Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Armitage posted:

especially with Laser in play

the 4-hit laser was basically a party AoE attack, except if you're unlucky all the damage lands on one character and you lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Prav posted:

the 4-hit laser was basically a party AoE attack, except if you're unlucky all the damage lands on one character and you lose

and he follows it up with an attack to boot, sometimes the AoE one which ignores RES.

I tried again and mastered the fight, I put in Kain instead of Ashe and used Y'Shtola for extra healing and settled for a Stoneskin as RW. Laser is still a bitch, I'm gonna be hurting for awhile after this one.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah I'm not gonna bother with the non-jump start Proudclad. My go-to of RW Stoneskin, Onion Knight, Ramza, Orlandeau, Y'shtola, and wildcard (In this case Lightning for imperil) wasn't looking so hot at the end of the jump start fight, so I imagine having to actually build the SB gauge in an otherwise identical fight would be tedious at best.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Armitage posted:

and he follows it up with an attack to boot, sometimes the AoE one which ignores RES.

His attacks are all physical, so they all ignore RES! :v:

IllegallySober posted:

On another note, has JP gotten more team slots than the 20 we have? With all the elementals and the realm synergy teams I feel like I could use another 5 or so.

Not yet, but they announced on the last FFRK Report that they're going to be increasing it from 20 to 60, with more sorting/organizing options.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

Do you have any of the Last Stand BSBs/USBs? That's probably the one thing that I'd bring over Vanille, if that's an option. Otherwise, you're probably doing all that you can, RNG be RNG.

I only have minifilla's shout/last stand so that's not an option. The other team members have been covering that in my goon run over the past 2 days. Its just a bitch and rng.

I could use her instead of onion and have her bsb and do breakdowns though. It just hasn't been needed in the runs so far.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, I don't know why they like designing bosses that can attack like 3 times before you get an action, all it does is encourage resetting until the RNG doesn't insta-gib someone. It's not difficult, it's just a "do i have to reset or not" check.

The real reason I like the Jump Start battles is that everyone starts at half ATB. They really ought to apply that to every battle.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

The real reason I like the Jump Start battles is that everyone starts at half ATB. They really ought to apply that to every battle.

They do that for the magicite fights too and it flusters me. Everyone gets their ATB bar full at the same time (often randomly; S/L three times and you'll get a different order each time), and so I have to figure out whose ATB is up each time and what I want them to do, wasting precious milliseconds while the other characters' bars are sitting full. When people's' bars are staggered, you can figure out who is up next and mentally prepare what you want them to do before their turn arrives.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Fister Roboto posted:

FWIW they do start doing this for MO battles at some point, and as mentioned Magicite battles do it as well.

Schwartzcough posted:

They do that for the magicite fights too and it flusters me. Everyone gets their ATB bar full at the same time (often randomly; S/L three times and you'll get a different order each time), and so I have to figure out whose ATB is up each time and what I want them to do, wasting precious milliseconds while the other characters' bars are sitting full. When people's' bars are staggered, you can figure out who is up next and mentally prepare what you want them to do before their turn arrives.

It's not random, if you do it often enough with the same team you'll get the same initial turn order like 90% of the time. Sometime rounding errors cause characters with very similar speeds to reach their turns in different orders, though. It is really annoying when it switches up on you though.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 15, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Schwartzcough posted:

His attacks are all physical, so they all ignore RES! :v:

lol, I meant DEF. How humiliating!

Anyway, I felt a little froggy and decided to finish off the Mote Dungeons I haven't done yet(II/X). Surprisingly I rolled over them! Hooray for power creep! :v: Needed that confidence boost.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Schwartzcough posted:

Not yet, but they announced on the last FFRK Report that they're going to be increasing it from 20 to 60, with more sorting/organizing options.

Sweet. Can't wait for that.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
If you have Edge SSB and are struggling with this jumpstart fight, you probably aren't leaning in to the gimmick hard enough. Edge's SSB can singlehandedly keep your party alive for something like 5-8 rounds with no healing with a bit of luck. All of the bosses attacks are physical, so each recast gives everyone a blink charge and a last stand, or enough defense to eat two hits with no other healing or mitigation on your part.

