Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Converted a mates bike from enduro back to supermoto today.

Forgot to get a pic with both dirt wheels on.

we fitted up the rear sumo wheel with the 15 year old pirelli to figure out the length we need to cut the new chain to, took it for a spin just t see what they tyre felt like, similar to drift go karts with plastic pipe over the wheels.

while it was on i decide to warm it up to make removal easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-1UjLYH4k

My mates wife wasn't particularly impressed.

Old and busted off

Shiny and new

Have some fresh tail bodywork to fit still and have to get the Union Jacks off the tank fairings, but its a sweet little bike. basically a DRZ-E motor with an FCR, KTM suspension and Brembo brakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Hell yeah supermotos will never not own. Especially non factory supermotos.

Strife posted:

Did anybody order, like, four large pizzas?

If I'm gonna have a bike that supports big rear end cargo options, I might as well get them. At minimum I can keep my helmet and jacket on the bike and take my work poo poo to meetings without needing to wear a backpack. Whenever onsite meetings become a thing again.

This looks really good. I feel like it looked weirdly front heavy with that huge high fairing, and this balances it out. Plus luggage is the best you won't regret it.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

zug zug

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

the warcraft sticker is awesome because as soon as I see it, it obliterates whatever stereotype I have of the guy on that bike

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
Designed and 3D printed a GPS mount. I hope it's strong enough.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
hosed around with the tune on the 690, ended up on 5% richer EVO 1 with the O2 sensor turned off. Hilariously the smoothest throttle map is the most aggressive one from the EVO 1 tunes. The front wheel wants to be off the ground or very light all the time now so I may have to pick up a cheap used Scotts to rebuild to avoid the inevitable tank slapper. I guess I should probably also see if the rear sag is right.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

High Protein posted:

Designed and 3D printed a GPS mount. I hope it's strong enough.

I wish you had posted this earlier, I am an idiot for not considering this as an option earlier to attach sonething to my snowflake 12mm accessory bar.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

I got her back with a new bar and TKC-80s on. On my ride home I deliberately took some slightly nasty gravel, and I can feel these tires biting better. I did not really try to find the limits at all, but I went through some stuff where I would have expected a little slippage on my old tires without any, and the only place I did notice a little slipping was taking a more-than-45-degree turn through piles of gravel at a relatively low speed (and that wasn't scary because I know that corner always sucks and take it wide and slow).

The shop also commented, "the crash bars on this thing did exactly what you want them to; they look fine, and no damage to anything under 'em". So, 30-35 into dirt and gravel is tolerated better by the crash bars, than it is by my still somewhat hosed up shoulder. I am gonna try to not do that again!!

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
My Ducati Scrambler didn't come with a USB charger for some reason. There's a space under the seat, and the manual says it's there, but nothing. So I bought this, jammed it in the hole, and wired it up.

Just in case my phone dies while I'm riding to Starbucks, y'know?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Integrated wireless charger, sup

Only registered members can see post attachments!

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Strife posted:

My Ducati Scrambler didn't come with a USB charger for some reason. There's a space under the seat, and the manual says it's there, but nothing. So I bought this, jammed it in the hole, and wired it up.

This reminds me of a modern car's engine bay.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Strife posted:

This will probably work out in the long run since I don't think I've ever seen a vehicle with an integrated QC Quick Charge port.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deeters posted:

This will probably work out in the long run since I don't think I've ever seen a vehicle with an integrated QC Quick Charge port.

Never seen a Ducati with anything resembling QC before.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

More like what I didn’t do to my ride today. I ordered some gel to add to my stock 650 seat and it finally came in, but now that I have to do the actual work I’m getting really gun-shy about messing up the only seat I have for this bike. My original plan was to look for a wreck part-out and buy a backup seat so I might still do that before I go to town. I don’t have any super long rides planned right now anyway so I can afford to put the project on hold.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I replaced some of the armour in my jeans/jacket with D3O Ghost today. Really flexible and thin, far better than the stock stuff re comfort.

Slavvy posted:

Never seen a Ducati with anything resembling QC before.

Hah!

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Aw cmon guys, Italian vehicles are renown the world over, surely that must be because of their reliability, right?

