Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also double stacked reload kinetic mods on titans definitely works, and double stacked CB mods on hunter definitely works.

It won't do much on guns with good recoil to start with,hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
Legendary shard
No reason to spend or keep
Life is meaningless

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Woud be interested in seeing you do a little wall test with those kinetic stacks. I think only hunter can do that

Love to do that for ya I but I'm one of the PS4s with YouTube uploading completely hosed. But I did one anyway just to know and I'll say Datto is correct in at least as much that there is a little placebo effect to using but one.

Using my pvp kinetic of choice and doing it, Vigilance Wing-

Zero mods: erratic, numerous rounds going to one side or the other.
One mod: still erratic, but a little less so. Having it on vs simply controlling a shot, one could feel the mod does more than it does.
Two mods: effectively counterbalance. Spray is completely vertical, no stray rounds. Very good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm like oh man I haven't played Destiny 2 today and then I thought lmao what's the point so I can get the exact same sets of armor and weapons or if I get an exotic it's going to be the ahamkara gloves again

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Calaveron posted:

I'm like oh man I haven't played Destiny 2 today and then I thought lmao what's the point so I can get the exact same sets of armor and weapons or if I get an exotic it's going to be the ahamkara gloves again

Well you could always log on and play Teamshoot sim 3000 for a whi...lmao pvp is so unexciting

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Calaveron posted:

have fun with your bros

jesus

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
[quote="“Legs Benedict”" post="“477064761”"]
have fun with your bros

jesus
[/quote]

I mean yeah I have fun with my bros but sometimes it's hard to coordinate playing together or they're super intense about striking and raiding well past 2 AM when I'm a wreck if I stay up past 9:30 PM

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

cvnvcnv posted:

Love to do that for ya I but I'm one of the PS4s with YouTube uploading completely hosed. But I did one anyway just to know and I'll say Datto is correct in at least as much that there is a little placebo effect to using but one.

Using my pvp kinetic of choice and doing it, Vigilance Wing-

Zero mods: erratic, numerous rounds going to one side or the other.
One mod: still erratic, but a little less so. Having it on vs simply controlling a shot, one could feel the mod does more than it does.
Two mods: effectively counterbalance. Spray is completely vertical, no stray rounds. Very good.

Hmm no poo poo. You tried it on a smg?

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
So the recoil mods are actual _counterbalance_ mods, you won't notice it on every gun but for ones with a lot of horizontal recoil they're huge. See the video Fallout did:

https://youtu.be/1acICneElaQ

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

It doesn't do much on an antiope because the intrinsic perk is better recoil and they have good recoil stats

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So rather than making the good better they made the poo poo actually ok. Not a terrible way to go but I still don't see the point if I'm never taking my antiope off for PvP.

Would have been nice if there was an exotic mod or a something you could chase.

I'm hoping iron banner has some fun stuff (it won't). At least a different aesthetic to the armor (it won't).

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got the Tractor Cannon from my Clan Crucible Engram. :feelsgood:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Calaveron posted:

It gets better.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I just want smart loot to be, you know, smarter.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What are the clans for Goons?

Been looking to do some of the beefier stuff.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

I think you can get to 9

what? you can get to 10 resilience on Titan, i'm at 10 with only 2 heavy pieces.

edit: oh, they meant recovery.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 5, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Is skyburner's oath any good? I just got it and it seems pretty decent. I've seen a ton of people use it in the crucible but I haven't had a chance yet.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what? you can get to 10 resilience on Titan, i'm at 10 with only 2 heavy pieces.

edit: oh, they meant recovery.

Da

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Calaveron posted:

I will not rest until I have every character at 305 with their preferred loadout and shaders. :colbert:

But personally I am kind of happy I can play D2 a hell of a lot more casually than D1. Sure, I poopsocked the first couple weeks with everyone else here but the light grind went way faster and now I don't feel pressure to log on and grind out milestones on every character every day. I just do whatever's fun, which usually means Nightfall or Raidin' with Cool Dudes.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Ugh. I spent way too much bright dust on a pretty top and then 5 minutes later dismantled it thinking it was something else.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Like ABGD said, so little to improve on. Gun's baller as is but double CB mods stacked in Crucible, Antiope is kinda pretty much just perfect.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

tqilamknbrd posted:

Legendary shard
No reason to spend or keep
Life is meaningless

:golfclap:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

Is skyburner's oath any good? I just got it and it seems pretty decent. I've seen a ton of people use it in the crucible but I haven't had a chance yet.

