Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
3/11 on the Lightning draw gave me Ashe USB, LMR and Aranea’s BSB. Pretty nice. Already had Ashe’s LMR and Aranea’s USB and LMR but more +lightning equipment is good to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Agent355 posted:

okay neat. When you say USB/OSB you mean specifically the limit break or w/e it's called and not just the normal hit portion right? I don't even have nine but I can buy him with soul orbs I suppose.

What Indecisive said, but also: You can unlock Nine in the current Type-0 event! It is generally a good plan to unlock characters you have good equipment for, as you mentioned, but in this case you don't even need to spend a Hero Soul thing.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

the game hands out hero souls like candy; you will never run out of them unless you do something insane

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hero souls and memory crystals are so abundant that when DeNA recently implemented the ability to exchange them for growth eggs in bulk, it was considered a massive QOL improvement. I think I had around 50 of each before they added that.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New FFRK Report for JP

First, before anything, the bad news: no new characters for the Octopath Collab. :negative:

On to the usual:
(September 6) Boundless Ruins
Return of Nemesis, Ozma, Zeromus EG, Yiazmat, and Bahamut Fury

(September 7) FF IX

Kuja-focused event with Beatrix, Eiko, and Steiner as the tag-alongs.

(September 10) 11th Niconico Livestream
Main topic is 4th anniversary, but also Q&A, info on future updates, and a gift corner.

(September 11) Corridor of Trials
Ice-weak bosses on this, ending with Tiamat.

(September 14) Octopath Traveller Collaboration

Event stages are focused on Olberic & Primrose's stories, a new accessory, log-in bonuses of 5* Olberic's Sword and mythril, and Octopath Traveler's BGM on title screen.

(September 17) FFRK Original Soundtrack Vol.3 Commemoration Dungeon

Music tracks from Vol. 3, Bard motes, and Bard ability reissues.

(September 18) Monthly Purgatory+ multiplayer

Knights of Pluto (IX)

(September 19) Record Dungeon Update
- Latter half of Chapter 6
- FFV -The Fire Crystal
- FFI - Encounter with a time-traveling foe

(September 20) Crystal Tower
- Bosses are Death Machine (IV), Lady Lilith (XI), Faeryl (XIII-2) & powered up Edea & Seifer (VIII)

(September 30) 5* Holy Magicite dungeon

Magic-ineffective boss is Lakshmi (VI)
Physical-ineffective boss is Madeen (IX)

(October 4) FF II Torment added

(October 5) FF II

Leon-focused event, also features Minwu, Scott, Leila, & Ricard.

New 6* abilities:
- 6* Darkness ability, Demon's Cross: 5 single-target Dark physical attack, ?~?% maxHP recoil, amount of recoil reduces with each use (Dark, Earth, Black)
- 6* Darkness ability, Necrocount: 5 single-target Dark magic attack, 45s Doom to user, Doom Count -1, 6 hits when Doom is below 19 (Dark, NE, Ice)
- 6* White Magic ability, Holyja: 5 single-target Holy white magic attacks (White, Holy, Ice)
- 6* Black Magic ability, Chain Tornado: 5 single-target Wind magic attacks (Black, NE, Wind)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Necrocount sounds like it could be really good unlike Necrofear. Also I really don't like the name Holyja, I hope the English translation goes for Holiest of Holies or something like that.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Pearl. :haw:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
man at 1st I read that as Necoconut

shame about no Octopath peoples though

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I got one of Vivi's old unique SB 5*s yesterday... the Cypress Pile.

I know it was Pile in FF9 but was that supposed to be Cypress Pole? Cypress Pile is cracking me up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I got one of Vivi's old unique SB 5*s yesterday... the Cypress Pile.

I know it was Pile in FF9 but was that supposed to be Cypress Pole? Cypress Pile is cracking me up.

A pile is a beam or post driven vertically into the ground to support something, usually a pier or something similar. It's probably still a typo, given the number of times cypress pole gets used in general, but it's a believable translation anyway, and might have been meant to convey the relative power in ff9 compared to its general weakness in other games.

