Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/3F82OLVAZDIS/css/all.min.css

code:
strong.sale-price{color:#f47b2b}
#f47b2b
rgb(244, 123, 43)

Red is the color of the switch logo.

$244 USD

So close to a leak but it didn't happen. Here's a high resolution picture of the switch and accessories.

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/3F82OLVAZDIS/images/switch/landing/gallery01.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/3F82OLVAZDIS/images/switch/landing/gallery02.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

#f47b2b is bright orange, not red.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cojawfee posted:

What's it like being the dumbest man alive?

It's alright

In all honesty I can think of maybe five N64 games I'd have fun playing today and most of those have versions on consoles without a terrible controller

Like, the two Zelda games, Mario, Star Fox 64, Wave Race and maybe Ken Griffey Presents MLB but I haven't played that last one since the 90s

I liked the idea of going back to Blast Corps and Banjo Kazooie but Rare Replay kinda cleared any nostalgia curiosity for those out of me.

Those 64 games just don't hold up. Trying to play Goldeneye on that controller now just feels crazy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

paper mario
ogre battle 64
kirby 64

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soul Glo posted:

It's alright

In all honesty I can think of maybe five N64 games I'd have fun playing today and most of those have versions on consoles without a terrible controller

Like, the two Zelda games, Mario, Star Fox 64, Wave Race and maybe Ken Griffey Presents MLB but I haven't played that last one since the 90s

I liked the idea of going back to Blast Corps and Banjo Kazooie but Rare Replay kinda cleared any nostalgia curiosity for those out of me.

Those 64 games just don't hold up. Trying to play Goldeneye on that controller now just feels crazy.

Paper Mario was on N64

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Switch would be perfect for certain games because I could take my Switch to a friend's house, pop off the JoyCons and bam, both of us can play Zombies At My Neighbors with a single device. I honestly hope the Switch is cracked wide open fast just for poo poo like this.

I hope the Switch doesn't get cracked, and people pay money for all the great games that will be available for it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Soul Glo posted:

lol at anything on the N64 being worth playing, imo

Jesus Christ

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah there are a few more I can think of that I would call "good" but I feel like the N64 and the Playstation to some extent had the misfortune to be smack in the middle of that extremely awkward "hey guys welp we can't make no 2D games no more let's make every game a 3D game even though we have no clue what we're doing" era so you got a lot of really poorly-aging games out of the deal

Some are interesting to look at though I guess even if they aren't "good" anymore.

It's some kind of miracle how good OoT and Mario 64 were right out of the gate like that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/realotakugamer/status/817099995807682560

Mother 3 confirmed for Nintendeak Switch.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Guys, I'm ridiculously excited for next Thursday & Friday. This might be the most excited I've been for a console since the N64 waaaaaaaaaay back in the day.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I got confused for a bit because I forgot Brownie Brown changed their name and also thought that they were also Grezzo since Grezzo is headed up by the original Mana guy, but Brownie Brown are the ones that worked on them in the past.

I guess I've had that backward this whole time, drat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Switch would be perfect for certain games because I could take my Switch to a friend's house, pop off the JoyCons and bam, both of us can play Zombies At My Neighbors with a single device. I honestly hope the Switch is cracked wide open fast just for poo poo like this.

Computers exist you know

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hope the Switch doesn't get cracked, and people pay money for all the great games that will be available for it

I hope piracy doesn't run rampant but Nintendo is bad at stopping that (lol), but I want to be able to play games that will never hit the VC because of reasons.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Because it's a place device people are allowed to mark up that people haven't had a complete poo poo fit over yet.

Edit: lol so beaten
To be honest "because they can" was what I expected, but I wanted to maintain a shred of that starry-eyed optimism

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

InFlames235 posted:

Guys, I'm ridiculously excited for next Thursday & Friday. This might be the most excited I've been for a console since the N64 waaaaaaaaaay back in the day.

What games are you gonna preorder

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Has Nintendo ever released any piracy figures/has anybody ever tried to quantify it? The The Wii, DS and 3DS are super easy to mod and crack wide open (dunno about the WiiU), but I've never heard anyone make a big deal out of Nintendo piracy.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hope you are right but also I hope that the eShop isn't drowning in shovelware PC bundle indie titles inexplicably priced at $5-10 each

Those outcomes seem about equally likely in my hosed up brain

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kelp Me! posted:

Has Nintendo ever released any piracy figures/has anybody ever tried to quantify it? The The Wii, DS and 3DS are super easy to mod and crack wide open (dunno about the WiiU), but I've never heard anyone make a big deal out of Nintendo piracy.

The WiiU is just as easy to mod and get bootlegs running on.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

ethanol posted:

Zelda & 3D Mario if the rumors are true fo sho

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

things at the switch presser that would make me excited:
-new HD fire emblem but with a good story not like fates
-pokemon sumo includes pokemon Z as postgame content
-support for my existing vita library
-cinderella girls starlight stage port

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

InFlames235 posted:

Zelda & 3D Mario if the rumors are true fo sho

What if Zelda runs worse on the switch than the Wii U?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

ethanol posted:

What if Zelda runs worse on the switch than the Wii U?

Still gonna get it on Switch cuz I wanna Zelda on the toilet and on the plane

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Super No Vacancy posted:

-cinderella girls starlight stage port
What do you think are the odds that the Switch is region free

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i expect it will have even more region locking than ever before and the united states will be arbitrarily divided into 6 distinct switchzones, each with their own standards and localizations

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super No Vacancy posted:

i expect it will have even more region locking than ever before and the united states will be arbitrarily divided into 6 distinct switchzones, each with their own standards and localizations

Thanks, Trump

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
After the collapse of Trump's America the switchzones will be the only law left. Roving packs of nerds will raid neighboring territories for Streetpass hits.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Kelp Me! posted:

How would they even know? They don't know if I bought some VC games, how would they find out I installed a homebrew channel or if I bought one of those r4 carts?

Super No Vacancy posted:

Let's a go, y'all.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

listen man you can't ship a game in the Northeast region with Southern-American English and without replacing all instances of "grits" with "scrapple" are you loving nuts this takes time

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Dr Cheeto posted:

After the collapse of Trump's America the switchzones will be the only law left. Roving packs of nerds will raid neighboring territories for Streetpass hits.

Are you a kid..... or a squid?

Choose wisely

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

How would they even know? They don't know if I bought some VC games, how would they find out I installed a homebrew channel or if I bought one of those r4 carts?

Let's a go, y'all.

I dunno how it works but I've seen other studios publish piracy loss data and I'm not sure how measuring Bethesda games pirated on PC would be different than measuring any publisher's games pirated on the Wii or whatever?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ethanol posted:

Every single game published by Nintendo and nothing by third parties :getin:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

listen man you can't ship a game in the Northeast region with Southern-American English and without replacing all instances of "grits" with "scrapple" are you loving nuts this takes time

scrapple is just philly and is not a breakfast starch.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Calm down, have a jelly doughnut

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Calm down, have a jelly doughnut

I'll have a hoagie instead

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

How about jet force Gemini, goldeneye, pod racing, Perfect Dark, just to name a few.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

vg make him beat quest 64 to get his account back.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

vg make him beat quest 64 to get his account back.

i'd play quest 64 a thousand times before I'd try to play through superman 64

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kelp Me! posted:

i'd play quest 64 a thousand times before I'd try to play through superman 64

dude he's probated, not permabanned

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/817095923260157952

usb c officially confirmed, which is very nice! no more proprietary chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is hyperkin like a cyberfurry thing

• Locked thread