Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine taking four months to realise what was going on, gently caress sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

vermin posted:

Him and Chewbacca spend the first half of the movie really drunk or really high.

People remember Han as a cool guy scoundrel with a heart of gold and tend to forget that he was also bumbling comic relief.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

People remember Han as a cool guy scoundrel with a heart of gold and tend to forget that he was also bumbling comic relief.

Yea I saw a lot of weird hot takes right after TFA about it being "too funny" or having "modern humor" in it, which is not Star Wars and all I could think of was Han's hilarious "We're fine...how are you?" line from ANH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjEpLoL0ls

"Oh no, humor!" - idiots

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The difference is Han was actually funny. TFA when it was trying to be funny just went from cringey to actively painful.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

The difference is Han was actually funny. TFA when it was trying to be funny just went from cringey to actively painful.

Disagree. Finn and Poe are both very funny, and the BB-8 thumbs-up thing had my entire theater dying laughing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Disagree. Finn and Poe are both very funny, and the BB-8 thumbs-up thing had my entire theater dying laughing.

The rabbit pooping in the Secret Life of Pets did the same.

But I digress, the Han Solo name origin is real.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Wampa I won't besmirch this holy thread but know that I'm assembling a wicker man and I'm gonna light it on fire and pretend it was your entire theater.

naem
May 29, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Yea I saw a lot of weird hot takes right after TFA about it being "too funny" or having "modern humor" in it, which is not Star Wars and all I could think of was Han's hilarious "We're fine...how are you?" line from ANH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjEpLoL0ls

"Oh no, humor!" - idiots

We definitely don't have a Harrison ford in any of these movies, we aren't going to have any moments like that

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i laughed at the thumbs up but maybe it was because i needed something to do and also i have a kind nature.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

Wampa I won't besmirch this holy thread but know that I'm assembling a wicker man and I'm gonna light it on fire and pretend it was your entire theater.

Ah, yes, joyless goonism quickly takes over. It's not like I said we were watching Big Bang Theory, it's a funny little moment.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Call it what you want :colbert:

Just don't call it Max Landis.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oh! I just thought of something! The goons who like posting about Jessie's stomach must also end their days with a tums festival.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

naem posted:

We definitely don't have a Harrison ford in any of these movies, we aren't going to have any moments like that

It's amazing how charismatic he is when he's in a movie he gives a poo poo about.

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

EVERY DAY ENDS WITH A TUMS FESTIVAL

lololololol hey guys a TUMS FESTIVAL

loololllollololo is it funny yet????? :regd08:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Ron Howard was very accepting of the idea that there's a more handsome, charismatic, and roguish smuggler in the galaxy, named Dash Rendar, who will teach Han Solo everything he knows

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

CAN U FEEL IT YEAH posted:

lololololol

loololllollololo

poo poo, did we just pass the fun/lame line? I'm always looking away when it happens.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's amazing how charismatic he is when he's in a movie he gives a poo poo about.

- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Temple of Doom
- Last Crusade
- The Mosquito Coast
- A New Hope
- The Empire Strikes Back

Am I missing any?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The devils own

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Apocalypse Now?!!!

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Apocalypse Now?!!!

i'm busy now, how about later?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Castor Poe posted:

- Temple of Doom
- Last Crusade
- The Mosquito Coast
- A New Hope

Am I missing any?

he didn't kill his wife. get off his plane

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Firewall was good, had a very accurate depiction of cybersecurity and lots of tension

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I remember nothing from Force Awakens. I think there was a funny droid.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

I remember nothing from Force Awakens. I think there was a funny droid.

Every time I see a post like this, I worry for the memory issues many many goons seem to have.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I remember The Force Awakens and it was fine and adequate!

I still don't remember more than two things about Guardians of the Galaxy though, I remember Chris Pine like dancing around to a mix tape and Michael Rooker with a metal rod and telekinesis. And I think that poo poo was in the trailer so there's literally nothing in the rest of the actual movie that I remember.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I remember nothing. Period

please send help

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Fartbox posted:

I remember nothing. Period

please send help

Black stormtrooper spergs out and pretends to be cool to get an English waif scavenger to like him. A nerd worships his grandpa and takes orders from a mysterious burn victim. Harrison Ford is old and has a different ship for like two minutes. Orange African grandma Yoda says mysterious things while flashbacks happen. The Death Star blows up, grandpa worshipper kills Ford, cameos from nerd icons everywhere, and Mark Hamill makes a cameo at the end that goes on for way too long.

What was the deal with the map? Luke left pieces of a star map of the planet he was staying on? Couldn't they narrow it down from the pieces they didn't have? "I guess he's in the missing chunk. Here's all the habitable planets. Oh look, this one's significant to the Jedi." He only wanted the rebel alliance to find it, right? How did the rebel alliance find the map pieces anyway, did he give it to them? Why didn't he follow R2D2 back to the Rebel Alliance if he wanted them to find him? Is he stranded there or just hanging out?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

He just wanted to get the girl alone on a remote island

you know

for the implication

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

force awakens was funny sorry goons. han had a bunch of funny bits.

still cant get over them still making prequels. they all suck rear end.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Fartbox posted:

He just wanted to get the girl alone on a remote island

you know

for the implication

That seems really darkside.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I, too, take roofies before every movie I see.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I cannot say in an open setting whether I saw Tusk in theaters

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Prequels were funny.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FrensaGeran posted:

I cannot say in an open setting whether I saw Tusk in theaters

Release the tapes FrensaGeran!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Prequels were funny.

This combined with your last post makes me think you need to see a brain doctor asap.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Release the tapes FrensaGeran!

I lied about the tapes to get you to post more about me checkmate i win

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Castor Poe posted:

- Temple of Doom
- Last Crusade
- The Mosquito Coast
- A New Hope

Am I missing any?

Witness.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

FrensaGeran posted:

Firewall was good, had a very accurate depiction of cybersecurity and lots of tension

hm. I bought a copy of that for like 3 dollars when hollywood video went out of business and I never watched it.
I'll check it out.

oh and if it sucks? I'm killing myself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

I remember The Force Awakens and it was fine and adequate!

I still don't remember more than two things about Guardians of the Galaxy though, I remember Chris Pine like dancing around to a mix tape and Michael Rooker with a metal rod and telekinesis. And I think that poo poo was in the trailer so there's literally nothing in the rest of the actual movie that I remember.

this is weird because both gotg are the best of the current crop of superhero films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cubone posted:

he didn't kill his wife. get off his plane

Part time!

• Locked thread