Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If Sonic racing transformed came out on Switch, I'd buy it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Yall better stop dissing my tetrimino waifus

Anyone else still call tetriminos "tetrads"? That's what they called them in Nintendo Power's Howard and Nester Tetris guide. It's less syllables and sounds better, dammit.

Edit: Next time you rewrite a post, delete the original. Durrr...

GI_Clutch fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 27, 2017

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Will I challenge you. 2580 is the code. LETS BATTLE!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

corporate memeing is bad

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
can Friendcode spreadsheet be in OP plz so i can add "friends" and not adversaries in my video games

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Sonic drift was a bad game

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

A lot of the wackier character designs got culled so instead of pink dolphin/fish with slippers you get Tetris dudes.

Onion Pixie, Hohow Bird, and Skeleton T will be missed.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Do you have to wait until business hours to send stuff in for Nintendo repair or is there a link to a written form I can write in the meantime?

Wanna send in joycons

From Canada

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

GI_Clutch posted:

I know tetrimino is the official term, but Howard and Nester's Adventure in Tetris World called them tetrads and I still do.

Anyone else still call tetriminos "tetrads"? That's what they called them in Nintendo Power's Howard and Nester Tetris guide. It's less syllables and sounds better, dammit.

Saaaame.

Also because it's what they were called in StarTropics.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'd like Diablo 3 on the switch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah, I liked it a lot more in some ways than Mario Kart and it sucks that Sumo Digital apparently fell into a black hole.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I liked it a lot more in some ways than Mario Kart and it sucks that Sumo Digital apparently fell into a black hole.

They just made Snake Pass.

Play Snake Pass.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Crafty posted:

Zelda is so GOOD
This can't be understated.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Spacebump posted:

Other sword games that would be cool to see on the Switch: Nidhogg, Samurai Shodown 2, a Soul Calibur collection or Soul Calibur 6, and Chivalry (or the deadliest Warrior expansion version)/Mirage: Arcane Warfare.

I'd kill for that Deadliest Warrior Bushido Bladelike game

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I wonder how long before people look back at botw as a no content rei camping pander fest.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Phantasium posted:

They just made Snake Pass.

Play Snake Pass.

That's what they're doing instead of more Sonic Transformed!? Well alright I guess.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

GI_Clutch posted:

I know tetrimino is the official term, but Howard and Nester's Adventure in Tetris World called them tetrads and I still do.

Until this game, I actually always thought it was "tetrominoes," like, rhymes with dominoes.

Also, I thought tetrad was the name of each individual block that makes one up. Like, "When you clear a line it makes all those tetrads disappear, but leaves the rest of the tetrimino."

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cardboard Box posted:

memeing is bad

Agree.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I want Witcher 3 on Switch, I don't even care if they have to downres it to poo poo and get rid of half the visual effects and ground clutter. I haven't gotten around to it yet and I'm a thousand times more likely to actually play it on a portable.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Tender Bender posted:

I want Witcher 3 on Switch, I don't even care if they have to downres it to poo poo and get rid of half the visual effects and ground clutter. I haven't gotten around to it yet and I'm a thousand times more likely to actually play it on a portable.

There's that app supposedly coming out for switch that streams games from the PC.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there another Neo Geo game coming out tomorrow/do they announce which one is coming before it gets put up? Really hoping Garou gets put up sooner than later.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cartoon Man posted:

Add a guest Nintendo character who would never appear in Mario Kart, like Samus or other long forgotten characters from dead Nintendo franchises

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm still upset that I gotta wait a month for D5

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

when is twinkle star sprites coming out?

(it's a 2 player vs shoot 'em up for neo geo, basically a perfect game for switch)

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
So I was at the mall today grabbing a cup of coffee when I decided to play a little game with myself.

You see, I very badly want a Nintendo Switch, but I really, really shouldn't be spending the money. I can, of course, afford to, but I'm trying to have this credit card paid in full before the interest kicks in in January. It wouldn't be an incredible burden, but it would uptick my monthly payments.

But, that being the case, I figured I'd make a declaration. It's 7 o'clock on a Wednesday. I have in no way planned this. Made no calls ahead. I'm going to walk into Gamestop and ask if they have any. If they say yes, I'll buy it. But there is simply no way they'll have one...

