Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BJPenn.com reporter
https://twitter.com/CTaylor_96/status/969655367478140930

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lol jesus christ

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

I thought UFC had him locked up for fights and he was just considered retired but maybe there's some kind of way out of that if the UFC doesn't want to make a match for you because you are 50 years old.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I guess Chuck was counting on the lifetime position of Zuffa "VP of Chuck " to keep his financial life in order 😲

mewse
May 2, 2006

TheReverend posted:

I guess Chuck was counting on the lifetime position of Zuffa "VP of Chuck " to keep his financial life in order 😲

Did he lose that job when WME took over? I remember they cut a lot of cruft but not My Friend Forrest Griffin

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

mewse posted:

Did he lose that job when WME took over? I remember they cut a lot of cruft but not My Friend Forrest Griffin

I think the story was that Hughes and Chuck lost their retirement jobs when WME came in, but Forrest and Big Nog kept theirs because they actually do stuff in their "ambassador" roles. Like Forrest has that gig where he does the Metro PCS sponsored streams live from the events with Mighty Mouse, and Nog hosted a Fight Pass show.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

rare Magic card l00k posted:

is this moat fights

yes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think the story was that Hughes and Chuck lost their retirement jobs when WME came in, but Forrest and Big Nog kept theirs because they actually do stuff in their "ambassador" roles. Like Forrest has that gig where he does the Metro PCS sponsored streams live from the events with Mighty Mouse, and Nog hosted a Fight Pass show.

Dana tried to give Forrest an emeritus position but when they told him he’d be on the payroll for life he showed up and asked what he needed to do. Like he insisted they give him an office and an actual job to do and pestered them until he was actually tasked with stuff.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
as infinitely loving dumb as bellator is i don't buy anybody offering 69 year old chuck a multi million dollar contract unless it's 2 million dollars over 10 fights if he wins them all

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TMZ said he and Tito have been trying to get another fight done recently, and Dana talked with the site Monday and basically said wherever it happens it ain't happening in UFC lol

Outright said Chuck's too old to still fight, which is a rare time I don't think I disagree with Dana

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
This happened.

https://youtu.be/tBKXXCCiD6Y

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
The way old fighters have nothing to fall back on when their career is over takes away an awful lot of enjoyment of the sport some times.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

unless that dude was still shittalking while limp, that ref completely hosed up

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

as infinitely loving dumb as bellator is i don't buy anybody offering 69 year old chuck a multi million dollar contract unless it's 2 million dollars over 10 fights if he wins them all

I would have agreed with this pre-2016, but after the battle of the dueling congestive heart failures I think anything is possible.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dana tried to give Forrest an emeritus position but when they told him he’d be on the payroll for life he showed up and asked what he needed to do. Like he insisted they give him an office and an actual job to do and pestered them until he was actually tasked with stuff.

My friends and I ran into Forrest one night in Vegas after a card, dude was real cool and took a shot of whiskey with us. It doesn't surprise me that he works like that.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

coconono posted:

unless that dude was still shittalking while limp, that ref completely hosed up

The lost diaz child.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Mr. Nice! posted:

He also regularly goes to soup kitchens, spends a day volunteering then cuts them a check on his way out. It only came out when someone was doing a story on him iirc, or maybe when the UFC was making his hall of fame mini-doc.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Ordered KSW

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I like how the fighers walk out with hot babes

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

no

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sounds like Chuck is still working for Dana, and he has been tasked with being a sleeper agent, sent in to bait Scott Coker into overspending a promotion into bankruptcy again.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Goddamn sick kicks to the body from Askham

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Khalidov/Narkun owned

e:https://twitter.com/KSW_MMA/status/970068688593457152

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wow. Khalidov losing is kind of a B-ig deal.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.facebook.com/mirkocrocop7777/photos/a.776980065680026.1073741825.466911916686844/1916986841679337/?type=3&theater

lol, i guess he really wants that fedor retirement fight

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Mirko is on the biggest win streak of his mma career. he's never been better

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

if you take enough steroids, you convince yourself that you are the terminator even if you are a 45 year old man who has been exclusively fighting scrubs in japan for the past few years

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
icing king mo and amir aliakbari are actually extremely impressive wins relative to the bellator hwgp, and are half decent outside of that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

if you take enough steroids, you convince yourself that you are the terminator even if you are a 45 year old man who has been exclusively fighting scrubs in japan for the past few years

but enough about fedor

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If you're over 45, then it's not 'steroids', it's 'hormone replacement therapy'.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Right leg, hospital. Left leg, also hospital, for more injections.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/970692345464201217

Lol,

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

this would have been a skippable fight pass card five years ago, but here's hoping cro cop doesn't take too much damage. roy either, christ

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

old schlub vs grubhub

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Mriko Cro Cop when he's 60 and so slow he can barely move around the ring faster than an rc car, so they decorate it with steam hammers buzz saws and flamethrowers so when his arm goes flying off at the first stiff punch the audience thinks its an episode of battle bots

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know the world is descending further and further into parody with each passing day but it's a little too on the nose for Cro-Cop to win a Japanese tournament against light-heavyweights, sumo wrestlers and interpretive drawings of steroids, regain the love of the internet, return to America and get immediately knocked out by Roy Nelson again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

regain the love

I always loved Cro Cop and I'll never stop, even long after robots finally enter the MMA world and one hammerfists his 90-year-old carcass unconscious in a Z-league

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

I always loved Cro Cop and I'll never stop, even long after robots finally enter the MMA world and one hammerfists his 90-year-old carcass unconscious in a Z-league

Cro Cop will win that tournament too thanks to obscure japanese judging rules.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Bellator has a dream, and that dream is to showcase the least wanted, most baffling rematches there could possibly be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

It should really be their mission statement at this point