Its just an okay PVE weapon, but I can't imagine using it in PVP.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Its just an okay PVE weapon, but I can't imagine using it in PVP.

Yeah it's not great in pvp, not really sure why people would use it there

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Live At Five! posted:

I thought I'd read that it was good for the raid because it does extra damage to cabal and penetrate phalanx shields, but maybe the meta has moved on.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Skyburner fires too slow for the extra damage to make a difference. I don't think anyone ever used it during the raid. If people use an exotic during the raid, they're probably using Coldheart.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Doing the raid tonight, I kept getting swept past the barriers early on the last one.

I've gotten into a habit of jumping the barrier after everything is clear to get myself lined up for the next phase and I was wondering if I kept getting pulled past because there's some sort of invisible timer on how long you can use a barrier or if Bungie put in some sort of trigger that pulls the player through if they're in contact with a barrier for too long? Because that's the most logical reason I could think of for why it kept happening to me, it's either that or something weird was happening.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mill Village posted:

Skyburner fires too slow for the extra damage to make a difference. I don't think anyone ever used it during the raid. If people use an exotic during the raid, they're probably using Coldheart.

merciless #1, it's just too good for dogs and baths and capture the flag and even for the centurions at gauntlet if you want. Although actually even the raid sword or hawthorne's shotty or the raid shotty are right up there too. Maybe the Coil could be alright?

merciless can even do solid dps for calus, you don't need coldheart, but yeah, merciless and coldheart are basically the only two exotics for the raid.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I wouldn't use Wardcliff anywhere with high stakes, it's too easy to kill yourself with it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Sweet business with the auto rifle reloader chest piece. Yes

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/7ti1XlM.gifv

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Emron posted:

One day I will get a Uriel's Gift. That will be a day of days.

I empty quoted this and got one an hour later. It's magic.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Norns posted:

Also it will delete any exotic blueprints found by said character

This is wrong. I deleted my warlock and re-levels one. Still had all my exotic armors that I discovered on my warlock in my collections tab in the vault. I do know for a fact that if you delete a character and re-level another of the same type you do not get another three bright engrams for reaching twenty and completing the story missions.

kzin602 posted:

Thank you for that slideshow, you explained the raid better than a million screaming Twitch or Youtube videos ever could.

I enjoyed the raids in D1 but everything I've seen about the Leviathan makes it sound like the gameshow and baths encounters are really tedious and unfun. Is it better when you actually do it? I really want the trophy so I guess I'll have to just deal with it.

I feel like somebody at Bungie needs to get a WoW or FFXIV account and do some raiding because the mechanics in Destiny raids (except for WotM) always feel a bit obtuse; at least the complex mechanics in WOW/FFXIV make sense in a logical way.

Are you serious! One of the top guys (Luke Smith) is a Scarb Lord from WoW. Besides I know they have to do cross idea bounces off the Blizzard guys being under Activisions umbrella.

Adregan fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 5, 2017

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I bought some silver
Tess gave me Jade Countenance
God drat it bungo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean you know Ikora's faction is very limited because you can only get so many tokens a week and two weeks in a row I got Frumious Grips so why should I do it again

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I mean you know Ikora's faction is very limited because you can only get so many tokens a week and two weeks in a row I got Frumious Grips so why should I do it again

I have never done anything with her. I assume is replaying story missions?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

CheeseFactory posted:

I have never done anything with her. I assume is replaying story missions?

Yeah, and you can do three a week and each one gives you three tokens, and it takes around six tokens to max out the bar.
Also once a week there's a milestone for doing five challenges that awards you a reputation bundle

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

DrNutt posted:

god drat there isn't a single pubbie that grasps the concept of the taken blight event, is there?

Yolkfolk was just complaining about this to me last night. Also every other night.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mill Village posted:

I got pulled into a Calus cp where someone was using a Skyburner, and another was using Riskrunner, none with anything truly approaching an appropriate loadout. One dude started lamenting how impossible to defeat Oryx was in King's Fall and then he started talking directly to only one person in the group, laughing at how asocial he is and that he proudly only plays games with a couple people. I took the whole thing as an opportunity to let five additional people work me to a Bright Engram but I wanted to belittle every last person in the group, especially the oval office from my clan who subjected me to that.

That is the who of "who the gently caress would use a Skyburner for Leviathan?" :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This is just to say
I have not gotten the Uriel's Gift
Which is in the engrams
And which you've gotten six of

Forgive me
It's a good gun
So stable
With HCR