Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
To be fair it's not like we don't know that Lauren Cohan ain't a pretty good actress.

Can she really be worse than Jared Leto?

e: Wait, I might be mixing up double negatives here. I'm trying to say "she's good" but I dunno if that's how to say it

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

A costume would be nice. There's also the possibility that she'll appear in Infinity War in some capacity as they've been playing coy about that.

I thought she was already confirmed in the press pieces that had been releases.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

BrianWilly posted:

To be fair it's not like we don't know that Lauren Cohan ain't a pretty good actress.

Jared Leto is the lowest possible bar for anything, given he's a sex offender.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/JDMorgan/status/888884390909968384

:getin:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Man, that's totally what I want to see in our first Flash solo outing.

Batman characters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

I'm not even talking about her as an actress, she's perfectly fine. Good even. I'm saying just because she can smile doesn't mean we need to stuff Joker Mom into Flashpoint. Why do we need that in a movie? In a comic it's a side story you can devote a little time to doing. In a two and a half hour film what purpose does Joker Mom serve to the narrative of Flashpoint? You're supposed to streamline these things for films and get rid of the stuff you don't need.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I have to think there will be an Infinity War teaser, just probably shorter than the D23 one

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have to think there will be an Infinity War teaser, just probably shorter than the D23 one

Probably not for us. They may show the people there something. I'll be pleasantly surprised if so. I think we definitely get a Thor trailer and an outside shot at some Black Panther stuff. I have zero expectation for any publicly released Infinity War footage though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

X-O posted:

I'm not even talking about her as an actress, she's perfectly fine. Good even. I'm saying just because she can smile doesn't mean we need to stuff Joker Mom into Flashpoint. Why do we need that in a movie? In a comic it's a side story you can devote a little time to doing. In a two and a half hour film what purpose does Joker Mom serve to the narrative of Flashpoint? You're supposed to streamline these things for films and get rid of the stuff you don't need.

It serves to put Batman stuff in another DC movie.

Don't you love Batman?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

X-O posted:

Flashpoint doesn't even have a director right now, let alone a script haha. Like I said, I'm pretty sure A LOT of creative liberties are going to be taken in adapting Flashpoint. Batdad and Jokermom could very well just be glorified cameos in the final product, in there merely as fan service and a cool nod to a previous film in the franchise. Maybe Cyborg (as mentioned) does end up taking up the role of Thomas Wayne in the film, with him helping Barry out throughout the story instead.

teagone fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 23, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Way more than Flash.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't imagine them wanting to take any hype away from Black Panther, I'd be surprised to get any Infinity War footage this early

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
OK I'm looking up Flashpoint on Wikipedia now and :stare:

DC/WB certainly is ambitious, I'll give them that.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Retro Futurist posted:

I can't imagine them wanting to take any hype away from Black Panther, I'd be surprised to get any Infinity War footage this early

I completely forgot about Black Panther :blush:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
The Marvel panel just started and they've announced that Michelle Pfieffer is gonna be Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp, so we're already off to a running start...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GLOSS posted:

The Marvel panel just started and they've announced that Michelle Pfieffer is gonna be Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp, so we're already off to a running start...

Amazing news.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

GLOSS posted:

Haha, this is awesome casting.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

GLOSS posted:

is there a link to anyone cover the panel?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
There's a Thor trailer I think is new. They're taking down English but this Russian(?) one is still up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLV3WWF_sig

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

TFRazorsaw posted:

is there a link to anyone cover the panel?

I just have AgentM's Twitter open and it's forcefeeding news at the moment, like how Captain Marvel's gonna be set in the 90's and involve the Skrulls...

https://twitter.com/AgentM

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

GLOSS posted:

I just have AgentM's Twitter open and it's forcefeeding news at the moment, like how Captain Marvel's gonna be set in the 90's and involve the Skrulls...

Nnnnnnngh.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost, Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch, Randall Park as Jimmy Woo and Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster.

Moving to Captain Marvel, Feige showed off the character design of Brie Larson in costume — which looks very similar to the Jamie McKelvie design — and revealed that in the movie, Nick Fury will indeed appear, but he’ll have two eyes, as its set in early 1990s. Also, the villains of the film will be the Skrulls, in their first Marvel Cinematic Universe appearance.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 23, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Perry Normal posted:

There's a Thor trailer I think is new. They're taking down English but this Russian(?) one is still up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLV3WWF_sig

Holy poo poo....

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/888927205144883200

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Captain Marvel concept art

https://twitter.com/cizgikafe/status/888927762446262272

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thor trailer is even more metal in Russian.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carol's going to look great for a 45 year old when she shows up in Infinity War.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Captain Marvel concept looks rad.

And I bet we're going to get a Secret Invasion-type plot sometime down the line.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Perry Normal posted:

Oh baby

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hulk speaking Russian is loving hilarious, I can't stop laughing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Aphrodite posted:

Carol's going to look great for a 45 year old when she shows up in Infinity War.

She's also gonna get frozen at the end of the movie

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

GLOSS posted:

I... what?

Yessss that costume is flawless.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So I'm guessing Captain Marvel is probably going to be a lose adaptation of the Kree-Skrull war.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can't believe Every Single Stan Lee Cameo was a Skrull and also half of the Avengers

also the concept art looks amazing

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hulk vs. Fenrir?

Hulk vs. SURTUR? Holy poo poo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:perfect:

Wish they had an actual photo still reveal though, like what they did for Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman in BvS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unbelievable. Can't wait to see the suit on Larsen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lawrence Fishburne is playing Bill Foster in Ant-Man and Wasp. Hannah John-Kamen is The Ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Costume looks to be a similar design as Cap's.

I wonder if that's going to be intentional.

• Locked thread