Incidentally, this usage of pile is where we get the term "Piledriver"

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
It’s not a mistranslation either. The katakana in Cypress Pile very clearly spells “Pairu” rather than “Pooru”.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
IDC if I pulled a 4* today, I genuinely look forward to the free relic draw now that this change has happened now that I know my odds of getting something that isn't 1* or 2* are dramatically higher. Well played DeNA.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Still haven't got anything higher than a 4* on the daily draw yet lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Still haven't got anything higher than a 4* on the daily draw yet lol

same

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

Necrocount sounds like it could be really good unlike Necrofear. Also I really don't like the name Holyja, I hope the English translation goes for Holiest of Holies or something like that.

Sadly, I think FF12 gives "Holyja" precedent in English. Ultima uses it in that game, I believe.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Holtech imo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my new daily draws just show how i know exactly how to defy the odds in that i've pulled two 1*, and a 6*, but not a single 4 or 5.

the 6* was leo USB which is cool but also sadly a dupe.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sad for no Octopath characters but understandable, Sora and Riku are looking pretty sad in the "never getting their relics again ever" club.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bruceski posted:

Sad for no Octopath characters but understandable, Sora and Riku are looking pretty sad in the "never getting their relics again ever" club.

Yeah I was just gonna say, I got some of their relics but also rarely use them due to lack of synergy. I feel like there should be a collab realm, rather than a pointless KH one

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I was just gonna say, I got some of their relics but also rarely use them due to lack of synergy. I feel like there should be a collab realm, rather than a pointless KH one

That's what the Beyond realm was intended to be, but someone (probably Disney) insisted that KH Synergy had to be its own thing...

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Realm Lucky: Braska SSB, Pecil OSB :goleft:

Got excited when I saw that disco ball, but once again the gacha has made a fool of me.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

yuna SSB annnnnnnd seymour CSB, I suppose that's good, it won't really be super important to me until I get some actual magic dark casters (have golbez BSB and uh I think that's it) but yay for later I guess; I already have seifer chain.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Well, Seymour, I got your SSB despite your directions.

Too bad you need your CSB or USB to actually be worth using.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I got Kain's USB and Rufus' imperil BSB! Very happy!

Edit: Can you dive Kain with just his USB? I never used any of the dragoons/jump characters before.

poe meater fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 5, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
1/11 Ursula Burst. It's fine, I guess. I also got my first 5* from the daily, a dupe Burst for Kuja.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got two somewhat decent LMRs for characters I typically use - Kain and Yuffie. Along with a Tellah SSB that might come in handy for a torment or a crystal tower fight.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got rosa lmr which is one of those "raise mnd every time you cast a white magic spell" how good are these anyway?

and i got seymour usb. i have his chain so between that and raines bsb i guess i have a little babby dark magic team growing. altho i have seifer csb and sephiroths latest usb and got riku aosb and usb so my physical dark is waaaay stronger. also i think that diving shadow with just his en-dark might be stronger than any of those physical guys too :v:

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

poe meater posted:

I got Kain's USB and Rufus' imperil BSB! Very happy!

Edit: Can you dive Kain with just his USB? I never used any of the dragoons/jump characters before.

Kain's dive isn't very good. I'd argue a half dive is potentially worthwhile if you need the extra stats on him.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

rabidsquid posted:

i got rosa lmr which is one of those "raise mnd every time you cast a white magic spell" how good are these anyway?

They're pretty lackluster. Do note, though, that unlike pretty much everything else in the game except for chains, they actually key to the number of individual hits rather than command uses. For instance, in your case casting holy would raise the count by four ticks, not just one.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got Ayame's BSB on today's daily draw. Hell yeah I'll take that for free!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oryp posted:

Kain's dive isn't very good. I'd argue a half dive is potentially worthwhile if you need the extra stats on him.