For my kill, I used that, and had Ramza cast Chant after Shout and Full Break (for medals) to give everyone a atoneskin buffer of extra coverage. (I also used Ramza USB as an RW for the partywide noncharge to speed things up further. )

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

My first d200 Torment down!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The U++ was hard enough for my a team let alone a CM team. Good thing I have tons of major wind orbs. Everything else clear though.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
The 220 raid has been very frustrating for me so far, I've had the best luck with OK/Eiko, however, I'm at about 80% for the first ultimate trample hitting Eiko right as she's about to cast FoR, or selecting guardian mog.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
I could be poked into helping with the 220 raid. I always bring Gordon (BSB for LS, Attack Breakdown, Defense Breakdown), Full Break, Magic Breakdown OR AffBreak and Vanille (USB/BSB, Curaja, Arise) Discord is Kumog#8060

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I finally nailed the solo Apocalypse fight down, just spamming last stand from Relm and Prishe, with TG Cid doing the heavy lifting while Ramza boosted and Mustadio stacked breaks. I had 4 levels of attack break on that jerk and it barely made a difference. What a pain!

I have made zero progress with the multilplayer fight. If it weren't for those sweet vitality 4* motes, I probably wouldn't bother.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Vonnie posted:

The 220 raid has been very frustrating for me so far, I've had the best luck with OK/Eiko, however, I'm at about 80% for the first ultimate trample hitting Eiko right as she's about to cast FoR, or selecting guardian mog.

Mastered after a few more tries, final team was OK/Eiko (VoF, FoR, Guardian Mog), Fran/Eiko (BSBs and shatterheart, Protectga), Lion/Vanille (BSBs, Shellga), Squall/Y'shtola (BSBs, SS2, OSB finisher).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

If you have Edge SSB and are struggling with this jumpstart fight, you probably aren't leaning in to the gimmick hard enough. Edge's SSB can singlehandedly keep your party alive for something like 5-8 rounds with no healing with a bit of luck. All of the bosses attacks are physical, so each recast gives everyone a blink charge and a last stand, or enough defense to eat two hits with no other healing or mitigation on your part.

For my kill, I used that, and had Ramza cast Chant after Shout and Full Break (for medals) to give everyone a atoneskin buffer of extra coverage. (I also used Ramza USB as an RW for the partywide noncharge to speed things up further. )

Huh I have this and never used it. I'll give it a try.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I have Edge's other, much shittier SSB. :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Somebody looked at the bosses of this FF13 event and said "Yeah, that seems fine. Release it."

:psyduck:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Keep in mind we got this event WAY ahead of schedule.

It's still crappy but there's that going for them.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Aoe dispel is such a bitch

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Alxprit posted:

Keep in mind we got this event WAY ahead of schedule.

It's still crappy but there's that going for them.

As a non-Wall haver I'm worried if "RW Cloud USB and just kill him wtf are you even doing" becomes the next Big Thing.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

As a non-Wall haver I'm worried if "RW Cloud USB and just kill him wtf are you even doing" becomes the next Big Thing.

This is exactly what happens.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Vonnie posted:

This is exactly what happens.

I bet that's true for Wall-havers too. Is there supposed to be a breaking point in the non-magicite game where this is no longer feasible?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Nope that's literally the meta from July 4th

Stack supports, RW Cloud USB on your best physical guys, collect rewards :effort:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
What I was going for was people without Wall getting majorly screwed over.

I guess if you have some super stacked RS your defenses are high enough to live without Wall. RS for all realms.

Whale or die.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

I guess if you have some super stacked RS your defenses are high enough to live without Wall. RS for all realms.

Whale or die.
DENA gotta eat.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Speaking of getting wall, has there been any word on when global will get Keeper's Selection #3? It looks like it's been out in Japan for 10 months at this point.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Beasteh posted:

Nope that's literally the meta from July 4th

Stack supports, RW Cloud USB on your best physical guys, collect rewards :effort:

You will be surprised to learn that it is not, in fact, that easy.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

saltylopez posted:

Speaking of getting wall, has there been any word on when global will get Keeper's Selection #3? It looks like it's been out in Japan for 10 months at this point.

We've gone far enough past Keeper's Choice 3 (En-Element SB choice) and Dr. Mog 2 (SSB choice) that they'll be sort of dated if we get them.

Despite Keeper's Choice 2 being great for beginners with Sheepsong, Shout and SG - on paper the banner is [3 BSB / 4 SSB / 2 SB] compared to the current Lightning banners of [2 6* / 3 BSB / 2 LMR / 4 SSB]. Mog 2 swaps an SB with an OSB, but that OSB is Tyro's so it's not really an improvement. If we do get these banners, they'll have to be revamped quite a bit.

