Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Donovan Trip posted:

Can't wait for the fans who were still with this season finally realizing it's poo poo. They must now, right?

everyone on twitter is incredibly mad about it right now... mostly mad about Yass Kween eating dirt and Bran winning the Game of Thrones by doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
So is it Brienne's job to wash the kings rear end and change his clairvoyant diapers or whatever? This was a critical part of the lore that they glossed over.

Imagine being Brienne, earning all this respect against men your entire life, only to end up nursemaid to a crippled psychic that knows exactly when he's going to poo poo himself and does it anyway when he could just as easily tell you and avoid a mess.

Or maybe she makes Pod do it.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

brugroffil posted:

Every single aspect of that episode was bad

Acting
Writing
Plotting
Pacing
Lmao

I don't think its fair to blame the acting, if you get handed a sheet that says "pee pee la la la cocks and bad pussies pfblblblblbl (while hopping around on one foot)" you can only do so much.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

melted throne looked like the elephant foot in chernobyl

the crossover is real

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Literally nothing mattered in the end.

Expectations subverted bitch!!!

The dragon melting the throne and loving off looked cool but made no loving sense

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao the leak was right. anyways im glad davos lived he was cool

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
oh dear we've found the worst opinion

https://twitter.com/Sanesha17/status/1130301182470045696

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

etalian posted:

Chernobyl is pretty much flawless especially the sense of impending dread.

Imagine turning how lovely this GoT season was into raw energy. Now imagine releasing that energy into Soviet Ukraine, all at once.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
so what happened

I only watch this show through people's reaction posts and bad tweets, so I don't actually know who Bran is. he won?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
he's a crippled magic psychic that doesn't really do anything and then wins, yeah.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So, how bad was it? Doesn't air here for another hour.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Dany: Have you ever had to do that, kill someone you loved?
Jon, the guy who literally had to kill his last gf because of a war: Buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe you could've written something there, about that whole situation there.

e: right, he didn't kill her in the show because the showrunners production assistant walked in and told them it would be kill if someone else did.
e2: apparently I misremembered the books so he didn't kill her, but he was partly responsible, you get my point.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 20, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ya but why would the other house leaders agree to being ruled. If anything it should've fragmented instantly since Bran has no one backing him besides the north.

Especially Dorne and the Iron Islands. They should've peaced out so fast.

No thats the elector counts but for idiots thing. None of these families have anything to gain by kneeling to central authority, and there are no external threats to them whatsoever that puts pressure on them to do so. Elector counts was at least based out of the fact that in the HRE there were so dang many princes that yeah it made sense to collectively band together to avoid other princes conquering you and the defend agains the french.

Here in westeros, which is basically european Japan as far as social order goes, theres no reason all of these people wouldnt nope out immediately.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

George H.W. oval office posted:

Welp time to get excited for the next lovely series Westworld season 3!

I will see you there friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deSUQ7mZfWk

Barudak posted:

No thats the elector counts but for idiots thing.

ah my bad

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

bradzilla posted:

The dragon melting the throne and loving off looked cool but made no loving sense

this was the genius direction of d&d lol

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Pick posted:

so what happened

I only watch this show through people's reaction posts and bad tweets, so I don't actually know who Bran is. he won?

Cripple clairvoyant is king, king kills his queen (the deuteragonists), dumb sister becomes evil sister and gets to be queen of the north, other sister killstole the big bad evil ice zombie which killed ALL evil ice zombies, and thats about it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

so what happened

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

It'd be like if Tom Bombadil in LOTR got introduced per normal, sang a goofy song, and then showed up at the end at Mount Doom and snatched the ring with a clever hand trick that involved switching it to the other hand and everyone cheered, even Gollum. That's basically Bran except there are a few more cameos in his case.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

A Handed Missus posted:

did you notice the DEFINITELY NO THEMES HERE?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What the gently caress was the point of Arya's horse

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ya but why would the other house leaders agree to being ruled. If anything it should've fragmented instantly since Bran has no one backing him besides the north.

Especially Dorne and the Iron Islands. They should've peaced out so fast.

I mean they did peace out. After everyone has been devastated by like seven straight years of war up and down the country, why wouldn’t they just put a weakass dude in charge? What are they going to get by fighting more? Everyones forces are exhausted, all the original claimants to the throne are dead, all the second tier claimants are also dead, the throne itself is fuckin dead, the only other guys with any claims got out on the bus. the kingdom is already partitioned and is obviously set up to fragment further, Bran’s not having any kids and having the nobility choose his successor is just a kicking of the can that will give everyone time to rally for the next civil war.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Truly it was a Game of Throne...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am seriously wondering if that Confederacy bullshit will air. Who the gently caress greenlit that? And who wants to watch it other than neonazis?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

So, how bad was it? Doesn't air here for another hour.

It was fine, but the fallout is just going to be a mad race for internet edgecool points

Last two (three) seasons have had major issues and generally sucked but, that finale was pretty okay

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
That Chernobyl is a good show.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Ser Blutarsky spent the rest of his days as lord of Casterly Rock

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It wouldnt have been hard to move around the battle against the night king to this part if they wanted to keep status quo. Have the night king raiding poo poo in the background, the family leaders rushing here to demand cersei do something about all this poo poo, daeny nuke it because I will be queen alone gently caress your institutions which makes the people panicking about ice king merc her as well then in panic elect a new king to rule competently long enough to get them through war with the night king but lacking heirs.

Or do this, this really loving stupid thing

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

luigi_winning_mario_party_by_standing_still.gif except luigi is brann

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

bradzilla posted:

What the gently caress was the point of Arya's horse

trump

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

That Chernobyl is a good show.

i wonder how it ends

(no I am going to watch it probably starting tomorrow, a five parter I can handle)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am seriously wondering if that Confederacy bullshit will air. Who the gently caress greenlit that? And who wants to watch it other than neonazis?

Wine moms who are also cops

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Pick posted:

so what happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC0RN2641Sw

this dipshit won

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
so which would we rather have, season 2 of westworld where the time jumps and plot is unwatchably confusing because the screenwriters got owned by extremely reddit or this loving shitshow where they clearly just dgaf

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Also fuckin lol that they made a big point of hammering that white horse poo poo with Arya last episode and did nothing with it.

here goes Arya, trained killer, personification of death and servant of the Many Faced God of Death, riding away on a white horse (like the one Death rode upon in the Bible, get it?), I bet she's about to go take care of Danny herself

But nope, just needed a ride to this week's episode.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

A Handed Missus posted:

sort of like when they had the Dothraki do a frontal charge into a pitch black battlefield so they could have the cool visual of all the flames going out.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

this episode was exactly as bad as it was supposed to be

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

uber_stoat posted:

everyone on twitter is incredibly mad about it right now... mostly mad about Yass Kween eating dirt and Bran winning the Game of Thrones by doing nothing.

Also about Brienne being reduced to Jaime's biographer.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

YaketySass posted:

Also about Brienne being reduced to Jaime's biographer.

She's also the Kingsguard so that's good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

To answe both questions; cruel and stupid people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

I'm glad I never wasted time on this show and I can absorb the second-hand misery from everyone. The wife seemed to like it, though.