Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Cool can't wait to spend 100+ dollars just to get all the content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Apparently the only thing that makes players more mad than premium right now is the Conquest system.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Plan Z posted:

Apparently the only thing that makes players more mad than premium right now is the Conquest system.

You mean because you don't earn victory points for kills, only captures?

Good, I love it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mordja posted:

You mean because you don't earn victory points for kills, only captures?

Good, I love it.

this i can be glad of

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Premium for bf4 was probably the best season pass i can think of for a modern game.

I had Premium day 1 for both BF3 and BF4. These are the two main games that I have been playing since October 2011, and I'm still playing five years later. So that's 200 bucks for five years and 928+1009 hours of playtime.

Plan Z posted:

Levelcap pissing his pants over it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHM0hMJNz_Q

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Levelcap can suck my drat balls!!

Jackfrags seems all right though.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Lvlcap only plays TDM or Domination anyway so take everything he says with a pinch of bullshit.

I have nothing against jackfrags though, he seems a bit more legit. I took his dog tags once in BF3, didn't even know he was on the server till I saw his "DICE friend" tag.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is this actually a change to the ticket system where a kill no longer takes an enemy team's ticket, or is this dude seriously just whining about scoreboard points

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

They changed the point system to move more awards towards accomplishing the objective than individual kills.

This is a good change.

A great change.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Digirat posted:

Is this actually a change to the ticket system where a kill no longer takes an enemy team's ticket, or is this dude seriously just whining about scoreboard points
Tickets count up instead of down now and only holding objectives gives you points so farming kills can only indirectly help by helping you take objectives

The end result is that taking points is more important, how horrible

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

BigglesSWE posted:

Lvlcap only plays TDM or Domination anyway so take everything he says with a pinch of bullshit.

I have nothing against jackfrags though, he seems a bit more legit. I took his dog tags once in BF3, didn't even know he was on the server till I saw his "DICE friend" tag.

LevelCap was touched in a private place by fun when he was a child and now crosses the proverbial street whenever he thinks he sees it coming towards him. He's one of those guys who only know how to complain about everything and has now built a reputation around complaining about everything. Every night I pray I can jihad horse him in BF1 in the middle of him recording "42-1 In a Tank. Will DICE Fix?"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is less about changing from ticket drain to ticket gain and more just complaining about how giving too many points for capturing flags in conquest (ie. the whole point of conquest) is Bad because people who capture flags will have so many more points than those who do important things like snipe people at a point being captured by others or will lead to servers where the entire population just run in circles capturing points because it's faster. Or will lead to the absolute horror of random players not playing intelligently like they obviously already do in BF4 because they are in a mad scramble to get in the capture zone for the capture points instead of shooting enemies there as well like they don't ever do in BF4.

I think my favorite complaint in that video was the whole segment about "people who care about their score" (who is not me, LevelCap) can't do the "tactic" of leaving one person on a secure flag to finish capturing it while the squad goes off to another because the others in the squad will "care too much about their scoreboard position" (which I, LevelCap, of course don't care about) to play "intelligently."

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 24, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Hmm considering the standard ticket number was around 300-400 I liked a death costing a ticket. There were enough tickets that it ultimately mattered much less than flags, but it did have a small impact and could decide some great close games, like where one team has 10 tickets left and the other has 30, but the team with 30 is bleeding tickets since they only have a couple flags, and the last minute of the game is a scramble. It also made the little fights that happened everywhere, not just near flags, contribute a little something to the game (moreso than indirectly keeping someone from getting to a flag).

:laffo: if people are complaining because of scoreboard points though.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Lazyfire posted:

LevelCap was touched in a private place by fun when he was a child and now crosses the proverbial street whenever he thinks he sees it coming towards him. He's one of those guys who only know how to complain about everything and has now built a reputation around complaining about everything. Every night I pray I can jihad horse him in BF1 in the middle of him recording "42-1 In a Tank. Will DICE Fix?"

Problem with that is that he always edit out his deaths so you'll never see the fruits of your trolling.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

BigglesSWE posted:

Problem with that is that he always edit out his deaths so you'll never see the fruits of your trolling.

