Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm pretty sure porting their old games is the only thing propping up Capcom at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Policenaut posted:

Heck yeah, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is getting a PS4 release according to Famitsu. Maybe now consoles can get a 1080p/60fps version like the PC release! Always appreciate another opportunity to buy Dragon's Dogma.

Are they going to put "Into Free" back into the title?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm pretty sure porting their old games is the only thing propping up Capcom at this point.

It has been for years. But thanks for reminding me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFeCpgdJvk

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Sakurazuka posted:

They aren't even very good at doing that. Where's a Megaman X collection on a current console? or 9 and 10 on the PS4 for that matter.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/dragonsdogma/status/866964643243327493

I take this as confirmation of a US release.

dont be mean to me posted:

Are they going to put "Into Free" back into the title?

Probably not.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
what is dragons dogma

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That is Dragon's Dogma.

Except they lost the license for the theme music so the first panel isn't accurate anymore.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

is it anime?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

is it anime?
Apparently everything is anime so yes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can literally be an anime in it.

Well the original version anyway, not sure if the later ones still have the Guts & Griffith outfits.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dragon's Dogma is kind of like an open world version of PSO except your allies are AI who never shut up.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Apparently everything is anime so yes.

Sakurazuka posted:

You can literally be an anime in it.

Well the original version anyway, not sure if the later ones still have the Guts & Griffith outfits.

exquisite tea posted:

Dragon's Dogma is kind of like an open world version of PSO except your allies are AI who never shut up.

hmmm idk about this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Dragon's Dogma is a Japanese developer's take on a Western fantasy game. The result is a hack-and-slash RPG with more in-depth combat and a setting and plot that's painfully prosaic until the final act, where the game jumps on the table with axe in hand and transmogrifies into a heavy metal album cover.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's a horribly flawed game filled with wonder and majesty.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxxidation posted:

Dragon's Dogma is a Japanese developer's take on a Western fantasy game. The result is a hack-and-slash RPG with more in-depth combat and a setting and plot that's painfully prosaic until the final act, where the game jumps on the table with axe in hand and transmogrifies into a heavy metal album cover.

That's a pretty good summary of it. Also you can romance anyone and you probably will by mistake.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unfortunately they made it less likely that your soulmate turns out to be the shopkeeper.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Heck yeah, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is getting a PS4 release according to Famitsu. Maybe now consoles can get a 1080p/60fps version like the PC release! Always appreciate another opportunity to buy Dragon's Dogma.

gonna have to buy this game again

maybe buy it on pc as well because I want them to make a real sequel and not some lame bad mmo

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

RBA Starblade posted:

That's a pretty good summary of it. Also you can romance anyone and you probably will by mistake.

True heroes romance the Wario-looking jester.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
No other game has made me feel the way dragons dogma did. Tooling up to go on a journey to a new location, waiting till morning, heading out and hoping I'd make it there before nightfall... And inevitably getting held up, and some horiffic 50ft tall thing coming at me in the dead of night. Climbing up it's back and all over it like a budget shadow of the collosus to jam a sword into it's eye, and the battle lasting till sunrise. Magic was loving great too, felt meaty and incredibly powerful.
I reckon I'm in day 1, it's such an incredible game.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Unfortunately they made it less likely that your soulmate turns out to be the shopkeeper.

There's like 3 merchants and a married woman who are most likely to be your soulmate depending onbwhat order you do sidequests, if you do sidequests.

Dragon's Dogma is definitely worth playing even though it always falls just a little short of what I want it to be. The worst thing I really want to say about it is that it is frustratingly a B.

Trojan Kaiju fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 23, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Anora posted:

They aren't even very good at doing that. Where's a Megaman X collection on a current console? or 9 and 10 on the PS4 for that matter.

Rumor is there's a megaman legacy collection 2 in the works. Could be mega man 7-10 and x or something.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

cubicle gangster posted:

No other game has made me feel the way dragons dogma did. Tooling up to go on a journey to a new location, waiting till morning, heading out and hoping I'd make it there before nightfall... And inevitably getting held up, and some horiffic 50ft tall thing coming at me in the dead of night. Climbing up it's back and all over it like a budget shadow of the collosus to jam a sword into it's eye, and the battle lasting till sunrise. Magic was loving great too, felt meaty and incredibly powerful.
I reckon I'm in day 1, it's such an incredible game.

