seymour/papa/rapha/yshtola

Unless I should go full mage which I also have rydia ovelia and selphie BSBs too...

I want to pull on the lightning banner but I really don't want some serah ssb...

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

It's a good ssb though which I wouldn't mind having especially since I have her BSB too. I'm gonna hoard mythril a while though and only pull on 25 mythril banners. I have Raines BSB and Lightning's OSB so while this wouldn't be a bad banner for me, dupes are too risky.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a part of me still howling that I didn't get anything for Jihl and all the "best dark imperil until rufus" and the prospect of bringing Golbez back to my A-team is very tempting.

I'm back up to 25 mythril, aiming to grind out some more realm dungeons and have enough for one BSB Lucky and one pull on the Tifa/Noctis Fest banner. I can't remember what the word was from Japan, isn't Noctis supposed to be good? Being non-elemental means he's equally useful in most magicite dungeons, and has a TGCid multiplier on his OSB that has extra effects. Also, looking down to see he's got a doublecast Combat LMR in the future has me excited about honing Omega Drive.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I got Cid Raines SSB/BSB/OSB, all new to me. The boost from the SSB doesn't stack with the boost from the BSB CMD2, right? It affects the same stats so I assume no but the CMD2 is +MAG-RES and the SSB is +MAG+RES.

Is the OSB worth using if you have the BSB?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

bilperkins2 posted:

I got Cid Raines SSB/BSB/OSB, all new to me. The boost from the SSB doesn't stack with the boost from the BSB CMD2, right? It affects the same stats so I assume no but the CMD2 is +MAG-RES and the SSB is +MAG+RES.

Is the OSB worth using if you have the BSB?

I'm not sure if they stack, but honestly it doesn't matter. Cid Raines has so many ways to buff himself that he doesn't need to SSB before he BSBs. Just give him Memento Mori, Burst mode, BSB initial MAG buff, CMD 2, and he's softcapped on MAG buffs. If you run any other faithgas, you don't even need the memento mori.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The +MAG/-RES on his BSB CMD 2 will stack with the MAG/RES buff on his SSB2.

That said, his SSB2 isn't too useful for combining with his BSB. Cast speed up is pointless with Instant Cast from his Command 1, and unlike Memento Mori that has a MAG buff time of 50 seconds and lasts for the entire doom period (and more) the MAG/RES buff on the SSB is still the standard 25 and would need to be refreshed. Memento Mori is much easier to use if you want the MAG buff.

OSB is going to be more useful as a stat stick (6* dark+ fist), but it'll only really be useful if you can end the fight with an OSB cast, or if you have an extra SB bar filled up from hitting a weakness. Otherwise, I'd just recast the BSB.

Edit: I don't remember his OSB scaling particularly well with the Doom timer either.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 10, 2017

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
Sooo, uhhhh, I haven't played a lot since the last Orbfest due to school hell and now I'm kinda lost with the USB, LM, and stuff talk.

Also, I did a pull on the Realm Dungeon Draw and got Agrias' OSB, Delita's BSB, and Selphie's USB. Are they any good?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

pichupal posted:

The +MAG/-RES on his BSB CMD 2 will stack with the MAG/RES buff on his SSB2.

That said, his SSB2 isn't too useful for combining with his BSB. Cast speed up is pointless with Instant Cast from his Command 1, and unlike Memento Mori that has a MAG buff time of 50 seconds and lasts for the entire doom period (and more) the MAG/RES buff on the SSB is still the standard 25 and would need to be refreshed. Memento Mori is much easier to use if you want the MAG buff.

OSB is going to be more useful as a stat stick (6* dark+ fist), but it'll only really be useful if you can end the fight with an OSB cast, or if you have an extra SB bar filled up from hitting a weakness. Otherwise, I'd just recast the BSB.

Edit: I don't remember his OSB scaling particularly well with the Doom timer either.

The SSB is mainly a Full throttle toy. You open with it, which means Raines doesn't need Memento Mori for self doom, then BSB, then command 2, then BSB again, then command 1, all with fastcast, and now you're rolling into the standard BSB command 1 spam cycle much faster.

The OSB meanwhile, is basically a finishing move. Rather than recasting the BSB when the doom timer is under 5 seconds or whatever, just instant cast OSB to finish things off.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Mithross posted:

I'm not sure if they stack, but honestly it doesn't matter. Cid Raines has so many ways to buff himself that he doesn't need to SSB before he BSBs. Just give him Memento Mori, Burst mode, BSB initial MAG buff, CMD 2, and he's softcapped on MAG buffs. If you run any other faithgas, you don't even need the memento mori.

Raines BSB entry does more damage if he is afflicted with doom so in this case you should keep Memento Mori and drop the single CMD 2 cast. That lets him start in on the CMD 1 chains right away and also increases his survivability because you're not bargaining away RES.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

CaptainPsyko posted:

The SSB is mainly a Full throttle toy. You open with it, which means Raines doesn't need Memento Mori for self doom, then BSB, then command 2, then BSB again, then command 1, all with fastcast, and now you're rolling into the standard BSB command 1 spam cycle much faster.

