Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Whew alright, built https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/addict-forestcraft as it seems a few people were playing similar versions. Here we go :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so thats a fine list but it is ptp which is more combo/control than midrange. i use this for tempo. http://tinyurl.com/zwctvol

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Awesome! posted:

so thats a fine list but it is ptp which is more combo/control than midrange. i use this for tempo. http://tinyurl.com/zwctvol

It really is! Haha I thought the ptp was more of a side card but after getting the hang of it, it's crazy fun. I'll build that list too as I have the cards for it :)

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809371711594328064

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809387062281453568
https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809365434176655360
https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809367937677041664

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809382536912584705

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

Rushi posted:

Whew alright, built https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/addict-forestcraft as it seems a few people were playing similar versions. Here we go :)

So I started off playing PtP Forestcraft but pretty quickly ditched it for Tempo Forestcraft. Unless you draw Altered Fate you're kind of just playing a worse version of Tempo, and Tempo also closes games out much faster and is generally more fun to play. YMMV of course.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Anne and Grea are an interesting concept. Essentially it's the same card for both Dragon and Rune, and except a different one of them gets the free evolve.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
That's a lot of cards that do two damage to all enemy followers. Look if you want to nerf Otohime, at least nerf the card so I can get full vials value first.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Decided to give this game a whirl after getting tired of Hearthstone. I've re-rolled maybe 5 times and this seems decent:

Beast Dominator
Moon Al-mi'raj
Odin
Tsubaki
Lucifer

Seems like a pretty good starting point?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Nah it's not

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

could be worse but it could also be a lot better

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Beast Dominator is straight up bad, and the other 4 are pretty good in some decks but not super-important or mandatory.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Well poo poo, thanks guys.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Rushi posted:

it's crazy fun.
yeah i think forest is the most fun ive had with the game so far. and its cool because the core cards transfer between the decks so you can do something different by only changing like 10 cards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
TBH I think ancient elf, forte, and cerberus are in a tier of their own for being 3-ofs in every conceivable build for their class and being so important to winning with any build at all

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

These black wings are unbreakable.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

mmm finally got around to playing some dshift in b ranks, this deck is disgusting, i love it

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015
I think I'm going to.try building a midrange sword craft deck but am still currently lacking quite a number of core cards.

Cards I'm currently missing according to the shadowverse.gg decklist include :

2 otomeme
2 aurelia
3 alwida command
2 maid leaders

Which of these cards are more important that I should be spending my future vials crafting?

I'm more predisposed to crafting legendaries as they are more rare but I seem to have no luck opening more maid leaders or any alwida so who knows :¯\_(ツ)_/¯:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Definitely craft Maid Leader since it's such a strong card and 200 vials is barely a dent anyways.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Very interesting news:

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809744925457727488

Only applies to p2w scum. Apparently the first deck you buy is 500 crystals and each subsequent deck is 750 crystals. Not sure if that means per class.

Bought purely for vials, each deck is:
2000 + 1250 + 650 + 200 about 4100 vials. This is much better than buying packs for 100 crystals and purely for vials is comparable to buying packs for 50 crystals at the 500 crystal cost, but buying 50 crystal packs is better for the 750 crystal cost of the deck.

That's purely for vials. The fact that none of these decks will likely contain trash legendaries makes them a really good deal if you feel like paying.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 16, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Seems like its mainly targeted at two types of people: otherwise paying customers who have no reason to put anymore money in because they have all the cards and gold they will ever need at this point and people with no core cards of a certain class and really want to try it. You can also bet your pension on the fact that shadow's alt art card will be Cerberus and dragon will be Forte.

Also new card reveals today with the final legendary of the expansion
http://shadowverse.link/%E3%80%90%E...%8B%E3%82%89-3/
Gonna use reddit's translation since it looks fine

quote:

Neutral
War Maiden's Spear
Bronze
2/Amulet
Whenever a neutral follower enters your battlefield, give it +1/+0.

Forest
Forest Spirit
Bronze
3/3/2 - 3/5/4
Last Words: Add a Woodkin Curse to your hand.

Sword
Levian Vanguard Jeno
Silver
4/4/3 - 4/6/5
Rush. Enhance 6: Gain Last Words: Summon two Knights.

Rune
Timeless Witch
Bronze
4/3/4 - 4/5/6
Fanfare: Your leader takes 0 damage. This ability lasts until this follower leaves the battlefield.

Dragon
Pyroxene Dragon
Silver
4/3/4 - 4/5/6
Fanfare: Randomly discard two of the lowest-cost cards from your hand.
Last Words: Draw 3 cards.

Shadow
Dark Follower
Bronze
3/1/1 - 3/3/3
This follower can only attack followers with Ward and the enemy leader.
Last Words: Summon a Lich.

Blood
Demon Warrior of the Frozen Sword
Gold
7/5/7 - 7/7/9
Rush. During your turn, if this follower attacks and destroys an enemy follower without being destroyed, draw a card.

