Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The problem is the fishing in this game loving sucks and they don't even mark fishing points on the map! gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If Arlecchino isn't a world boss I'm gonna be shocked.

delfin posted:

I get that? But I already have a Cryo Claymore character that I'm not using in Chongyun, and I'm out of quests so I can only count on getting a pity 5* every couple of banners, and when I did Eula's story quest she was insufferable.

Also hit a point this weekend that I'd been dreading -- I used up my stash of weapon exp mats to the point where I have to go farming Crystal Shards again. Granted, it's a lot easier now than in the old days because the Chasm exists, but still. This will be a test of my faith.

Oh that wasn't directed at just you, that was for the thread in general. Get Eula now or never see her for another 7 years. If you're not doing so already, make sure that you're sending people out on expeditions.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

RareAcumen posted:

If Arlecchino isn't a world boss I'm gonna be shocked.

Oh that wasn't directed at just you, that was for the thread in general. Get Eula now or never see her for another 7 years. If you're not doing so already, make sure that you're sending people out on expeditions.

It's fine Scara and Childe are bosses and they are playable, it won't happen again Mihoyo surely won't hurt me again, right?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I like the jazz, too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

It's fine Scara and Childe are bosses and they are playable, it won't happen again Mihoyo surely won't hurt me again, right?

Yeah I'm saying if they don't make her one too with how she's been set up so far I'll be surprised.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

I like the jazz, too.

This OST could be the greatest yet, and that’s… astounding

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot

kaaj posted:

Just checked and I don’t have Layla. These are the chars I have.

https://ibb.co/DRp6379
https://ibb.co/52RNbnF
https://ibb.co/frXDpnM

(sorry, should have added the links with the original post.)

Everyone gets a free Layla with the summer event mate

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I had to keep pausing that trailer for fondue because I wasn't sure if it was really genshin impact or not. Looks neat

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tampa Bae posted:

I had to keep pausing that trailer for fondue because I wasn't sure if it was really genshin impact or not. Looks neat

Yeah, there's definitely a different vibe going on. We've been seeing drips of it since the beginning of the game, but Fontaine really does seem like it's operating in a different time than the rest of Teyvat so far.

Also, with Arlecchino talk, I remember seeing something a while back about her and Eula being related somehow. Is that just fan speculation because of the similar hairstyles, or is there actually anything to it?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

kaaj posted:

Just checked and I don’t have Layla. These are the chars I have.
(3 links)
An easier way to access and show all of your characters in one screencap for future reference can be found on Hoyolab (same place you do the daily check-in for a trickle of primos and mats):

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 3, 2023

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

FiftyFour posted:

Everyone gets a free Layla with the summer event mate

Oh I didn't know that! I'm just reading about Layla and I may even give her a go, testing both in Ganyu and Hu Tao team then.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, there's definitely a different vibe going on. We've been seeing drips of it since the beginning of the game, but Fontaine really does seem like it's operating in a different time than the rest of Teyvat so far.

Also, with Arlecchino talk, I remember seeing something a while back about her and Eula being related somehow. Is that just fan speculation because of the similar hairstyles, or is there actually anything to it?

Some lore bits that may point to them being distant relatives, no direct references just speculation based on Lawrence Clan background and Pale Flame Set stuff.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Anyone else get the vibe that the little girl is based on a sea slug?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally, guns in Genshin

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I know everyone keeps saying "this game is so easy you could do it with the worst team naked" but I'd rather just be doing as much damage as I can instead of using weaker characters.

Current team is Dendero Traveler/Kirara/Barbara/Jean. I've got no other 5 Star characters, just a Wolf's Gravestone from standard banner and a guaranteed banner character on my next pull with only ~10 wishes in so I should probably decide on which of the four banner characters this patch I should prioritize as main DPS. Probably Eula because of the Wolf's Gravestone or Wanderer because he's just generally good?

I really want to keep a bloom team because I like Kirara a lot and the damage is nuts but I don't have any other hydro characters so I'm stuck with Barbara but tbh the Kirara/Barbara bloom bus seems like more than enough. Closest things I've got to DPS is a C4 Heizou who I can't level yet because I'm not in Inazuma and a C3 Chongyun

Would a decent replacement be Heizou + Kirara + Barbara + flex (Probably Chongyun or Ninguang since I hate switching character for ore)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eula is usable but she runs into issues a lot especially in challenge content. She's a good character but physical damage is undersupported so she can struggle with certain bosses and mechanics, and in general she hogs a ton of field time. That said, if you want Extremely Large Numbers, she makes the biggest ones in the game.