:stare:

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
After putting it off forever, I finally figured out how to support the front of the TL1000S so I could pull the leaky forks. Turns out putting a floor jack under the crankcase works just fine, as long as my kid is willing to sit on the tail while I remove the front wheel. It wanted to come off the rear wheelstand initially, but once the front is off it sits nicely. I added a rod through the swingarm pivot and put jackstands under that so it's not going anywhere.

I sent the reg in for the Aspencade, to take it off PNO, back in May and got it back in a handwritten envelope with a note saying "you sent this too early, you owe all the 2020 late fees. Send it again after 6/17 and you'll owe no 2021 late fees.". So that was nice of them. It should be ready to go on 7/16 when the new reg kicks in, assuming I get off my rear end and reinstall the front calipers.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I finally rejetted the DRZ w/ a DynoJet kit after putting in the new exhaust. Runs much better, now only seems to pop with a closed throttle, there’s possibly some mild surging at cruising rpm/throttle too.

I also bought some actual caps to put on all the Vacuum lines the PO had sealed off by folding hose over itself.

Now I’ve got getting the carb in/out down into something I can do during kiddos naptime, I’m gonna get a #25 pilot jet, maybe bump up the main jet, and remove the huge Euro power-limiting hose. (in separate iterations).

But at least it’s a little more rideable now.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Today I:

1. Installed a new horn.
2. Tidied up some wiring under the seat with velcro straps so the connectors for the Optimate trickle charger and the heated gear don't dangle out of the left side as much.
3. Ordered a USB socket that would connect to the charger connector, and a 2 USB splitter for it, so I can charge both the rear camera and the front camera at the same time.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
Today I didn't do poo poo to any bikes. However my dad asked if I want to help with recommissioning his Norton 850 and Triumph TSX, which was a big yes. Then I watched in silent horror as he rattle canned some scuffs on the factory paint of the fender of his 944S2 that probably could have been buffed out. He's 86 so he can do whatever he wants at this point I guess.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Horse Clocks posted:

I finally rejetted the DRZ w/ a DynoJet kit after putting in the new exhaust. Runs much better, now only seems to pop with a closed throttle, there’s possibly some mild surging at cruising rpm/throttle too.

I also bought some actual caps to put on all the Vacuum lines the PO had sealed off by folding hose over itself.

Now I’ve got getting the carb in/out down into something I can do during kiddos naptime, I’m gonna get a #25 pilot jet, maybe bump up the main jet, and remove the huge Euro power-limiting hose. (in separate iterations).

But at least it’s a little more rideable now.

Re: surging
What’s your airbox situation? I had this weird surging for ~40 miles immediately after I serviced my air filter that solved itself after it finally ate the extra oil I put on it.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Re: surging
What’s your airbox situation? I had this weird surging for ~40 miles immediately after I serviced my air filter that solved itself after it finally ate the extra oil I put on it.

Air box has the standard 3x3 mod, and a K&N filter that seems cleanish (not that I know what clean looks like). Haven’t oiled it or anything since it was serviced in Feb.

It was happening more noticeably before rejetting. But it’d gently pulse power when cruising.

I *think* it’s still doing it, just not as much. Need to go find a new long straight flat road to confirm. They closed the one I usually use to put bicycle lanes in.

Horse Clocks fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 6, 2020

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

tore the stock grips off the heating element and then installed my favorite dirt bike grips (renthal full waffles) over the tops of the element after doing a single layer wrap of electrical tape over it so I wouldn't gently caress it up during install

man I forgot how fantastic they are. I had worn the crap out of the stock grips in the pinky and index / thumb section so I am happy to have these on now :D

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Horse Clocks posted:

Air box has the standard 3x3 mod, and a K&N filter that seems cleanish (not that I know what clean looks like). Haven’t oiled it or anything since it was serviced in Feb.

It was happening more noticeably before rejetting. But it’d gently pulse power when cruising.

I *think* it’s still doing it, just not as much. Need to go find a new long straight flat road to confirm. They closed the one I usually use to put bicycle lanes in.

Do you still have that power restriction kit on the carb? That could be causing it too.

