Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

pancake rabbit posted:

lol this one from yesterday gave me the nice jolt of crack ping i needed this morning

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2020/07/todays-blind-items-too-close-to-sun.html#disqus_thread

they talked about that on the chapo episode about eyes wide shut. sounds like it's been rumoured for a long time rather than being insider info though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

a month ago weren’t both ghislaine and dersh trying unsuccessfully to get the documents from the 2016 case destroyed? now one of the big charges against ghislaine is perjury? wouldn’t that be another good way to make it hard to charge anyone with the stuff from that case?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

pancake rabbit posted:

lol this one from yesterday gave me the nice jolt of crack ping i needed this morning

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2020/07/todays-blind-items-too-close-to-sun.html#disqus_thread

and that film was The Day The Clown Cried

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

why would tom cruise protect any outsider who knows about the workings of a secret society when that's the exact opposite of the MO of scientology

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

animist posted:

rates of childhood sexual abuse are horribly high in general, RAINN says it's 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 7 boys will experience some sort of sexual abuse before reaching adulthood, and only 1 in 10 of them will report it. so the urge may be more common than you think.

Y'all ever get the feeling only a few people are actually like humans capable of empathy, like we're a tiny band of recent mutants who see all of history and society as monstrous and tend to band together because of it? Like there's no humanity out there at large to save.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

inferis posted:

isn't the rumor specifically that rdj is one of the most informative commenters on there under the name himmmmm or something

himmmmm had a great twitter account. towards the end of 2019 he was publishing more and more skank on nickelodeon and dan schneider specifically. there were extremely strong links to various comcast and hollywood freaks, lots of schneider dirt and disturbibg pictures etc. himmmm went on the cdan podcast and hinted that he had schneider skank that was too skanky for public skank consumption without stronger verification. twitter was abuzz, it seemed rhat schneider was about to get got. then abruptly himmmm ditched the whole story, deleted all his schneider tweets, apologised to nick and schneider, accused enty lawyer of being a heartless scam artist and habitual liar, then deleted his entire web presence. rumours abound that he was threatened by powerful hollywood strange-Os, and not with a lawsuit if you catch my drift. i don't see RDJ folding like that, RDJ would probably go harder tbh.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

shovelbum posted:

Y'all ever get the feeling only a few people are actually like humans capable of empathy, like we're a tiny band of recent mutants who see all of history and society as monstrous and tend to band together because of it? Like there's no humanity out there at large to save.

occasionally

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

shovelbum posted:

yes and i find this hard to reconcile with my politics, it eats away at me tbh.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i know more "normal" people than idiot psychos so it rarely crosses my mind

what does make sense to me, though, is that people with power project themselves onto much of the world they build

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
the wealthy are just living out their childhood traumas like everyone else, except they have unlimited resources that amplify their worst tendencies

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

shovelbum posted:

often, and it's loving me up pretty bad

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

shovelbum posted:

yes, you have found the only humans capable of empathy. we cluster on the something awful forums and dirtbag left twitter.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

What's the code behind this. What does it mean????

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Don't forget, y'all, CDAN's blind reveal day is tomorrow! God bless our nation :allears:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2020/07/blind-item-9_2.html#disqus_thread

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

shovelbum posted:

not really

the reason sociopaths always rise to the top is that most people actually do have empathy and thus aren't willing to do the hosed-up poo poo elites do to get in power

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Yinlock posted:

not really

the reason sociopaths always rise to the top is that most people actually do have empathy and thus aren't willing to do the hosed-up poo poo elites do to get in power

yeah it’s this and it’s almost more depressing because if humanity was nearly 100% psychopaths we could say we deserve ourselves but instead it’s a tiny fraction of actual devils grinding everyone else into paste

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Truga posted:

i know more "normal" people than idiot psychos so it rarely crosses my mind

what does make sense to me, though, is that people with power project themselves onto much of the world they build

i think the point is that its guaranteed one of those folks is a lot less normal than you think

most pedophiles are poor and most sociopaths are failures

it does not take a cartoonish devil person to really not gently caress around

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

pancake rabbit posted:

why do they even bother not saying their names when its this blatant

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

yeah it’s this and it’s almost more depressing because if humanity was nearly 100% psychopaths we could say we deserve ourselves but instead it’s a tiny fraction of actual devils grinding everyone else into paste

