Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
btw china mieville's october book is a fun read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Gapon was also an Okhrana asset and got murdered for it

Venom Snake posted:

Gapon actually did cast a curse of communism on the Tsar and it owns

Yeah, I fuckin love Russian history. It's always so goddamn insane.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

lancemantis posted:

Hell yeah it is. One of the best I've read on the topic.

Things I learned moderates are terrible asy governance no matter the time or place. And Lenin was a poster and extremely online

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

News of the offer provoked uproar from the Labour Party and many Liberals, and the British ambassador Sir George Buchanan advised the government that the extreme left would use the ex-Tsar's presence "as an excuse for rousing public opinion against us".[99] The offer of asylum was withdrawn in April following objections by King George V who, acting on the advice of his secretary Arthur Bigge, 1st Baron Stamfordham, was worried that Nicholas's presence in the UK might provoke an uprising

So much for the tolerant left

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Last batch:
https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/902576702790004737

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

KomradeX posted:

Lenin was a poster and extremely online

debating every streetcar operator and conductor that smelled of leftism

the original call-out culture :ussr:

also all the libs wanting to march to the winter palace to support being "moderate" with kerensky

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

So much for the tolerant left

George V never forgave himself for that after Nicholas got what he had coming, and as a consequence went out of his way to have the Royal Navy rescue the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna from Sevastopol where she was sheltering with the White Army.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
transgender dutch ancap ftw
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/902556822120402945

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

This owns.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

its too peaceful

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

gently caress off

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the funniest thing was watching libs who were saying that there was violence on many sides suddenly acting indignant because the president said what they had been saying for months............... but i see we've settled back into that narrative only we're pretending that ONLY NOW is there violence on many sides

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

the most important political issue in the bay area to policy makers and local media is property values and how to make them go higher

yeah

eat the rich

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Rah! posted:

yeah

eat the rich

Don't eat the rich unless they have a good workout regimen; otherwise their meat will be too marbled with fat and gristle.

Though it'd be decent for a stock, just be sure to render off the fat often, as it floats to the top.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, I fuckin love Russian history. It's always so goddamn insane.

At pretty much any point in Russian history after the Mongol invasion you can say "this is where things got worse" and be correct.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

At pretty much any point in Russian history after the Mongol invasion you can say "this is where things got worse" and be correct.

Truth. Gotta love it when they have a fifteen year period inaugurated by the death of the last Rurikovich, in which they're invaded by the Poles while a massive famine kills like a third of the total population all while random pretenders tear-rear end all over the place with their armies and everyone collectively refers to the period as simply, "the time of troubles."

EDIT: I mean sure there are some points where things appear to being starting to get better, like under Peter or some of the not-as-bad Tzars or immediately after the civil war, but still it's a slog through never-ending misery and struggle the overwhelming majority of the time.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

lancemantis posted:

I found it very difficult to read. I'm not entirely sure why; it felt simultaneously dry and polemical, maybe? I'm a second shot at it and it's going better.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:jerkbag:

Guys if they don't stop then Trump might start abusing his authority.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

lancemantis posted:

debating every streetcar operator and conductor that smelled of leftism

the original call-out culture :ussr:

also all the libs wanting to march to the winter palace to support being "moderate" with kerensky

Oh my god, that was hilarious for them to only realize oh no this is real dude's have guns and well kill us and their sad march back into the Soviet they so proudly walked out of

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
they weren't going to kill them; they were going to spank them

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

In a Russian history course I took in college the professor asked is what i our view of Russia was and my response was something like, it never gets better

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

lancemantis posted:

they weren't going to kill them; they were going to spank them

That's right, which is even better

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

get run over by a nazi, shithead

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

just ban northern europeans from the internet

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Please clap?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

KomradeX posted:

That's right, which is even better

they were so ready to die for their centrist cause too

maybe thats the new strategy antifa in the US should take: don't promote punching nazis -- promote violently humiliating them

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
bunch of antifa running around pantsing, spanking, and stinkbombing nazis

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

lancemantis posted:

they were so ready to die for their centrist cause too

maybe thats the new strategy antifa in the US should take: don't promote punching nazis -- promote violently humiliating them

Nazis aren't moderates, if they were capable of feeling humiliation they wouldn't come dressed up like lovely Ceaser's Legion cosplay

Chuck N. Awe
Oct 6, 2007
Nazis kind of expect the black block to be there. They hate it ofc, and they don't like getting beaten, but they can fit it into whatever crazy conspiracy theory they're into. What they have real trouble accepting is if lots of normal people, like nurses, little old ladies, taxi drivers, families with children etc. etc also show up. They actually believe that most people secretly support them so that creates major cognitive dissonance.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Violent, dangerous antifa give wedgies to innocent moderate conservative protestors

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i'm not so concerned about their own personal humiliation so much as the act of humiliating another as it is parsed through some centrists head

its hard to see a martyr in someone that's been simply humiliated, and a strong enough element of force in the humiliation keeps it more on course with punching

im not talking about just pieing people here

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Protip: the state gonna state and the bourgeoisie media gonna bourgeoisie.

Vox and liberal media, again, have a major flaw in their analysis. This isn't "anti-trump". They seem to act like it's all about trying to get trump pushed out of office, and not that we want to physically prevent nazis and fascists from taking the streets.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lancemantis posted:

i'm not so concerned about their own personal humiliation so much as the act of humiliating another as it is parsed through some centrists head

its hard to see a martyr in someone that's been simply humiliated, and a strong enough element of force in the humiliation keeps it more on course with punching

im not talking about just pieing people here

do your part, give a Nazi a wedgie today!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I'm a guy and my favorite colors purple! :saddowns:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Every opportunity should be taken to humiliate them because it's their kryptonite.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/thalestral/status/902614776269955074

gonna spam these headlines at journos lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

let's see what notch is up to!

a meeting of the minds

and here we have notch coming to terms with the fact people lie about things.

Of course Notch and 2 Gryphon are friends why wouldn't they be?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
humiliat naziss by never showing up to oppose them and eating cake at home instead. once they learn their ideology isnt even worth opposing they will give up

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
hurl butyric acid at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

lancemantis posted:

hurl butyric acid at them

When is Baked Alaska gonna come back and admit he can see. The longer he puts it off the worse it'll be