Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
What's this? The community asking for a big buff to Xul's skeletons? Let's nerf them instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I don't know why, but apparently junkrat's russian name is a portmanteau of "rat" and "handsome". He's pretty hot, I won't lie, but that just seems weird.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

John Murdoch posted:

Surprise patch! Voice chat, more Maiev nerfs, predictable Malthael nerfs (with a Tormented Souls buff), Sonya nerfs back in, small buffs to Thrall, Tyrande, and Zeratul, and....nerfing Xul's split push power and buffing his direct fighting. :riot:
Malth nerfs are harsh but fair. Reddit says his level 13 now increases Q healing from heroes to 4.75% of their health.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zhulik posted:

I don't know why, but apparently junkrat's russian name is a portmanteau of "rat" and "handsome". He's pretty hot, I won't lie, but that just seems weird.

hunkrat

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Midnightghoul posted:

What's this? The community asking for a big buff to Xul's skeletons? Let's nerf them instead

On the other hand, 2 seconds off Bone Prison's CD ain't bad.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

I could actually totally see someone typo-ing "hunkrat" into google translate and then just rolling with it forever to save face.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Midnightghoul posted:

Honestly after his rework it already seemed like they were pushing him away from double pushing lanes and more into the fray with all of the new W talents. But at this point I think the problem is that his kit is just too drat boring and awkward, possibly because the guaranteed nature of his E eats up too much power budget.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Malth nerfs are harsh but fair. Reddit says his level 13 now increases Q healing from heroes to 4.75% of their health.

Base Q bonus healing got bumped from 3 to 4%. I never realized that talent was such a comparatively small boost.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They should go back to launch Xul: a fantastic lane pusher AND a capable dueler! :shepface:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why play Xul when you can play Gazlowe...

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

No Wave posted:

Why play Xul when you can play Gazlowe...

Self Respect? Gazlowe is a goblin, if you didn't realize.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

fargom posted:

Self Respect? Gazlowe is a goblin, if you didn't realize.

I believe he asked why you shouldn't play as Gazlowe, not why you should.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Somebody order a one-man wrecking crew?

I hope non-gaz players still at least acknowledge that the announcer is dope.

quote:

We’ve also added a new reporting option called Abusive Voice that you can use to report players specifically for misbehavior over voice. Additionally, we’ve implemented a voice silence penalty that’s separate from chat silence penalties. This means that players who are frequently reported for Abusive Voice can receive a voice silence, which will prevent them from speaking in team voice for the duration of that penalty. They can, however, still join the team voice channel to listen to allied comms, and can still join and use the party voice channel normally.

Good.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It's all still easily-abused automated garbage, which means it's going to do nothing for actual abusive shitheads and be used as a cudgel against people who don't want to be harassed in voice chat, just like everyone predicted it was going to be.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The problem with Xul is that once it's time to stop soaking lanes and start doing teamfight things, he's not that great unless every engagement turns into a stand-and-fight slugfest because he's a melee bruiser without a movement skill. IMO Xul could use the Kharazim treatment where his Trait is decided at Level 1, choosing from Bone Armor, Skellymens, and Bone Spear, with all three being fueled by minion death in some way.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
He's good at roaming and getting picks if you've got someone else coming along with him. Xul+Chromie is a combo that just wrecks people at lower levels. But yeah he really doesn't bring much to a team fight besides his root.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

@Vikings chat: Way back when I saved two effortposts from this thread about the Vikings. I don't have the link to Olaf's original post anymore but the credit goes to him. Note that this was way before even 2.0 so some of that stuff may not apply anymore. However the Vikings have changed so little over time that this is still useful guidance in my opinion:

Hey, this is from like the last thread, I'm honored. It's also from like 1.5 years ago from when they were the undisputed best hero in the game for like 2 years straight, I don't roll that build anymore really.

I spammed vikings into QM for like 1600 games back in the day, but now with so many counter heroes like tracer and genji in the mix, and so many niche heroes that could all get picked into a QM comp, they're just too niche to be reliable for QM, even for me the former vikings one-trick. I felt like every time I queued I'd have to watch the initial 5 second countdown and disconnect if my team wasn't all meta and sustainy heroes or I would be favored for a loss.

Also if you are vikings and your team even slightly begins to lose, expect a 4 man dogpile of tilt to fall onto your head.

Olaf The Stout fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 21, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

BrianBoitano posted:

Somebody order a one-man wrecking crew?

I hope non-gaz players still at least acknowledge that the announcer is dope.

I pretty much only ever use a combo of Gazlowe, Junkrat, and Alarak announcers, though I snagged the Mecha Tyrael announcer from a lootbox and stuck it on D.Va for maximum mecha.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kai Tave posted:

I pretty much only ever use a combo of Gazlowe, Junkrat, and Alarak announcers, though I snagged the Mecha Tyrael announcer from a lootbox and stuck it on D.Va for maximum mecha.

