Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Oh man that animation is great. Love the way the character leans into the strikes like that. That'll definitely be going on an edit or two of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Nice to have things that set up easy back grapples like that, now I'll have something besides the Tanahashi slap for it.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling Presents Let's Knife!
All the titles are on the line and then some! Koji Kojinaka defends the World Ultraweight Championship against Sherman Cooper. Sherman's looking at this match as his last chance to achieve greatness and he's been training hard to prepare, but will it be enough? Dracula and Busho Zetsumyona collide in what may seem like a grievance over a muddy rug but, if you ask Dracula, is about disrespecting a man in his own home! Tamika Johnson puts the Trans-AM title on the line in an open challenge! KyodAI defend the World Tag-Team Championships against the legends, the veterans, the social media sensations, The Old Stags! Otome Lin has reappeared and will defend the Open The Gate Championship against Slammin Jam, but is it Otome or something else? In trios action we'll see The Smoothe Bois & Edwin Encarnacion vs Gran Gallo & Pat & Oswald. The Smoothe Boise claim they've reached a new pinnacle of smootheness! Will it help them glide to victory?

All this and more... like 2 things more! Tonight at 8:00PM EST!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Finally got Fire Promoter, got all my guys set up in feds and stables so I could populate my universe, and then started my first show. I invited Rob Gronkowski to make an appearance for my first show to try to pry some eyes away from WWE and UFC and so forth, and he promptly took $7,000 from me and flaked.

THE INDY EXPERIENCE

E: Also, what does it mean when it says I have a singles tournament with another promotion? I got a notication for February that I had a singles tournament with NWA but I cannot seem to co-promote with them or book their guys

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 10, 2019

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
It's a weird translation, it means they're having a tournament so they're more likely to book your people as guests and there's the chance your people could win and potentially bring home some glory.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah if you’ve got an odd number and aren’t using someone loaning them out is a good opportunity to poach.

The rival promoter AI is not very smart.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I bought Fire Pro in the Steam sale, and was wondering if anyone had tips for the grapple timing. The most prominent tip I got from googling was to actually go by the foot stomp sound, but I just can't get any consistency even in mission mode. If I hit the input the moment I hear the sound come in, I'll often get Too Early, and if I try a slight hesitation then it ends up being late. The few times I've gotten a chain going, it inevitably ends and I can't get started again for the life of me.

EDIT: hosed around some more and the actual timing point seems to be right at the end of the stomp sound

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 11, 2019

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Wait, you can actually PLAY the matches in Fire Pro?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's why I play TEW. No distraction from that silly "playing" stuff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I’m stuck waiting for TEW2020 before I give that series a go.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

STAC Goat posted:

That's why I play TEW. No distraction from that silly "playing" stuff.

I'd do that, but I actually want to watch matches. And Fire Pro does that the best out of all the wrestling games I've seen, really.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I’m stuck waiting for TEW2020 before I give that series a go.

Yeah, I'm trapped in that "don't want to start a new game because I want to do stuff that I'll be able to do in the next version" limbo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'd do that, but I actually want to watch matches. And Fire Pro does that the best out of all the wrestling games I've seen, really.

Do all the booking in TEW then sim the matches in FPW, obviously

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Wait, you can actually PLAY the matches in Fire Pro?

speaking of, whose poo poo should i look for on the steam workshop

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont know if hes makin stuff on pc but lord worm was my go to guy for FP Returns

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
TheAvenger3 seems to be the most popular edit maker. They have a ton of wrestlers made.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/1161312135495987201

Johnny announced the line up for the rumblethon

All the Smackdowns
Every SvR except for 2010
Legends of Wrestlemania
WWE 12, 13, 2K14, 2K16, 2K18
Wrestling Mpire
Wrestling Revolution 2D and 3D
Day of Reckoning 1 and 2
Fire Pro World
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
Wrestlemania 2000
WWF Attitude
ECW Anarchy Rulez
WCW/NWO Thunder
WWE Survivor Series
WWF Raw

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Testekill posted:

All the Smackdowns
Legends of Wrestlemania
Wrestling Mpire
Day of Reckoning 1 and 2
Fire Pro World
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
Wrestlemania 2000
WWF Attitude
ECW Anarchy Rulez
WCW/NWO Thunder
WWE Survivor Series
WWF Raw

3 MDickie games. That's appointment television right there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would like one reminder of that stream before it starts happening. if you're capable and willing then please contact me in this thread about my request

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm trapped in that "don't want to start a new game because I want to do stuff that I'll be able to do in the next version" limbo.

I've found that doing Effganic gimmick runs are good for this grey period because as soon as I get bored of the gimmick I can move on to the next one and the mod makes the game run fast enough that you can get an idea running with relatively little downtime.