I have never before felt this bizarre mix of elation and annoyance.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Funkmaster General posted:

There's that app supposedly coming out for switch that streams games from the PC.

That doesn't help me on a plane buddy!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Add a guest Nintendo character who would never appear in Mario Kart, like Samus or other long forgotten characters from dead Nintendo franchises

Diddy Kong Racing DLC or bust

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Policenaut posted:

That's what they're doing instead of more Sonic Transformed!? Well alright I guess.

It's a cool game

Though yeah give us Switch Racing Transformed to make up for the weird 3ds port.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jarogue posted:

Diddy Kong Racing DLC or bust

would

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Do we know what weight class new racers are? Or will I be sticking with my boy Waluigi?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Is there another Neo Geo game coming out tomorrow/do they announce which one is coming before it gets put up? Really hoping Garou gets put up sooner than later.

Japan just got some isometric racing Neo Geo game called Overtop, so I assume that's the one we're getting.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Cardboard Box posted:

corporate memeing is bad

my body is reggie

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, if you want to save :10bux: on Mario Kart, Big W's gonna have it for $70AU.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Overtop drops in Europe tomorrow definitely so I'd be surprised if the US Switch doesn't get it too.

If you like those old school overhead racing games at all Overtop can be pretty addictive, but if not it might be a skip.

Something sad about Overtop is that the soundtrack is kind of lovely and also chintzy sounding for an ADK developed game. They didn't have their usual dream team of Yuka Watanabe/etc. on the music and it shows. :( It's not *BAD* but like if you played anything else by ADK ever it's like, what?

ADK did another similar racing game before Overtop called Thrash Rally/Riding Hero. I'm surprised they didn't put that up first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne-EJEDHF-E

Some might prefer its look to Overtop. 1996 was when a lot of folks working on the Neo Geo started to double down on the pre-rendered sprite, sometimes to great effecct, sometimes to hideous effect, but it's not a look everyone likes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fE_PMryMuM

Spacebump posted:

Other sword games that would be cool to see on the Switch: Nidhogg, Samurai Shodown 2, a Soul Calibur collection or Soul Calibur 6, and Chivalry (or the deadliest Warrior expansion version)/Mirage: Arcane Warfare.

Arcade Archives got Samurai Shodown 1 and the PS4 and Switch, and that's a great game, but I'm also hoping SS2 happens soon from them since they just recently completed getting all of SNK's first installments of their series out and just dropped Fatal Fury 2 last week.

So Samurai Shodown 2 seems inevitable in the next couple of months. I just hope they put it on PS4 AND Switch since there's sill a few games exclusive to each and everyone should get a chance to play Samurai Shodown 2 because it rules.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 27, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Do we know what weight class new racers are? Or will I be sticking with my boy Waluigi?

Everyone appears to be in the same class as in MK8.

Would someone mind PMing the spreadsheet link to the OP? I don't have the PMs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1viYzgn6OpKLjPAnOornQ9pHjaozpVudHU4lrzUiYgOk/edit?usp=sharing

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons, if you want to save :10bux: on Mario Kart, Big W's gonna have it for $70AU.

$62 at target

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Don't know if this was already mentioned, but if you are in the US and have Amazon Prime, you can pre-order Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Switch for only $47.99; you see the credit as you go to checkout, price will still be listed as $59.88 but a discount will be applied to the total.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I have been out-bargained! :argh:

Well I know where I'm getting my copy from tomorrow then.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Got some nfc215 tags on ebay. Now rocking 20 hearts wolf link by my side and some cool swanky new gear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

I looked this up just now and while I'm hopeful, it does look maybe a little dicey. The article I came across indicated the developer had not necessarily cleared the idea with Nintendo.

Ideally, I'd like to see Nintendo partner with Valve to offer a Steam streaming app. (Bonus points if the Virtual Console offerings get dumped to Steam in exchange for Valve handling online backend for Nintendo.)

Such a partnership would form a neat bridge between PC, console and handheld platforms and finally bring Nintendo to a market thats not tied to one of their systems. Frankly, it would be beneficial to Nintendo to not have to keep reinventing the wheel with their marketplaces.

Of course business being business, there is zero chance of that happening. When is Nintendo gonna detail the Virtual Console for Switch, anyway?

• Locked thread