Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I phrased everything as I did to make it polarizing, as if it were going to convince anyone, but with logos to give legs to the absurdity. I had a lame, boring thing to say so I exploded it. Pretty simple stuff, welcome to the internet, etc. If my willingness to make doodoo smear drawings in this dead thread earns me disdain, I wear it proudly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is the weirdest loving hill to die on. Just say "oops I hosed up and was pronouncing it wrong lol at me being a dumbass"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol do you know who you're talking to?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

cvnvcnv posted:

If Grenadier was a subclass or something it would makes sense to 1:1 to me. My thought when I see it is that there's a word of like spelling whose a meaning has a relevance, which informs this new thing they're making. Stopping at first appearance there doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I do love how passionate I get people, tho :allears:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

cvnvcnv posted:

This entire post doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

edit: Also I didn't think Justicar's Wrath posted here anymore but there it is.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 16, 2017

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Of all the threads, I never thought I'd find autistic people in the Destiny one :rolleyes:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i knew i was right about you being a loving dweeb

sick follow up with the unironic puppetmaster too

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
The correct phrasing is that we totally need fresh content because we're arguing linguistic context.

Can someone do some analysis as to when the main meltdowns happened, I'm sure it's cyclic and we're approaching an event horizon where some one goes poopookaka and flips out and bungies scant game development is the reason.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

edit: Also I didn't think Justicar's Wrath posted here anymore but there it is.

Somewhere, a Kinect echoes in the darkness.

SmallpoxJenkins fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 16, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
50 fresh posts and no content, MDGA

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
datto made a video about tracking grenades that's pretty good we can talk about that

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Datto can go gently caress himself

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
If you want to gently caress Datto today's the day, he's the bungie bounty.

Which I'm missing loving hell :argh:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://youtu.be/HEFCWx-8Kj4

Are tracking grenades becoming a problem in trials?

Lmao where the gently caress has this clown been? I was bumping into 3 vow bladehunter (pronounced "Blah-day Hunter") stacks week loving one of ROI and grapes have been around forever.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao where the gently caress has this clown been? I was bumping into 3 vow bladehunter (pronounced "Blah-day Hunter") stacks week loving one of ROI and grapes have been around forever.

6 months ago he made a comment in one of his videos along the lines of "people think I'm only good at PvE and complained when I posted pvp stuff so i guess i'm just doing pve stuff"

checks out.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Let's discuss the movie It Follows and how it plagiarized the destiny mechanic of, "passing the taint."

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Christ that guy is whiny as gently caress. I got to where he went on his "people are playing better/smarter" part and couldn't do it anymore.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Tracking grenades are fine. Grapes you just skate or run away and then slide under them for like 25% damage and fire/arc bolts were always a handy little wall hack to see which side some oval office was hiding to a door way.

The real issue is fusion/magnetic/sticky grenades doing a 90 degree turn in mid air as youre sliding away from them to stick to you with no way to shake em off. Though thats partly the connections being poo poo which is a whole other over done discussion.

Grenades and melee are probably in a pretty good place by in large.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

cvnvcnv posted:

One of my favorite trolls is for sure bemoaning Vertigo a bunch right when you started stunting with it haha You posted that then, too!

I've never used the vertigo but also I can't tell what you're saying in your chopped english salad

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Gonna agree to disagree with ya on tracking nades.

Skips more than grapes, but I feel like there's a bit too much easy mode in them.

I feel like the way grapes work they are much more tactical, as the whole point of them is to flush out campers and control the flow. Skips are just annoying blinty pieces of poo poo and the Vows are my least favorite new exotic. It doesn't feel like there's a skill threshold to put a pain in the rear end tracking skip on a guy.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

I've never used the vertigo but also I can't tell what you're saying in your chopped english salad
Err, Vacancy. FWC naming conventions aside, you'd extoll the vendor roll with enthusiasm and I'd come behind saying the exact opposite, get a reaction. I only ever sniped back then, but I always make bold statements in the most outlandish way when trolling. I have a firm history of it but reality is determined by the masses so I must have meant everything :negative:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Gonna agree to disagree with ya on tracking nades.

Skips more than grapes, but I feel like there's a bit too much easy mode in them.

I feel like the way grapes work they are much more tactical, as the whole point of them is to flush out campers and control the flow. Skips are just annoying blinty pieces of poo poo and the Vows are my least favorite new exotic. It doesn't feel like there's a skill threshold to put a pain in the rear end tracking skip on a guy.

Yeah my blade dancer loadout uses vows. Theyre pure aids. Cant seem to get any to roll hand cannon loader which is driving me nuts.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just use em defensively against shotgun rushers. Helps mitigate ghost bullets.

