Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Edit: wrong thread!

Rolo fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

FlyFishinInnuendo posted:

Went for a ride while it was relatively warm and not currently raining, but it turns out water from the road is still more than capable of soaking through my cheap boots to my socks. Turned around a bit early, but glad I got out.

What windscreen is that? I'm looking all over, but can't seem to find anything vertical like that.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The weather was not-poo poo enough today for a ride so I got to test the heated grips I got for my birthday.

holy gently caress heated grips rule

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Love seeing December posts!

Tomorrow is supposed to be like 58 and I’m so excited to go for a cold ride in summer gloves.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
FBS, how are the roads up near you not already slathered in salt?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Jazzzzz posted:

FBS, how are the roads up near you not already slathered in salt?

They kinda are, some worse than others. It's snowed a few times but nothing has stuck south of the state line. Twenty minutes into Wisconsin and it's a different story.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Love seeing December posts!

Tomorrow is supposed to be like 58 and I’m so excited to go for a cold ride in summer gloves.

FlyFishinInnuendo
Apr 14, 2005

Nitrox posted:

What windscreen is that? I'm looking all over, but can't seem to find anything vertical like that.

It's an Aeroflow, not sure of the exact model since a previous owner installed it. Looks like this may be the newer version: https://aeroflowscreens.com/F650_800_GS/F650GS_F800GS_Touring.htm

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A secret Santa in another subforum sent me a couple of little toy bikes! An Electraglide, and oddly, a Yamaha GTS 1000, don't see those often

Oh wait also they are robots

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Man, wouldn't a gts1000 based ornithopter rule?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hell yeah full bagger fairing as a codpiece

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Would you rather ride a sandworm or a motorbike?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The Autobots were defeated by their refusal of classic telescoping forks.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deeters posted:

The Autobots were defeated by their refusal of classic telescoping forks.

This is it, the greatest post, close CA now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is a good post :discourse:

E: had to shorten it up, but it works

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

My bike was NOT happy about not being ridden for 2 weeks and being left outside in the cold and rain. Took a few tries to get it to run.
With the crap cold wet weather i haven't been riding much, so today i decided to brave the near-freezing cold, and get the thing nice and hot on a spirited ride :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCtFrjyE4PA

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

I went and did a thing.

Only had about an hour to ride it back home but god drat this thing handles and performs like a dream.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

I went and did a thing.

Only had about an hour to ride it back home but god drat this thing handles and performs like a dream.

:hellyeah:

That's at least three of us here with Ice Fluo MTs

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

I went and did a thing.

Congrats on the new bike, but I think it's the least flattering picture you could have possibly taken.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Nice!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That color scheme is :kiss:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I miss my MT-10. Rip that cat, put in a mid-pipe, send your ECU to Nels at 2wheelDynoWorks and enjoy that motor erryday

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Bikes already put out more NO and other pollutants per pound than cars. Why you gotta gut the cat, man? Get an aftermarket pipe with a cat. Unless you're Rossi you aren't going to notice a difference in power if you're getting the ECU remapped anyway

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Bikes already put out more NO and other pollutants per pound than cars. Why you gotta gut the cat, man? Get an aftermarket pipe with a cat. Unless you're Rossi you aren't going to notice a difference in power if you're getting the ECU remapped anyway

no emissions in my state, rather have a cooler (temp) exhaust, sounds better

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Most NA riders put very few miles on their bikes since they're mostly toys. The extra bit of ozone killers (per pound of bike) doesn't mean much on the small amount of mileage most bikes ever hit :shrug:

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Heres a much better shot since it was about 20f when I got back last night.

Took it up to the mountains today but it was chilly and windy as hell :arrgh: so I couldn't get too much more riding in but man this thing loving SLAPS. I came from an Africa Twin which wasnt the most performance of motorcycles but I am in love with the cornering, maneuverability, and just general performace. I actually really enjoy the stock sound so I am probably going to leave it as it came other than adding some heated grips, windscreen, maybe luggage? The comfort seat is actually quite enjoyable, just need to get my partner on the back to test the pillion comfort part.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jazzzzz posted:

Ya but motorcycles kill their riders within a few thousand miles and crossplanes sound dope so who gives a poo poo

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
there's infinitely less bikers than cars anyway, may as well have something that sounds cool

in ga motorcyclists are like 5% of total traffic

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My wife just did a cat delete

(some tweaker chopped it out from under her Tucson)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Phy posted:

My wife just did a cat delete

(some tweaker chopped it out from under her Tucson)

Wait, what? For like, the handful of grams of precious metal there's people hacksawing cats out?

edited for cultural relativism

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 21, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Meth ain’t free buddy

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Alright I totally get the love for quickshifters now, I was kinda skeptical at first since its the easiest thing in the world to shift but I dont think I can ever go back to shifting up using a clutch now. I just need to figure out how to get a good reliable auto-blipper for quick downshifting.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Alright I totally get the love for quickshifters now, I was kinda skeptical at first since its the easiest thing in the world to shift but I dont think I can ever go back to shifting up using a clutch now. I just need to figure out how to get a good reliable auto-blipper for quick downshifting.

You don't need a quick shifter to change gear without the clutch btw

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Quickshifters/auto-blippers do seem kind of weird to me on bikes. Like I might as well just drive my automatic car at that point.

Maybe I just need to ride a bike with one to understand it :thunk:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

You still get the satisfaction of a shift so it's not quite like an auto and you don't *have* to use it.

If it's a good sounding bike and you are ripping around a quick shifter and blipper really add to the experience. When I'm putting around I don't usually bother.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Yeah you are still using your foot to shift, just without having to engage then clutch. A+ experience.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Slavvy posted:

You don't need a quick shifter to change gear without the clutch btw

I’ve been playing with this for like 6 months now, it’s fun and makes me feel cool.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
When i rode one of thems fancy Ducatis, i think it were a supersport, it had it a quickshifter with auto-blip downshift.

It was SUPER fun. Braking into a corner and shifting down with your foot alone, and hearing the engine go MEER MEER it was pretty great. The smell of your inner thighs roasting...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Wait, what? For like, the handful of grams of precious metal there's people hacksawing cats out?

edited for cultural relativism

Yup

Except I think they generally use battery-powered angle grinders so they're not stuck under your car for minutes at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Phy posted:

Yup

Except I think they generally use battery-powered angle grinders so they're not stuck under your car for minutes at a time

Are they not just selling the cats whole to unscrupulous spare parts dealers, I wonder?