Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

The Golden Gael posted:

It's shipped now for me, but the Canada Post tracking number...is not in their tracking system.

On the east coast it usually takes until 4:30 for it to be tracked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013

checksin posted:

i'm going to play dungeons and dragons tonight and then go to the game store at midnight to buy it
lawyers, you can use this post in my future divorce proceedings

Lol my Gamestop told me "Nintendo isn't letting us do a midnight release." Why even lie about that? I really do hate Gamestop.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dehry posted:

Cartoon network was really getting restrictive on their format and restricted the introduction to 30 seconds. Hopefully we get something longer again.

I kinda doubt it, for Marvel and Star Wars stuff they only show a logo for five seconds with a half-jingle. Their in-house stuff gets it better, but nothing really gets to one minute it seems.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Nemo07 posted:

Lol my Gamestop told me "Nintendo isn't letting us do a midnight release." Why even lie about that? I really do hate Gamestop.

Nintendo is my boss. His mom named him Nintendo. I know.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
HOYL poo poo YALL AMAZON DONE JUST DROPPED ME OFF MY POKEMON MOON HOLY poo poo

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Crumbletron posted:

On the east coast it usually takes until 4:30 for it to be tracked

Didn't know that - thanks! It's coming from Mississauga, which is like two or three hours from me. Hopefully it'll come to my door by like 12.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Khanstant posted:

Your Banned.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nemo07 posted:

Mine is doing it, and the employees are all cool. Just have to wait a half hour after I get out of work, and life will be good.

I haven't been this excited about Pokémon since Red and Blue.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Preordered from Amazon on Monday, contacted customer service today after realizing it didn't give me a shipping date, they said they bumped it up a shipping tier and will get here tomorrow. :slick:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Why does anybody buy physical copies in 2016

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

The Golden Gael posted:

Didn't know that - thanks! It's coming from Mississauga, which is like two or three hours from me. Hopefully it'll come to my door by like 12.

Yeah, same warehouse as mine! I'm near Ottawa and usually they get stuff here overnight so I'm not mega-worried. It's more of a principle thing re: paying for Prime

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Khanstant posted:

I talked to one of their customer service dudes asking "is it going to be here on release day or not?" and he said it wouldn't even ship until tomorrow. :rip:

Stan Taylor posted:

Preordered from Amazon on Monday, contacted customer service today after realizing it didn't give me a shipping date, they said they bumped it up a shipping tier and will get here tomorrow. :slick:
Wait, what the gently caress? I pre-ordered it on Sunday, and I didn't get offered that. This is bullshit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

seriously what's it like in the year 2000? Quick someone warn the president there's some poo poo coming down the pipe September next year!

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Nintendos infrastructure for handling digital products is not in 2016.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

there's a lot bigger arguments for having physical copies of nintendo games

which is why you don't buy nintendo games :ssh:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

cheetah7071 posted:

Until they let me carry over digital purchase licenses across console generations that poo poo's for suckers. I'll buy the occasional virtual console game or digital only game but Nintendo games hold resell value really well and make me feel nostalgic seeing a stack of them on my shelf.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

I've had to gently caress around with my 3DS to fix the wifi card every few months since before ORAS came out. I'm too cheap to buy a new one, but I'm not risking losing all my games because of that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

For Pokémon specifically, I was locked out of my main Y save because I decided to make a new save on a different SD card for a nuzlocke. Couldn't even open the save in Pokémon Bank.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Blaziken386 posted:

I talked to one of their customer service dudes asking "is it going to be here on release day or not?" and he said it wouldn't even ship until tomorrow. :rip:

Wait, what the gently caress? I pre-ordered it on Sunday, and I didn't get offered that. This is bullshit.