Its super annoying to face when someone starts every gun fight or push with one though.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Wait are you guys talking about Grasps? I kept seeing grapes and assumed like "sour grapes"

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the issues with tracking grenades and sticky nades are totally different

sticky nades are an issue because any close- or medium-ranged engagement can be turned into a trade, no matter how unfavorable it was when it started. this is especially an issue in mutual last man standing situations against sunsingers because you're almost never going to win this trade.

tracking nades are a problem because like he said they're pretty much like the gun at the start of the race and they signal anywhere from six to thirty seconds of 'this person can't engage me in any meaningful way'; if you're naded you're absolutely not going to win a primary engagement against anyone with a functioning central cortex and unless they seriously blunder they're not going to get into range to let you special them

compounding this is the new shotgun facerush meta so if you're doing the 'right' thing against shotgun rushers it doesn't matter because they can immediately force you off your position and force you into a situation where you're either removed as a player in a fight while you shake the nades and your teammates get 3v2ed or you get shotgunned from behind either as you're trying to turn or after the nade pings you. trials as a game-mode already punishes campers; the rounds are two minutes followed by a neutral location capture point, you don't need grenades for this. tracking nades punishing campers is a trope that's rolled out by shotgun rushers against people who dare to refuse to engage in honorable shotgun facesmash combat

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I just want fusion grenades (hereby to be referred to as Baby's First Grenade) to not stick me at a 45 degree angle.
Most of the time I don't even know that I've been stuck until I explode seconds after I kill the person.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

el B posted:

Wait are you guys talking about Grasps? I kept seeing grapes and assumed like "sour grapes"

it's slang for axion bolt seekers

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also I have never once successfully shot one in pvp

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I use that one Iron Lord artifact that gives me two grenades, then run around in PvP with my Defender Titan collecting Postmortem & Get it Off medals by the handful every 25 seconds.

Edit: sometimes I live long enough to use both grenades.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/ZhOkZiR.gifv

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol if you aren't sticking dudes from 50 m with regularity. Stickies were my jam throughout all the Halos, pretty much the only thing I will switch them out for are lightning grenades.

E I'm like the Aaron Rodgers of stickies

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
plasma grenades were fine because they were only guaranteed if you were in punching range and required skill otherwise

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the issues with tracking grenades and sticky nades are totally different

sticky nades are an issue because any close- or medium-ranged engagement can be turned into a trade, no matter how unfavorable it was when it started. this is especially an issue in mutual last man standing situations against sunsingers because you're almost never going to win this trade.

tracking nades are a problem because like he said they're pretty much like the gun at the start of the race and they signal anywhere from six to thirty seconds of 'this person can't engage me in any meaningful way'; if you're naded you're absolutely not going to win a primary engagement against anyone with a functioning central cortex and unless they seriously blunder they're not going to get into range to let you special them

compounding this is the new shotgun facerush meta so if you're doing the 'right' thing against shotgun rushers it doesn't matter because they can immediately force you off your position and force you into a situation where you're either removed as a player in a fight while you shake the nades and your teammates get 3v2ed or you get shotgunned from behind either as you're trying to turn or after the nade pings you. trials as a game-mode already punishes campers; the rounds are two minutes followed by a neutral location capture point, you don't need grenades for this. tracking nades punishing campers is a trope that's rolled out by shotgun rushers against people who dare to refuse to engage in honorable shotgun facesmash combat

With skorris etc it really doesnt. Usually the 5 to 8 wins or so brackets are filled with passive teams in my experience and it requires some pretty aggressive play to root them out.

The amount of passive teams out there with pulse rifles and shotguns who will sit back and throw tracking grenages and look for a team shot pick then hold the orb with shotguns is kind of insane.

A weapons balance patch could fix this a little more. Fast firing pulses are too effective from longer distances and theres still no real hard counter in a lot of cases to straightline rushing shotguns.

Single heavy was a good move to prompt aggression but I'd take skorris out of pvp and be done with thst side of things.

Burning shrine, pantheon, asylum all great maps for trials that can be really annoying to play on if someone slow plays the poo poo out of it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Hey goons, (repost from BF1 thread)

Resident bad gamer here. (Xbone Tag - OldCaptainLog)You might now me as the guy with an irritating parrot or the irritating guy with a parrot if you played XBONE destiny or BF3 for 360. Well, the parrots died and I'm still here bored. Let's play!

Also, if I haven't played with you a bunch please send a message with a friend request. The lack of being able to make groups (to my knowledge) means I loose track of some of my best buds at times. Also my memory is a little hosed.

P. S. I think I received multiple slack invites but my spam filter caught them. Could someone give me a heads up if they send one over?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
..... Uhhh. . . Welcome back? We all thought you were dead.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
It was the multiple messages about apparently being dead that made me realize my stupidity in stopping something I enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rip parrot tho

• Locked thread