In particular, Dragoons generally don't have worthwhile LM2s unless they're named Freya or Fang. (Luneth is an edge case since his usual loadout involves Dragoon skills but none of his SBs or dive explicitly powers up Dragoon stuff.)

A partial dive wouldn't be unwarranted but the 16/16 mote count to learn the final LM2 node is generally gonna be a poor use of 5* motes unless you, like me, cannot see a Legend Dive left half-complete.

Cattail Prophet posted:

They're pretty lackluster. Do note, though, that unlike pretty much everything else in the game except for chains, they actually key to the number of individual hits rather than command uses. For instance, in your case casting holy would raise the count by four ticks, not just one.

The +MND iterative LMs are generally not the worst use of a slot, given that Mind very rarely approaches soft caps and even more rarely gets boosts, unlike the +MAG and +ATK iterative LMs. In addition, AOE skills count as one "hit" per target, which means the white magic ones ramp up decently well, since each medica you cast is +5 to the counter. In Rosa's case it will generally make her heals healier but doesn't really improve output enough to be worth going nuts over. It's better than an empty slot, which is more than Rosa's LM2 can say.

Rosa's LM2 is so very bad. Probably one of the worst in the game, though Gogo (6) LMR still beats it.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 5, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Man, it was nice to have the new rates for a bit for daily draw, but I think I can go back to ignoring it. Got lucky yesterday and got a 4*, but three of the last four days was 1*, so it looks like the rates are back to what it was before.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Armitage posted:

Man, it was nice to have the new rates for a bit for daily draw, but I think I can go back to ignoring it. Got lucky yesterday and got a 4*, but three of the last four days was 1*, so it looks like the rates are back to what it was before.

I just got a 5* yesterday; they're still raised you're just getting unlucky. Heck, when the new rates debuted in JP I immediately drew Zeid's BSB and then drew nothing else above 4* for twelve days.

If you're not interested in bothering each day that's fine, cause realistically you're unlikely to get anything impressive or truly useful out of it, but the rates are still improved, Probability is just a motherfucker.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Armitage posted:

I went more than twenty days before I drew a 5 star+ in JP and I drew seven 1 stars in that time. RNG is RNG and a sample size of five days is beyond irrelevant.

EDIT: Remember, the new daily rates are basically the same as the rate for pulling a 5 star+ from a single draw on a banner. If you wouldn't expect to get a rainbow/disco from a couple single pulls on a banner, why would you think the rates have reverted when it doesn't happen in a couple pulls on the daily draw?

Zurai fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 5, 2018

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

After reading these last couple of posts, I pulled on the daily and got Basch's Crystal Shield USB which is apparently ATK/MAG/Protect/Shell/Haste. Never heard of it, but it looks like it's identical to Rikku's USB. Also I have his other USB so he's suddenly a relevant character for me. If nothing else he'll be a powerhouse in XII events.

Anyway, point being, I just got a usable 6* relic for no cost and minimal effort. Always pull the free draw. It's free and you will eventually get something out of it.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Yup, I just got my first 5* from the daily draw. It was a dupe BSB, but still neat.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Oryp posted:

Kain's LM2 does have one particular use which doesn't apply to this situation: If you have his chain, the 22 hits on entry count as jump attacks which gives him +44% ATK on top of the field +20% damage and +22% damage from the chain count. Makes him usable if the rest of the team is mage-focused.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

iPodschun posted:

Kain's LM2 does have one particular use which doesn't apply to this situation: If you have his chain, the 22 hits on entry count as jump attacks which gives him +44% ATK on top of the field +20% damage and +22% damage from the chain count. Makes him usable if the rest of the team is mage-focused.

Huh, I did not know that. I just got that in JP a bit ago so that is neat and useful to learn.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

iPodschun posted:

Ive got kains chain and fully dived and can confirm it is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The daily draw costs literally nothing except a few seconds of your time, so there's absolutely no good reason not to do it. And having a poor grasp of probabilities is not a good reason :v: