Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I had no gold sabers before this event (and Lily is now my only one), and I'll probably hit 1M Altrium today. 1.5M is probably the highest I can really aim for, I think that Lore is out of my reach. Oh well. Pretty much every major event awards them, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just realized, I don't think we had a Servant designed by CLAMP yet.

They'd be expensive as hell to contract and I'm not sure they're even up for freelance work.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nyaa posted:

It would be rough at the beginning, but once you have 3-4 stars CE, friend okita will be able to one-shot lancer.

Yes, my NP2 Okita is happy to help everyone!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Please take good care of your loyal Servants.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
The Jack fight was rough for me because I wasn't expecting her, and then I panicked and burned two command seals to have Nero and Salter NP back to back and she was still standing and the chimeras were dead and she just kept killing everyone... :gonk:

But when all was said and done, at the battle's end a lone figure stood triumphant with a single HP on my side of the field.

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/930629770206961664

Hail to the King, motherfuckers. :toot:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Next challenge quest is Altera and a lancer dragon. I'm assuming the ideal is to take out the dragon first since all of his attacks hit everyone.

Not necessarily sure I agree with this. Sure the dragon hits everyone, but it's hitting them for relatively minor damage (or just doing its NP buff skill) most of the time. The hits also charge your entire party's NP bars, so that's arguably a positive as well. Meanwhile, Altera is going to be doing massive chunks of damage to anything she hits, and it'll get worse if/when she starts using her attack buff skill.

Caveat here being if you're bringing a Berserker or Archer along to deal with Altera, in which case yeah you probably want that dragon down ASAP.

Pureauthor posted:

Don't forget the Herc that's in wave 2. I might set it up to use my NP on him straight away and hope I can build it back up during wave 3.

It might be possible to 2-round him, depending on card RNG, even without using an NP, so just using Gandr might be enough if you don't want him to get a turn.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I am going to waste all my tickets going for Brynhild.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
I am going to waste all my quartz going for Bryn, and then get spooked by Fionn.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I had 0 claws and 2 hearts when Saber Wars started. These mats are going to be gone in a day or two once the event ends and I start ascending some servants/leveling skills, but right now It's nice to look at.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
Managed to clear out all the +30 Fou's today thanks to two folks on my list with MLB True Shot's! Now to have them sit in storage until I whiff for Jalter.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

the_steve posted:

Marie is cool, but her hat is dumb and I hate it.
There, I said it. :colbert:

what the gently caress

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Nyaa posted:

Raising lily would be the best bet for saberless players...

lol nope

as a saberless player caesar is your best bet and is hilariously better than lily

her attack is SO TRASH

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
but what i actually did was leave caesar and lily in the backline and just used an actual team instead and bid farewell to clearing out the altrium

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I can’t believe these dragons are actual lancers for once

Who should I prioritize leveling, between saber lily, Ferguson, and Siegfried?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For future content? Siegfried, since he gets stronger eventually to not be poo poo.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Treasure the SSRs that answer your summons. They're the ones who decided you were a worthy Master.

You can say this as many times as you want, I'm still going to resent Artoria for being my guaranteed gacha pull instead of literally anyone else on that banner.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Lumen posted:

Managed to clear out all the +30 Fou's today thanks to two folks on my list with MLB True Shot's! Now to have them sit in storage until I whiff for Jalter.

Just a note here, but the Valentine's event has Fou's in the shop as well, 30 of each for a change, as does Jalter's event itself, so feel free to use whatever ones you have currently.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

LightningSquid posted:

You can say this as many times as you want, I'm still going to resent Artoria for being my guaranteed gacha pull instead of literally anyone else on that banner.

As someone that pulled Orion, it could've been worse

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Haha, helper Okita is the sole survivor of today's Altera level w/ 83 HP left, and that was with the supports being point boosts (Caesar, Sieg, Saber Lily all level 40 or below, Caesar at least helped some). I did get lucky that Altera decided to not buster much and boosted her NP some instead of attacking. Still have all my command seals available for trying the 3 mil level tomorrow, definitely going to use a real support line for that.