Both are still much better then Keeper's 2 for Wall chasing.

I was personally hoping for Cloud or Bartz's Enwind on KC2 since grabbing Cloud's OSB in a lucky, and EnWind + dualcast Snowspell Strike + Cloud USB for Bartz.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Whale or die.

For what it's worth, I started at the 2 year anniversary in JP (with the Player Select banner), and never pulled wall, but I at least completed the XIII event Jump Start battle, and was completing all content shortly thereafter. So I was not loaded up with synergy and didn't have Wall. Wall still made a big difference and I struggled a lot less on events I could bring a wall RW than ones I couldn't (since I didn't have great DPS to use with Cloud's USB; I relied on Amarant's bonus crit damage SSB for a good while), but it's certainly doable.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

pichupal posted:

We've gone far enough past Keeper's Choice 3 (En-Element SB choice) and Dr. Mog 2 (SSB choice) that they'll be sort of dated if we get them.

Despite Keeper's Choice 2 being great for beginners with Sheepsong, Shout and SG - on paper the banner is [3 BSB / 4 SSB / 2 SB] compared to the current Lightning banners of [2 6* / 3 BSB / 2 LMR / 4 SSB]. Mog 2 swaps an SB with an OSB, but that OSB is Tyro's so it's not really an improvement. If we do get these banners, they'll have to be revamped quite a bit.

Both are still much better then Keeper's 2 for Wall chasing.

I was personally hoping for Cloud or Bartz's Enwind on KC2 since grabbing Cloud's OSB in a lucky, and EnWind + dualcast Snowspell Strike + Cloud USB for Bartz.

Shout/SG/Sheepsong will still get used more than any 3 relics from the current Lightning banners.

But yeah the rest of all the keepers choice banners are terrible and make pulling on it a bad idea.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pander posted:

Shout/SG/Sheepsong will still get used more than any 3 relics from the current Lightning banners.

Raines BSB, Nabaat BSB, Vanille BSB.

It's a stretch, and that's literally the only three relics of that quality, spread across the two banners, but I managed to find "any 3" that would see as much use as the Mog's Choice trifecta.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pander posted:

Not to mention all the actual choice relics, which have really great things like elemental boosts, status resists, and shared SBs. You'll probably end up getting a lot of mileage out of those.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I meant it more in the sense that DENA will look at the banner and think 'We need to make this better - let's switch Krile's SSB to her BSB!' or something silly like that.

I think they did it on KC1 that took Eiko's Medica/Hastega and Leon's Hand of the Emperor ATK/DEF buff and 'upgraded' them to their SSBs. Even if a Sentinel SSB and Reraise SSB have uses, dropping the boostga and Hastega from the banner was why I skipped pulling on it.

Edit: Then Mog 3's problem is I think SG is in the '1% SB/SSB' slot on the banner. Then Sheepsong is switched with Serah SSB (sure) and Shout is swapped with Minfilia's SSB (no). It's balanced out by Celes SSB and better BSB/OSB picks, and the choice of BSB.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 15, 2017

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

If you have Edge SSB and are struggling with this jumpstart fight, you probably aren't leaning in to the gimmick hard enough. Edge's SSB can singlehandedly keep your party alive for something like 5-8 rounds with no healing with a bit of luck.

Thanks for this post, it convinced me to try the Jumpstart with a yolo team relying on Edge's SSB for survival and Armitage's Lightning USB RW from a couple of pages ago. My first time beating anything higher than difficulty 160-ish. :shobon:

Only one character in the team was over level 65, but I've had great luck with relics that could carry this fight (TGCid OSB, Lightning BSB2, Raines BSB) so I'm not kidding myself that I could've done it otherwise.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I just want them to make a Keeper's Choice Banner where Sentinel's Grimoire is a choose-able relic. Otherwise, really don't want to blow 50 mithril over and over on what tends to always be a beginner banner. Of all the relics to chase at this point, it's always gonna be on a banner with the worst consolation prizes for anyone who's played for a while.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
At this point there should really be a beginner banner that has SG, Platinum Sword, some magic boost relic, and a decent medica SSB for a decent character (something like Selphie or Arc's blink ones) as free choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wait, Nabaat BSB is top tier?

• Locked thread