Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Speaking of WW, so is the entire Greek pantheon part of DCU canon now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Why not, the entire Norse pantheon is part of Marvel's.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Marvel comics, at least,also have the Greek Gods..and Egyptian Gods, Inuit Gods, Sun Wukong,Baron Samedi,some Japanese God, some other random gods oh and the Indian Devas.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

DC has Greek, Judeo-Christian, and the New Gods.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Marvel has the Judeo-Christian god but he committed suicide. Now he's some gems.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Pre Rec is broadcasting right now, but they set the chat to subscribers only or something. I learned this by joining and immediately typing "Is tonight a tums festival Rich?" like a million others no doubt.

The mods knew it was coming, no doubt.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

That poo poo is all public domain, they can have Sherlock Holmes if they wanted.

A good director would put all famous, out of copyright, fictional characters in the next Avengers movie

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
hrmm yes comic book movies super heroes wooo

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That poo poo is all public domain, they can have Sherlock Holmes if they wanted.

A good director would put all famous, out of copyright, fictional characters in the next Avengers movie

But wait, I thought TNG got in trouble for doing too much Sherlock Holmes poo poo in the late 80s?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I adore this headline, which translates to "Retarded robot nonsense".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

But wait, I thought TNG got in trouble for doing too much Sherlock Holmes poo poo in the late 80s?

ha no way, i never watched TNG when it was out

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

They paid for the copyright apparently, so they didn't get in any trouble.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5189514/the-truth-about-star-trek-and-sherlock-holmes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh! The recommendation of The Blackcoat's Daughter was on point. It was spooky.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I heard that the Han Solo directors were fired for not putting a puppy Chewbacker in the film. Disney went ahead and mass-produced like, a million Star Wars dog plushie dolls, but then found out he isn't in the film and that's what caused the butting of head that made them walk.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Drunken Baker posted:

I heard that the Han Solo directors were fired for not putting a puppy Chewbacker in the film. Disney went ahead and mass-produced like, a million Star Wars dog plushie dolls, but then found out he isn't in the film and that's what caused the butting of head that made them walk.

Where'd you hear that?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drunken Baker posted:

lmao

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Rich was right.

This is the show for poo - Reich Evans

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

This is the show for poo - Reich Evans

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

We Know Catheters posted:

The only threads I really look at in CineD are the greenlight and movie posters ones. And that's every once in awhile.

The horror thread's cool if you're a horror fan. Everybody is really chill and I don't think I've ever seen SMG in there for more than a single post.

SMG's posts make me want to throw a Tums festival.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Pre Rec is broadcasting right now, but they set the chat to subscribers only or something. I learned this by joining and immediately typing "Is tonight a tums festival Rich?" like a million others no doubt.

That was exactly why, it only took one jackass in the chat saying "Tums festival" and they locked it down.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Drunken Baker posted:

Please God be true.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dogs are now being stored in a warehouse and being studied by Top Men.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

THE BAR posted:

I adore this headline, which translates to "Retarded robot nonsense".

What country is this from?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

looks danish

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I thought of this thread during this part :allears:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FrigidGrotesqueHareKeyboardCat

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

A Handed Missus posted:

This is the thread for poo - Reich Evans

new thread title please

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ron Howard is now doing the Han Solo movie

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

King Vidiot posted:

That was exactly why, it only took one jackass in the chat saying "Tums festival" and they locked it down.
lmao

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Arcsquad12 posted:

The arrested development guy? Yikes they're really scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel over there

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Trunko posted:

The arrested development guy? Yikes they're really scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel over there

He directed Willow for Lucas.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So this will be the first star war directed by a Happy Days cast member?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Arcsquad12 posted:

Next time on Star Wars.

Han Solo has a bad feeling about this.

Han: So what about it? Think you can help me out?
*worm headed guy takes measurement for slave-girl uniform*
Salacious: WHOOHOHOHO!
Jabba: You get to keep the tips Solo!

And Darth starts to become suspicious of his sith master.

Vader: I'd give anything for some Pop Secret right now.
Emperor: Yes...it is unfortunate that there is no Pop secret whatsoever...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Han Solo will now be played by a digitally de-aged and de-uglied Clint Howard.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Fartbox posted:

looks danish

It is! As an aside, they also have a Danish newsletter page framed in their VHS room, something about beards? Can't look for a screenshot right now.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

vermin posted:

Next time on Star Wars.

Han Solo has a bad feeling about this.

Han: So what about it? Think you can help me out?
*worm headed guy takes measurement for slave-girl uniform*
Salacious: WHOOHOHOHO!
Jabba: You get to keep the tips Solo!

And Darth starts to become suspicious of his sith master.

Vader: I'd give anything for some Pop Secret right now.
Emperor: Yes...it is unfortunate that there is no Pop secret whatsoever...

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I think Ron Howard's actually a really good director but it'll probably result in an extremely jarring shift in tone nonetheless.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

its like he's reading my posts

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Wait Ron Howard was seriously tapped for Han Solo? That's not a joke?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How many packages of tums do you think RLM is going to be getting in the mail over the coming weeks?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

khwarezm posted:

I think Ron Howard's actually a really good director but it'll probably result in an extremely jarring shift in tone nonetheless.

He's a great director but he is in a completely different category than Miller and Lord. Unless they plan on reshooting the entire film, the tonal whiplash between M/L directed scenes and Howard directed scenes will snap your head off. I'm more interested in how fast this all happened. Kennedy probably had Howard lined up to replace Miller and Lord for a long time now. You don't just fire your two directors and then three days later suddenly come out and say "oh yeah we got ron howard."

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 22, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I was thinking that too. I guess they had just a couple more weeks of shooting so most of the principal photography is done. They almost have to do a ton of reshoots especially because what L&M had was apparently not at all what Lucasfilm wanted.

Edit: More importantly is this going to delay the new season of AD? I hope we get some good Star Wars jokes in there as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Miller and Lord get to join Bryan Fuller and Zach Snyder for directors no longer involved with their projects recently

• Locked thread