Wanderer is solid but hes not insanely strong on his own, hes more a character that works well with supports and also is extremely good at world travel. That said Bennett/Xingqiu/etc help him a lot so you might be waiting a tick to get his best support options.

Heizou + Kirara + Barbara is a solid enough core though if you want the most optimal team I'd recommend an electro unit in the 4th slot. Kuki would be ideal but literally anyone is fine, including Lisa. Hyperbloom is extremely good.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

yeah well the problem with all those theoretically teams when you don't have any intentions of spending money and you're on a new account is that you're stuck with what you've got so if I go with Heizou then it'll be either Lisa or someone who can mine ore. The likelihood I get a random Bennett, XQ or Kuki off banner is probably low and idk when they'll be back in the shop but on a naked account it seems better to just start rolling for broke instead of saving 34 or whatever thingies

I'm not worried about challenge content or farming the perfect artifacts since there's still hundreds of hours of stuff to catch up on for me and by that time a new region will be out too

Still cannot figure out how to use Lisa in any meaningful way outside of just using her ult when it's up. Will just check on artifact sets I should prio on Heizou

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Another consideration is upgrade mats. Wanderer needs inazuma drops and sumeru bosses/domains for upgrade materials while Eula is mostly mondstat stuff but her boss is in dragonspine. You can run to sumeru/dragonspine but the inazuma stuff might be a blocker depending on your story progress. My eula can put out big punchy numbers even with her normals but yeah physical is not in a great place especially if you're starved for characters. To be honest the next banner is kind of bad in general, Mika is probably the only 4* character that is actually useless (razor is a decent electro carry + can break rocks, Thoma can work as a shielder and burgeon enabler). If you can tolerate it I would advise skipping.

Edit: wait you've got a ganyu, hu tao, al, ZL, and a bunch of other stuff? Did you switch accounts or something

Xun fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 3, 2023

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

Eula is usable but she runs into issues a lot especially in challenge content. She's a good character but physical damage is undersupported so she can struggle with certain bosses and mechanics, and in general she hogs a ton of field time. That said, if you want Extremely Large Numbers, she makes the biggest ones in the game.

Wanderer is solid but hes not insanely strong on his own, hes more a character that works well with supports and also is extremely good at world travel. That said Bennett/Xingqiu/etc help him a lot so you might be waiting a tick to get his best support options.

Heizou + Kirara + Barbara is a solid enough core though if you want the most optimal team I'd recommend an electro unit in the 4th slot. Kuki would be ideal but literally anyone is fine, including Lisa. Hyperbloom is extremely good.

Kirara and barbara together cannot sustain any real amount hyperbloom even with kiraras c4, just not enough off field procs and kirara is cooldown gated, Lisa's 80 cost ult that pushes enemies out of range would not help the issue. Too many characters who needs the field and heizou won't help here.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Since I'm logged in now here's the characters I have to work with, excluding freebies unless I have a constellation

Jean @ C0

Chongyun @ C3
Xiangling @ C1
Heizou @ C1
Yun Jin @ C0
Ninggaung @ C0
Layla @ C0
Yaoyao @ C0

I must have gaslit myself into thinking I was getting Heizou cons when it was just more Chongyun

As far as weapons go:
1x Northlander Sword Billet

Wolf's Gravestone x1
Prototype Archaic r1
Favonius Greatsword r1

The Widsith r1
Prototype Amber r1

Sword of Descension r1
Favonius Sword r1
Prototype Rancour r1
Lion's Roar r1

Wavebreaker's Fin r1
Dragonspine Spear r1

Sacrificial Bow r1
The Stringless r1
Favonius Warbow r1

I'm on the last step before getting to Inazuma so next session I play I can start farming mats from there. Not a lot of stuff to choose from on a f2p fresh account so what can I work with here? I'd still really prefer to stick with at least the Barbara/Kirara combo as long as possible since I like the playstyle and might as well use them until I hit friendship lvl 10 and max them out.

