Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

I don't know who that is, but it's me

truly it is all of us, my friend...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
http://champion.gg/champion/Bard

Bard buffs when?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Bard fills the vital niche of being an easy but funny joke for youtubers

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

i just noticed that hashinshin and montecristo look and act pretty similar and are probably long lost twin brothers

I don't know what Hashinshin looks like but ever since I watched Marcella on Netflix I can't help but think that Montecristo looks like a nerdier version of Harry Lloyd (most famous for being Viserys in Game of Thrones). The resemblance is pretty loving real.

I've prepared three comparative exhibits for my argument.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm on a silver surf if you wanna ranked. Add me at F1u

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Unlikely to see buffs as he still sees a lot of play in solo queue and competitive and the latter will only increase with standard lane meta coming back

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i'm a bard bitch

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Me playing against an immobile botlane with lots of lane pressure, constantly pushed up with no wards and summoners down.

Jungle goes and loses a 2v1 against darius.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

DolphinCop posted:

i'm a bard bitch

i love bard bitches that's my fuckin problem

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i had an S+ bard game the other day

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I hosed up a bard ult and lost my team the game the other day.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, that's why bard's winrate is low, because it's easy to lose the game for your team. If bard's winrate were an even 50%, it would probably indicate him being overpowered in the right hands.

Hell, it probably took me 35 bard games just to learn how not to do that.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

GreyPowerVan posted:

>:)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

GreyPowerVan posted:

If you're still on in like 8 hours I haven't played in like 2 months and would love to vaynespot it up

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I implore someone to try my Sona build. I swear to god it's extra fun.

Coin->Tear->Iceborn

If you're ahead, build Morello's and sell Coin, if you're behind Spirit Visage and combine coin into Eye.

Finish Tear into Staff

Get Boots of Swiftness somewhere in there.

Last item can be whatever, Deathcap isn't bad if the game hasn't ended because you've made your team unstoppable and you have infinite mana. Also, you can regularly duel anyone 1v1 because you are literally impossible to kill as long as you counter their burst with your staff shield.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
No thanks

Fqc lich bane dcap

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

CubeTheory posted:

I implore someone to try my Sona build. I swear to god it's extra fun.

Coin->Tear->Iceborn

If you're ahead, build Morello's and sell Coin, if you're behind Spirit Visage and combine coin into Eye.

Finish Tear into Staff

Get Boots of Swiftness somewhere in there.

Last item can be whatever, Deathcap isn't bad if the game hasn't ended because you've made your team unstoppable and you have infinite mana. Also, you can regularly duel anyone 1v1 because you are literally impossible to kill as long as you counter their burst with your staff shield.

Did you just like lay a craps table down and put item icons on top of it and shoot dice until you came up with this build?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Libertine posted:

Did you just like lay a craps table down and put item icons on top of it and shoot dice until you came up with this build?

That has a higher chance of producing a viable build than what got posted, I M H O.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

look im fully in support of dumb support builds but if you're going moron damage sona why would you get iceborn and not lich bane

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
this way riven only overkills you by 420% instead of 500%

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Mmmmm, I don't know how to explain myself very well. I understand how poo poo the build looks on paper, but I've had good success with it. I always tweak it to itemize better against them, and end up building out Talisman pretty often. The Iceborn Gauntlet synergizes well with the passive on Seraph's Embrace, and the slow adds even more speed control to the kit. It's not really a damage build. The tear lets you spam poo poo like crazy in lane, and let's your ADC sustain super easy, making for an easy lane, and then you become crazy tanky in the late game and give a ton of value with your shield and speed spam. The AP from the Seraph's Embrace really adds value to your shields and speeds, the mana from Iceborn feeds into that and keeps you undiveable between the Staff shield, your own shields and heals, and the tankiness from Talisman/Iceborn/Sightstone HP/Spirit Visage. Morello's is only if you somehow snowball super hard in lane and pick up a bunch of kills or something. Mostly you just become unkillable and keep your team moving super fast and help create picks since your speed/ult/slows create opportunity. You can also move closer to the frontline to ult since it's so much harder to dive you, and once you're full build it's really really hard for anyone to 1v1 you. At the very least you always get away, and this lets you push harder into your opponent's jungle and keep up aggressive vision.