It can't be that tiny or we wouldn't see so much non elite molesting

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shovelbum posted:

love to talk about how empathetic i am by saying i dont view the vast majority of people as human

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

given how long it's taken me to reconcile my nature, i can't figure i'd forgo it on your account marty

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

gh0stpinballa posted:

i believe i was the one back in august who mentioned the 9/11 put options and chicago exchange itt
the (((zionists))) did 9/11. you are close to the truth. keep digging, intrepid goon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Claiming to be one of the few people capable of empathy is exactly what a reptoid would do :colbert:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

gently caress everyone in the last panel though

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

#wwg1wga #thestorm

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

why do they even bother not saying their names when its this blatant

I’m assuming some kind of liability protection

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Wait until you find out that a lot of people don't even have internal monologues lol

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

gh0stpinballa posted:

spotting a new bunch of replies itt is my sole joy in life when i'm working these long shifts 🤗
:staredog:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fried Watermelon posted:

Wait until you find out that a lot of people don't even have internal monologues lol

Wait what

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/inner-monologue-experience-science-1.5486969

The 5 main ways of thinking:
Inner speaking/ inner monologue - Ex. talking to yourself, hearing your voice or someone else or audibly recalling a phone number.
Inner seeing/ visual imagery - Thoughts with a visual symbol. Ex. picturing a memory or a place you wish you lived.
Feelings - A conscious experience of emotional process. Ex. feeling sad after the death of a loved one.
Unsymbolized thinking - No word or image associated with thoughts. Ex. pouring your morning coffee without telling yourself to.
Sensory awareness- Paying attention to a sensory aspect of the environment for an unimportant reason. Ex. hearing someone talk but seeing the light reflecting off their glasses.
According to Hulburt, not many people have an inner monologue 100 per cent of the time, but most do sometimes. He estimates that inner monologue is a frequent thing for 30 to 50 per cent of people.

"There are very big individual differences," he said, "Some people have absolutely none and some people have pretty close to 100 per cent."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
taking a real weird turn here

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"I don't have an internal monologue/mind's eye" was a whole genre of Youtube video for a few months
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB7fstrbJSA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj5rdUCa2xo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u4LvgM7OLo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

When I first learned that I truly on a base level crack pinged

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i worked with a guy who had an outer monologue like he could not function without saying exactly what he was doing/ feeling at all times. im sitting in the gator waiting to do a job with him and hes like "im loading the gator with gas tanks, im walking around to the seat, im turning it on, im taking this left..."
really weird poo poo

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

shovelbum posted:

Nah. The powerful have always tried to divide us by creating categories and saying everyone outside the tribe isn't human. You see it anywhere you look, like, in medieval France the people whose ancestors converted to Christianity too soon were treated as subhuman because it meant they had a revolutionary mindset. The notion that a Spaniard has a shared racial identity with a Russian, as opposed to an Ethiopian, was invented in the 16th century to justify slavery. The monstrous part of society has always been the wealthy and powerful, because when you have a monstrous amount of wealth the only humane thing to do is to share it with the poor. Workers of the world unite!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Look into The Bicameral Mind.

There are valid criticisms of the theory, but the basic idea is that a sense of the self and others is something that evolved more recently than we might have thought.

It's possible that our ancestors were more autonomous than we think, and that as consciousness evolved they thought the voice in their head was the gods, the spirits of ancestors, etc. The notion that "this voice in my head belongs to me, and everyone else has a voice in their head too." Is fairly new, according to the theory.

So, if you're a sociopath with no empathy and you don't fully understand that the voice in your head is your own and not some divine spirit telling you what to do....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

to clarify it was never my goal in help delineate between human/non-human which is never good. i just wanted to point out horrible, depraved, unconscionable behavior is par for the human behavior course in times of abundance, much less times of scarcity.

regular men and women ruin lives for reasons such as boredom and horniness constantly. this is part of who we are.