I flip-flop between Gazlowe and Brightwing depending on my mood, but I'm going full-time on Alarak once I scrape together another 600 triangles for it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

anyone know who the next hero is going to be? im guessing a poo poo overwatch character who will make the game less fun to play, but i'd like to think they'll add another one of the Prime Evils at some point

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Kyrosiris posted:

It's all still easily-abused automated garbage, which means it's going to do nothing for actual abusive shitheads and be used as a cudgel against people who don't want to be harassed in voice chat, just like everyone predicted it was going to be.

Are you saying that people who don't want to use voice chat will get reported and have their voice chat turned off?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

juggalo baby coffin posted:

anyone know who the next hero is going to be? im guessing a poo poo overwatch character who will make the game less fun to play, but i'd like to think they'll add another one of the Prime Evils at some point

I think we’re at the end of the leaks, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see another Diablo angel or demon. Izual? Imperius? gently caress, maybe Ghom.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Trag'oul's essence? Nooooo...

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Marius from Diablo 2.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Imagine being one of the peons as blizzard that has to listen to reported voice chat sessions every day :smithicide:

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
As someone who read chat logs for Blizzard for about 6 years, it's great. At the end of every racist/homophobic rant, you get to personally ensure that the rear end in a top hat responsible takes a vacation from the game for 24/48/72 hours/forever. The only change I would hope for voice chat moderation is some good volume modulation software.

Edit: I would kill for Deckard Cain. Give him some of The Archivist abilities.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Deckard Cain is another no brainer announcer cmon Blizz wtf are you doing?!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
And John Cena and Zoltan Kuul

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ToastyPotato posted:

hes killed halfway through every line he says and replaced by a butterfly witch

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ToastyPotato posted:

They used him for the treasure goblin event when Battlefield of Eternity launched and then... nothing.

Also, the golden rooster mount can no longer be purchased? What the hell, Blizzard, I want a golden cock!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 22, 2018

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Mierenneuker posted:

They used him for the treasure goblin event when Battlefield of Eternity launched and then... nothing.

Also, the golden rooster mount can no longer be purchased? What the hell, Blizzard, I want a golden cock!

My biggest HOTS regret of all time is not jumping on the moneypig when it was around.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ToastyPotato posted:

reinhardt Reinhardt REINHARDT

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

The Azmodunk skin had a kill reference for Imperius on release and I think late last year in one of the updates some more files related to him were datamined, so he may show up soon. Also, it feels like it's been over a year since the lead hero designer canvassed Reddit for opinions on exactly what a Deckard Cain hero should do (I think he admitted they didn't really know what to focus on) so he's possibly been in the pipeline long enough now to appear sometime this year.

But as always, you never know. A bunch of heroes (only Samuro comes to mind at the moment) had models and other files back in alpha and it took them years to actually appear in the game. The only prediction I'm going to make for this year is Anduin, probably around the time the new WoW expansion is released (so maybe around August). I want to say it's been over a year since they said they were re-evaluating their approach to multi-class heroes in the wake of everything that was Varian, and Anduin would be a good thematic choice for their second multi-class hero.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Deckard Cain’s ultimate is to target another player, pause the game, and replay the chat screen of their most reported racist chat tirade. He globally utters “stay awhile and listen” before the cast finishes.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Voice chat is good. It's one more step removed from total anonymity, so it encourages good behavior. I just had an unranked match and there was a duo on my team who got in voice chat. We were able to coordinate better, sure, but more importantly, we encouraged each other after bad plays, and we rallied for a sweet comeback, it was awesome.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Voice chat is good. It's one more step removed from total anonymity, so it encourages good behavior.

I want to live in whatever alternate universe you live in.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
next character will be Kloctus.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Finally, a character to use against those OP double support Novathur comps.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Kyrosiris posted:

He's right. I like discord because I can't be held accountable in game by blizzard for verbal abuse.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Kyrosiris posted:

It was really weird today to watch Grubby's stream and everyone was so well behaved in voice chat, even in games his team got stomped. Another streamer, who is trans, just outright stopped playing the game today, because she ( probably rightly so ) feared that she would just get harassed nonstop.

Voice chat is good, but it's one of those tools that comes with great responsibilities that Blizzard has to handle and for some reason I don't think they will, or even care to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

skipThings posted:

Another streamer, who is trans, just outright stopped playing the game today, because she ( probably rightly so ) feared that she would just get harassed nonstop.
I'm guessing ferociouslysteph? When I've watched Faye she has shown incredible patience even when asked extremely stupid questions about her gender and sexuality.