Seems like bad RNG rolls to me since I've got almost no synergy with anyone and too many Chongyun constellations

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AParadox posted:

Kirara and barbara together cannot sustain any real amount hyperbloom even with kiraras c4, just not enough off field procs and kirara is cooldown gated, Lisa's 80 cost ult that pushes enemies out of range would not help the issue. Too many characters who needs the field and heizou won't help here.
counterpoint: those three elements vaguely existing will probably create at least One hyperbloom, sometimes, so its still one of the best team comps in the game

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

wait a sec
Lynette is a catgirl? How did I not notice this before?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I like sea slugs so I will consider pulling for sea slug girl. Other than her, Neuvilette or however the gently caress is name is spelled, and maybe the archon. Other than that I don't really see any characters I'm interested in.

Time to save, I guess :confuoot:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

My current targets in order of hype :

Focalors
Arlecchino assuming they don't Signora her
Geo girl
the judge dude

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I engage with the story of genshin through whats in the game, without going into reading in-game books (or scrolling through voice lines in the character profiles). So quests, events and so on. As a result I have no loving clue who any of those people in that trailer are, except the one newspaper lady from the last event. Which one is the hydro archon? I'm really hoping its not the boring seeming dude who is sat on the chair.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

SiKboy posted:

I engage with the story of genshin through whats in the game, without going into reading in-game books (or scrolling through voice lines in the character profiles). So quests, events and so on. As a result I have no loving clue who any of those people in that trailer are, except the one newspaper lady from the last event. Which one is the hydro archon? I'm really hoping its not the boring seeming dude who is sat on the chair.

It's the girl whining about how boring everything is.

whoops that should probably be spoiled, mea culpa.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 3, 2023

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I don't think we are supposed to know who is who at this point.

The hydro blue haired girl, Arlecchino(if playable) and Geo Mary Poppins are my priority. Wouldn't mind getting the blind? dude, electro gun girl and the Judge but I'm really low on primos.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 3, 2023

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Leraika posted:

It's the girl whining about how boring everything is.

whoops that should probably be spoiled, mea culpa.

Cool, at least its not the no-fun-allowed guy, thanks.. I've currently got about 125 wishes saved, my next 5* is a guarantee for the on-banner. Think I'll wait for the archon at this point. Just from gut instinct from the trailer the gun girl seems cool, but has distinct 4* vibes (the dude shes walking behind will be 5*, shes his Kujo Sara/Thoma/Gorou is my prediction). Hopefully the Archon is early in the Fontaine patch cycle, feels like I've not wished on a banner in a while.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The most important thing is we got drip marketing of The loving Bell.

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1675812602562191362?t=Kfre2BSvKK0UMdp922EUYw&s=19

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
If we can't glide around with Geo Poppins's umbrella I am going to be very disappointed

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

haypliss posted:

The most important thing is we got drip marketing of The loving Bell.

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1675812602562191362?t=Kfre2BSvKK0UMdp922EUYw&s=19

What's the over/under that The Bell still sucks for this guy?

I still like Lyney/Lynette's magician shtick. I hope their move sets are all in on that theme.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MajorBonnet posted:

What's the over/under that The Bell still sucks for this guy?

I still like Lyney/Lynette's magician shtick. I hope their move sets are all in on that theme.

If he were fully HP scaling it wouldn't be awful, as an HP sub weapon with DMG bonus, but you need a shielder and are still competing against SS or Rainslasher and Fav. Reeds and Redhorn could be considerations too.

If he's really a 4* that's disappointing since I have a guarantee I don't want to waste yet...

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I saw a list of the English VAs and the wolf dude went from "ehhhh..." to "must pull" for me based on having Joe Zieja cast as the VA.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Clorinde, Arlecchino, Furina, Mary Poppins, The Judge, Charlotte, Lynette and Wriothesley (provided they don't do him like a Disney Twisted Wonderland character, I don't know he's looking a lot less goofy in the trailer) all kind of have my attention in that order.

They'd kind of be nuts not to make Arlecchino wishable somehow, particularly after Signora. I don't know how that's gonna work cause she seems pretty evil at first glance, but then I didn't think Raiden and Scaramouche would have redeemable sides either going into Inazuma and Sumeru.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Space Opera posted:

I saw a list of the English VAs and the wolf dude went from "ehhhh..." to "must pull" for me based on having Joe Zieja cast as the VA.

