Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Melchior posted:

I started playing this last night and it's pretty fun for a free game - I haven't hit the wall yet where pay items are necessary to progress.

There's no such wall, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
You will eventually need plat to expand your weapon and frame slots, but you can always get it by flipping prime parts and rare mods on Trade.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I probably have 1000 plat locked in my mods and prime parts, I just can't be bothered to troll the trading channel for plat. I'd rather just give them away to goons.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Is there a way to see which missions have people waiting for co-op players? I see player names scrolling along on a mission name but it just sits there trying to find players to make a co-op game so maybe I can't match with them. Single player is fine, but co-op is better!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The scrolling names are founders, not people playing on the node. The number of squads on a given node is shown if you hover the mouse over it:

Ask in clan chat if anyone wanna run some missions with you, there is always some bored mastery 17 guy formaing his dog or something willing to run through some low level content.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Wow i finally got my Loki. Why did nobody tell me that the fun starts when you get your perma invis loki? I am even wasting my precious cores on melee crap so i can be more goofy. What is the best melee weapon to knock mobs off their feet and send em flying? Don't care about dmg i just want to see them fly. :dance:

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 14, 2014

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Try out a throwing weapon so you can be a permanently invisible force that ragdolls everything in its way for easy five-digit numbers.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Male Man posted:

You will eventually need plat to expand your weapon and frame slots, but you can always get it by flipping prime parts and rare mods on Trade.

How do I know what constitutes a 'prime' part? I don't even know what the different colors of mods is supposed to indicate(as well as what difference there is between 'damaged' and non-damaged mods).

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Prime parts are weapon components that come from Void Tower missions, which you get into via keys that are rewarded from certain kinds of mission. Generally Prime weapons are souped-up versions of the regular weapon with a nice black/white-and-gold colour-scheme.

Mod colour is just a rarity scale; bronze, silver and gold.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

I'm guessing red is common, then?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Ayeeeeeep. Each type of enemy has a loot table of certain mods. Since a few enemy types are used as endless basic troopers for you to slaughter, certain common mods are really goddamn common.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Melchior posted:

How do I know what constitutes a 'prime' part?
They say prime in the name :)

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Pierson posted:

certain common mods are really goddamn common.

WHY CAN'T WE GET HUNDREDS OF lovely V POLARITY MODS, NOT Y POLARITY.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Here's to hoping DE also removes the default precepts when they remove frame powers from the drop tables.

E: So it happened.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/324240-partnership-announcement/?p=3657369#entry3657369
https://warframe.com/news/partnership-announced
http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/SEHK/2014/1014/LTN20141014641.pdf

quote:

Today, October 14, 2014, Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc. (a subsidiary of Sumpo Food Holdings Limited) and Perfect Online Holding Limited (a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd.) entered into an acquisition agreement with the shareholders of Digital Extremes Ltd. to acquire 61% of the entire issued share capital of the Company. Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc. and Perfect Online Holding Limited will acquire 58% and 3% respectively.

quote:

What does it mean for Warframe, for you, and for me?
For me, it’s business as usual, with zero changes in DE management and no outside interference whatsoever. After the shock wears off I simply go back to drowning in coffee, crunching on the Archwing update and building end-game content we desperately need (I might be sneaking some into Archwing at the last minute actually).
For you, I hope you read the deal and realize it’s not the doomsday scenario you may fear. I hope you agree to at least wait and see what it means and I hope you engage with us and our community on what is important to you as a player as Warframe and Digital Extremes grows from this partnership.
As for Warframe... well it’s getting an Orokin Reactor installed. It will have more resources to increase quality and scope. It will continue just as it began, as a labor of love. It will continue to be built by the same passionate developers you know while being guided and challenged by the most passionate and positive gaming community we’ve ever experienced.

From what I'm reading so far this means they're now partially, indirectly, owned by Sumpo (not PWE) and that they can now distribute WF in china. Apparently chicken is not being profitable to Sumpo so they want to diversify.

Oh I see. "Investors and partnerships have NO VOTING RIGHTS over the influence of DE's purchases, investments etc. (they cannot change any decisions made by DE)."

Kyte fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 14, 2014

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

a cat on an apple posted:

WHY CAN'T WE GET HUNDREDS OF lovely V POLARITY MODS, NOT Y POLARITY.

