Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
I wonder if Fallout 4's women will still have man-hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

gasman posted:

Also, that pipboy looks ridiculously huge. Bigger than in previous games.

First mod I always download for New Vegas is the Pipboy Remover and for good reasons.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Why do the textures all look like someone shat all over town?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Mordaedil posted:

Well, if you don't have central plumbing, what else are you supposed to do with it? Might as well fertilize the walls and grow some tasty fungus on 'em while you're at it.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Mordaedil posted:

That's a pretty old screenshot

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Mordaedil posted:

I suppose it's partly because it's a 120*120 image scaled up to 1080p.

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Assuming you mean older Fallout games, try the Fallout modding thread.

Thank you.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

I wonder if Fallout 4's women will still have man-hands.

I wonder if they still have different skin shades than their heads.

I don't ever want to see a Yew again unless there's some sort of Frankenstein experiment going around where people are having their heads attached to someone's body.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crabtree posted:

I don't ever want to see a Yew again unless there's some sort of Frankenstein experiment going around where people are having their heads attached to someone's body.

Maybe she had a blood circulation problem you monster

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I wonder if this problem is why none of the kids in Skyrim are black.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
I think that has to do more with the fact that they are in skyrim and not Hammerfell

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
There are a few Redguard kids in Skyrim, but since they didn't make separate textures they kept them pretty light skinned to avoid the old FaceGen problems. See when they were still using FaceGen during Oblivion and Fallout they tried to get away with a single basic texture for humans. Towards the extreme ends of the scale that causes some serious funkyness with colors and saturation. This had always been part of the problem with FaceGen. For the adults in Skyrim they dropped FaceGen like a hot rock and used separate textures for each race to keep the skintones from messing up like that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Crabtree posted:

What are you talking about? She's just wearing a red long sleeve shirt.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
leaked screenshot from the intro!

http://i.imgur.com/ebUVl9G.jpg

apparently they spend the entire intro just loving. they really did take cues from modders this time!

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Vikar Jerome posted:

leaked screenshot from the intro!

http://i.imgur.com/ebUVl9G.jpg

apparently they spend the entire intro just loving. they really did take cues from modders this time!

:eyepop:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, fact is if you want something like that to not look embarrassing, you really do have to either do it yourself or pay out the rear end to someone else to do a custom job on it. Cause just the leather for the mounting band alone is gonna be way more expensive then they'd be willing to pay per unit.

I'm trying to think of a situation where wearing any pip boy no matter how artistically done in a public place wouldn't be embarrassing and I'm just not coming up with it.

edit: i mean I guess there's cosplay at a con, but really just going to one of those should fill up the embarrassment meter.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm trying to think of a situation where wearing any pip boy no matter how artistically done in a public place wouldn't be embarrassing and I'm just not coming up with it.

Do conventions count as public place?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I edited my post.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Rhymenoserous posted:

edit: i mean I guess there's cosplay at a con, but really just going to one of those should fill up the embarrassment meter.

A well-made and tasteful fallout cosplay at comic con, maybe? You'd fit right in with a bunch of other cringeworthy poo poo.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Rhymenoserous posted:

I edited my post.

Its just another expensive piece of kit for a costume to use whenever you want.

If I was forced to wear a pip boy along with my normal outfit then yeah I'd be embarrassed, otherwise not so much.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Turns out the pipboy is designed to latch onto and be a permanent part of your body as soon as you put it on. Any attempt to take it off will make Howard flip the kill switch that turns all iphones into low grade bombs.

Taking the pipboy edition is making a lifelong commitment to Fallout.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Crabtree posted:

Turns out the pipboy is designed to latch onto and be a permanent part of your body as soon as you put it on. Any attempt to take it off will make Howard flip the kill switch that turns all iphones into low grade bombs.

Taking the pipboy edition is making a lifelong commitment to Fallout.

Mini-nukes in the pip-boys, how apropos *tips fedora*

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Cthulhuite posted:

Christ, that Pip Boy looks like cheap plastic crap.

The build looks fine it's the way the plastic is colored and painted that makes it look cheap. I'm sure if anyone cared enough they could repaint it or even make a mold and recast it in resin.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Looks like this will be the first Fallout I don't buy. I just really don't like contemporary Bethesda games...although I hope it does well enough that Obsidian gets a chance to make a new one haha

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Lotish posted:

What are you talking about? She's just wearing a red long sleeve shirt.

This. It looks like a long sleeve shirt to me. Does it cover her hands ?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

O__O posted:

Looks like this will be the first Fallout I don't buy. I just really don't like contemporary Bethesda games...although I hope it does well enough that Obsidian gets a chance to make a new one haha

ok thanks

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Truecon420 posted:

This. It looks like a long sleeve shirt to me. Does it cover her hands ?

Yes it's skin. I've seen this in game before too. I think it's a bug, because a lot of people I saw also had white heads.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

O__O posted:

Lmao yeah the game that looks good and has combat designed by people that know what they're doing is totally the same as previous Bethesda games.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

double post

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This thread earns it's 2 rating on every page. I hope we get a new one at launch.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

This thread earns it's 2 rating on every page. I hope we get a new one at launch.

Like the new thread isn't going to be filled with garbage within 10 minutes of posting.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Like the new thread isn't going to be filled with garbage within 10 minutes of posting.

All the poo poo posters will be way too busy dumping hundreds of hours into the game after release.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

In Fallout 4 all garbage is useful!

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

jfood posted:

HATE THREAD

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It's 5 minutes discussing VPNs to play early and another 5 bitching about errors at launch, either new game or game itself.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

QuantaStarFire posted:

if its anything like skyrim there will be a new forum filled with garbage

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jfood posted:

yes I actually can't wait to salvage literally everything I spot in Fallout 4 so I can make a pretty fence or doghouse or whatever for my house fortress

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm hoping you can build a tower like fortress when building your settlement.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I just want the billboard that you can write/design stuff on so I can make hilarious jabs at Feral Ghouls while my defensive turrets farm XP for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm hoping you can build a tower like fortress when building your settlement.

I hope someone mods in bunkers, works like a normal building except you build it underneath the terrain mesh.

• Locked thread