Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
It's almost as if filling your squad with manchester, liverpool and tottenham players leads to failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

A bunch of Russian league nobodies drew against the most competitive players, how can it be?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

A bunch of Russian league nobodies drew against the most competitive players, how can it be?

Well, zero players from the most competitive team got to play, so

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

At every major tournament, I enjoy cheering against England, because
a) It's super loving dumb there's no UK team because ~tradition~ or whatever
b) they always at least consider themselves "outsiders" to win on account of one victory 800 years ago
c) they never really deliver

Seriously England have Uruguay's over-inflated sense of self-worth, Belgium's lack of motivation and the USA's naievity. It's a trainwreck that writes itself at every major tournament.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
The Jizz Taxi

orange sky
May 7, 2007

England and Russia have apparently reached the knockout phase

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

the jizz taxi posted:

I mean, would a UK team really be that much better? Other than Bale, who would that team take that's not on England's roster?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Aggro posted:

I mean, would a UK team really be that much better? Other than Bale, who would that team take that's not on England's roster?

"Other than Bale" lmao

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Ramsey would probably be On The Plane

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Aggro posted:

Well they could maybe get a decent goalkeeper for once too

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

African AIDS cum posted:

Well they could maybe get a decent goalkeeper for once too

This!!!!!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Fraser Forster is better than Hart

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm glad Britain is split into four teams because if they fielded a Team GB featuring G. Bale they might actually have a shot at winning something.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Imagine how much everyone would laugh at Spain if they arbitrarily decided to handicap themselves by giving Catalonia its own international football team, meaning Spain would no longer select any Barcelona players.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Probably less than the amount they'd laugh at Spain if a bunch of Spanish players were directly implicated in a prostitution and pimping scandal.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Actually it wouldn't matter because Roy would leave Bale on the bench the whole game and play Lallana and Milner instead

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i actually popped home from the pub for a poo poo before the equaliser and didn't even know for like 2 hours when i went back out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this might be controversial but i don't think the organisers should have had russia and england play in marseille of all places

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

the jizz taxi posted:

b) they always at least consider themselves "outsiders" to win on account of one victory 800 years ago

Seriously England have Uruguay's over-inflated sense of self-worth, Belgium's lack of motivation and the USA's naievity. It's a trainwreck that writes itself at every major tournament.

Great post.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Pissflaps posted:

Great post.

I mean, like, it's right. THey're the friggin dallas cowboys of the EUro Cup!!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

the jizz taxi posted:

first off i think its really sad that a person with as much intelligence and personal charm as yourself would waste their time cheering against something.

secondly we dont consider ourselves outsiders - we're going to win this and every subsequent trophy so you'd better get used to the idea.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

the jizz taxi posted:

:chloe:

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

8raz posted:

i actually popped home from the pub for a poo poo before the equaliser and didn't even know for like 2 hours when i went back out

What did u do with your poo poo?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Guys there's a new MDT!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Breath Ray posted:

first off i think its really sad that a person with as much intelligence and personal charm as yourself would waste their time cheering against something.

secondly we dont consider ourselves outsiders - we're going to win this and every subsequent trophy so you'd better get used to the idea.

ok but imagine this said in David Beckham's high-pitched voice

• Locked thread