Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I long for a page where Funny Valentine pops out of the air in the background, looks around confusedly, and then just leaves without and fanfare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Johnny Joestar posted:

johnny was killed by a simple, god-fearing rock

So was Caesar

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I think that rock loves jeso

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

For god so loved the world that he rightfully did away with one of its most annoying inhabitants

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Daxing Dan posted:

You can follow the Vento Aureo page on Batoto if you have an account, and the full volumes are available for download on mega and on dropbox as they are completed.

Yaay! :yaycloud:

Pretty exciting!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
When talking about how excited I was for Part 5 in the anime thread I really, really wanted to add "can't wait for Spider-man to show up" because it sounds dumb, ridiculous and doesn't even happen in Part 5, but it's still spoilers, right?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly that by itself would be fine, it's just it would just start a chain of people saying weird out of context stuff and someone would end up getting mad

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

I know everyone said part 8 was weird, but I wasn't expecting it to start with 4 testicles right out of the gate.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

imweasel09 posted:

I know everyone said part 8 was weird, but I wasn't expecting it to start with 4 testicles right out of the gate.

~He's just as soft as a lion tamed/He's just as wet as the evening rain~

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Johnny Joestar posted:

hopefully the translation for part 5 will finish up around the time the part 4 anime is done, which should be around the end of the year

thankfully none of the other parts have translation issues

Jooouu~~~sukeee~

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'll take that over 'none of the characters have any personality whatsoever'

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I can't argue that duwang and part 5's old translation weren't on a whole other level, but I feel like part 8's weird translation is part of why I don't like it very much. That and really not seeing where the story is headed in the slightest.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I never have any problem with 8's translation

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
pancaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i would like to see a go-over of part 8's translation to make it sound more human, but otherwise it's generally okay to me. i guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'll take that over 'none of the characters have any personality whatsoever'

The characters in HWMN only have personality because of how Araki has written them that you can't avoid it. The English itself couldn't be more devoid of it. It's balls.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I kinda enjoy the weird vowel stretching in the part 8 translation since it helps sell the hikashigatas as weird, twin peaks-y rich assholes

Also

EmmyOk posted:

I swear to Christ if Okuyasu dies I will pitch a loving level 10 bitch fit.

:allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I've always felt it fits those characters really well

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
everyone in the higashikata household is immensely relatable

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Norsiuke and Jobin making poetry references to each other, Daiya yelling about pancakes and Yes, Hato pretending to find a magazine she modeled for and asking who that babe on the cover is. Cato running a chair through Joshuu's face

The Higashikatas are a beautiful family

e: I am so loving read for Kosaku to nearly murder Okuyasu, because boy that's a good scene. Josuke having to decide if Okuyasu is a bomb or not, Hayato touching Okuyasu and taking the bomb for the group, Josuke fixing them both, Okuyasu seeing his brother and waking up in time to erase some air bombs.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I lost my loving poo poo when I first read that fight and Okuyasu came back

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I just love that Okuyasu died and then just decided he didn't want to be dead, so he just came back.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
a powerful Okuyasu move

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

That reveal is probably my favorite panel so far.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/shniiji/status/783433672615657472

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I just realised Jojolion is set to be the only Jojo part where Dio's influence is not actually felt at any point.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

YF-23 posted:

I just realised Jojolion is set to be the only Jojo part where Dio's influence is not actually felt at any point.

Just wait 'till you find out who those testicles really belong to!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp posted:

everyone in the higashikata household is immensely relatable

I too relate to Joshu in having a cool nuts and bolts monster following me around

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If I had to choose to save either Joshu or Dio from certain death, I'd pick Dio.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

hosed up

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the funniest panel in Part 8 is Joshuu looking over his shoulder and Nut King Call just laying there on it's hands and knees, presenting a handful of nuts and bolts to Joshuu

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

wet your whistlers mother posted:

I too relate to Joshu in having a cool nuts and bolts monster following me around

I relate to Joshu because I too am huge whiny rear end in a top hat with a bad haircut

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

YF-23 posted:

If Alternate Diego hadn't taken the corpse to the underground bunker, Lucy probably never would have killed him, the corpse may have gone missing or unaccounted for, Johnny would never have been able to find it to bring it to Morioh and bury it under the Lone Pine, and it's quite probable from what we know of Josuke's merging and the different variant of Rokakaka that was made in the ground there that Josuke wouldn't actually exist.

So in that way, a Dio still has a distant influence on JoJolion.

e: I'm actually blanking a little on whether Diego does take the corpse there or not, its been a while since I read SBR. I think it's pretty fair to say though that there's some influence regarding the whole thing considering it's where he croaks.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Diego does take it there. He takes it Funny told him that so long as he's the one to put it in the safehouse, it'll serve him as well as America.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Can we have some respect and call the man President Valentine

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Big P

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If Alternate Diego hadn't taken the corpse to the underground bunker, Lucy probably never would have killed him, the corpse may have gone missing or unaccounted for, Johnny would never have been able to find it to bring it to Morioh and bury it under the Lone Pine, and it's quite probable from what we know of Josuke's merging and the different variant of Rokakaka that was made in the ground there that Josuke wouldn't actually exist.

So in that way, a Dio still has a distant influence on JoJolion.

e: I'm actually blanking a little on whether Diego does take the corpse there or not, its been a while since I read SBR. I think it's pretty fair to say though that there's some influence regarding the whole thing considering it's where he croaks.

Yeah, Diego From Another Universe takes the corpse to the vault and then Lucy follows him down the steps and throws him the head. It's significant because there's only one way out of the bunker and Lucy was standing in it, so there's absolutely no way for DFAU to survive, even with The World.

I'm still not entirely clear on why DFAU decided to follow the instructions that Valentine gave him. Maybe they got along better in his universe? It can't be patriotism, Diego is British.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The promise of power?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The second Diego seems a bit more malicious and violent than Diego the first, though there's not really much of him to really compare. Diego 1 was sorta reserved in his ambition, I guess Diego 2 is what would happen if Diego was a (bigger) dick. He must have a wider scope for his domination and what not, not just the island in New York.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Diego From Another The World also threatened to murder-rape Lucy right before he opened the sack with his severed head in it.