Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
I think you all should play a better game, like Dual Universe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Wyld posted:

At any point do you stop and ask if maybe you are the baddies? Just saying man - in life it can't be all everyone else's fault. We're not out to get you, there's no racist conspiracy, free markets aren't causing autism, and maybe if you could just play a game instead of dwelling on some self-perceived meta-safe space everyone could actually get along.

:getout:

edit: lol you've made 3 posts in the last four years and they were all about Echoes or Second Galaxy

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

We have no desire to get along with garbage racists.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Wyld posted:

At any point do you stop and ask if maybe you are the baddies? Just saying man - in life it can't be all everyone else's fault. We're not out to get you, there's no racist conspiracy, free markets aren't causing autism, and maybe if you could just play a game instead of dwelling on some self-perceived meta-safe space everyone could actually get along.

:colbert: "Fine people on both sides."

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

We could all just get along if you would be so kind as to ignore our leadership calling people "Jews" as an insult, it's so simple.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Wyld posted:

sus

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Wyld posted:

At any point do you stop and ask if maybe you are the baddies?
that's pretty loving rich coming from you guys.
we're all super-chill here, we just really don't like casual racism, and we really don't like you for tolerating it.

these are your friends. these are the people you are choosing to associate with. bah, you ask us if we're the baddies? what a bad joke.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Radio Free Kobold posted:

we're all super-chill here, we just really don't like casual racism, and we really don't like you for tolerating it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

these are your friends. these are the people you are choosing to associate with. bah, you ask us if we're the baddies? what a bad joke.

lmao at the faukes mask

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Wyld posted:

We're not out to get you, there's no racist conspiracy

I never said you were out to get us. We're out to get you.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Wyld posted:

Wyld, for some background. Your corp leaders initially joined the discord back when it was Groon under false corp tags, and proceeded to spin tales of how they were fighting the perfidious chinese out in deklein. In the meantime one of them also melted down about not being able to use the R-slur. in the meantime, I scouted out deklein and found [POOH], not knowing who they were. I saw a bunch of weirdly racist names and went "hey we should kick out these racists". It then turned out those people were in our discord the whole time. Their defense when called out was "It's just memes bro, chill out".'
You've now joined the biggest edgelord zerg alliance in the game. So you know, congrats.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

like, I don't know how you can call us the bad guys when you refuse to give up racist jokes. You don't have a moral high ground.

It really isn't that hard. They're not funny.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

If you think we're lame for making sure everyone can have fun on the toilet without running into racism, disparaging their sexuality or making fun of people with disabilities I am absolutely and completely unbothered.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

ThePopeOfFun posted:

If you think we're lame for making sure everyone can have fun on the toilet without running into racism, disparaging their sexuality or making fun of people with disabilities I am absolutely and completely unbothered.

:same:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

himurak posted:

I really do love this game more and more. Threads like this really bring the community [HONK] together. Keep up the good work random non-geese who can't read this.

There's an old story around on the internet that we should never forget as well.
"I work with a guy from Mexico who doesn't speak a lot of English. A Canadian goose made a nest by one of the paddock gates and hissed at him while he was putting horses out. He comes back to us after and says, "I do not like the cobra chicken."

Never forget we are also cobra chicken.

Cobra chicken is the best thing I've ever heard.

Wyld posted:

This is not. Get hosed.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Wyld posted:

what?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Wyld posted:

you did watch that skit and realize it was the nazi's saying are we the baddies, not the people going after the nazis, right?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

esto es malo posted:

you did watch that skit and realize it was the nazi's saying are we the baddies, not the people going after the nazis, right?

:allears:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Wyld posted:

actually i think you'll find that this, right here, is the bad post

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Wyld, for some background.
Wyld knows. Wyld was on the Emergency Leadership Council. I should write a lore post sometime about the day Pharnakes quit and the day before.

Wyld, we are getting along very well with everyone we care to get along with, and we have been ever since I took over and banned POOH from Discord.

All the drama that Tremek and Pharnakes wanted to pin on Kris and I vanished immediately when they, you, ModeSix, and Bird were gone. Good luck spinning the narrative that we are the baddies when my stated goals of getting goons making money and in ships has been accomplished in spades and we are all having a great time.

Seizing power in this game just to install good leadership I actually wanted to play under so I could step down and just be a line member is probably my proudest gaming accomplishment.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Sub Rosa posted:

Wyld knows. Wyld was on the Emergency Leadership Council. I should write a lore post sometime about the day Pharnakes quit and the day before.

Wyld, we are getting along very well with everyone we care to get along with, and we have been ever since I took over and banned POOH from Discord.

All the drama that Tremek and Pharnakes wanted to pin on Kris and I vanished immediately when they, you, ModeSix, and Bird were gone. Good luck spinning the narrative that we are the baddies when my stated goals of getting goons making money and in ships has been accomplished in spades and we are all having a great time.