That sucks dude. I usually have a great experience with Amazon shipping but I chalk that up to the fact that I live near a huge UPS hub.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw

Arcland posted:

Nintendos infrastructure for handling digital products is not in 2016.
also this - I didn't know the game would pre-load, so I figured it would try to download the entire game from the e-shop on release day.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How do I contact customer service? I thought I remembered a contact seller link on the product page but I can't seem to find it

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Calaveron posted:

How do I contact customer service? I thought I remembered a contact seller link on the product page but I can't seem to find it
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Well, I lost hundreds of my pokemon spanning back to GBA days because of digital pokemon bank storage. Also, Nintendo is terrible about digital purchases. Buying it ties it to a device for gently caress's sake. It's not like I can buy a license from them for the game wherever forever.

edit: Also, why has no one who played the leaksed version mentioned that the game starts off with music from Survivor?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I need some basic questions answered because I've been avoiding this thread since the dex leak but I still want to plan my team out ahead of time. Are spoilers the norm? Anyway:

Which abilities do the following Pokemon have:

Ship Anchor
Purple Thorny Muppet Thing
Ice Virus Spider

or whichever ability you think I should look for.

Also I think I accidentally stumbled upon a screenshot from the game (but it might be from X and Y cause I forget those) but are Calem/Serena and Lysandre in this game? Simple yes or no with no spoilers.

Thanks. See y'all around.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I buy digital because I'm lazy, have nowhere to store physical games, and I assume that if I ever want to play an old game it'll be far enough down the road where someone will have made proper emulation for it anyway

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Shneak posted:

I need some basic questions answered because I've been avoiding this thread since the dex leak but I still want to plan my team out ahead of time. Are spoilers the norm? Anyway:

Which abilities do the following Pokemon have:

Ship Anchor
Purple Thorny Muppet Thing
Ice Virus Spider

or whichever ability you think I should look for.

Also I think I accidentally stumbled upon a screenshot from the game (but it might be from X and Y cause I forget those) but are Calem/Serena and Lysandre in this game? Simple yes or no with no spoilers.

Thanks. See y'all around.

In spoilers?

Ship Anchor- Only one ability, give it STAB with Steel type moves. Its a Grass/ghost type :v:

Purple Thorny Muppet Thing- Has Regenerator and an ability that makes it always crit if the opponent is poisoned

Ice Virus Spider- Has bubble armor which lowers fire damage and prevents burn. Also Doubles the power of water moves which isn't mentioned and makes it insanely good.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh man oh man my copy of Sun is out for delivery I wish I didn't have work until 5

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So for people who get it today via delivery if their copy shipped yesterday would you risk getting banned if you went online today as opposed to tomorrow when it "officially" releases? Thinking about just turning off the WiFi and playing it offline until tomorrow if my copy does happen to come today.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So for people who get it today via delivery if their copy shipped yesterday would you risk getting banned if you went online today as opposed to tomorrow when it "officially" releases? Thinking about just turning off the WiFi and playing it offline until tomorrow if my copy does happen to come today.
It's out in Australia and Japan, so ya should be good. But if you really wanna be safe about it? :shrug:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Yeah I just turned my pokemon in to get healed at the pokecenter and they took my owl and banned me!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Powersaves motherfucker!

Also pushing in cartridges is some good poo poo man.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Choice Banned

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hello,

We can confirm that we still expect to ship your order in time to be delivered to you by November 18, 2016.

We’ll send an e-mail when your order ships with tracking details.

Unless you are shipping it yesterday, I highly doubt it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
protip: name youself "a g-g-ghost!" so that everyone is constantly stammering in fear.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Ex-loving-cuse me?

THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I'm keeping the tradition of "butts, lol" as a name

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

Ex-loving-cuse me?

THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo.

yeah someone i know changed their delivery info this monday and had to call them to make them send it asap... They eventually just bumped it up to be delivered tomorrow, and they got a $5 gift card

call some people

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Oh I hope it's EST. I don't want to wait for 3am for it to unlock if it's stupid PST.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh I hope it's EST. I don't want to wait for 3am for it to unlock if it's stupid PST.

It's always EST for midnight releases like this. Just eight and a half hours to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

jarbv posted:

yeah someone i know changed their delivery info this monday and had to call them to make them send it asap... They eventually just bumped it up to be delivered tomorrow, and they got a $5 gift card

call some people
Called them to bitch about it, they changed it to One-Day Shipping.
Which means it'll get here on monday, because for whatever loving reason, they decided to use a mail carrier that doesn't run on weekends.