Rarity posted:

Do all the booking in TEW then sim the matches in FPW, obviously

Been meaning to do something like that and edit it together as an editing exercise for myself, but god drat if I am not wanting to do the Fire Pro legwork to have my beautiful mid tier indie guys.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

i would like one reminder of that stream before it starts happening. if you're capable and willing then please contact me in this thread about my request

Same

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzqgffTHnVo

we are back motherfuckers :getin:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

3 MDickie games. That's appointment television right there.

One thing I love about wrestling revolution is there’s basically a built in botch system if a move doesn’t work out, where you and your opponent just awkwardly collapse on each other in creative ways. That and the seemingly endless counter possibilities

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Testekill posted:

All the Smackdowns
Legends of Wrestlemania
Wrestling Mpire
Day of Reckoning 1 and 2
Fire Pro World
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
Wrestlemania 2000
WWF Attitude
ECW Anarchy Rulez
WCW/NWO Thunder
WWE Survivor Series
WWF Raw

Was there some kind of wacky problem with the 2010 Rumble? I vaguely remember one of these things taking like two hours to finish.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Justice for Liger and especially justice for Captain Marvel #rigged

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Chris James 2 posted:

Justice for Liger and especially justice for Captain Marvel #rigged

Yeah I... have absolutely no idea why that happened. Rumbles seem to generally be janky as poo poo and I had to do a lot of dry runs before this one worked without too many weird bugs.

Anyways, effortpost coming about the charity stream for RAICES when I'm on a computer

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

Was there some kind of wacky problem with the 2010 Rumble? I vaguely remember one of these things taking like two hours to finish.

They probably took out 2010 because all of the SvR rumbles are basically the same and Legends of Wrestlemania came out the same year and is at least different. The really long ones were probably one of the AKI games because they're really not designed for rumbles in mind since the AI is just more concerned with putting a match on. I can imagine Fire Pro being a bit of a mess for the same reason.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The VPW2 one should be fun because there is a good chance someone will win who does not have a CAW up. That's assuming that they even go for the real guy as opposed to the funny looking placeholder character that stands in for the NJPW or whatever guy they really are.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

The VPW2 one should be fun because there is a good chance someone will win who does not have a CAW up. That's assuming that they even go for the real guy as opposed to the funny looking placeholder character that stands in for the NJPW or whatever guy they really are.

Looking at the graphic it seems they're using the Freem edition, which is a full-on romhack that in addition to doing an English translation, also replaces some of the roster with WCW and WWE guys. But there's still plenty of shoot fighters in there, so I'm looking for one of them to win it. Better hope Volk Han has a community creation CAW :v:

EDIT: also usually they just run the AKI engine rumbles at double speed to make up for the slowness, and you can adjust the speed of the match in Fire Pro as well.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 15, 2019

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

They should replace more of the SVR's honestly. Rumble and Raw on the SNES both had rumbles, and at least 2 of the WWF arcade games did, I don't remember on Superstars or Wrestlemania, but Royal Rumble obviously and Wrestlefest do. Those would be more fun to watch than the SVR ones.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

remusclaw posted:

They should replace more of the SVR's honestly. Rumble and Raw on the SNES both had rumbles, and at least 2 of the WWF arcade games did, I don't remember on Superstars or Wrestlemania, but Royal Rumble obviously and Wrestlefest do. Those would be more fun to watch than the SVR ones.

Think that Royal Rumble and Wrestlefest need a person playing

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Testekill posted:

Think that Royal Rumble and Wrestlefest need a person playing

Oh yeah I didn't even think about that. Probably the SNES games too. I am too spoiled by my sim opportunities in wrestling games. It even made me sad when I was playing the Total War games and I couldn't just set up a battle to watch.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 15, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Come join us on August 20, 2019 at 4PM as we try to raise money for RAICES, a charity offering legal aid to refugees and migrants in the United States. If you follow related news, you know the situation down here is really loving bad, and RAICES have their boots on the ground doing good work; they deserve our support and donations.

Now that the depressing part is out of the way:

MATCH CARD

THE INSANE CLOWN POSSE (VIOLENT J and SHAGGY 2 DOPE) W/ THE GREAT MUTA and VAMPIRO vs. THE BIRDS OF WAR (CHARLIE KELLY, DENNIS REYNOLDS, RONALD "MAC" MACDONALD) w/ FRANK "THE TRASHMAN" REYNOLDS in an 8-MAN TRASH CAN JUGGALO DEATHMATCH

Both of these groups have been completely unseen in NEW so far, and they're both looking to make a bloody and brutal mark on the competition in this all-out murder-death-kill clusterfuck. We'll be lucky if they all survive to wrestle more matches.

SCOTT STEINER vs. BRIAN CAGE

After Steiner's disappointing showing against Cage in the NEW Rumble, he's coming back for revenge with something to prove. Cage has been desperate to show the NEW crowd that he's more than just a roided-up copy of an older legend; in this match, he'll get a perfect chance to seal that.