Another question, what does polarity have to do with anything? Sorry, 400 page thread is kind of daunting.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Melchior posted:

Another question, what does polarity have to do with anything? Sorry, 400 page thread is kind of daunting.
I'm feeling lazy so go read the links at the bottom of this post where I wrote a giant useless wall of text. Once you understand what's on those wiki pages you can probably fill in the blanks yourself.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585612&pagenumber=358&perpage=40#post433756706

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Melchior posted:

Frames and some weapons also have polarities in their mod slots. Equipping a mod of matching polarity in these slots will half the mod's point cost while equipping one of a different polarity will increase the cost by 50%. Once a weapon or frame hits lvl 30, a Forma can be spent to change or add a polarity to one slot and reset the item to lvl 0. Repeating this process multiple times is required if you want to get maximum power out of a weapon/frame and is a major late-game time/resource sink.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Melchior posted:

Apart from what Cascade said, when you fuse mods, using mods with matching polarity (or Core polarity which matches with everything) give twice as much fusion energy as a non-matching mod. Honestly it's not that important unless you're running low on credits (since logically it costs twice as much for the same benefit).

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Here's to hoping DE also removes the default precepts when they remove frame powers from the drop tables.

E: So it happened.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/324240-partnership-announcement/?p=3657369#entry3657369
https://warframe.com/news/partnership-announced
http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/SEHK/2014/1014/LTN20141014641.pdf

From what I'm reading so far this means they're now partially, indirectly, owned by Sumpo (not PWE) and that they can now distribute WF in china. Apparently chicken is not being profitable to Sumpo so they want to diversify.

Oh I see. "Investors and partnerships have NO VOTING RIGHTS over the influence of DE's purchases, investments etc. (they cannot change any decisions made by DE)."

Page 13, LISTING RULE IMPLICATIONS, second paragraph

quote:

Upon Closing, Digital Extremes will become an indirect non-wholly owned subsidiary of the Company
and the common shares of Digital Extremes will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0%, 26.1%, 2.8%. 3.9%
and 6.2% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online, Ontario Ltd. 1, Ontario Ltd. 2, Ontario Ltd. 3
and Digital Extremes Employee Share Trust, respectively; and the Class B Special shares of Digital
Extremes, which carry no voting rights in Digital Extremes, will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0% and 39.0%
by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online and Ontario Ltd. 1, respectively.

Unless i'm way too tired and missing something obvious, DE sold 61% of their voting stock and 61% of their non-voting stock to Sumpo.

The graphs also show Sumpo with a 61% stake in the voting stock of the company.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I admit when I quoted that (ergo the quote marks) I didn't have time to thoroughly scan the document for the supporting proof.

That said:

quote:

Upon Closing, Digital Extremes will become an indirect 58.0% owned subsidiary of the Company, and the consolidated profit or loss and assets of Digital Extremes will be accounted for in the consolidated financial statements of the Group.
What exactly does the "indirect" bit imply?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The shares are owned by Multi Dynamic Games(58%) and Perfect Online(3%) which are, in turn, owned by Sumpo.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I meant beyond the obvious.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Denzine posted:

The shares are owned by Multi Dynamic Games(58%) and Perfect Online(3%) which are, in turn, owned by Sumpo.

Perfect Online appears to be owned by Perfect World, not Sumpo. Unless the whole PWE network is also owned by Sumpo.

Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc. appears to have been created by Sumpo solely to purchase Warframe.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

I meant beyond the obvious.

I guess they might or might not have to play telephone to tell DE what to do? :shrug:

kafziel posted:

Perfect Online appears to be owned by Perfect World, not Sumpo. Unless the whole PWE network is also owned by Sumpo.

Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc. appears to have been created by Sumpo solely to purchase Warframe.

Yes. Perfect World is one of Sumpo's subsidiaries.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

My guess is it means they're operating more or less as a separate entity, as opposed to a direct subsidiary which is more like a division of the larger company.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He so firmly believes there will be no 'outside interference' from their new owners. Oh, Steve :3: Your naivete is absolutely adorable.

Could be worse, I suppose. Could have been Electronic Arts :unsmigghh:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 14, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So hey, I haven't played this game in a while, not since combos were first released (update 12 I think). What's new? Anything major and fun?