Absolutely. I loved the journey to the far east to that griffon's tower and you're in the canyon, the sun's setting, the goblins are out, you're desperately trying to get to the tower before nightfall but it's too late and now you're fighting these little bastards in the dark. Dragon's Dogma feels like an adventure.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The song from the original game, sadly not in Dark Arisen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Everyone had the same reaction
first play session: why is this song even in this game
every other play session for 100+ hours: FLYING INTO FREEEEE

edit: this talk reminds me of how boring DD Online is. I guess same as Elder Scrolls Online, they didn't know how to make a game where you do whatever you want with the world fun for multiple players.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 23, 2017

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I will buy Dragons Dogma over and over until we get a new one.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I would absolutely buy a Dragon's Doctrine or whatever the gently caress that went forward with all the good deltas Dark Arisen made on the original (less punishing fast travel, more spooky dungeon crawling). In a second.

Especially since Dark Arisen pretty much did that with patches, while (hopefully) 2 Dragon 2 Dogma would just have them built in.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I always lost interest in DD because of lugging around some shouty, stupid Pawns or whatever they were. Never felt like I was in control of them so any tactics I developed came down to running around like a madman, hoping the enemy will stop hitting me long enough for the AI to kill them back.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Capcom released GOTY Contender Resident EVII_ 7: Biohazard just a few months ago.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is this Dragons Dogma the one that Monster Factory did an episode on? It looks real fun and I wanted to try it after watching that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat dragons dogma last year and its pretty much a must play game despite being janky snd hyper frustrating

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dragon's Dogma is if the guy who made the best and worst DMC game tried to make an Elder Scrolls game.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I don't think I will ever replay DD but I had a great time with it. I played as Geralt and had his dwarf buddy as a pawn. Good times.

Only problem was Geralt hooking up with the very young-looking pawn girl... I had no idea what the aura meant, honest!

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

glam rock hamhock posted:

Dragon's Dogma is if the guy who made the best and worst DMC game tried to make an Elder Scrolls game.

This has piqued my interest

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Is this Dragons Dogma the one that Monster Factory did an episode on? It looks real fun and I wanted to try it after watching that

Yes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

The song from the original game, sadly not in Dark Arisen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Everyone had the same reaction
first play session: why is this song even in this game
every other play session for 100+ hours: FLYING INTO FREEEEE

edit: this talk reminds me of how boring DD Online is. I guess same as Elder Scrolls Online, they didn't know how to make a game where you do whatever you want with the world fun for multiple players.

the best part about that song is that it starts off super generic so you don't know what you're in for. then it changes to buttrock just before you can skip past it and it's amazing

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macarius Wrench posted:

This has piqued my interest

Well that is literally what it is: a western style RPG made by the director of DMC 2/3/4.

For me it didn't quite live up to the goon hype and I only had enough interest to get to the end of the initial campaign. However it does have a huge world and combat is really fun with a ton of options (though at the same time a little basic).

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Manatee Cannon posted:

the best part about that song is that it starts off super generic so you don't know what you're in for. then it changes to buttrock just before you can skip past it and it's amazing

It's the perfect metaphor for the entire game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I mean, don't take the hype the wrong way: dragon's dogma is an incredibly flawed game. the core of it, the idea of it, is incredibly good and cool. the execution falls short of what it could be tho

if the whole story was as batshit insane as the last few hours, it'd be one of my favorite games period. the period between killing the hydra and the dragon showing up (which is like 75% of the game) might as well not exist tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If they make a real sequel i hope they figure out how to do the climbing so it feels as good as it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Dragon's Dogma is really punishing when you first start out, and then you pass a threshold and you're able to easily kill almost everything in the game until the post game, and then you pass another threshold and you can kill anything pretty easily.

But the dungeon they added for Dark Arisen, I pretty much cheesed it because no matter what level you are there are a ton of things in there that can kill you in like two hits while it takes you forever to do damage to them. Plus it recycles a bunch of rooms.

Also, there was an area in the game that I never knew existed until hours after I had already beaten the game and was just messing around.