Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I said the same, would have had the right two with more time to think but that’s not the game!

I top4’d mtg states AND a magic online ptq once, think they’ll let me back on the show if I tell them that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Still better than all the people whose stories are “I used to watch Jeopardy on TV with my grandma”

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

feetnotes posted:

Still better than all the people whose stories are “I used to watch Jeopardy on TV with my grandma”

Yeah, this reads as nerds trying to dunk on nerds. Its far from the most boring story we've gotten.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
We didn't get to see Final :argh:

For some weird loving reason Hulu's cloud DVR recorded just fine but after announcing the category it just went right to Wheel after commercials.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We didn't get to see Final :argh:

For some weird loving reason Hulu's cloud DVR recorded just fine but after announcing the category it just went right to Wheel after commercials.

WFTV? They screwed up last, never aired Final and started Wheel before 7:30.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Huh. I thought I had just missed it because I was on my phone.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I definitely thought it was Hulu, their platform is so beyond buggy and they seem to give zero fucks.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

banned from Starbucks posted:

I gotta say "I played magic on a stream once" is some real weak rear end poo poo for a story.

idk it seems generally on topic wrt nerdy competition things and he landed the line at the end that he was doing better in his analogous competition.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well, us Winnipeggers have a new hero. :lol:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Might just be me being an idiot, but tonight's Final Jeopardy felt really obscure.

I thought I was doing well just knowing The Jazz Singer starred Al Jolson and was the first big name talkie.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I knew it immediately but it's because I was just reading news about the Warner Brothers on the occasion of their 100th anniversary.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Just a reminder that today and tomorrow are our last two episodes with Ken. Mayim returns to hosting on May 1 and she's finishing out the remainder of the season.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Timby posted:

Just a reminder that today and tomorrow are our last two episodes with Ken. Mayim returns to hosting on May 1 and she's finishing out the remainder of the season.

:thanks:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Timby posted:

Aw heck yeahh best host ever

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Eric's sweater makes it look like his arms are constantly folded :colbert:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cyril Sneer posted:

Eric's sweater makes it look like his arms are constantly folded :colbert:

I thought the exact same thing.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

They weren't?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Timby posted:

He at least hosts Jeopardy Masters started the 8th so we aren't completely through with him yet.

Call Me Kat ends its season Thursday and TVLine thinks it'll be renewed. Currently draws 2.3 million viewers

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Yesterday's game was a weird triple stumper.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, wouldn't have though "US Landmark that has the 2 lanterns" would be a stumper, but I guess if they didn't have to learn the poem in school it wouldn't be burned in their brains. Still a little weird that they weren't even close though.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

We correctly surmised that it was the place Paul Revere hung the lanterns but we had no idea what it was called.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I have absolutely no idea why they made us memorize the first two stanzas in fifth grade, but they sure did. Had to mentally recite them to get there

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

We correctly surmised that it was the place Paul Revere hung the lanterns but we had no idea what it was called.

Having played so much Fallout 4, I should've known it but nope.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I knew it

because of the movie National Treasure

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm looking forward to seeing if Kevin is still the champ when the new season starts :)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Poque posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[Mayim voice] That's correct.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

I'm just not going to watch unless/until Ken returns.

e: Yeah, Timby did warn us. I had forgotten until they mentioned it a few days ago.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 2, 2023

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Lots of very awkward pauses today, she's back in mid season form already

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

[Mayim voice] (long pause) That's correct, "No"!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Poque posted:

I told you all that she was coming back. I've been saying it for like two and a half months.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm so far behind with my DVR that I should have enough ken episodes plus the ABC tourney to last me through mayim and the off-season.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

wa27 posted:

I'm so far behind with my DVR that I should have enough ken episodes plus the ABC tourney to last me through mayim and the off-season.

Same, I’m still on the tournament of champs, suck it people without six months worth of backups to watch.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Can’t wait for masters to start, even if I’m pretty sure half the games are going to be uninteresting routs

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
WGA is on strike now so maybe we won't be subject to her pauses as much unless they run non stop potpourri clues for the last few weeks of taping.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Island Nation posted:

WGA is on strike now so maybe we won't be subject to her pauses as much unless they run non stop potpourri clues for the last few weeks of taping.
A reddit user reports that Ken said they're good on clues (presumably for the season) because they've banked enough ahead of time.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Jeopardy/comments/12pwr63/will_jeopardy_be_affected_by_the_wga_strike/jgoi9us/

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Ringer interviewed Barbara Lowe. I hadn't realized her episodes had been found and are now logged to J Archive. A ton of episodes were found along with it.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 2, 2023

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The Ringer interviewed Barbara Lowe. I hadn't realized her episodes had been found and are now logged to J Archive. A ton of episodes were found along with it.

Interesting to hear her side. It certainly seems like the stuff about her using a fake SSN and appearing on too many gameshows is bullshit, and the producers/Alex just hated her for being disruptive. Denying someone half their winnings because she had to stop the taping to use the bathroom isn't a great look.

I wish someone would make the episodes public, but reading j-archive's notes she doesn't seem terrible. Protesting during a question was definitely bad form.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Hmm. Interesting stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
A koala.