Seizing power in this game just to install good leadership I actually wanted to play under so I could step down and just be a line member is probably my proudest gaming accomplishment.

All of this is true.

For the record, this guy right here is the unsung hero of Gooseflock. We wouldn't still be here without him.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009
Tell us more about how you are so much more moral than everyone else in space ship video games.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Banana Factory posted:

Tell us more about how you are so much more moral than everyone else in space ship video games.

well for starters we punch nazis :eng101:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Banana Factory posted:

lurk for another decade

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Banana Factory posted:

I scam people. Sometimes successfully.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Banana Factory posted:

I sculpt furry dicks so HA

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are eve goons doing a racism again

i try to like separate myself from the forums and i still find out about it, geez

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sub Rosa posted:

Let's be quite clear - i left when there was a push to purify the membership to ensure there were no "pubbies" or not controversial line members. When they suggested name was "Black Lives Matters" and not in a un-ironical sense but literally - to piss people off. So i exited stage left and didnt say a thing bad about my fellow SA goons.. If you need 2 pages of brigade posting to make yourselves feel good. Keep stroking bois. But literally,

Read this BIT - IF YOU, ME, AND US - ALL ARE POSTING IN THE SAME FORUM - MAYBE TAKE STEP BACK FROM THE LEDGE, we're not enemies, people who have played games with you for 10 years maybe aren't racists - just relax be diplomatic - and realize if you need a red v blue - we're all here playing the same. I'm sorry someone shot you - wasn't me, wasn't Wi., i get it - but come on - get over this made up reasons to not like a Winnie the Pooh Bear, cause seriously you can't be all SA and make GTFO out emoticons if literally all you have is this one little echo chamber.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

eonwe posted:

i try to like separate myself from the forums and i still find out about it, geez

Goons without an SA account, yea.

Wyld posted:

Let's be quite clear - i left when there was a push to purify the membership to ensure there were no "pubbies" or not controversial line members. When they suggested name was "Black Lives Matters" and not in a un-ironical sense but literally - to piss people off. So i exited stage left and didnt say a thing bad about my fellow SA goons.. If you need 2 pages of brigade posting to make yourselves feel good. Keep stroking bois. But literally,

Read this BIT - IF YOU, ME, AND US - ALL ARE POSTING IN THE SAME FORUM - MAYBE TAKE STEP BACK FROM THE LEDGE, we're not enemies, people who have played games with you for 10 years maybe aren't racists - just relax be diplomatic - and realize if you need a red v blue - we're all here playing the same. I'm sorry someone shot you - wasn't me, wasn't Wi., i get it - but come on - get over this made up reasons to not like a Winnie the Pooh Bear, cause seriously you can't be all SA and make GTFO out emoticons if literally all you have is this one little echo chamber.

Turn on your monitor, op.

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 28, 2020

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

eonwe posted:

gooseflock is good, other goons bad

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Goons without an SA account, yea.

:thunk:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Wyld posted:

Your corp mates engaged in bad faith from the start. Why are you still defending them?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Wyld posted:

your corp is named "China Man Bad" and is run by people who think Sum Ting Wong is funny

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Wyld posted:

ah yes how could anyone know the corp obfuscating their name of China Man Bad, with Donald45 Trump, is full of shitlords

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

wow someone posted similar to me, is that an echo

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Wyld posted:

When they suggested name was "Black Lives Matters" and not in a un-ironical sense but literally

Bruh it was an open suggestion channel, Anyone in the discord was able to post in there. There was literally two thousand suggestions. But cherry pick harder

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

this person can't be racist, i've gamed with them for 10 years!!!

*camera pans out, music plays*

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

esto es malo posted:

wow someone posted similar to me, is that an echo

Perhaps an Eve... Echo?

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Sub Rosa posted:

Kudos. You've accomplished a lot. Big thanks to you for it.

Banana Factory posted:

For starters, I don't enable or tolerate racism, no matter how casual

nakieon fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

your corp is named "China Man Bad" and is run by people who think Sum Ting Wong is funny

I am Wildly Inappropriate... and Widot is the best dot, and we've never wavered in our conviction. And holy f*ck can we do and say some dumb poo poo, but at the end of the day - I will defend dumb gently caress-wits who server the greater Goon and play stupid games with me and our friends then i will let loving chat logs divide us.

So yeah- you're right - anyone of us could be really bad folks if they say things - the reason we all play together isn't to loving hunt and peck so you can eliminate folks. It's so you can have more people to call your own. All i'm saying is sure - loving idiots say dumb things TM(please add the TM to the qoute). We don't have to keep up the BS about division - I can honestly say i've never met an Eve Online/potenitally Eve Echoes player who is a racist - so let's tone it down. Just try for a bit to make accords.