Does Valkyr turn into wolverine and slaughter everything with her bare hands yet that doesn't involve looking like a floating boxer?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

Does Valkyr turn into wolverine and slaughter everything with her bare hands yet that doesn't involve looking like a floating boxer?

Valkyr's Hysteria got its own unique Stance, yes, she has proper combos now.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria_%28Stance%29 It has Roaring Drums for its downed attack. The best downed attack.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
So what is the verdict on putting together an end game (T4D, T4S, etc.) control build with Oberon based on Reckoning? Threw the below together mostly to see what it would take to make it work. Am I going in completely the wrong direction?

Link: http://goo.gl/8WMYcJ

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Panzerkin3D posted:

So what is the verdict on putting together an end game (T4D, T4S, etc.) control build with Oberon based on Reckoning? Threw the below together mostly to see what it would take to make it work. Am I going in completely the wrong direction?

Link: http://goo.gl/8WMYcJ

You need more a ton more range in there since you will die as soon as something looks at you. Really though, Oberon isn't very good for high-level content, your best cc (reckoning), locks you into place and is still worse than Chaos, Radial Blind, or Radial Disarm. Remember, if you aren't shooting things, someone else has to pick up that slack, and the damage from reckoning just isn't going to cut it.

Edit: Forgot Molecular Prime in my list of great end-game cc. Stomp is what I consider the base level of cc for end-game content, though I'd rather have a rhino roaring.

EroticBlacksmith fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 14, 2014

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

EroticBlacksmith posted:

You need more a ton more range in there since you will die as soon as something looks at you. Really though, Oberon isn't very good for high-level content, your best cc (reckoning), locks you into place and is still worse than Chaos, Radial Blind, or Radial Disarm. Remember, if you aren't shooting things, someone else has to pick up that slack, and the damage from reckoning just isn't going to cut it.

Edit: Forgot Molecular Prime in my list of great end-game cc. Stomp is what I consider the base level of cc for end-game content, though I'd rather have a rhino roaring.

Fair points. I'm prepping all the usual end game frames as well of course. For some reason I really want to make Oberon work on hard content. Knockdown and splash blinds (since the damage is terrible) seem like they should be as cool as the others. Guess not.

Edit: Spelling and Grammar.

Panzerkin3D fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 14, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Oberon will be perfectly fine for T4 early on, but nobody will thank you for bringing an Oberon if you are going long.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

Sandweed posted:

Oberon will be perfectly fine for T4 early on, but nobody will thank you for bringing an Oberon if you are going long.

Guess I'll stick to other frames for T4 then. Ah well. Some day he will suck less. Right?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Oberon already does suck less than he did, he just doesn't specifically bring a lot to the table for the hardest challenge in the game. This is true of most of the frames.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Panzerkin3D posted:

Guess I'll stick to other frames for T4 then. Ah well. Some day he will suck less. Right?

No frames are created equal. Only certain builds work in high level content but this is okay since none of those builds are blocked by a paywall. It's still fun to bring any frame you like on regular content. I like to bring Excalibur and Ash because they're cool looking.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I think its worth mentioning that Oberon's Hallowed Ground grants CC immunity, which I think is worth while, but I'm a dope who will potato all of the weapons I get (even my badass aklatos .) And Smite procs radiation on the main target and puncture on everything else that it hits.

I "might be" the only person who cares any of these things.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Welp. Failed Rank 8 test because it wouldn't let me wall run and instead just jump off as soon as I touched the wall, even when I was holding the drat Space key. :(

Guess I need to wait 24 hours.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The acrobatics rank-ups are bullshit anyway. At no point will you ever need any of those skills except maybe the wall-running to make your own shortcuts.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The acrobatics rank-ups are bullshit anyway. At no point will you ever need any of those skills except maybe the wall-running to make your own shortcuts.

On the other hand void parkour rooms use those skills if you aren't Loki/Zephyr/Rhino with a good coptering weapon. A small part of me hopes that one day we'll get a boss fight that requires you to parkour while fighting the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

EroticBlacksmith posted:

On the other hand void parkour rooms use those skills if you aren't Loki/Zephyr/Rhino with a good coptering weapon. A small part of me hopes that one day we'll get a boss fight that requires you to parkour while fighting the boss.

I was hoping Lephantis would require that when he was first introduced, but instead it's a well done multi-stage boss. Maybe the new T3 Golem will have a parkour segment.