Leviathean
Oct 22, 2012

?

Tae posted:

If you're talking from a usefulness standpoint, Orion has been far more useful for me than Artoria on the JP server for Event farming and difficult missions across the last 2 years, mainly due to the guaranteed NP-drain on NP and the single-target 5-star damage.

If you're talking about art though, yeah, I stand by your opinion.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Tae posted:

I won't lie, Orion was probably my second least favorable option, but I already had Okita by that point so at least I would have had another SSR in a different class

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Orion's art is good :twisted:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My Okita must really be getting exhausted during this event. Not only did she fail to get any quick cards for star gen during Nobu's Demonic King buff vs Altera (totally not my fault!), but even after using a command seal to charge her NP and doing an NPQQE chain she failed to finish off Altera because her NP's DEF down didn't proc (totally' okita's fault, it certainly was not Altera's Magic Resist).

Well, she got a few minutes break after her and Nobu got Photon Rayed. Thankfully Hans and Mash were in the back to finish off the last bit of Altera's HP. Fun fight.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Motto posted:

Orion's art is good :twisted:

I too love women in clear physical pain as some sort of magitech generator ruptures from their thigh and makes their skin and clothing bubble and burst.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also the Brynhildr campaign just got announced on Facebook.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Tae posted:

I hate her art so much. I need her to get a costume. One that is drawn by a much better artist.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

I too love women in clear physical pain as some sort of magitech generator ruptures from their thigh and makes their skin and clothing bubble and burst.
yeah its actually a really interesting design

also 'clear physical pain?' she looks mildly uncomfortable lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm glad Shishou came home so that I can't be tempted by Bryn.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Soylentbits posted:

I hate her art so much. I need her to get a costume. One that is drawn by a much better artist.

You don't know 'I need a costume' pain until you pull Jack

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Goddamn Okita is punching way above her weight this event. MVP in murdering Altera Galactera, the dragon, and Herc.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Herc ended up not being a problem because my Altera started off with a BAB chain that wrecked the poo poo out of him and he died easy on the next turn.

She sadly didn't live through the next round since she ended up on the wrong end of her own NP, but not before getting her own off while Nero and the support Okita knocked Galactera down to 50k.

Related, god I'm so glad Nero got her third skill with this event.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Goddamn Okita is punching way above her weight this event. MVP in murdering Altera Galactera, the dragon, and Herc.
Yeah, beyond anything else this event somehow managed to sell me even more on Okita than I was previously. Crazy how useful she's been. Managed to clear today's challenge mission without using any command seals, so I'll have a full set for Lalter :getin:

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

AtheistMantis posted:

The Altera I got from the guaranteed gatcha is literally saving my life this event.

Okita may have the highest score but Altera has definitely been MVP for me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Altera is a good, reliable beatstick if nothing else and sometimes that's completely fine.

Good Girl, Good Civilization

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
My plan for Galactera is to Bring support Salter to blast the dragon to pieces with on NP while also pouring the damage where it needs to go, and eventually having Orion come to the front and finish the job. Only problem is I'll have to wait until tomorrow, because I have lovely luck and haven't seen a single Star or Altria drop, so I only have the 6, and I'm gonna want 4 on my points team for that 3 mil HP and then MLB a star to save on cost.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bryn celebration details: http://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=/iframe/2018/0116_200dlcp/

Basically, among other things, 25 quartz, 5-6 tickets, and half-ap embers. Also, Atilla NP strengthening.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

1/2AP Embers, yessss...

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Very excited for Anniversary Blonde, one of the Mystic Codes I really want on JPN, but not willing to burn anybody for the rare prisms to unlock it there.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

bleah. After today's daily I'm up to 1.4 million artorim so I could probably throw some apples at it get to the 2 million but I'm not sure I'm gonna bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The 5* CE Vessel of the Saint is, unsurprisingly, very good for Jeanne. It allows you to ignore the first 3 debuffs that hit a character including Jeanne's self-inflicted stun. You have to sacrifice your NP generating CE or 2030 that would normally go on her, but it's a very good situational CE to have available.