Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I hope you guys take slacks having 5k mmr as a personal challenge for self improvement, I only need 500 more mmr to right this wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

steakmancer posted:

I hope you guys take slacks having 5k mmr as a personal challenge for self improvement, I only need 500 more mmr to right this wrong

being positive and letting your core go ham goes a long way.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
im a 9k mmr toxic player.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
If Slacks moved to Europe he'd be 7k.

I'll see myself out

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So why did Clockwork drop out of the meta? I saw him today and realized wow, I haven't seen him picked in ages in either pro or pub matches.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

So why did Clockwork drop out of the meta? I saw him today and realized wow, I haven't seen him picked in ages in either pro or pub matches.

Nobody has the talent to land hookshot anymore. Same reason Pudge is out of the meta.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

The existence of Hurricane Pike means that you can buy a force staff to counter him and still not have to worry about scaling.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Peanut President posted:

Nobody has the talent to land hookshot anymore. Same reason Pudge is out of the meta.

yeah no. clockwerk is out of the meta because offlaners need to be able to farm jungle these days or you just end up with a 4.5 position support that can initiate. iron talon turned a lot of offlaners into efficient farmers, unfortunately clock isn't one of them. there are some exceptions like nyx, but that hero is straight up great against the current meta picks, which clock once again isn't. clock also gets countered hard late game by new poo poo like hurricane pike, so both item builds as well as meta picks are not in clock's favor right now.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

his stuns suck in an age where everyone has 6 slots and a blink

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

steakmancer posted:

I've never been more determined. I just broke 4k and i'm ready to surpass slacks no matter what it takes

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Since the slacks challenge I have lost 100 mmr. I have recently purchased a rubber tube to fill the cabin of my car with its own exhaust.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

huh, funny how those numbers work out.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Siractionmeme

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
mister kerfuffle pants XD

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

Radical posted:

huh, funny how those numbers work out.

I remember when I was playing I decided to spam omni knight because of his win rate. I still got trashed. I don't know which is the worst support to be for getting blamed for losing the game, dazzle or omni?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

try playing about 900 more omni games and maybe you'll start winning Kappa

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

Siractionslacks hasn't even played an antimage game since 2013 wtf..

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Radical posted:

try playing about 900 more omni games and maybe you'll start winning Kappa

I would check my picks but then I might be tempted to hit the Play Dota button.

I played a poo poo load of omni games though.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got antimage twice in all random yesterday, it was really a good time to goge

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

You can be bad at Omni and lose with him. Honestly I think at this point given the recent streak he has been on its even fair to say that Slacks is an above average Omni player. But holy gently caress watch him play Nyx Assassin it's some 1k level poo poo.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Yeah he queued with purge so his mmr is way inflated but it's important to be motivated when climbing ranked!!

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

Wow. Lost a game yesterday. Shoulda practiced sir action slacks positive mental attitude and microphone encouraging when my team could not farm despite me being godlike on bane by 10 minutes while running from lane to lane. TIL. Woulda won. Thanks slacks.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Empire vs Vega.

G vs FNG

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
that fight wow gg

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Triggered posted:

I remember when I was playing I decided to spam omni knight because of his win rate. I still got trashed. I don't know which is the worst support to be for getting blamed for losing the game, dazzle or omni?

dazzle by far, mostly because carry players have no idea about the range of grave and will happily ping you from the other side of the map for not saving them

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Kaipis roster is tragic

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kaipi is crumbling. Fluff throws out one of the worst panic ults on a disruptor I've ever seen then every single member of kaipi feeds one by one.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Kaipis roster is tragic

Seriously, I love me some singsing but this is just wow

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people actually had expectations for kaipi lol

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I expect more from NP than I expect from Kaipi. Singsing's just doing the pro thing for shits at this point I think, he's not trying to make it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Radical posted:

lol of course not. We all saw what happened the moment PLD stopped standing in for them lmao

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
they keep saying triple kill for gogey

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

botany posted:

dazzle by far, mostly because carry players have no idea about the range of grave and will happily ping you from the other side of the map for not saving them

I think you are right, expecting you to put a point in grave for your first skill used to tilt me at the start of the game.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Radical posted:

Some people thought the team was good when they won a lot of games in a row conveniently forgetting that they had tier one players like PLD standing in for them in all those games.

then they got fluff and lol

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What's the best way to handle a duo safe lane? I assume the answer is don't, but I am getting so loving tired of being the only support in a game and being just abandoned by three other players and expected to keep my carry alive and farmed - if we have a decent matchup I can just about manage something that resembles zoning and pulling, but everyone in scrub tier runs duo offs, so i daren't leave my carry alone for longer than is a absolutely necessary, which obviously means I'm not rotating or warding much, if ever.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy poo poo both of these teams are so bad

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What's the best way to handle a duo safe lane? I assume the answer is don't, but I am getting so loving tired of being the only support in a game and being just abandoned by three other players and expected to keep my carry alive and farmed - if we have a decent matchup I can just about manage something that resembles zoning and pulling, but everyone in scrub tier runs duo offs, so i daren't leave my carry alone for longer than is a absolutely necessary, which obviously means I'm not rotating or warding much, if ever.

This is the pro dota thread fam.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
He's learning how to be pro. Step 1: play Yung Lean.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Holy poo poo both of these teams are so bad

This is the pro dota thread fam.

Is the non-pro one back yet?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Is the non-pro one back yet?

yeah go to town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

omniknight is the boringest hero to play.

• Locked thread