Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

cvnvcnv posted:

Weekly

E: At the Tower? Daily. If you're referring to Iron Banner, just the four for the week.

Sorry yeah, meant iron banner. That's not too bad then, and should be able to work me way through most of them tomorrow then.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Kin posted:

Sorry yeah, meant iron banner. That's not too bad then, and should be able to work me way through most of them tomorrow then.

By the way, I think you can pick up the weekly crucible bounty from Shaxx, the crucible vendor in the tower. In the past players had to do a very long crucible quest to unlock it, but that shouldn't be the case anymore. Might as well do it at the same time you're doing the iron banner weeklies, it drops a weapon or an exotic.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Titanium Orchid really rolls Tripod in the same column as Horseshoes or Tracking? Lol, what a super poo poo replacement for Tormod's.

Yeah it's basically a guaranteed good roll but never a great one.

That's all the IB guns tbqh but they hosed up with the Clever Dragon being able to roll braced frame and high caliber rounds (pronounced "rownd-es") and accidentally made it really easy to get the top gun in the meta (save for the super sweaty HC krew).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The Meat Dimension posted:

By the way, I think you can pick up the weekly crucible bounty from Shaxx, the crucible vendor in the tower. In the past players had to do a very long crucible quest to unlock it, but that shouldn't be the case anymore. Might as well do it at the same time you're doing the iron banner weeklies, it drops a weapon or an exotic.

Cool, I think i've seen that but put off doing it.

How often are these iron banner weeks anyway?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It shows up once a month unless some other event gets in the way.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah it's basically a guaranteed good roll but never a great one.

That's all the IB guns tbqh [except Clever Dragon]

The Silvered Dread can roll Linear Comp + Field Scout + Rangefinder. It's not hard to get 6-8 kills out of that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mikey-San posted:

The Silvered Dread can roll Linear Comp + Field Scout + Rangefinder. It's not hard to get 6-8 kills out of that.

It's not going to win you any 1s better than the Zombie and Barons or Bonekrusher/Bane of the Taken, it just has more bullets.

Don't get me wrong I have one with comp, PB, FS and RF and it's really good and will murder tard squads in 6s. But my Zombie can map guys in a way it can't and kill just as quickly, and you can get a bonekrusher that's range capped at 52 even with soft ballistics (ridiculous AA boost), with take a knee, rifled barrel and CB/CC/RF/HH. That's a murder machine. Don't sleep on an Unending Deluge, either. Tons of bullets.

The Dread is a unique playstyle that trades range and AA for lots of bullets, but you can still get outshot. No pulse can outshoot an HCR Dragon.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
My favorite MG right now is my Linear Comp, EoTS, Rifled, RF Unending Deluge. It absolutely melts people and the effective range is ridiculous. Those 4 shot kills with a Silvered Dread don't work the instant there's any damage falloff, which you see a lot. This thing doesn't have issues with damage falloff. It's a y3 Corrective Measure but rangier.

This thing is also a monster. I want this roll with Take a Knee in the first "pick one of two" so badly.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

But my Zombie can map guys in a way it can't and kill just as quickly, and you can get a bonekrusher that's range capped at 52 even with soft ballistics

Yeah, my Silvered is Linear / Hammer Forged / Field Scout / Rangefinder and its range is 43. And what is the RF buff, like 10% or something? That puts it at 47. It maps plenty fine but you're right, the ammo capacity is pretty much the sole allure for me.

E: The AA trade-off you speak of seems wrong. Mine lists 51, a lot higher than either mg you posted.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 18, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My favorite MG right now is my Linear Comp, EoTS, Rifled, RF Unending Deluge.

I have a CB, Rifled, Persistence Deluge and it's my favorite LMG in any activity except sloppy 6's where I'll just use a field scout Dread like everyone else.

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I have a CB, Rifled, Persistence Deluge and it's my favorite LMG in any activity except sloppy 6's where I'll just use a field scout Dread like everyone else.

Sloppy 6's sounds just like an activity we do with wrecks' mom.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
I'm definitely not equating the power level of a TSD to that of an HCR CD. I'm dumb but I'm not that dumb. I just wouldn't shard a Field Scout Dread since it will very easily give you huge sprees in 6s.

