Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why no plant tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

killmeimmafailure posted:

Why red wavelengths in the form of thermic energy stay in warm blanket of earth air

I didn't learn that one in tech school.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I didn't learn that one in tech school.

Why no magic school bus? No hot head red head where you live?

Why no pbs? Why no npr? Why no journalism who went to think smart school

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

jesus christ stop posting already

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Chapo Newsletter posted:

Cushbomb's Top Ten Hip Hop Tunes!
Matt Christman

1. Addams Family Whoomp -- Tag Team. Addams Family Values Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

2. Monster Squad Rap -- The Monster Squad ft. Brian Sembello. Monster Squad Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

3. Just Say No -- Young MC. Stone Cold Rhymin'

4. Addams Family Groove -- Hammer. Addams Family Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

5. The Super Bowl Shuffle -- Chicago Bears Shufflin' Crew. The Super Bowl Shuffle

6. We're the Jetsons (Jetson's Rap) -- XXL. The Jetsons Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

7. Informer -- Snow. 12 Inches of Snow

8. My Name's Mike Schmidt and I'm Here to Say -- Mike Schmidt. Mike Schmidt Toyota Commercial (1990)

9. Shake It Off (Sick Beat Breakdown) -- Taylor Swift. 1989.

10. Rappin' Rodney -- Rodney Dangerfield. Rappin' Rodney

Checks out.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

TetsuoTW posted:

jesus christ stop posting already

Okay.

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Nov 28, 2017

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

No Do the Bartman? This is bullshit.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The omission of the Fat Boys ft. Freddy Krueger is a travesty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDUl5Ke5jbM

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

killmeimmafailure posted:

Great. So amber can be my boss? A person who can’t clean up after their own cat?

A person who exploited the labor of her educators to fund a degree that has little to no benefit to society other than promoting a lifestyle of perpetual adolescents?

The second half of this post is beautiful.and stupid

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Crane Fist posted:

It's like pointing out the sky is blue, it's true but after a while it's like okay yeah but what else you got

Gamer spotted

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Crane Fist posted:

Oh hey cool video game chat, did anyone post "well it sure is bad to define your identity by the media or products you consume!!!" for the ten millionth time as though they're doing us a favour by sharing this Very Original Thought

I did, cause it’s true.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Hail and well met gamer.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you're online enough to have an SA account and listen to this show but don't know why people hate gamers then you lead a strange life

I'm asking whats the point in broadcasting it? People with gamergate ptsd seem to just make the left look like a bunch of salty dudes.

If you want to push impressionables to the right, keep doing that.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ah yes the classic, better not make fun of gamers in the Chapo thread or else I'm going to become a Nazi and blame you

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

Ah yes the classic, better not make fun of gamers in the Chapo thread or else I'm going to become a Nazi and blame you

^
Let me be mean to broad categories of people on a platform that all ages and demos access because im salty about having wasted 4 years of my life debating sexism in media with sociopaths.

Grammar-Bolshevik fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 28, 2017

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

If being roasted on the internet makes you a nazi you were always a nazi and a terrible person, hth

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
people are gonna arrive at their politics on their own terms . . . lots of us had a now-embarrassing libertarian or centrist phase years ago. Lots of people who are going hard reactionary because of video games are gonna snap out of it for one reason or another. I don't think "the left" needs to take responsibility for those people, especially over social media, nor is there a viable way of controlling whether some percentage of the left dunks on idiots

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT_QRKfv8H4

You kids need to put down that "wack" trash and listen to some real "gangsta" beats. Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd rapping about crimes. Plenty of cowbell. This, my friends, is real music.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I mean if you start by roasting gamers where does it end, who decides who gets roasted, it's a neverending spiral of political ridicule and it makes you jsut as bad as them when you think about it and furthermore

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Rhesus Pieces posted:

If being roasted on the internet makes you a nazi you were always a nazi and a terrible person, hth

I think the way youtube video recommendations go put people on trajectories. Given that youtube is essentially raising the bulk of America's children it's sort of relevant to imagine youth on the internet.

You can be on an h2h2 video an then watch a video of crazy woke people an you're next recommendation is going to slide you to farther an farther examples attached to the femisism bad tags.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TomViolence posted:

I mean if you start by roasting gamers where does it end, who decides who gets roasted, it's a neverending spiral of political ridicule and it makes you jsut as bad as them when you think about it and furthermore

Roast each according to their ability, from each according their need.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

emdash posted:

people are gonna arrive at their politics on their own terms . . . lots of us had a now-embarrassing libertarian or centrist phase years ago. Lots of people who are going hard reactionary because of video games are gonna snap out of it for one reason or another. I don't think "the left" needs to take responsibility for those people, especially over social media, nor is there a viable way of controlling whether some percentage of the left dunks on idiots

Thats a fair point. I just worry mean people are just using leftist politics to be mean to people. Not unique to leftism either, every political category has some share of toxic people, I just wish the left was operating through optimism over tribalism.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

MBS DemoniusX was certainly a highlight of the latest vid.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Just what is this “He was cool! He spent millions of dollars_______” format a reference to?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Just what is this “He was cool! He spent millions of dollars_______” format a reference to?

Eric Paddock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We-Jo9yqQkM

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Officially getting a gulag ticket for forgetting what How High is Felix
Sorry I don't make the rules

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Kunster posted:

MBS DemoniusX was certainly a highlight of the latest vid.

For me it was the idea for Rainbox Six where you play as the French soldiers during the siege of the Grand Mosque

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I laugh at Gorka, but he is living the dream I had at 16 of having a bunch of gadgets and weapons on me at all times. Literally wanted one of those gas guns they used to advertise in women's magazines.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Steven Seagal is what happens when you get to live the dream of being the action movie badass you wanted to be at 13, for the rest of your life. (Besides the part where he can't actually fight.)

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

Thats a fair point. I just worry mean people are just using leftist politics to be mean to people. Not unique to leftism either, every political category has some share of toxic people, I just wish the left was operating through optimism over tribalism.

If you are nice and empathetic and patient you are a bleeding heart pussy and people exhaust your emotional bandwidth

If you are strong willed and explicit then you are a brainwashed feminazi counter revolutionary cause-hurting monster

There’s no winning equation, say what you feel, have some laughs, don’t take yourself so seriously. Negging people who identify as gamers is probably the only thing that actually makes them evaluate their place in life because the only way to get those peoples attention in 2017 is shock value

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Being short with people who are fully blind to how stupid their identity tokenisms are is emotional survival these days, poo poo is exhausting

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If they are your friends you should make an effort but there's so much more value in engaging left leaning non-voters than saving boys from the webbed clutches of Pepe.

In conclusion, Waluigi is not Wario's brother.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Wario is ALGERIAN and Waluigi is an Italian of deep Moorish extraction who's a Pan-Africanist.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I don't think I've heard Virgil this cranked-up before. (He needs to clear his throat, though.)

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Virgil is just mad that he's gonna have to touch the poop.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Crotch posted:

Virgil is just mad that he's gonna have to touch the poop.

he's touching the poop

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I still believe that Matt will touch the poop.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
This tweet could only be made by a man who knows he’s going to have to touch a poop
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/935596796788858880

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Much like the 2016 election, people need to get it into their head that all republican voters are slime that will sign off anyone at the end of the day. They cannot be reached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That dumbass is running the Clinton "we're better than this" playbook to a T. Like gently caress we are. The state's largest newspapers ran a front-page editorial endorsing him on the basis that he'd probably vote like Joe Manchin. Virgil is touching some poop.