Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Hawaiian pizza is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hawaiian pizza is bad

Have you considered perhaps that Hawaiian pizza exists and some people enjoy it while others do not?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
All eating is, on some level, bad, wrong, and unpopular.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hate to break it to you but it’s the Sox that suck

Mindfulness does not work; I'm still triggered to violence by this opinion of yours.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

burial posted:

Give me a sandwich to build a dream on, in my imagination...

I don’t want to set the toast on fire
Just want it crispy, for my BLT

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Have you considered perhaps that Hawaiian pizza exists and some people enjoy it while others do not?

Those people are also bad

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Those people are also bad

Well yeah everybody sucks but that isn't the fault of pizza.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

fruit on the bottom posted:

I don’t want to set the toast on fire
Just want it crispy, for my BLT

Still the king, fruit-boots. Still the king.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Japanese consistently make better superhero stuff than America

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Counterpoint: there is no good superhero-related media. it's all trash

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Well yeah everybody sucks but that isn't the fault of pizza.

Pizza is inherently good. People are bad. Bad people make bad pizza!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You only think that because you've never watched Kamen Rider W, Symphogear, or One Punch Man

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pizza can be both good and boring.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Super hot pizza is both too hot to enjoy eating and too hot to enjoy having sex with it. It is a failure on every conceivable level.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah I eat rear end posted:

um there exists a japanimation anime called Boku My Hero Academia and i'll have you know it is very good my otp is urararaka and the gay guy (which is all of the men except mineta, mineta is dead)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I prefer my pizza cold

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
American superheroes: unpleasant, dark, colorless, no fun, just completely miserable, fighting for dumb reasons

Japanese superheroes: heroic, colorful, going to save everyone, fighting for Love & Peace.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

American superheroes: unpleasant, dark, colorless, no fun, just completely miserable, fighting for dumb reasons

this does not describe the world's greatest superhero, the Punisher...oh, gently caress

ok well it doesn't describe...lets say deadpool. any reason he has is a dumb reason

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Barefoot Gen (available in full in english on youtube) will change your opinions on pizza, nuclear bombs, anime, dumbass superhero comics, and mortality

Plus everyone should watch it just because it is one of, if not THE, only representation of what it’s like to be nuked written by a survivor. The titular Gen was there that day.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hawowanlawow posted:

I prefer my pizza cold

:hmmyes:

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
I like Hawaiian pizza but I substitute bacon instead of ham and it is vastly superior to classic Hawaiian.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
like, last year people were like, Wonder Woman, OMG, finally there's a female superhero movie, this is such a big moment for representation. One woman who fucks literally the first dude she meets and then saves the day by, I can't even remember, I think she throws a sword at a guy?

Meanwhile Japan had already aired three seasons of Symphogear, a show about a team of lesbian superheroes who save the day by believing in themselves and their friends and then punching a hole through a mountain.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't think pineapple and tomato sauce works well together. I think pineapple can work but with something else. There's a reason when you get figs on pizza it usually has something like onions and bacon but no sauce.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Mu Zeta posted:

There's a reason when you I don’t get figs on pizza it usually has something like onions and bacon but no sauce.

Fixed that for myself.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

like, last year people were like, Wonder Woman, OMG, finally there's a female superhero movie, this is such a big moment for representation. One woman who fucks literally the first dude she meets and then saves the day by, I can't even remember, I think she throws a sword at a guy?

Meanwhile Japan had already aired three seasons of Symphogear, a show about a team of lesbian superheroes who save the day by believing in themselves and their friends and then punching a hole through a mountain.

bluestar, i love you

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Barefoot Gen (available in full in english on youtube) will change your opinions on pizza, nuclear bombs, anime, dumbass superhero comics, and mortality

Plus everyone should watch it just because it is one of, if not THE, only representation of what it’s like to be nuked written by a survivor. The titular Gen was there that day.

I watched In Our Corner of the World a few weeks ago and really liked that. It's yet another anime drama about living through WW2.

There's a lot of transitions that seem messy and disorienting because I think the idea is the main character zones out into thinking about drawing a lot and the screenplay is supposed to reflect that thought process. There's points where it's hard to tell what's real and what's just going on in her mind. On the other hand the big moments are realistically captured in a way that I don't think other people do well, like the actual bomb going off is largely a mystery in the actual moment it happens.

I think it's very good and I'd recommend it and no one seems to have heard of it, while Barefoot Gen and Grave of the Fireflies are really well known. Also yes, gently caress Japan for not acknowledging the horrible poo poo Japan did in Asia during WW2 and completely ignoring the fact that America's specific bombing of Japan was largely tied to them bombing Pearl Harbor first.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hawaiian pizza is bad

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Top of page opinion still applies for bottom of the page!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo it's less that it's bad and more that every other kind of pizza is better. I'll eat it but mehh

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Japanese superheroes: heroic, colorful, going to save everyone, fighting for Love & Peace.

Its because the last couple of generations of Americans have become a cohort of obese manbabies who refuse to accept that superheroes are for children, and so demand that their capeshit media be "dark" and "gritty" and "extreme". They want to believe that the superhero genre is sophisticated and serious. The Japanese know full well this crap is for kids, so they make it fun for kids.

Ironically, the Japanese also kick America's rear end when it comes to more adult fare. Ninja Scroll is far superior to anything Fatmerica has put out in the past 30 years, in any medium and in any genre.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Blue Star posted:

Its because the last couple of generations of Americans have become a cohort of obese manbabies who refuse to accept that superheroes are for children, and so demand that their capeshit media be "dark" and "gritty" and "extreme". They want to believe that the superhero genre is sophisticated and serious. The Japanese know full well this crap is for kids, so they make it fun for kids.

Ironically, the Japanese also kick America's rear end when it comes to more adult fare. Ninja Scroll is far superior to anything Fatmerica has put out in the past 30 years, in any medium and in any genre.

Nothing here upsets me, but I haven't seen Ninja Scroll.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If Goku is only for kids then I don’t wanna be a grown up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Caufman posted:

Nothing here upsets me, but I haven't seen Ninja Scroll.

Ninja Scroll is good. There's a guy that has wasps living in him.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm not an anime guy and most of what i have seen has flew over my head but ninja scroll is a good watch, pretty hosed up if i remember rightly though

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
adults shouldn't use the word "doggo"

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

adults people shouldn't use the word "doggo"

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Say doog instead.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I've used heckin and doggo in a sentence in real life and will not apologize for it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Doggo" and "birb" are some of the dumbest poo poo I've seen on the internet. And I've seen my own posts!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Know what your call a really cute big fat round birb?

A borb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Friend I even say catte.