Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I really need to read the scumdoc to see their reaction to that, because dear god it just kept on and on and on and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

windshipper posted:

EAT A FAT loving DICK!

:love:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mr. Maltose posted:

I really need to read the scumdoc to see their reaction to that, because dear god it just kept on and on and on and on.

everyone was just kinda bored

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Skinty McEdger posted:

Hey guys, I would like to point out as per flavour I am in fact the last surviving battleship, currently located somewhere out in the rest of the world pretending to be an nun in order to save a church from closure.

This is per flavour. Please debate this for ten thousand pages.

I think you're a tugboat.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Your reaction to "you have a question?" was possibly my fave moment.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Fast Luck:

:getout:

Until you can admit to being wrong, please. Seriously. Holy poo poo.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
flavor/PM gambits are the worst, just let them die

even the "what is your win condition" ones makes me cringe when I see it

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Skinty McEdger posted:

This was a very fun game to read, and I am sorry I was over taken by real life and had to replace out.

But not that sorry because I missed the stupidest argument I've ever seen that went on for 256 posts.

I am so loving happy I missed that whole argument.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was just happy there were finally posts when I woke up in the morning. :shobon:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Skinty McEdger posted:

Your reaction to "you have a question?" was possibly my fave moment.

It was about then that I realized that FL was either drunk or dumb as hell. Turns out I'm double right!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

windshipper posted:

Fast Luck:

:getout:

Until you can admit to being wrong, please. Seriously. Holy poo poo.
Wow haha. Obviously I was wrong about the flavor! The bet did sway me though as I said here in one of the posts you just quoted:

Fast Luck posted:

The only thing that makes his claim look true to me is how he was willing to throw down that bet with me, that would be a mighty big bluff considering he would KNOW he's lying (whereas i can't really know if he's lying or not), maybe he was just expecting me to back down based on that unequal knowability aspect but that was still a bet he wouldnt want to lose.
I mean obviously I never knew 100% or was 100% certain but that's why I wasn't campaigning against you or voting for you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Either wind was scum or Capps was scum. At that point you have to make a call one way or the other. Sure, maybe you lose but you can't just sit on your rear end and do nothing.

This is what really lost town the game. windy made a brilliant move on capps, and it had the potential to catch at least me as well, but FL and Maltose would not commit in LYLO. If there's one thing to take from this game, it's that a decisive move might lose the game, but hesitance will never win it.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Wow haha. Obviously I was wrong about the flavor! The bet did sway me though as I said here in one of the posts you just quoted:

I mean obviously I never knew 100% or was 100% certain but that's why I wasn't campaigning against you or voting for you?

That bet did not sway you one bit.

"Wind's bet convinced me though."

So shut up about me having convinced you if you then follow it up with all that hedging and arguing that it could have been a total ruse.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Byers2142 posted:

If there's one thing to take from this game, it's that a decisive move might lose the game, but hesitance will never win it.

and everybody learns it the hard way!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

windshipper posted:

Go back and read through, especially during the capps saga.

Byers should have voted Capps sooner if he was town. So should Dhaes.

capps, this was the mentality I was afraid of and why I bussed when I did instead of waiting any longer. windy, I'm really, really glad we killed you when we did, wish we'd done it sooner.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

This is what really lost town the game. windy made a brilliant move on capps, and it had the potential to catch at least me as well, but FL and Maltose would not commit in LYLO. If there's one thing to take from this game, it's that a decisive move might lose the game, but hesitance will never win it.

Truth.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, if Maltose had voted for Byers I would never have been swayed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Byers2142 posted:

Wouldn't it be normal to wait a little while to see if there's a scum rush to win the game? And if not, THEN vote?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, in hindsight it was pretty obvious but I was not lying about being so off kilter I was willing to doubt even the most obvious poo poo by the end of the game. I honestly only righted trying to stop the one lynch I was certain would lose the game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fast Luck posted:

Wouldn't it be normal to wait a little while to see if there's a scum rush to win the game? And if not, THEN vote?