16-MAN SINGLES TOURNAMENT

Or, more accurately, 15-man and one woman, Kairi Sane. The general theme of the bracket seems to be old legends going up against relatively fresher faces, though there's some frankly weird matches peppered in there, like Zangief and Guile facing each other down, Godzilla continuing his aggression towards famous basketball players, and Bill Goldberg fighting TJ Combo from Killer Instinct. There's almost no way to predict how this one's going to play out.

MAIN EVENT: 8-TEAM TAG TOURNAMENT

This is the real poo poo, y'all. 8 teams go up against each other, hoping to be the one to win the tag-team gold in NEW. Since the teams are slightly cut off on the bracket, I'll go through them here:

Lucha Bros: Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix. You probably know these guys. If you don't, well, one of them breaks people's arms and has cero miedo, and the other is a pretty fun high flyer.

Famous Assholes: Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior. A racist and a homophobe, teamed up to destroy the dreams of decent people everywhere; they really live up to their names.

Los Güeros del Cielo: Angelico & Jack Evans, a team of two crazy high flyer faces ready to take on anything coming their way and get the crowd hype as hell.

The Nazis of Titan: Triple H & Undertaker. Again, you probably know who these guys are, but what you might not know is that they're low-key white nationalists. Let's pray these fuckers don't win on a goddamn charity stream for RAICES, I might actually just shut it all down if they do.

A Boy and his Dinosaur: Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus, the breakout stars of AEW.

Scum Gang: TJ Perkins & Michael Elgin. A clown-rear end incel and a sex pest. Again, let's hope these jerks get smoked.

Teddy & His Cat: Teddy Hart & Ernest "The Cat" Miller. This team is based entirely around a horrible pun.

The Trump Foundation: Donald Trump & Vince McMahon, actual real-life friends who have come here to try and ruin the whole thing for everyone.

Alright, well, what's the connection between this and donating? What incentives are you giving me?

As it turns out, I've got a couple things up my sleeve.

Run-ins: If you donate $25 or more through Streamlabs, in the donation message, you can put the name of a NEW wrestler and which side (red, blue, or everybody) you'd like them to run in on. Think a match sucks? Call 911 and watch some sumbitches get chokeslammed. Think someone needs some extra help? Call in a buddy to come put the hurt on the other guy. (There'll be a link to a Google doc with all the edits in the database soon.)

Eligibility for a prize in the bracket predictions: If you donate at all through anywhere (though Streamlabs is preferred so I can easily track the total), and keep your receipt, you'll be eligible to win forums-based prizes in the bracket predictions!

What's that? Bracket predictions? Prizes?

Yes, you heard me right, bracket predictions and prizes! As you might have noticed, we're running the two tournaments on Challonge, a site that allows users to make predictions for who will win the tournament.

SINGLES TOURNAMENT BRACKET
TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT BRACKET

If you make any kind of donation to RAICES on the day of the stream and hang on to your donation receipt, achieving the highest score for one bracket will result in a prize of $10 in forums upgrades of your choice. If you win BOTH brackets, you'll get $30 in forums upgrades. If you win, but do not donate, the prize will go to the next person down who did.

COME JOIN US TUESDAY, AUGUST 20TH AT 4PM FOR NEW ERA WRESTLING: NIGHT OF THE OPPRESSED AT TWITCH.TV/NEWERAWRESTLING!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

I asked Duel on twitter when it starts in Australian time; he said 4 in the morning so it looks like about 11am PST. So I'm only going to be able to catch a few hours of day 1 but I'm gonna pull an all-nighter so that I can catch all of day 2.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

loving LOL at the snake man Orton

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is that meant to be Finn as the Night King? :psyduck:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Looks like A Black

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

First 2K20 Originals DLC pack (Bump In The Night) announced, comes free with pre-orders

Bump In The Night is horror-themed

Playable characters:
The Fiend Bray Wyatt
Demon King Finn Balor
The Swampfather Bray Wyatt
FrankenStrowman
Wicked Aleister Black
Unleashed Apex Predator Randy Orton
Fed-Up Sheamus
+ 2 mystery horror versions of Superstars

2K Showcase:
Swampfather Bray has amassed otherworldly power, becoming an embodiment of the swamp. He lures Finn to the Wyatt Compound to recruit the Demon into his Family. Finn must fight off the Family until the power within Finn is unleashed

2K Towers:
The Fiend
All Fed Up - Fed-Up Sheamus must take on former fellow Superstars who have become zombies
Nowhere To Run - Twisted Nikki Cross looks to play with other Superstars
One Of The Family - Swampfather Bray decides to bring on a past recruit. Can Daniel Bryan survive?
Nowhere To Hide - Survivor Mandy Rose has had enough of Twisted Nikki. She must end the madness!

Arenas:
Wyatt Swamp
Cemetery Brawl

Creation:
Dozens of CAW parts
Arena parts
New weapons and new moves

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It might give us 4 or 5 new variations on the Mist that could be fun. But it does seem like they’re leaning further into orienting the game around what streamers might play around with