Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

The script is over 450 pages long. It is sphincter clenchingly bad. Hours of mocap data have been captured and not one minute has been prepped in game. They do not have one mission up and running for sq42 . The net code is completely hosed and the ai doesn't work because the code has been branched internally.
Other than that I remain optimistic of a 2016 release like your good self.

:gary: Hi Zecumbe :yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

AP posted:

Ah man don't say that, I want them to survive till Citizen Con.

I'm sure they will. If they're intelligent (and they usually are pretty good at deceiving their backers, in my opinion) then they will proceed with business as usual. Derek's tweet will just be regarded by reddit as that dastardly troll making up stories. When the end of 2016 is days away, all of a sudden they will be like, "Well golly gosh, we tried to get this done by the end of 2016, but we want to give it just a bit more polish to make it as good as it can possibly be. The competition is pretty tight now, you know?" so that they can save face.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

I'm sure they will. If they're intelligent (and they usually are pretty good at deceiving their backers, in my opinion) then they will proceed with business as usual. Derek's tweet will just be regarded by reddit as that dastardly troll making up stories. When the end of 2016 is days away, all of a sudden they will be like, "Well golly gosh, we tried to get this done by the end of 2016, but we want to give it just a bit more polish to make it as good as it can possibly be. The competition is pretty tight now, you know?" so that they can save face.

You mean Chris Roberts isn't going to rush something lovely out just because people are telling him to? I'm glad that he is taking the time to do this right and deliver the BDSSE regardless of what anyone says.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It makes people formulate simpler, more concise, less brain-dependent posts that are pleasantly undemanding.

I disagree, people keep making effortposts painstakingly explaining to him how he's rationalizing being an idiot -- I no longer think he even believes the poo poo he's saying... hence my labeling his posts as pure trolls without any merit.

At the *very* least, he's engaging in a debate that he insists is genuine, with disingenuous motives. Namely, so he can sit back and :smug: as goons break down his arguments piece by piece, downplaying any legitimate points they may raise. All as a means of reinforcing his sense of being correct. In this best case scenario, he's so terrible that he might as well be trolling.

fnox
May 19, 2013

EightAce posted:

The script is over 450 pages long. It is sphincter clenchingly bad. Hours of mocap data have been captured and not one minute has been prepped in game. They do not have one mission up and running for sq42 . The net code is completely hosed and the ai doesn't work because the code has been branched internally.
Other than that I remain optimistic of a 2016 release like your good self.

If that's SQ42 I can't imagine how dreadfully pathetic the codebase for Star Citizen must be.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Goobs posted:

Woke up this AM and Kitsa was in visible pain, wouldn't move from his laying down position and wouldn't even eat his favorite treats. He was making a low growling sound every time he exhaled so we decided to take him in today.

Rest in peace Kitsa. My fuzzy bobble head friend. I'm a loving wreck right now.

I don't know what to say, such sad news :(

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jon Do posted:

I disagree, people keep making effortposts painstakingly explaining to him how he's rationalizing being an idiot -- I no longer think he even believes the poo poo he's saying... hence my labeling his posts as pure trolls without any merit.

At the *very* least, he's engaging in a debate that he insists is genuine, with disingenuous motives. Namely, so he can sit back and :smug: as goons break down his arguments piece by piece, downplaying any legitimate points they may raise. All as a means of reinforcing his sense of being correct. In this best case scenario, he's so terrible that he might as well be trolling.

Ok I'm convinced, that pretty much disarms all MoMA defense I'm able to muster. MoMA, please continue your journey in search of an internet community prepared to shelter all your terribilitude

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

EightAce posted:

I am Elmer FUD

What's the mood at CIG towards the new COD gameplay vid?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fnox posted:

If that's SQ42 I can't imagine how dreadfully pathetic the codebase for Star Citizen must be.

I can imagine four gigabytes of badly sorted xml files

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Who the gently caress would pay for a Caterpillar in this day and age? Hasn't that one been a laughingstock for like two years?

:lesnick: has a 3d printed model of it that someone sent him when he forgot all about the entire ship ages ago. Now that they've actually done some work on it, it must be near hangar ready (2 weeks), so they intend to sell it again. Then somebody said we won't make much money as it doesn't have LTI...

