Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Hello I went down a weird scale model painter youtuber rabbit hole and ended up with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Needed a break from painting Night Lords, so I took a crack at a big, stinky boy:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Tommunist posted:

Hello I went down a weird scale model painter youtuber rabbit hole and ended up with this.

Excellent

HeavingGirth posted:

Needed a break from painting Night Lords, so I took a crack at a big, stinky boy:

Also excellent

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Another video by Cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr1le2BXnOY

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

lovely model content on this page

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Im gay here's brother ancient endman. Gravaton gun is a WIP.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Oh yeah, nice work. Let's keep this robutt train movin!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Very nice Mr spag

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Your army is going to be disappointed when they find out I have no idea how graviton works

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Endman posted:

Your army is going to be disappointed when they find out I have no idea how graviton works

Considering I spent half a hour debating heat effects on the gun not realising gravatons are not a high heat thing, you wouldn't be alone.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
I made a Champion. Next up is some buddies to teleport into battle with him.

I decided to try to give him a faded prison tattoo, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Big fan of the chain dreadlocks

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Yeah that guy is great

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

@Xutech @endman @adwang come to the dumb castle event imo

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Tommunist posted:

@Xutech @endman @adwang come to the dumb castle event imo

Are you going? Macca's pretty keen to get me there I just have to work out how, have money, travel strange distances etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing him and cat in a few weeks, just got to work out how to trick him into deploying his fleet on our massive BFH board (battlefleet heresy).

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

xutech posted:

Are you going? Macca's pretty keen to get me there I just have to work out how, have money, travel strange distances etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing him and cat in a few weeks, just got to work out how to trick him into deploying his fleet on our massive BFH board (battlefleet heresy).

Yeah picked up tickets for me and a ton of the Vic boiz

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
First half of a 6 bike squad of estocs done!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
been a while since i looked at any of this poo poo, have they really discontinued like half of the 30k models?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

been a while since i looked at any of this poo poo, have they really discontinued like half of the 30k models?

There's more plastics in the pipeline inshallah. There's also 30k killteam, battlefleet, epic, and titanicus.

Between fanmade content, events, local games and 3d printing, I've never been happier in my hobby.

I guess that removing resin models might feel like they're cutting the game back, and that is true in a sense, but I would say that buying things isn't the hobby. There's plenty of stuff you can scratch build and custom from bits and 3rd party.

It seems that the refocus to the siege on Terra will be a way for geedub to rebuild the heresy, in the same way that the initial mess of necromunda became the good game it is today.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Edit: wrong 40k thread I'm dumb as poo poo.
Edit 2: wait, there's 30k kill team? Or just use the models as proxies?

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jul 4, 2021

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
There's a fan-made Kill Team supplement for 30k floating around out there. Same for Shadow War, if that's your particular flavor.

30k also has Victory is Vengeance, where you just pick a bunch of models you like and bash em together in units however you want. Toss a couple Seekers in with those Tac marines, whatever. The theme is less "spec ops doing a job" and more "the poor sods who survived the battle and need to care about both the mission objectives and ammo conservation," though. It was originally designed to game the aftermath of the Dropsite Massacre.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Yeah, Victory of Vengeance is in no way an official spinoff, just a kill team flavored mode from on of the early red books.

The official support is still very spotty because FW is FW and as such terrible at planning and communication.

That said, the bigs cuts happened in 2018 and we've had a steady-ish trickle of new units since.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i should have bought those wretched sehkmet when i was thinking about it two years ago or whatever. drat.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
This thread even made a fairly high quality expansion to victory is vengeance called tactical-strike plus.

https://tacticalstrike.powerfisted.com

The pdf is made in the style of the redbooks/black books it’s neat.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Ghazk posted:

First half of a 6 bike squad of estocs done!

I'll never play this game but I like looking at the models and seeing reports. Those look great!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

ilmucche posted:

I'll never play this game but I like looking at the models and seeing reports. Those look great!

Play the good game nerd

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tommunist posted:

Play the good game nerd

This isn't the battletech thread though????

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

TTerrible posted:

This isn't the battletech thread though????

I stand by my comment

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Battletech 30(50)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You should play tac strike, its good and fun

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Finally took glamour shots of my IH Recon Company

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Shoulder meltas and Shattered Legion buddies :discourse:

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Cawl: Whew. Imperial Regent, I hope you're ready to see the Iron Hands successors

Guilliman: I thought you said you were making Imperial Fist successors?

Cawl: D'oh, no. I said Iron Warriors. That's what I call Iron Hands

Guilliman: You call Iron Hands Iron Warriors?

Cawl: Yes. It's a regional dialect.

Guilliman: Uh-huh. Uh, what region?

Cawl: Uh, Medusa IV

Guilliman: Really. Well, I crusaded in Segmentum Obscurus, and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "Iron Warriors "

Cawl: Oh, not in Segmentum Obscurus. No. It's a Thule Sector expression.

Guilliman: I see. You know, these Iron Hands are quite similar to the ones they had at Olympia.

Cawl: Oh, no. Patented Cawl Iron Hands. Old mechanicus recipe

Guilliman: For Iron Hands

Cawl: Yes.

Guilliman: Yes. And you call them Iron Hands despite the fact that they are iron rather than black, and have bronze legion insignia?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

outstanding work Ghazk!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Space Marines.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Can't stop, won't stop.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Ghazk posted:

Metal boiz are great. Very Nice, as usual.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Argels Talishly

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Perfect anime boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
FYI, I fixed the shoulderpad on the dual sword guy. How come you always notice the bad stuff when you already took the picture???