I really want a Bonekruscher with a range perk. Those things loving wreck. I think I've only had one drop since RoI shipped.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Anybody in Bone Crew get the bungie bounty today?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol they would have posted here immediately to tell me to suck their nuts, so I'm guessing not.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Heh

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Who was it?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Do what now?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
first, it's pronounced bungi-ier bounty

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Mikey-San posted:

first, it's pronounced bungi-ier bounty

It's actually Bung-WAH like gre-nad-WAH.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ugh such aids. Every oval office with a clever dragon or grasp, max range matador and either skips, grapes or stickies.

Gets a little boring. Where are the scrubs with suros and midas and side arms.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Barrels are CQB, Linear, and Field Choke.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Nabbed a Saladin's with Linear Comp/Rifled/Snapshot, should I keep farming Archon's for a better roll or is this about as good as I can get?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silvered with linear, braced frame, single point and hidden hand.

Its a laser. Stupid accurate, stupid sticky.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

Nabbed a Saladin's with Linear Comp/Rifled/Snapshot, should I keep farming Archon's for a better roll or is this about as good as I can get?

Snapshot drops a lot but I think Quickdraw or Single Point Sling is worth hunting. I just don't see Snapshot having much use as the ADS is already decent and you really never need it faster given the charge time.

Also, Rangefinder in the final column tho I've really come to appreciate Life Support there. Vigil will leave you open for a moment in a lot of exchanges, longer than most fusions, so the opportunities for healing to proc are plenty, and it leaves you in a far better place if there's anyone else at all descending on you.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 18, 2017

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

MsTeamKK. Check their Twitter, they're announcing it one at a time. Gonna try and catch RealKrafty tomorrow.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

cvnvcnv posted:

Snapshot drops a lot but I think Quickdraw or Single Point Sling is worth hunting. I just don't see Snapshot having much use as the ADS is already decent and you really never need it faster given the charge time.

Also, Rangefinder in the final column tho I've really come to appreciate Life Support there. Vigil will leave you open for a moment in a lot of exchanges, longer than most fusions, so the opportunities for healing to proc are plenty, and it leaves you in a far better place if there's anyone else at all descending on you.

Last night I got a Saladin's with Linear, Reinforced Barrel, Single Point Sling and Life Support.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

MsTeamKK. Check their Twitter, they're announcing it one at a time. Gonna try and catch RealKrafty tomorrow.

Should have paid more attention and tried to sync drop it when we were rolling with 6. Although likely we wouldn't have been matched because her average team elo was like 1000 vs our 1400.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

git gud

http://i.imgur.com/8f2HN2Y.gifv

and git fuked

http://i.imgur.com/gTbtCLn.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
xzzy: hammer bro chasing me
wrecks: come outside

https://www.twitch.tv/wrecksboxone/v/115592049

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Monday_ posted:

Last night I got a Saladin's with Linear, Reinforced Barrel, Single Point Sling and Life Support.

Bummer :smith: Rifled Barrel is necessary there as it trades range for reload speed whereas Reinforced Barrel drops the stability, which really cannot take a hit.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

cvnvcnv posted:

Bummer :smith: Rifled Barrel is necessary there as it trades range for reload speed whereas Reinforced Barrel drops the stability, which really cannot take a hit.

I don't play a lot of PVP anyway but it was melting poo poo in heroics. One shotting precursor minotaurs with full shields.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Monday_ posted:

I don't play a lot of PVP anyway but it was melting poo poo in heroics. One shotting precursor minotaurs with full shields.

Oh, pve you're straight. Just hit the broadside of the barn, burn the world down.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That PDX roll at the gunsmith :discourse:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That PDX roll at the gunsmith :discourse:

:same:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I've held onto that package a long time for that roll

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So what do you do with your emblems once your light level exceeds the gear you can buy from vendors (350)?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You mean marks? I generally buy resources from the vanguard robot in the hangar. If I don't need any for upgrades (ie, got more than 200 materials) I dump them into a faction for reputation.

Other than that, buy IB armor from the vendor because it's all really high rolls for the stats.

xzzy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 18, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Gamble on primary or secondary purples from the cryptarch. It's how I've gotten two dozen antipodal hindsights and one outlaw/rifled/hh palindrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

heh

http://i.imgur.com/uh1iwoF.gifv

edit: yeah im MLG

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 18, 2017

• Locked thread