Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Deacon of Delicious posted:

Wasted: 53PQX-5C02F-QW395
Westerado: 4R0Q2-W8FJZ-Z7EY3

Grabbed Wasted and Westerado, thanks! I'd recommend Volgarr to anybody by the way, it is the closest thing to Castlevania (Not Symphony of the Night) that is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I expected stuff from Vanquish when I started it last night. What I didn't expect was a legit horrifying opening cutscene.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Deakul posted:

There's a cheat to skip levels: thereisnotry

Thanks, pinotnoir did the trick.

Now if only this fight against Pic and Gorc wasn't loving impossible. Have any of you beat this level legitimately? How?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Now if only this fight against Pic and Gorc wasn't loving impossible. Have any of you beat this level legitimately? How?

if i didnt know you were playing a star wars game those names would give it away immediately

Piekuuns
May 15, 2009

Deacon of Delicious posted:

Thanks, I grabbed this.

I got a few from the Adult Swim Humble Bundle that I already have:

Wasted: 53PQX-5C02F-QW395
Westerado: 4R0Q2-W8FJZ-Z7EY3
Volgarr the Viking: IWB0I-78905-0H495

Took Volgarr the Viking, thanks!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Tips for Vanquish for instant stylish play:

- you can use melee while sliding without overheating if you don't actually hit an enemy;
- this is useful because if you melee in front of an object, Sam will do a somersault and you can slomo snipe enemies;
- you can combine this with grenade throwing (throw a grenade, slide, somersault, shoot the grenade);
- you can slomo-vault over cover;
- practice doing an evade and going into slomo, it works well as a superfast peek;
- evade gets a lot slower if you're overheated, but it's really fast as long as you're not, so use it to recover.
- going into slomo while boosting is only marginally useful because you'll overheat much faster.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe they never gave Vanquish a New Game+ option, so I could skate around the battlefield with 100% upgraded guns forever.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

spincube posted:

I can't believe they never gave Vanquish a New Game+ option, so I could skate around the battlefield with 100% upgraded guns forever.
Yeah, that's probably the most disappointing part of that game. Plus some weapons being rather poo poo (seriously, what's the point of the disc launcher?).

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 1, 2017

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, that's probably the most disappointing part of that game. Plus some weapons being rather poo poo (seriously, what's the point of the disc launcher?).

Its melee attack has a pretty generous 'snap' to nearby enemies and, as long as you aren't staggered by crossfire, it absolutely melts Romanovs' armour while stunlocking them.

It's not a damage hose you can spray at an enemy horde, but like the shotgun it's lethal in a high-risk high-reward, 'obliterate thing in crosshairs? :madmax:' way.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Filthy Monkey posted:

There isn't. Make one. I would post in it.

I'm actually planning to make one come the weekend- this week's been a little too intense for me to do so beforehand :shobon:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Well, another milestone of failing at Steam. :downs:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress I got a new phone and now I'm locked out of my steam account, I contacted support Last night and they still haven't gotten back to me, Steam Guard is loving bullshit.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Turtlicious posted:

gently caress I got a new phone and now I'm locked out of my steam account, I contacted support Last night and they still haven't gotten back to me, Steam Guard is loving bullshit.

Be glad you have it. Someone in Russia stole my origin account. Called them up and fixed it within an hour though.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Turtlicious posted:

I got a new phone relatively recently and the process was seamless:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-wrah-9030#transfer

Keep flailing your way through life though.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Phlegmish posted:

I think I back-strafed a lot. It's important to take the little one out first, the big guy isn't nearly as dangerous.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Filthy Monkey posted:

There isn't. Make one. I would post in it.

Made a thread for Starcrawlers. I'm gonna revamp the OP some later, but it's there:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822431

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

Only if you're an idiot.

I literally just went through this process today and it took me all of 2 minutes to fix. Every other 2FA setup I have took longer, and trust me, I have a lot.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

HELP I lost my debit card so I went to the bank but they asked me for my name and ID so I ran away screaming! What do I do now?? Debit cards are such loving bullshit knew I should have just kept my money in a sack in my backyard

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't setup Steam Guard because by the time the confirmation code reaches me it's already expired. They have some slow as hell message delivery system.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Drifter posted:

Hey, how is the walking dead game; the new one? If I disliked the second season and didn't give a poo poo enough to try the michonne spinoff, should I even bother with this season 3? I loved season 1, for what it's worth.

kind of late but i *liked* the second season and still thought New Frontier was miserable

it's a joyless grimdark mess where your choices matter even less than usual for a Telltale game and Hobo Garrus suddenly showing up in episode 2 isn't nearly enough to redeem it

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

HGH posted:

I can't setup Steam Guard because by the time the confirmation code reaches me it's already expired. They have some slow as hell message delivery system.

Something tells me this has nothing to do with their email system.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

Something tells me this has nothing to do with their email system.
It has to be done over phone.
Or is SteamGuard not the marketplace thingy?

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 1, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I switched carriers and they didn't let me keep the number though, and I traded in the old phone, but yeah keep loving that duck I guess.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

Asura is chronogg's deal of the day. it's a rad isometric brawler based on Indian mythology. check it out, sure.
https://chrono.gg/

oh yeah also here's Gu*thro a*d the Epic Blu*der 8BE*B-J4Q75-X8H*7

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

I switched carriers and they didn't let me keep the number though, and I traded in the old phone, but yeah keep loving that duck I guess.

I'm sorry you're retarded.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Lol your carrier hosed you if they didn't let you keep your number for free

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Aren't you guys replying to the guy who has some sort of idiot trolling procedure or whatever poo poo?

I'm glad for this conversation, though, as I'm currently setting my new phone up and probably would have forgotten about it. Thanks Steam thread.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
steam thread title : seriously, ignore Turtlicious

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For all the people that say to ignore me, you guys sure do love responding to my posts. 2FA has a lot of it's own issues, and a strong password is almost always the best line of defense.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Maybe you should get G2A to send you a stolen phone

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I got a new phone and just had my carrier transfer the number. Which is cool of them because it only has three digits repeated multiple times which I find fun.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

For all the people that say to ignore me, you guys sure do love responding to my posts. 2FA has a lot of it's own issues, and a strong password is almost always the best line of defense.

lol and there's the turn

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Turtlicious posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/twofactor/manage

Super difficult.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Aren't you guys replying to the guy who has some sort of idiot trolling procedure or whatever poo poo?

I'm glad for this conversation, though, as I'm currently setting my new phone up and probably would have forgotten about it. Thanks Steam thread.

Just make sure you write down the recovery number and keep it somewhere safe. One time my phone just straight up froze on me and I couldn't do anything. Luckily I had the code to disable steam guard until I got a new one. It may also change if you get a new device so check and make sure after it's set up.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

:aslol: if you're in the US because:

FCC.gov posted:

A consumer wishing to port a number should contact the prospective new carrier, who will start the process of porting by contacting the consumer's current carrier. Commission rules require carriers to port a number when they receive a valid request, and carriers may not refuse to port.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Anyone know how long Starcrawlers is? I'm already doing hundreds of points of damage, and I'm only level 5.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
More people need to use KeePass or other variants and store your 2FA release codes in the relevant note fields. I literally couldn't tell you most of my passwords - they are insanely long generated word salads, as the security Gods intended.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Turtlicious posted:

:prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragequit posted:

More people need to use KeePass or other variants and store your 2FA release codes in the relevant note fields. I literally couldn't tell you most of my passwords - they are insanely long generated word salads, as the security Gods intended.

I mean, yeah I just did this once I got the whole thing resolved, it was just a huge pain in the rear end.

• Locked thread