Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
sall good, kinda figured we might follow the same logic there. :respek:

Anybody want me to put in effort defending the Foo kill? Because I can, but I don't feel like I was alone in thinking they were on the list of suspects.

... sorry foo i really do feel kinda bad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
I roleblocked Punk last night. Was most suspicious of both Punk and Anarc. But Punk had no posts yesterday and that pushed him over the top for me.

I was going to say that cleared Punk. But if MSRR is the one who killed Foo...

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

My first reaction is to want to push out MSRR for killing Foo. I can see the logic, and if we are only down to 1 scum we're boxing them in. But I don't like possibly killing a townie this late in the game, and I had mostly mech cleared CFoo by finding out their night action two nights ago.

I'll admit I don't know if the scum factional kill would have shown up or not, but from the way shwinn's power was given to me I thought not.

I'll let MSRR stand for now, but if we do flip Punk and they aren't scum tomorrow will be a tough choice.

Regardless, I feel pretty strongly that there's only 1 scum left.

And since I did RB Punk and the kill is claimed by a possibly town player.

##vote Punk

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

If Punk flips town, we will have to be very careful tomorrow. Assuming night kills go off every night, we can only afford 1 misyeet.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Also, per CFoo's power I can ask 1 dead player 5 yes or no questions during this day.

I'll admit I'm stumped and don't know who or what to ask.

Does anyone have any suggestions on things to ask any of the dead players that might help us? Nothing says they have to answer honestly, so just asking shwinn who the scum is probably won't work out.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

SporkChan posted:

Also, per CFoo's power I can ask 1 dead player 5 yes or no questions during this day.

Does anyone have any suggestions on things to ask any of the dead players that might help us? Nothing says they have to answer honestly, so just asking shwinn who the scum is probably won't work out.

other than maybe asking Tmor if he got a scum result in his eccocop on the night he died (and possibly eccocopping your way through a couple of questions to figure out who he checked, lol) I can't think of any really exciting uses for it

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
As for me, with the way MSRR played, I'm certain of his town status. If he had denied it, he'd be scum. Since both Neverhelm and Shwinn were calling me a 3p, I think if MSRR was aligned with them as scum he'd probably think I was trying to side with scum and just stay quiet.

Thing is, I am a non-killing 3p, and now it's time for me to full claim for real.

My blessing works exactly as I have stated before.

However, I have been lying this whole time about having a day action, or only getting limited results from people in my circle. I actually get, unlabeled, the complete set of results from my entire circle at the end of every night phase.

My win condition is to have every living player in the game blessed, except for myself obviously.

I think the remaining scum are punkreas because of night results, and then anarc if punkreas isn't the last. Spork definitely isn't scum after how yesterday played out.

At this point the only unblessed are punkreas, anarc and spork.

I have been instrumental to town in cornering scum this badly. I brought down neverhelm, I genuinely scumhunted and pushed for shwinn and even refused to vote for MQ because I had multiple nights of alibi on MQ by that point (and yeah, obviously I didn't want to vote out a town blessed, that too).

Point being, I have helped a lot towards the town victory. If punkreas is the last scum, one mislunch will not lose town the game. If anarc is scum, you need to vote there eventually anyway.

As things stand, if punkreas is the last scum and we vote punkreas today, I will lose. However, if we vote anarc today, I bless spork tonight, then tomorrow we vote punkreas, it'll be a town + Nep victory.

##vote anarc

To support the anarc argument, punkreas claimed based on an out of thread challenge that anarc was mod-confirmed. But actually, d3 I got to play that same challenge. I sat on that info because I had doubts about the veracity of it. Someone I'm now sure is scum came forward the next day with that info, which made me extra suspicious. Why would the same challenge, with the same prize appear? So there you have it.

In the interest of helping you all make the most informed decision, in my next post I will post all my results, paraphrased as much as possible.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
n0: yami got to start with 2 blessings. chose maugrim and zoya.
n1: yami locked in a blessing on neverhelm. I didn't think to move it because I joined the game an hour before action deadline n1 and hadn't read the game yet so I was like sure whatever
neverhelm- destroyed berry, full details about what it did
zoya- failed to eat the berry because it was destroyed

n2: blessed MQ
zoya: got an evil result
MQ: self-watched, saw just me visit

n3: blessed foo
foo: successful autopsy, added to a masonry
zoya: action failed, died
cube (got put in my circle because MQ blessed cube): protected successfully, died (the phrasing of this makes me think it was from the protection targets, which is why I think punk redirected to a killer, but there's room enough in the wording for interpretation)

n4: blessed shwinn:
foo: successful autospy
shwinn: successful kill
MQ: this confused me how it was expressed since the success message was easy to mistake for my own blessing, but the final words of Zoya and Cube

n5: blessed msrr
msrr: successful kill
foo: successful autopsy, was killed
mq: literally nothing

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I don't disagree with your point nep, but my wincon is to remove all threats to town. So I'm probably voting punk today. Unless this is some crazy gambit that msrr and nep are doing

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I can understand your stance too. Obviously, I can't convince you to vote for yourself no matter what your alignment might be, so I'm appealing mainly to MSRR/MQ/Spork here.