Plus it's going on sale so expect 2-3 FAQ's about how completely loving awesome it is. The ship on sale is always the best ship.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

I hope he shoots a special 10FTC from his Xmas trip in Aspen to break the news.

Sorry guys, see you in the verse on the slopes!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ComfyPants posted:

Yeah probably.

DECEMBER 16TH 2013

Chris Roberts discovers the dog fighting module won't be ready for 2013.

Citizen Con should be a laugh.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jon Do posted:

I agree with you, I effort posted twice on the remote chance he's just really dim. I'll go back to just making fun of him.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Shills = good content.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

:lesnick: has a 3d printed model of it that someone sent him when he forgot all about the entire ship ages ago. Now that they've actually done some work on it, it must be near hangar ready (2 weeks), so they intend to sell it again. Then somebody said we won't make much money as it doesn't have LTI...

Plus it's going on sale so expect 2-3 FAQ's about how completely loving awesome it is. The ship on sale is always the best ship.

Awesome. So we're looking at a price hike and what else? Does it have some inconvenient features that some guy who quit a while ago might have hosed up?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

lol

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

ComfyPants posted:

Yeah, everyone here (yes, even you MoMA) knows that Sq42 isn't coming out this year, Reddit knows that Sq42 isn't coming out this year. Hell, even members of the brown sea, if you were to get them in a quiet moment would be willing to sobbingly admit that their lord and saviour may have to let them down again.

It's just how CIG break the news that's the problem for them now. Should they leak it through a community figure? Get Chris to do a rousing speech? Find a scapegoat? Or sit back and say nothing in the hopes that something will crop up?

All it takes is one tiny event for them to find their excuse. A high-profile 'leaver', a bout of ill health from a star, a member of the dev team breaking a finger. No, we shan't announce any delays yet. Let's wait for the excuse to arise. Any excuse.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Awesome. So we're looking at a price hike and what else? Does it have some inconvenient features that some guy who quit a while ago might have hosed up?

I don't really pay much attention to the ship stuff anymore, back in 2013 you'd have conversations about the differences between an Idris P and an Idris M. The differences between the phoenix and the other constellations variants. I realised quite a while ago, none of it matters at all, it's all focused on selling poo poo and CIG can't keep their word about anything. Plus I'd put the chances of them releasing anything at all, SQ42 or Star Citizen as extremely low.

Think original price was $225, so $250, it comes with two jetbikes or whatever they are, so maybe $300-325

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

the jetbike is so loving stupid

i mean you might as well just make it a rocket with maneuvering thrusters that you ride strangelove style

...in a game worth paying money for, maybe

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

That might be a subscriber or concierge sale item, physical merchandise of some sort, odd it sold out though.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Jon Do posted:

I'm inclined to agree with you. Whoever he is or isn't, he clearly is just enjoying the attention. Rising to it with anything other than comic derision is playing his game.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Keep buying ships! They don't need the money! But keep buying ships, or there won't be a game! But there's no money problem!

:wtchris:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Does the Caterpillar still look like a giant dick or did it get redesigned?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

AP posted:

That might be a subscriber or concierge sale item, physical merchandise of some sort, odd it sold out though.

I think it's a Wing Commander Digital pack ($10K).

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

AP posted:

Yeah probably.

DECEMBER 16TH 2013

Chris Roberts discovers the dog fighting module won't be ready for 2013.

Citizen Con should be a laugh.

Yeah so how are they going to get through gamescom, their own Con and have double digit amounts of more sales where they promise you literally everything while still knowing the game is delayed another year.

The longer the PU kicks and screams in agony and the more sales that happen it's just going to become more and more comical.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Yeah so how are they going to get through gamescom, their own Con and have double digit amounts of more sales where they promise you literally everything while still knowing the game is delayed another year.

The longer the PU kicks and screams in agony and the more sales that happen it's just going to become more and more comical.

Having something for Citizens to do this year that doesn't involve clipping through floors and seats is a bigger problem than the delay in my opinion. They might get away with a delay, but tricky selling that if there's still nothing to do.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

EightAce posted:

and the ai doesn't work because the code has been branched internally.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beexoffel posted:

I don't know what to say, such sad news :(

I can only express the very same. But if I look in the eyes of this catte, he was happy...not only happy, but even told other cattes that he has the best caretaker there is, so proud and happy he was. He is in peace now, telling other cattes in peace how great his life on earth was, and how he now watches over his caretaker until they meet again.