We had waited. Everyone had posted by the time Byers voted.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

How many people had already posted?

Scum rush would have happened a long time before everyone would have posted unless they were waiting on one more person. Everyone had posted, and by the time everyone had posted, a scum rush would have happened.

At the very least, only one person would have only one post that day with that post being a vote.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rarity posted:

Once everyone has posted, maybe the scum will be just as likely to bus as the town will be to vote the person out

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Rarity posted:

This.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Once everyone has posted, maybe the scum will be just as likely to bus as the town will be to vote the person out

You're a nincompoop.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fast Luck posted:

What? That doesn't make sense. Either way the person being voted out would be scum. That's entirely the reason you guys should have voted.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Yes and no. But even in the yes situation (you're the one who made the vote, and you're waiting to see the rush and unvote before hammer), you both waited well past the point where it was clear it wasn't coming.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I have often wondered if the Saga of Fast Luck was of a nincompoop punching harder than his weight class or of a mental heavy weight fighting under it in order to surprise everyone.

This game, that question has been answered once and for all.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

jeez dude.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't believe I ever considered that he might be playing the most incredible playing dumb scum game ever.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah, in hindsight it was pretty obvious but I was not lying about being so off kilter I was willing to doubt even the most obvious poo poo by the end of the game. I honestly only righted trying to stop the one lynch I was certain would lose the game.

I honestly felt bad at the end because I knew you were sinking and I was the one pushing your shoulders under, but gently caress it, I was scum and scum are pricks. I'm not allowed to have a soul until the game's over.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

windshipper posted:

How many people had already posted?

Scum rush would have happened a long time before everyone would have posted unless they were waiting on one more person. Everyone had posted, and by the time everyone had posted, a scum rush would have happened.

At the very least, only one person would have only one post that day with that post being a vote.

The scum can talk out of thread, you know. This means they can organize a rush before one of them would have (on their own volition) returned to the thread, as well. Make it happen sooner than later when it might have happened normally.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

jeez dude.

This is part of why you didn't win survivor.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Byers2142 posted:

Yes and no. But even in the yes situation (you're the one who made the vote, and you're waiting to see the rush and unvote before hammer), you both waited well past the point where it was clear it wasn't coming.
Wow, waiting and trying to unvote would be intense. You could catch out some scum while you're at it..?

So as a town, you should just jump on a vote like that after a certain "scum rush" period has passed, I guess? It took me a few posts to realize the situation (that Winds could have just ended the game with his vote)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

I honestly felt bad at the end because I knew you were sinking and I was the one pushing your shoulders under, but gently caress it, I was scum and scum are pricks. I'm not allowed to have a soul until the game's over.

Yeah this is why I wrote something up that I posted as soon as the game is over. Cause you shouldn't feel bad about yourself when it's other people who are causing it.

It's the fun of the game. :D

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

windshipper posted:

This is part of why you didn't win survivor.

Let's keep this professional.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Wow, waiting and trying to unvote would be intense. You could catch out all the scum at once?

So as a town, you should just jump on a vote like that after a certain "scum rush" period has passed, I guess? It took me a few posts to realize the situation (that Winds could have just ended the game with his vote)

You can vote and then quickly unvote. Do it during a time when most everyone is around.

If there's a scum rush coming, then will vote but you will have unvoted during or before it happening, and you can catch them out.

I voted a time where that would be an unlikely strategy to work. Especially because I bounced right after I voted.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Asiina posted:

Let's keep this professional.

I am. But this is also personal, sooooo......

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm totally cool with it, I just was reading a lot of frustration with the game and having been a part of that I was kind of straw grasping. Though not as bad as that one time someone just posted their role PM.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Btw, everything about voting out Durfs was just a joke ICe. I honestly thought you were scum.

It was a lovely joke and you're a bad person for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

windshipper posted:

I am. But this is also personal, sooooo......

I'm just saying that we can use the postgame to help people understand what happened and how they can do better in the future, but if it devolves into personal attacks I'll just close the thread and be done with it.

• Locked thread