Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Blockhouse posted:

if you use a valentines CE for xp the Servant who gave it to you should just leave

What if you use it to level a CE with that Servant in the artwork?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What if you use it to level a CE with that Servant in the artwork?

That's still weird.

Using Tamamo's chocolate to level up Another Ending is 100% okay, though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

That's still weird.

Using Tamamo's chocolate to level up Another Ending is 100% okay, though.

Atalante wants her chocolate to be used though. :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

kiyohime's valentines CE mysteriously lands in the servant box

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Counterpoint: Keeping the chocolate around until it fossilizes as a kind of holy relic is weird. You're supposed to eat it.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
If you keep it around until it becomes a holy relic then you can use it as a catalyst to summon more of your waifu to up her NP level

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Used a full bonus team + MHX and only Caesar was left in the end against Lalter.

I realise now it would have been a lot easier if I had taken Waver as I didn't need the points :doh:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
All Saber team took her down after a command spell revive. Her NP wasn't as bad as I was expecting; only about 7k damage when resisted and unbuffed, so my stronger units were able to survive it. The NP seal was annoying, though.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

I finally hit 2 mil :woop: , I had to use a command seal in the end against Latler but it was worth it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Had to use a spell to get a 2nd NP out of friend Okita due to some really bad hands but that was easy enough. Will probably end the event at 1.5 mil just because I've largely gotten what I want.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I went in prepared to use all three seals but didn't need any. I wisely looked at my point totals and determined that I only needed like 100% rather than 200+. Essentially double Okita'd her to bits with a well placed d'Eon taunt in there and some timely evades.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
would really love it if jack stopped trying to stab Okita

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm going to miss Okitas ridiculous numbers after this event; double waver and scath buffs made her first turn NP hit Lalter for 1.6m and then she later hit a buster crit for 500k

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ending at 700,000 but you know what for my first event and only having saber lily this whole time I'll take it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how many points do I need to get all the lilies to max NP her?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

1M if you didn't already have one from the launch campaign, a bit less if you do.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

how many points do I need to get all the lilies to max NP her?

700K if you have the one from launch, 1M if you don't.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So when's the next Saber Alter rate up because I sure didn't get her in either of the pulls I did during this event

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

I didn't need to use any command seals for Lalter though there were some clear shenanigans with her killing my MHX through the guts she had from Star of Arturia, a wasted Mana Burst on my Arturia because I didn't notice she was NP sealed, and getting very close to Lily being my only remaining saber before support Okita was able to build up enough for a second NP.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

yeah I'm not gonna bother farming the last 325K artorim or w/e the gently caress it's called tonight. I'm missing out on 2 claws and 2 hearts but goddamn I'm tired of running that one 40 ap thing over and over and over again

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm ready for half-off embers goddamnit.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Nero went 13 rounds with dark lancer and didn't even trigger thrice setting sun.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Remember that there is still 26 and a half hours left in the event. There is still time to get your points up to the 2 million mark.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I got Lalter with a 110% bonus team. George taunted everything for the first round while support Okita built NP and did a lot of damage. Dropped MC Invuln on Caesar and Okita's dodge to smoke the first NP. Then in the second round (with d'Eon taking over tank duties) Okita dropped her NP in a brave chain for like half her health bar. The rest was cleanup, with d'Eon prepared to dodge the next NP and do the last 50k if it came to that. Didn't even have to use a single command seal, so I'll probably go back to Altera with a full bonus team and just cheese it with seals.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Did Lalter with a 110% team and one seal. I'm stopping at 1.2M points because I just can't grind the event any more.

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 17, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Beat Lalter and got to the 2 million points threshold. :toot:

And with the store cleared of everything I want to buy, I need to decide if I'm going to keep trying for Hearts or go back to farming Berserker Monuments.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

I got Lalter with a 110% bonus team. George taunted everything for the first round while support Okita built NP and did a lot of damage. Dropped MC Invuln on Caesar and Okita's dodge to smoke the first NP. Then in the second round (with d'Eon taking over tank duties) Okita dropped her NP in a brave chain for like half her health bar. The rest was cleanup, with d'Eon prepared to dodge the next NP and do the last 50k if it came to that.
I'd probably say D'eon has been my overall MVP for this event; 3-turn taunt and evade and guts changed a lot of clears from extremely risky to 100% consistent. Ironically my only complaint is that occasionally Charm would proc on her NP, messing up my timing for the next couple of turns.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Got to 1.16 mil points, not bothering with the last 2 challenge quests. No Apples used, a bunch of AP unused, but I had enough stuff to ascend a bunch of people, including Shisou to 4 and Herc to 4 (when I have the xp).

I probably should take out MHZ for at least the one Lore though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The last 2 missions are pretty easy if you just borrow someone's Okita and have the plugsuit.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Lalter down in a fairly close fight, I had to sub in Jeanne and Mash for Sieg and Saber Lily in the back, but didn't have to use any command seals. I'm stopping w/ 1.17m points, which actually surpasses my expectations for this event, given I didn't spend any apples and was kinda light on sabers.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Blockhouse posted:

So when's the next Saber Alter rate up because I sure didn't get her in either of the pulls I did during this event

Skimming the rate up banners, looks like the Knights of the Round Table Summoning Campaign which was in Nov '16. And, for better or worse, there are a LOT of four stars on that banner.

[edit] all those Knights AND NO BEDIVERE :argh:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 17, 2018

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Skimming the rate up banners, looks like the Knights of the Round Table Summoning Campaign which was in Nov '16. And, for better or worse, there are a LOT of four stars on that banner.

Oh that's mean as poo poo to put Saber Artoria on that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
well guess I'll pull on the story banner till I die

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Blockhouse posted:

well guess I'll pull on the story banner till I die

No need to do that, the Shinjuku pt. 2 banner has just her and... someone else, I forget who. I’m also pretty sure she’s shown up in another banner. Good luck!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
S. Alter headlines Shinjuku pt. 2 alongside Emiya Alter.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Now I understand the whale mentality for this game

I could totally just buy thirty quartz and try again before the event ends!

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

BlondRobin posted:

No need to do that, the Shinjuku pt. 2 banner has just her and... someone else, I forget who. I’m also pretty sure she’s shown up in another banner. Good luck!

Pureauthor posted:

S. Alter headlines Shinjuku pt. 2 alongside Emiya Alter.

Of course that's not for a full year, so good luck with that!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

It may be too late now, but for future reference note that all forms of Artoria Pendragon have the Dragon trait. :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Another good reason for me to pull on the story banner when there's no event going on is that I have no good CEs at all and tons of useless New Years/Saber Wars CEs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Please seriously don't pull on story banner