I lost one of my cattes last year when my neighbour poisened her, and my day started finding her screaming in agony. My arms to this day bear the marks of her last agony when she cried and didn't want to let go of life/my arm, basically tearing it to shreds while her organs turned into goo while on the way to the vet. Her brother-catte (which I hug at least an hour more a day especially after reading this thread) and me are not the same since that day. I see fear in his eyes since then, and can't make it go away, and it makes me sad, because he never had fear in his eyes before.

Cattes (and dogges, and any other animals which we take care off) with happy lifes are something very worthwile, and we should honor and be proud of every happy moment we are able to create for them, because they will repay them tenfold.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

tuo posted:

I can only express the very same. But if I look in the eyes of this catte, he was happy...not only happy, but even told other cattes that he has the best caretaker there is, so proud and happy he was. He is in peace now, telling other cattes in peace how great his life on earth was, and how he now watches over his caretaker until they meet again.

I lost one of my cattes last year when my neighbour poisened her, and my day started finding her screaming in agony. My arms to this day bear the marks of her last agony when she cried and didn't want to let go of life/my arm, basically tearing it to shreds while her organs turned into goo while on the way to the vet. Her brother-catte (which I hug at least an hour more a day especially after reading this thread) and me are not the same since that day. I see fear in his eyes since then, and can't make it go away, and it makes me sad, because he never had fear in his eyes before.

Cattes (and dogges, and any other animals which we take care off) with happy lifes are something very worthwile, and we should honor and be proud of every happy moment we are able to create for them, because they will repay them tenfold.

This is the saddest first post ever

What happened to your neighbor? Are you posting from prison?

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The StuG III in the background looks so sad in flat green. :(

It's a Finn-StuG, hence the stealth logs and stealth green. Soviets cannot see green tanks; they can only hear the clanking.

Also, big catte.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
its true, their vision is based on movement

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

tuo posted:

:smithfrog: :saddowns: :smith: :smithcloud: :( :ohdear:

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 17, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

That's horrible I have a nutty neighbour and worry about her doing something like that to our two dogs, I can't imagine going through that.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

tuo posted:

You're a good person.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This is the saddest first post ever

What happened to your neighbor? Are you posting from prison?

Nah, he actually didn't mean it. He moved there couple of weeks before (the neighbor before died, and his son or whatever moved there). He realized he had a rather big rat problem (which we all knew about, but somehow he didn't).

So he decided to put out some heavy stuff, which my cat either ate directly or by hunting down another (poisened) rat, as she did for the eight years before.

I don't hold a grudge towards him, he's actually a nice person and was shocked when he heard what happened.

But I like cattes and dogges (my parents have a dogge, I have cattes), and I like space sim games since I played Elite on a C64.

I feared Goons since I started playing EVE, and only through this thread I found out that you all seem to be quite normal salty asshats, who even have cute cattes and dogges (and large rodents). This sad story of a good catty finally triggered me to post here, since following the demise of Star Citizen has become some kind of daily internet comic for me, as it gives me great entertainment, and you provide the best of service here :)

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

tuo posted:

Holy poo poo, that's worse than the goon who's cat died trying to save his dog from a fire.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Danakir posted:

You're a good person.

Wait. Let's find out how much they have in Star Citizen before we jump to any conclusions.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

tuo posted:

I feared Goons since I started playing EVE, and only through this thread I found out that you all seem to be quite normal salty asshats

I have never played EVE, it doesn't really appeal to me, but whenever I encounter EVE goons in other games, 99% of them are the absolute worst. They are even the worst in the MMO communities they spread to. If you've not seen our MMO communities, that's saying a lot.

All they want to do is ruin other people's fun. I do plenty of that, but I usually wait for them to give me cause first. They also don't seem to know when enough is enough in this regard, and tend to be indiscriminate in terms of griefing other goons for no reason as well.

Some EVE goons are cool though.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 17, 2016

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Wrecked Angle posted:

Wait. Let's find out how much they have in Star Citizen before we jump to any conclusions.

yea any idiot can like their cat. But do they have TRUE vision?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Fat Shat Sings posted:

:cawg: Sounds amazing from my refunded-ex-backer point of view

• Locked thread