Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FFX-2 is one of those I'm saving for a rainy day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

05. Castlevania (NES)

forgot how the difficulty really ramps up for the last few stages. death is harder than dracula i think. all time classic

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I feel like once you get into the groove with death it's easier than dracula because of all the phases.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
if i don't have at least 2x cross or 2x holy water death is basically impossible for me, but i can pretty reasonably do dracula without a subweapon

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Death's stage is also pretty hard and the holy water is before the checkpoint so even cheesing him is challenging.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

if i don't have at least 2x cross or 2x holy water death is basically impossible for me, but i can pretty reasonably do dracula without a subweapon

Yep. Death is trickier

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Death and the stages leading up to him kick my rear end far more than Dracula ever did

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Alpha Protocol. Recruit background, went through with the aggressive dialogue choices, played it more like a shooter than a stealth game with heavy armor and maxed-out assault rifle and toughness skills, killed basically everyone it would let me kill with only a few exceptions. I played this game though maybe four times within a fairly short period when it was still new and haven't played since so it was really nice to revisit it. I really love this game, it seems like everything you do and say has some kind of effect on how something plays out in the future and every run is different as a result, I'm looking forward to going back through with Veteran background and playing it like a proper stealth game and not just crashing through every level and doing everything as bluntly as possible.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

AP had this loving awesome anti-piracy poo poo on it when it first came out where if you cracked it wrong it replaced the sound track and every single sound effect with just a guy grunting.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wormskull posted:

AP had this loving awesome anti-piracy poo poo on it when it first came out where if you cracked it wrong it replaced the sound track and every single sound effect with just a guy grunting.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

doesnt even matter because i have that exact sequence of gaming burned into my brain so hard that i can quote every real sound from the first 30 minutes of a morrowind playthrough from memory in my head right now lol. So yeah, youre gay *floats Vivecly over a bag of baked doritos*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

doesnt even matter because i have that exact sequence of gaming burned into my brain so hard that i can quote every real sound from the first 30 minutes of a morrowind playthrough from memory in my head right now lol. So yeah, youre gay *floats Vivecly over a bag of baked doritos*

lol This.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lol

insane anime posted:

:hai:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

lmao

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite
3) Styx: Master of Shadows
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
6) Styx: Shards of Darkness
7) Metro 2033
8) Intravenous 2: Mercenarism
9) Metro: Last Light
10) The Bunker
11) Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner
16) The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
17) The Isle Tide Hotel
18) LEGO The Incredibles
19) The Case of the Golden Idol

Pretty fun little puzzle game, really. It involves finding keywords and clues, then figuring out the current scene's narrative through them. All of the scenes end up coming together quite nicely, IMO. I can understand that it's probably not a game for everyone, but I liked it quite a bit

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

insane anime posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"They let you tote that console down to solitary confinement, huh, Andy?"

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

insane anime posted:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bicyclops posted:

"They let you tote that console down to solitary confinement, huh, Andy?"

lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

13. Star Wars Republic Commando

Going on missions with your bros is fun but ehhhhhh. Most of your weapons sound and feel very weak against endless waves of tanks. Enemy and ally AI glitches were everywhere. And only 3 levels? They were pretty long, multifaceted levels but still it feels like the game is unfinished.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

13. Star Wars Republic Commando

Going on missions with your bros is fun but ehhhhhh. Most of your weapons sound and feel very weak against endless waves of tanks. Enemy and ally AI glitches were everywhere. And only 3 levels? They were pretty long, multifaceted levels but still it feels like the game is unfinished.

lol the gamer equivalent of “this food is terrible / and such small portions!”

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

if there was a sequel I would've picked it right up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

5. Saga Emerald Beyond (Mido once, Ameya twice)

Battle system is great but I wish it were attached to a more traditionally structured rpg. I like exploring worlds, dungeon crawling, and visiting towns. Wish SaGa games still had those things.

6. Animal Well

It's clever and has some good atmosphere but it hasn't really grabbed me and made me want to track down all the secrets the way the La Mulanas or Void Stranger did. Maybe because there's no like, lore or story to it, or maybe just because I don't have much time to play games atm.

7. In Stars and Time

It's miserable, I had a great time.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

lets hang out posted:

5. Saga Emerald Beyond (Mido once, Ameya twice)

Battle system is great but I wish it were attached to a more traditionally structured rpg. I like exploring worlds, dungeon crawling, and visiting towns. Wish SaGa games still had those things.
aye the demo killed my enthusiasm a bit for the same reasons. I'm still going to pick it up eventually, after I play Secret of Varonis and some other SaGas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lets hang out posted:

I haven't played all of them but the only ones with these elements are like Legend 1-3. Theyve all been weirdly abridged or oddly structured games.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

In Training posted:

I haven't played all of them but the only ones with these elements are like Legend 1-3. Theyve all been weirdly abridged or oddly structured games.

Nah, Romancing 2 and 3, Frontier, and Minstrel Song all gave me what I was looking for. Unlimited is weird in a lot of ways but it's basically all dungeons, and in Scarlet Grace you did get to explore a big world map and visit towns (in menu form). Frontier 2 looks good too, but I'm waiting for the remaster.

Been thinking about playing The Last Remnant for a while, I really liked the demo back in the day.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Squenix recently announced that they cancelled a bunch of internal projects, I'm worried that the Frontier 2 remaster might've been one of them.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite
3) Styx: Master of Shadows
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
6) Styx: Shards of Darkness
7) Metro 2033
8) Intravenous 2: Mercenarism
9) Metro: Last Light
10) The Bunker
11) Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner
16) The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
17) The Isle Tide Hotel
18) LEGO The Incredibles
19) The Case of the Golden Idol
20) Kathy Rain: Director's Cut

Ended up being off sick today, so I smashed out the rest of Kathy Rain, after starting it yesterday. Not a bad point & click adventure - seems like you can't have a typical mystery investigation without at least a hint of the paranormal! Would've liked a brief epilogue about how things panned out for all the NPCs that were impacted by the story, but otherwise it was pretty good

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

13) Dragons Dogma 2 - Rules. Good successor to the 1st, I'm hoping they put in another cool megadungeon like Bitter Black Isle
14) Fallout 4 - Third time I tried to get into it. Finally managed to finish it after putting a lot of perk points into ammo scavenging. I remember my earlier runs had issues with that. Gunplay is decent, but the story is much worse than NV
15) Alpha Protocol - 4th time beating this I think. I need to vary up my playstyle a bit for the next time, I play Professional way too much

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (122 hours, 76/88 Johnny Trophies)

Absolute God Tier gaming

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

14) Alpha Protocol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

super mario rpg remake. fuckin good game, idk if it needed a remake but man it's so much fun to play it again. beat culex and jinx, might do some of th superbosses that I guess are in this