Haven
Statue of Fanaticism
Legend
5/0/5 - 5/0/5
This follower cannot attack or be attacked. At the beginning of your turn, evolve this follower.
Evolve: This follower cannot attack or be attacked. At the end of your turn, destroy all your amulets.

The interesting cards are the rune, shadow and haven one. They really want to push a nep deck don't they huh. The rune is an interesting pseudo ward. For any other class it would be interact differently because it wouldn't protect your vulnerable followers on the board but they can also protect it from followers by having an actual ward. For rune basically only earth rite decks can protect it from followers which might matter if we ever run into a meta where people don't have plenty of hard removals in their deck. 4 hp is also real good because it protects it from from the common 2 and 3 damage removals. Mainly rune's worst matchup bloodcraft would need to use two cards to get rid of it if they don't have a dance of death in hand which means you save 6 damage to face assuming neither of two cards were demonic storm.

As for the haven legendary seems they're aiming for a control haven deck with long countdown amuelts and no elanas/guardian suns. But at the same time having a card like this printed means in the future they have to be very careful of making more low cost high countdown amulets.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's pretty surprising to me that they dont make animateds craftable. There's literally nothing you can use vials for once you have all the cards which I assume happens pretty fast for the whales.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

No Wave posted:

It's pretty surprising to me that they dont make animateds craftable. There's literally nothing you can use vials for once you have all the cards which I assume happens pretty fast for the whales.

It probably doesn't take very many people who decide to try to bling out their decks by buying packs to make up for whatever they'd gain by having people spend their vials.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
That Shadow card is the laziest loving card lol 'hey what if we made Hell's Unleasher again, but cheaper and worse?'

The Forest card looks like it'll be gangbusters in TT but maybe too generic for constructed. Woodkin curse is exactly the kind of card that does best when you can get it without actually putting it in your deck.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

guys i'm kind of hyped for a possible minion based rune deck

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

That Shadow card is the laziest loving card lol 'hey what if we made Hell's Unleasher again, but cheaper and worse?'

They're clearly trying to make a wide range of good Last Words followers, both for Neph decks and just to make things like Necroassassin better. I like it because it gives Shadow a stronger identity as a class.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I like it, it encourages running kill your own dude cards

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm at a point where I have enough of the core Forest cards that I can branch toward building any of the decks really but they'd all come at a pretty steep cost and the remaining stuff isn't as universal to the list (e.g. more Cynthias/Lizas, third Tia, AF/PTP, second Fairy Beast, etc.) I think I'm gonna just wait for standard packs to point me in a direction by giving me another piece, but it's annoying to wait. Storm Haven has been climbing well and I'm close to A3 but any day I run into too much sword or draw poo poo out of order, I pretty much just tread water. I want something new to play but Sword is boring, too much aggro to Dshift, Blood is miserable.

I really want to see some poo poo that makes mid or control blood viable in the new set because they have so many awesome tools I'd like to use.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I do not like fighting D-shift decks.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I really want to see some poo poo that makes mid or control blood viable in the new set because they have so many awesome tools I'd like to use.
i saw a streamer with a cool midrange-ish blood deck. used dire bond, bloody mary, etc. and he seemed to do pretty well with it tbh. its probably not top tier but maybe give it a shot if you have the cards.

i think selling starter decks is cool. im not super thrilled about the alternate art though, because i think normal ancient elf is really boring and that new one is really good and i am going to hate myself if i pay money just for that.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I played against some D-shift PtP hybrid. He got to 30 shadows and plopped down PtP and double d-shifted. Unfortunately for him, I had Leoniads on the field. Two novice troopers and one alwida's is 16 face damage with Leoniads' Resolve; he has 15 HP.

That's ragequit is justifiable. He played solitare almost perfectly but wanted to meme with PtP over just throwing flame destroyers in my face.

My reward from a quest was 50 gold. Used that to open an animated dragonsong flute. Thanks for the 2500 vials.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Just started getting into this game about a month ago and then went off the grid until the other day. Anything significant happen in that time?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Dozens of new cards were announced, for the expansion that will be released at the end of the month

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015

No Wave posted:

Well it kind of make sense as a business since they probably want you to buy more packs via cash if you are a whale and impatient sort since that's the only way to accumulate an animated collection. Also makes it more exclusive as well.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Lmao I'm totally gonna score that forest deck since it is literally my forest deck with 1 less tia and more jank silvers.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
how competitively viable is that starter deck because i was about to drop this game because i got to a certain point in ranked where every deck was either tempo forest/elana haven and my budget decks just could not compete at all

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont see that deck doing well against a good tempo or elana. only 1 elf is rough if you want to win with forest.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 17, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

certainly possible one of the other constructed decks will be solid though.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Tbh I'd be grabbing it for a second Elf, 3rd tia and a Cynthia. But yeah, the deck is rough without more consistency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The constructed deck looks like a bad version of existing decks. Mostly the problem is that it only has 1 of the good cards that most fairy decks want 3 of. It seems to me like it's not even designed to be competitive: it's just a starting framework that you can add on to.

• Locked thread