I would have to be able to withstand one of his videos beyond his first whining bullet point. He's everything negative in a gaming community come to life because he figures he has a platform and thus deserves to be heard by developers. For some reason DICE listen to him. It's like loving blackmail or something. If you don't fix what the YouTube man wants the 13 year olds won't shut up.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Digirat posted:

All of it, really. Some people are super mad that kills aren't worth as much, and keep stating hyperbolic things like "people will avoid fights just to go around capping, and defending is pointless" without knowing things like the defense order bonus system.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Why is this game so god drat expensive holy gently caress

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Why is this game so god drat expensive holy gently caress

I'm just buying the cheap versions because I have no interest in additional skins.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I don't know all the weapons but do only snipers have bolt action rifles? Everything else I have seen is full auto or semi auto.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
It's World War 1, so yes. Also red dot scopes.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

SquadronROE posted:

It's World War 1, so yes. Also red dot scopes.

Shrug, wait for the inevitable wave of games riding on BF1's popularity sparking on WW1 as a new fad

I'm all about almost-historical 191X because it sounds way more fun without being steampunk, which tends to be awful.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Verdun's already a thing, WW1 combat is fairly boring without some technology thrown in. I'm looking forward to BF1 but I'm sure it'll be basically BF4 reskinned, with zeppelins.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Lazyfire posted:

I would have to be able to withstand one of his videos beyond his first whining bullet point. He's everything negative in a gaming community come to life because he figures he has a platform and thus deserves to be heard by developers. For some reason DICE listen to him. It's like loving blackmail or something. If you don't fix what the YouTube man wants the 13 year olds won't shut up.

The real dealbraker for me is his slow droning voice. I know it's petty of me, but I just can't stand it. He talks like he's trying to instruct 3 year olds how not to eat paint. Reminds me of that godawful Kony 2012 "documentary". I hate that kind of speech.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

But how long until we get this DLC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kKLWW_fl74

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Day 0 DLC: Martians

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SquadronROE posted:

Verdun's already a thing, WW1 combat is fairly boring without some technology thrown in. I'm looking forward to BF1 but I'm sure it'll be basically BF4 reskinned, with zeppelins.

Excuse me there are also trains and battleships.

The gunplay and vehicle balance are significantly different too, as is the unlock system fortunately.

It isn't really a "WW1 shooter" though.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
The zeppelins, trains, and battleships are really just rewards for getting owned. Unfortunately there won't be any cool assault maps or anything like that.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

sarmhan posted:

Excuse me there are also trains and battleships.

The gunplay and vehicle balance are significantly different too, as is the unlock system fortunately.

It isn't really a "WW1 shooter" though.

I'm looking forward to driving the train, but there was a train in BF4 too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlPSDUGGQcY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't know all the weapons but do only snipers have bolt action rifles? Everything else I have seen is full auto or semi auto.

I really hope there are all kit bolt action weapons.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
As far as we know, there are no all kit weapons. Assault has SMGs + shotguns, support has LMGs, medic has DMRs, and scout has bolt actions.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So the weapon selection is a reskin of the modern games'. Weak

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

What's really awesome about BF1 being WWI is that the next "main" game after (i.e. not BC3 or sumthin' like that) is bound to be WWII.

I'm happy either way. I still can't quite believe that we're getting a AAA WWI FPS...I don't care if they throw realism out the window, biplanes from that era are the coolest airplanes ever made. That alone makes this so much win.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
drat, was hoping to be able to run around with a bolt action rifle as an assault. Dropping fools with higher rof weapons, getting them pubbies tears like back my DoD days

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FastestGunAlive posted:

drat, was hoping to be able to run around with a bolt action rifle as an assault. Dropping fools with higher rof weapons, getting them pubbies tears like back my DoD days

:hfive: bolt action buddy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
never buy premium until the 2nd dlc release

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
or do

idc

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The best experience in bad company 2 was putting just a red dot sight on the .50 caliber bolt action sniper rifle and charging into the front lines, blasting people with your ridiculous elephant gun from 5 meters away

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I just preordered the early enlister edition. I'll see you PS4 people in the trenches

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Digirat posted:

The best experience in bad company 2 was putting just a red dot sight on the .50 caliber bolt action sniper rifle and charging into the front lines, blasting people with your ridiculous elephant gun from 5 meters away

If only they'd add soldier of fortune gore mechanics...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

My favorite thing about this is he is one of the douchebags that is always crying that people don't play the point and everyone only goes for kills. DICE changes the game to make it so you have to cap points and he bitches about it.

• Locked thread