I'll post the Japanese cast and a couple of their popular roles for people that play on that language settings as well:

Freminet——Shunichii Toki (Kazutora Hanemiya in Tokyo Revengers)
Egeria (????) —— Sayuri Yahagi (Shimoda in The Quintessential Quintuplets)
Lynney —— Hiro Shimono (Alear in Fire Emblem Engage, Rex in Xenoblade Saga)
Lynette ——篠原侑 Yu Sasara (Kirin in Gunvolt Chronicles, Emilico in Shadows House)
Navina (Mary Poppins)—— Aki Toyosaki ( Yui Hirasawa in K-On, Caroline/Justine in Persona 5)
Charlotte——Azumi Waki (Don't really need to go over this one since we've known this one for a couple months now)
Wriothesley —— Daisuke Ono (Jing Yuan in Honkai Star Rail, Jotaro Kujo in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
Sigewinne (Slug Girl)—— Hina Kino (Hortensia in Fire Emblem Engage, Griseo in Honkai Impact 3rd)
Clorinde —— Yui Ishikawa (Stelle in Honkai Star Rail, 2B In Nier Automata)
Arlecchino ——Nanako Mori (Again know this one for over a year now)
Furina—— Inori Minase (Rem in Re:Zero, Hestia in Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon)
Freminet——Hiroshi Kamiya (Tiera Erde in Gundam 00, Trafalgar Law in One Piece)

An interesting combination of mostly A-listers with a few newbies in there as well. I'll admit I have no frame of reference for either who Egeria is in the trailer or really her VA. Kind of had to go scrapping to find anything she's been in more than once as an example of her voice, but no frame of reference there either.

e: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/14p98y3/japanese_va_for_fontaine_line_up_and_their/

Gah outdone by a reddit post. I have to admit this guy did it better with the graphics and reference images of the characters those people have voiced.

e2: Interestingly according to twitter trends in Japan the big hits of the trailer were Furina (makes sense), but surprisingly also Freminet. In general it kind of dominated the entire trends list over there for July 3rd despite Elon doing his best to kill the service and limit it's right, or maybe as a result of it who knows.

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 3, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Fontaine chars are largely miss to me but there's a few gems. Arlecchino is obviously on top of the list and no one is even close to her. Clorinde was close before the trailer but her having a gun made her way less interesting to me than her earlier design. I hope she still has her funnels. I want the archon solely off archon, her character is what I expected and that's a very meh from me but gotta pull archons.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Eimi posted:

Fontaine chars are largely miss to me but there's a few gems. Arlecchino is obviously on top of the list and no one is even close to her. Clorinde was close before the trailer but her having a gun made her way less interesting to me than her earlier design. I hope she still has her funnels. I want the archon solely off archon, her character is what I expected and that's a very meh from me but gotta pull archons.

Yeah, now that I have my perfect hyperbloom team, all I care about is looks/personality and Arlecchino is everything.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
They're really pushing the limit with those anti-twink laws in these Fontaine designs

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

For me it makes her a little bit more interesting. We've had plenty of sword wielding characters by now, why not a gun/catalyst or whatever is going on there. This also looks like it's going to be only the first batch of characters as well most likely that are heavily involved in the Archon Quest. Every arc of the story has basically added inretroactively introduced new characters after the initial teasers, who they kind of just pretended existed all along after the patch they were released with. There's probably going to be double this amount this time next year.

Furina/Focalors personality was so easy to predict from in game flavor text and her design leaking that fan art was depicting her as a bratty privileged type months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

For me it makes her a little bit more interesting. We've had plenty of sword wielding characters by now, why not a gun/catalyst or whatever is going on there. This also looks like it's going to be only the first batch of characters as well most likely that are heavily involved in the Archon Quest. Every arc of the story has basically added inretroactively introduced new characters after the initial teasers, who they kind of just pretended existed all along after the patch they were released with. There's probably going to be double this amount this time next year.

Furina/Focalors personality was so easy to predict from in game flavor text and her design leaking that fan art was depicting her as a bratty privileged type months ago.

I am shocked they didn't get Lynn to voice her though.