The truth is I'm not good enough to explain why it works, but it has worked super well for me, and I've been having a ton of fun playing it. Sona is easily my most played champion, and I've done all the normal, traditional support builds for a long time, and this is just way more fun.+

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 16, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hes probably the brain behind the time cube

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

iceborn gives you exactly 50 hp more of a shield from the seraph's. i guess the armor helps a little too but sona still dies to everything, since that build barely has any other defense.

i really hope you mean the shield, and not the mana -> ap passive, because 3% of 250 is a whopping 7 AP

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Endorph posted:

iceborn gives you exactly 50 hp more of a shield from the seraph's. i guess the armor helps a little too but sona still dies to everything, since that build barely has any other defense.

i really hope you mean the shield, and not the mana -> ap passive, because 3% of 250 is a whopping 7 AP

Well, first of all, Iceborn Gauntlet has 500 mana, not 250. Second, you're wrong. She doesn't die to everything. I'm not a good enough player to explain it, and I'm not going to continue arguing, but she can spam her W so much and so often that she gets super tanky. I know because I've done it a bunch of times. Talisman has a bunch of armor on it, visage has mr and hp, sightstone has more hp, seraphs has a shield. Most of the build has some sort of defensive stats on it, and this is generally enough to keep you alive while you W every couple of seconds and shield and heal.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

Well, first of all, Iceborn Gauntlet has 500 mana, not 250. Second, you're wrong. She doesn't die to everything. I'm not a good enough player to explain it, and I'm not going to continue arguing, but she can spam her W so much and so often that she gets super tanky. I know because I've done it a bunch of times. Talisman has a bunch of armor on it, visage has mr and hp, sightstone has more hp, seraphs has a shield. Most of the build has some sort of defensive stats on it, and this is generally enough to keep you alive while you W every couple of seconds and shield and heal.

you're not good enough to play against people who can punish your lovely builds. go hog wild if you want to do a little damage and heal yourself a lot to the detriment of your carries! if you ever get tired of it just go with something like what these guys are building

http://probuilds.net/champions/details/Sona

stump collector fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 16, 2016

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

exethan posted:

you're not good enough to play against people who can punish your lovely builds

You're probably right, but it's still fun. And that's what I said it was, fun, not super OP on meta carry Sona.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

Well, first of all, Iceborn Gauntlet has 500 mana, not 250.
lich bane has 250 mana on its own, so i am talking about the difference between the two

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i had an S+ bard game the other day

grats on your positive kdr :v:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

You're probably right, but it's still fun. And that's what I said it was, fun, not super OP on meta carry Sona.

my favorite "fun build" champions right now are kogmaw and teemo, you just build whatever you want and a couple attack speed items and you're all good

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

exethan posted:

my favorite "fun build" champions right now are kogmaw and teemo, you just build whatever you want and a couple attack speed items and you're all good

Same but also Jax and Shaco

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
i think i figured out the secret to janna. you can shield yourself and level 1 and walk up and auto them. tia for the showering of compliments

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
here's what happens when you buy a tear on sona

'i have so much mana :)'

'/all please report my adcarry, he just called me a friend of the family for having 2000 gold in items and no sightstone or health or resists'

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hmm

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
tear sounds like it'd be a really good item on sona if it built into a single support item

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

*my support does something stupid and i die for it*

"you should position better"

*my support engages when we can't take a fight*

"this garbage ADC"

*my support has zero wards on the map and dies shoving out a lane*

"Guess I have to carry this game 1v9"

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

rabidsquid posted:

*my support does something stupid and i die for it*

"you should position better"

*my support engages when we can't take a fight*

"this garbage ADC"

*my support has zero wards on the map and dies shoving out a lane*

"Guess I have to carry this game 1v9"

good thing they got that frozen fist

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

as revenge today i nearly forgot to buy a sightstone on support sion. also support sion is incredibly busted

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

as revenge today i nearly forgot to buy a sightstone on support sion. also support sion is incredibly busted

good

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Isn't Sion's base HP and growth pretty garbage, meaning he has to farm to keep up? How does he work as a support on such low econ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

harass with E, clobber some fuckin idiot with a Q when you get the chance, "roam" by ulting down a lane and poo poo housing the idiot top laner

• Locked thread