The OSB meanwhile, is basically a finishing move. Rather than recasting the BSB when the doom timer is under 5 seconds or whatever, just instant cast OSB to finish things off.

I keep forgetting about Full Throttle battles, yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

We should get our first full throttle with this event as well. They aren't called that in global though. I forget what they changed the name to.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Randabis posted:

We should get our first full throttle with this event as well. They aren't called that in global though. I forget what they changed the name to.

"Jump Start", apparently, which is a lot dorkier and less hype than Full Throttle. But such is the way the renames have gone in global.

Siselmo posted:

Also, I did a pull on the Realm Dungeon Draw and got Agrias' OSB, Delita's BSB, and Selphie's USB. Are they any good?

Selphie's USB is incredibly good, being an instant-cast Curaga medica and source of Last Stand (survive any lethal damage once). It's only really held back by Selphie's lack of Wrath, compared to Rosa and Y'shtola.

Agrias's OSB is one of the better ones, getting better damage if the enemy has a weakness to Holy (which pairs incredibly well with her Imperil Holy BSB).

Delita's BSB...it's not terrible? It shines if you have a SB that increases your crit rate (like Eiko's BSB or Delita's own Counter Tackle), since the entire thing does increased Crit damage, but it's mostly just notable for how many different elements it tries to tag (Holy/Fire/Lightning/Ice on entry, Holy/Fire and Lightning/Ice commands). Treat it like a slightly punchier Bartz BSB1.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

KataraniSword posted:

"Jump Start", apparently, which is a lot dorkier and less hype than Full Throttle. But such is the way the renames have gone in global.

Are there any prerequisites to this?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I can't remember what the word was from Japan, isn't Noctis supposed to be good? Being non-elemental means he's equally useful in most magicite dungeons, and has a TGCid multiplier on his OSB that has extra effects. Also, looking down to see he's got a doublecast Combat LMR in the future has me excited about honing Omega Drive.

Hmm, more like equally useless in all magicite dungeons. Honestly, the magicite fights are absurdly tanky, and you almost always want to be exploiting their weakness to do damage. Non-elemental stuff is going to underperform.

That said, he's not bad, and he's got some stuff that pairs well with gimmicky speed-run strats that are popular with the whales.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I would imagine what actually is hurting Noctis OSB is the fact it's non-elemental. You can't increase your damage via imperils and more importantly +element gear.

Thunder God and that have the same multiplier in theory, but in practice Saintly Excalibur has those magic words on it: Increased Holy damage.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

iPodschun posted:

I'd go with Golbez since you only have 1 faithga (edit: depending on what you use for RW) so focusing on Dark with Kuja's imperil will help your damage. Golbez's tanking is nice too

Oh right I have Sarah's Faithga but dunno if an SSB is worth a slot

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oh right I have Sarah's Faithga but dunno if an SSB is worth a slot

I'm assuming you mean Serah, the FF13 character, and not Sarah, the FF1 character? At least, I don't think the latter has a faithga.

Either way, if so, it's on par with Sheepsong/Leylines/etc; it's a Hastega plus a +MAG/MND buff; there's a few faithgas it doesn't stack with (notably Yuna's BSB2) but for what you're packing it should be another layer of damage boosting. You'd have to feed Serah some pretty high hones, and she'd be more of a utility slot, but she could pretty solidly fuel both Golbez and Raines to be your dedicated Dark Mage Nuke Squad while still making Y'shtola heal better. Swap in a Support/Dance unit of choice (read: Tyro) or Kuja's imperil depending on if you need more defense or offense.

Assuming you have the hones to keep her active, it's one of those SSBs that is arguably worth the slot.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Finally decided I'd have enough mythril to pull on 4 more Lucky Draws and still have 2 pulls on Extreme Fest. So that leaves BSB+, Curaga, Imperil, and one more. I figured the Dungeon Lucky would give me a shot at some FFXIV gear since my collection for that realm is sparse (but good stuff with Stoneskin II and Deployment Tactics).

Well now! That's a very nice pull, even if the Artemis Bow and Crescent Wish are dupes.

Looks like I now have 3 Holy OSBs, and half as many 6* base relics as BSBs.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've now managed to stumble into having all three imperil holy bursts (agrias, beatrix, edward). it's a curious situation.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Prav posted:

i've now managed to stumble into having all three imperil holy bursts (agrias, beatrix, edward). it's a curious situation.

Well you know what you must do.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Prav posted:

You forgot Leo's and Raines'. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ETB posted:

You forgot Leo's and Raines'. :v:

Those aren't Bursts, those are just regular Super Soul Breaks.

• Locked thread