If anyone thinks this is said suggested wacky gambit, you could also vote for myself or MSRR, but if there are two scum left that's gonna be a town gamethrow.

I won't vote for punkreas for the reasons I stated, so either 3 of you side with me or all four of you go against me. I'll complain a bit but it's not gonna be any personal hard feelings.

I will say, I've now but the complete truth out there, so town will get the win here even if you do go with my plan. I'd like that.

By the way since spork can question the dead if you want to check any of the stuff I've said about actions of people who have died, I'll add to this: Foo did not find paint on any of the corpses that I observed.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Sadly I've come to believe the paint in Foo's role, like the Whizzard making people 'Wet' were both red herrings. Which I completely fell for.

MQ has risen in my estimation to fully town. Their plan to question Tmor about the eccotrack results on the night TMor died is inspired. I am awaiting answers now, but I think it will have to wait for TMor to wake up.

##unvote

I don't want to end the day until I get those results.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Nep, I'm willing to consider your plan. Depending on what TMor tells me I still have a bug in my brain that ANarc could be scum.

However, Nep. If you are scum and this is a big gambit for your team to win? I will autovote you for my next 3 games, at least.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, there's actually time for me to post before a rush to a hammer today!

##vote Punkreas

Work has kept me late, I still need to full claim but before bed I'd like to put a few things out:

1) I used the roleblock item on Nep last Night but it failed due to Spork using a roleblock on me; I had no time to post and self-vote, so I had no other abilities to use

2) AN is very much Town; I can't tell if Nep's post about the confessional event was confirming or refuting the claim, but I'm assuming most everyone got a similar prompt at some point, though the choice and reward may have been a little different

3) Nep! Undoubtedly a support to Town, but I've had red flags flying off since calling her role out. What I'm suspecting is that her wincon does NOT end with a Town victory!
- She just needs to bless everyone, and specifically does not mention needing to oust the Scum, which has always been an additional requirement for a 3p unless there's an abscond component (which is not mentioned here)
- Her role uses Old Gods to telepathically link her targets *without their knowledge* which is a very, very weird description - if she just needed to bless everyone, why a covert link?
- First response when called out on her role? Nep just quotes and bolds "no alignment changes" from the OP, which is absolutely true if...
--> NEP IS A HIVE MIND RECRUITER <--
- As soon as she telepathically links the last person, the switch is flipped, and all Town and Scum alike are now servants of the Old Gods - what I though was a cult recruiter is actually just a wincon recruiter (a true 3p-only win without alignment changes as the game is over when that "recruitment" happens)

I need to get more posted but it's bedtime and a long week, I'll try to get on before work in the morning

If Nep doesn't get voted out, Scum (MSRR?) (did Foo mention they were in a pre-death masonry with MSRR or did their death just come out of the blue?) needs to knock her out tonight

"Everyone but Nep loses" is a very, very real possibility, and is the reason why she doesn't care about voting out Scum/is actively protecting remaining Scum (who now all could already be linked to her) while completely focused on just getting rid of all the people she hasn't "blessed" yet

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
This is how I know I'm tired, all that and nearly forgot to ##vote Nep

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
My role PM says nothing about anyone suffering negative consequences from my power, including my wincon. But thank you for confirming to me that Anarc is probably scum with you

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Punkreas, if you sincerely claim AN and you are town, that doesn't make sense. Because then I'd know who the scum are, and then I'd basically have them pocketed already.

"Hey, I don't know who you are but let's just stall out today. You kill <name> I tag <name> and we're done here."

But that's wasn't my pitch. So it's simply not possible from my perspective for the two of you to be town.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

But that's wasn't my pitch. So it's simply not possible from my perspective for the two of you to be town.

Maf edit: Both, that is. Anarc could still possibly be town, hence my entire pitch to vote Anarc first.

My take is Punkreas is trying to get a panic vote on me because it's the last hope of a scum win.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Furthermore, if you were town, I was one of your top townreads according to you. Yet last night you claimed to attempt a roleblock on me after I helped catch yet another scum? That doesn't make any sense either. You haven't been active enough in the game to independently come up with a theory that am I threat that needs to be dealt with, and if you weren't teamed with Anarc you would just sign on to my plan to buy yourself another day.

