Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Lions middle linebacker and defensive captain Stephen Tulloch tore his ACL celebrating a sack of Aaron Rodgers. Going to IR.

He seriously tore his acl? :laffo: I feel bad laughing at him, but jesus christ .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
So that's why Goodell is trying to get rid of celebrations. He really cares doesn't he?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Seahawks add another sidekick to the roster:

quote:

Seahawks introduce new mascot 'BOOM' as official sidekick to Blitz

Two birds, one team.

That's the way the Seahawks will roll after the club welcomed new mascot "BOOM" at a special halftime presentation during today's game against the Denver Broncos at CenturyLink Field.

BOOM, who according to a release issued by the team "hitched a ride in Blitz's time machine" to find his way to Seattle, has requested to serve as the "official sidekick" to Blitz, who received a new look to coincide with BOOM's unveiling.

Fans can expect to see BOOM at a majority of the Seahawks' family-friendly events, in Touchdown City on gameday, and roaming the stadium's concourse when the game kicks off. The team's new bird will also make appearances at local schools, hospitals, Generation 12 Kids Club events, and more.

Props to the team blog for making a "two girls, one cup" joke!

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Lions middle linebacker and defensive captain Stephen Tulloch tore his ACL celebrating a sack of Aaron Rodgers. Going to IR.

:laffo:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Here it is for people who don't want to give gawker clicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVtG-ATQUSI

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

"not our fans" or whatever, but 49ers and cowboys games are the worst to go to at cardinals stadium.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Typical Eagle on Eagle violence as well:

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/ugly-fight-broke-out-stands-sundays-eagles-game-too

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Jesus that poor staff member in the blue shirt. Just starts getting choked for no reason. poo poo's brutal.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

2 different people film the same fight and neither of them yelled Worldstar

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

Here it is for people who don't want to give gawker clicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVtG-ATQUSI

Now I finally have the video evidence to back up my assertions that Niners fans are worse than Raiders fans.:colbert:

Febreeze posted:

Jesus that poor staff member in the blue shirt. Just starts getting choked for no reason. poo poo's brutal.

It wasn't for no reason. He stepped into the fight. :shrug:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Now I finally have the video evidence to back up my assertions that Niners fans are worse than Raiders fans.:colbert:

Just noticed someone does yell worldstar in this one at 34 seconds so all is right in the west

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

African AIDS cum posted:

2 different people film the same fight and neither of them yelled Worldstar

This man has a point

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

He's breaking it up. Attacking a mediator in a fight is hilariously pathetic. I'm glad firehat guy defended him because guy in the white shirt who was choking him was punching another guy in the back of the head.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

When it happened, it looked like an ACL tear to me. Sad to see him go out that way.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

He's breaking it up. Attacking a mediator in a fight is hilariously pathetic. I'm glad firehat guy defended him because guy in the white shirt who was choking him was punching another guy in the back of the head.

I never said it wasn't pathetic. I just said that there was a reason for it, when you intervene in a fight you're probably going to get hit. When most people are pissed and drunk enough to start a fight they're just gonna keep hitting anyone who tries to stop them as well. I used to have a similar job as that guy, it isn't like I'm totally devoid of empathy for him. But part of the job is getting attacked by dummies.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Anyone heard any news on Thomas Davis's injury?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't understand how or why people get into fights.

I can't wrap my head around hitting another person.

I just want everyone to be nice.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Ehud posted:

Look at how not drunk and stupid this loser is.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ehud posted:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

waah posted:

Anyone heard any news on Thomas Davis's injury?

I've been wondering about that all morning. Scared the poo poo out of me when I saw him come out of the game last night :smith:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

That's, uh, that's a lot of blood on the concrete there at the end.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

is there a hole in the bottom? :psyduck:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Stadium fights are the worst.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Yes.

http://www.bottomsupbeer.com

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Most people who get into fights over anything but the permissible three (defense of country family self) is an absolute idiot. Getting punched hurts. Punching someone and seeing them hurt actually hurts, too. At least I think to the average non sociopath.

More reason i don't go to games. Every game I've been to last 5-6 times whether FSU or dolphins involved a fight

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

http://www.psfk.com/2012/12/draft-beer-machine.html

It's magnets bro.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ehud posted:

High-T

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The moral of the story: Don't jump around like an idiot unless you make the game-winning play or something.

(anxiously awaiting the sarcastic "just hand the ball to the referee" posts)

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Retail Slave posted:

The moral of the story: Don't jump around like an idiot unless you make the game-winning play or something.
ok Mr Goodell

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Retail Slave posted:

The moral of the story is that accidents happen.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Retail Slave posted:

Lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Retail Slave posted:

Precisely how little fun would you say you are at parties?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Breaky posted:

Precisely how little fun would you say you are at parties?

I'm the guy in the corner putting all the blankets in the sink and then throwing them on people. I also pour all the liquor down the sink and call the police if the music is on after 9:30.

I know TFF would love it if there was a Broadway-style song and dance number after any play of significance in any NFL game, but it's really kind of funny when people are injured after headbutting walls, jumping around after field goals, jumping around after sacks in the first quarter, etc.

OH MY GOD, I TACKLED SOMEBODY! *does a backflip and breakdances*

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Philbin was asked whether Tannehill would start against Oakland.

He wouldn't commit to it.

May be Matt Moore time y'all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Three examples in 20 years, it really is an epidemic.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm scared for my life when I leave my house and do celebration dances in the city. I could easily become a statistic

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Retail Slave posted:

I'm the guy in the corner putting all the blankets in the sink and then throwing them on people. I also pour all the liquor down the sink and call the police if the music is on after 9:30.

I know TFF would love it if there was a Broadway-style song and dance number after any play of significance in any NFL game, but it's really kind of funny when people are injured after headbutting walls, jumping around after field goals, jumping around after sacks in the first quarter, etc.

What is the biggest accomplishment of your life and how did you behave afterwards? I'm willing to bet it doesn't even compare to bringing Adrian loving Peterson down for a one yard loss on 2nd and 7, which is totally worth a backflip and breakdancing.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

Three examples in 20 years, it really is an epidemic.

I never once said it was, and of course I knew people would go to extreme examples of poo poo that wasn't said because they disagree.

Are you telling me you have never rolled your eyes at a defensive player who makes a tackle for loss and then celebrates like an idiot when his team is down big late in the game?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Retail Slave posted:

I never once said it was, and of course I knew people would go to extreme examples of poo poo that wasn't said because they disagree.

Huh? You're the one who just listed extreme examples because you didn't agree with the rest of us. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Retail Slave posted:

he tore an ACL jumping two foot in the air. The risk of an injury was no greater than, say, anything that involved moving his leg at all. You might as well put the loving players in stasis between Sundays if that's your definition of reckless behaviour

• Locked thread