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer
Made a bigger heat sheild for the exhaust. I'm going camping tomorrow and my paniers kept ending up touching the silencer. Still on the list: check/adjust chain tension.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Do you still have that power restriction kit on the carb? That could be causing it too.

The solenoid is still attached/plugged in and the top/bottom vac link is still there, But the source air/vac line is capped off.

When the #25 pilot jet arrives I’ll remove and cap off the link. I might try and get a float bowl without the solenoid attached, but will probably have to be an import.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
i'm recalling what my drz's carb looks like as i've had it apart multiple times and i still don't know what the gently caress yours looks like

are you running a raptor petcock or something? why are your vaccuum lines being capped

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I fixed my Chinese knock off laminar lip :mad:

The adjustment knob just flew off on the highway. It’s ok though. Much gnarlier now

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Razzled posted:

i'm recalling what my drz's carb looks like as i've had it apart multiple times and i still don't know what the gently caress yours looks like

are you running a raptor petcock or something? why are your vaccuum lines being capped

The bits in yellow are the throttle limiter bits.

https://cdn.thumpertalk.com/uploads/monthly_09_2016/post-415473-0-42613000-1474718603.png

The PO had cut the hose (bottom nipple), folded it over, and ziptied it. I remove the cut hose and put a cap on the nipple.

I’m thinking of replacing the bowl w/ solenoid with a solenoid-free US import.

And yeah, my petcock failed within a month of me buying the DRZ, but slack-advice got me to pre-buy a raptor petcock.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Horse Clocks posted:

The bits in yellow are the throttle limiter bits.

https://cdn.thumpertalk.com/uploads/monthly_09_2016/post-415473-0-42613000-1474718603.png

The PO had cut the hose (bottom nipple), folded it over, and ziptied it. I remove the cut hose and put a cap on the nipple.

I’m thinking of replacing the bowl w/ solenoid with a solenoid-free US import.

And yeah, my petcock failed within a month of me buying the DRZ, but slack-advice got me to pre-buy a raptor petcock.

wow that's crazy, is it illegal to just get an NA market carb? I imagine it would be a pretty cheap replacement

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I fixed my Chinese knock off laminar lip :mad:

The adjustment knob just flew off on the highway. It’s ok though. Much gnarlier now

Wing nuts are so dang convenient, well done dad.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Got my hand guards fitted today. I only had to move the levers a little bit to clear the guards. I was debating cutting them down a bit since they seem really long.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I hate long levers so you have my blessing. people will freak out about having a lever without a ball on the end since that means it could theoretically stab you, but you're gonna have a bad time either way if you manage to catch a lever to the gut. plus the handguards will likely make that never happen, so again, you have my blessing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, saw the ends off and file and sand the rough edges. Done.

With guards on it will be a nonissue anyway

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Just don't get your arm/wrist stuck between the bar and the guards unless you like the look of :gay:

The likelihood of that happening is way slimmer than all the protection they provide though. I love my full wrap handguards.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm glad for lever talk because I was trying to test fit my hand guards last weekend and my levers were too long. I hadn't asked for help yet because I was going to read up on installing hand guards beyond my current research level of "unbox, test fit parts, sigh and put parts back in box", but this has already answered a lot of my questions.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
I'll just cut the ball off the ends of them and smooth it out. I mostly got them since I had broken several levers on my old KDX200 before I got hand guards on it. It's been about 10 years since I had a bike on a trail so I figured I should get them before I bust any levers off in the middle of the woods. I'm pretty happy with how they look though. The headlight housing doesn't look so giant now.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

NinjaTech posted:

Got my hand guards fitted today. I only had to move the levers a little bit to clear the guards. I was debating cutting them down a bit since they seem really long.

I did mine a little bit ago and they were only slightly very annoying. What up KLX buddy?

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I did mine a little bit ago and they were only slightly very annoying. What up KLX buddy?

They would have been a little easier if the clamp on parts were actually the 7/8 size instead of having the inserts. They look pretty good in white too, pretty funny that we got the same style.

How have you been liking yours? My only real problem is how hard the seat is. Replacing the mirrors with the ram mount ones helped a lot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Same but in blue.

I need to order valve shims now because they need adjusting ... :smith: