Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

same except die loving

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

here's the process for my ford
This is some OCD satisfying poo poo

Spambort
Jun 19, 2012

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can def see how there are two kinds of zombies.. the fictional game/movie kind which is just entertainment and not racism, and then those using it as an excuse to get ready to kill others. whether or not zombies means blacks or just others coz im sure theyd shoot white poor people just as qwuickly

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

thank you even though I only listened for 5 minutes it was still appreciated

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

can def see how there are two kinds of zombies.. the fictional game/movie kind which is just entertainment and not racism, and then those using it as an excuse to get ready to kill others. whether or not zombies means blacks or just others coz im sure theyd shoot white poor people just as qwuickly

I don't think it's even that entrenched, as in no one would ever believe you were stockpiling bushmasters for a zombie invasion. it's (imo) at the level of calling black people canadians

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://vine.co/v/eIW2P3eQUAL

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Sagebrush posted:

other terrifying movie scenes as a kid: watership down with the ghost rabbits, secret of NIMH where the rats gain intelligence, the entire ralph bakshi hobbit
maybe not terrifying precisely, but the most traumatising thing i watched as a kid was johnny five getting beaten almost to death

they loving destroyed his eye !! and johnny's screaming and pleading i mean jesus christ

edit: it occurs to me that in short circuit 2, johnny five is a victim of the same logic that says violence against humans is not okay but violence against zombies is fine (cf. the german version of the original carmageddon for example), because if you show a human character being so brutally abused on-screen there's no way the film'd get a PG or even G rating

movie rating boards are human-supremacist fuckers, justice for our robot comrades now

Sombrerotron fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 11, 2016

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's funny how this word has such a loaded connotation to "liberal" people and is just another gun brand to "gun people".

A gun person would never refer to it as a bushmaster, but would say AR-15 or AR instead.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

KoRMaK posted:

k but we're talkin about left 4 dead the video game. I dunno about these other sub cultures that use wierd coded terminology but can i play l4d2 and not be racist????

e:

oh well poo poo, when you first present this can you preface it a little clearer? I'm pretty far away from the gun range so I don't know it, but I def don't need to be close to the range to know when a biggoted idiot is using code words to convey their ideals when they are in my proximity.

just remember all references to supernatural poo poo is codified racism, zombies = blacks, vampires = latinos, werewolves = asians, bigfoot = jews

deny it all you want but i say it's true and therefore it is

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
no disassemble

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

amazon where is my stuff REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

good dog

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The new badguy in everything are South Africans now, so it's fine because gently caress those assholes.

they were also the politically correct bad guys in a number of mid-80s hollywood movies

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://i.imgur.com/3RbyM33.gifv

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chris Knight posted:

they were also the politically correct bad guys in a number of mid-80s hollywood movies
diplomatic immunity

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

diplomatic immunity

buying up poo poo with krugerrands

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Chris Knight posted:

buying up poo poo with krugerrands

i believe u mean gold pressed latinum or whatever it is quark always wants

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

diplomatic immunity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXNUaSjXRY

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

.lnk to the past posted:

just remember all references to supernatural poo poo is codified racism, zombies = blacks, vampires = latinos, werewolves = asians, bigfoot = jews

deny it all you want but i say it's true and therefore it is
werewolves are the french

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kenny Logins posted:

i know totally understand an american werewolf in london but dont understand an american werewolf in paris at all

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kenny Logins posted:

ahhhh the french

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6vRvQozSzE

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/JTe8qLT.gifv

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Same. It's the waiting that kills me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shaggar posted:

no. they're a litterrall personification of our unescapable mortality. the racist thing is horseshit from retards grasping at straws for reason to dislike a hugely popular genre.

yeah the race thing never worked for me either.

the scariest thing about zombies is that you could be compelled to join them. this works either as a symbol of mortality (you will join the dead some day soon) or preying on fears of poverty (oh no the unwashed masses are coming!)

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Rose McOwned

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sagebrush posted:

american-market cars also deploy their airbags more rapidly and with greater force than european- or japanese-market models. this is because in other countries, the airbags are considered secondary restraint systems that work in concert with the seatbelts. in america, regulations say that the car must be able to protect its occupant even if they choose not to wear their seatbelt, so the airbags must inflate faster and harder to keep a potentially unbelted occupant in place during a collision event. this increases injuries caused by airbag activation, which further feeds into the concept that airbags (and seatbelts) "take more lives than they save", perpetuating the cycle

:patriot:

you're a loving dumbass if you believe this poo poo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

please mo sippy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the scariest thing about zombies is that you could be compelled to join them.

ah right ok they're a metaphor for gay people

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the scariest thing about zombies is that you could be compelled to join them. this works either as a symbol of mortality (you will join the dead some day soon) or preying on fears of poverty (oh no the unwashed masses are coming!)

shaun of the dead is a farcical polemic showing the dangers of being blind to racial miscegenation in white britain

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jonny 290 posted:

YOSPOS: over time i noticed their really weird, contrived, simultaneously super-old-fashioned and too-new-for-anybody-to-understand concepts of masculinity. those dudes are hosed up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dog long

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Agile Vector posted:

please mo sippy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
r/seduction is horrible mostly, like downright disgusting.. but then the rest of the advice is like "be the best person you can be if you want to do well with the ladies"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
who cares

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Poniard posted:

I thought they were showing what was basically this thing which is presented better.

https://vimeo.com/79098420
gen 80 seems p chill tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

That open drain.. :stonk:

• Locked thread