They call me 3p because win or lose I've been throwing 3-pointers all game

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

You haven't been active enough in the game to independently

I am retracting this one point. I got kinda caught up in my passionate argument here and I feel this was kinda rude sounding as I have no idea how much you've been reading the game particularly during the night phases. Apologies. But I still don't think you sincerely had any kind of towny reason to try to block me last night

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm a little confused nep. You got information that I'm confirmed town. Punk also got information that I am confirmed town. This somehow means I'm potentially scum? Make it make sense

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

SporkChan posted:

Either cfoo or tm (I think it was tm based on timing) said they hope you don't ask them bc they didn't get any night results when they were killed

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also unspoiled obs says I'm the final secret scum. If I am, it's definitely a secret to me. My role PM says I'm town and the OP says no mod bastardry

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Does the name mochi mean anything to anyone?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm a little confused nep. You got information that I'm confirmed town. Punk also got information that I am confirmed town. This somehow means I'm potentially scum? Make it make sense

I don't believe it because punkreas couldn't have known I received that information and yet independently claimed the same thing. I think it super suspect that somehow an out of thread challenge would be played twice in exactly the same way to town-confirm the same person. Punkreas is also obviously scum so that would be a really weird and useless reward for a scum player anyway. All that aside, though if you are town then my reasoning is punkreas is the last scum in that exact scenario, so I still want to vote you out today since I don't believe town can lose on one mislunch here unless there are two scum, you and punkreas.

I would concede that there is the remotest chance that Punkreas + MSRR could both be scum, but as I explained I believe MSRR is town since when I said "MSRR didn't kill last night"

1. Scum have all theorized that I'm an anti-town 3p
2. If that's the case, scum MSRR would have thought they were right and was trying to side with them and gone "yup" and made up some other night action.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Spork copped shwinn and claimed that before my claim, and then on top RB'ed punkreas, so I don't believe spork is scum. I suppose it isn't 100% impossible, but I don't see it.

MQ has an alibi from my role for every night from n2 on.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Either cfoo or tm (I think it was tm based on timing) said they hope you don't ask them bc they didn't get any night results when they were killed

Ah, this is a lie btw, I know this because I have cfoo's final night results. The words of that came -before- the death notice line.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I have no reason to hold any info back so here's cfoo's final night results formatted in such a way to be paraphrase:

autopsied target:
was mason'ed with cfoo
no paint
at some point in the game targeted nep, zoya, moritz, msrr, punkreas

it's pretty clear from that, that was shwinn's info. That means shwinn really did give punkreas an item since zoy and msrr were roleblocked, n4 shwinn killed TM, and n2 probably tried to kill me and failed.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

Ah, this is a lie btw, I know this because I have cfoo's final night results. The words of that came -before- the death notice line.

Hmm, I do realize you said either, but I'm still inclined to think this isn't true because every time one of my blessed people has died I've still gotten their full night results in addition to the death notice. In zoya's case, that was an action failure but if zoya hadn't been blocked I probably would've known the cop result

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

It was probably TMor.

And I am an idiot and had already asked my questions of TMor. Who was killed by shwiffles on N4. Shwiff who adds RB to his kill.

So TMor got no results from his eccotrack the night he died.

So while TMor told me they did not target Pubk or Anarc with the eccotrack on N4, that doesn't actually tell me anything.

Thats all the info I got from that. Again, I'm an idiot who didn't think it thru.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Okay, that does check out then. I still lean that it's probably slightly more likely it's just punkreas but that doesn't really change anything for me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote punk this feels like the right move. If game doesn't end, then idk who it could be.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'll just sum it up once more:

MQ has done nothing suspicious for several nights now.
MSRR admitted to killing even after I claimed he didn't, something scum would not do.
Spork would have had to go for the most well timed bus imaginable to be scum here.

So that leaves Punkreas and Anarc. If it's 1 scum, it's Punkreas. If 2 both.

If it's 1, I would like, for the sake of my mutual victory with town, to vote out Anarc first. Town won't lose leaving just 1 scum alive for one night, and if Anarc is scum then you voted out scum. I'll bless Spork in the night if you go with this.

If you are okay doing this plan, MSRR please use your rolestopper on me so Punkreas can't roleblock me if he still has the item.

With that I've plead my case as thoroughly as possible and given you all as informed a decision as I can. I'll be rooting for you all to make the generous call and win with me.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I'm not convinced we're in a situation we can win no matter what we do, but I'm going to go with what my heart tells me.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

Nep-Nep posted:

I am retracting this one point. I got kinda caught up in my passionate argument here and I feel this was kinda rude sounding as I have no idea how much you've been reading the game particularly during the night phases. Apologies. But I still don't think you sincerely had any kind of towny reason to try to block me last night

First, as an aside, be mindful of this in general.

Honestly I thought on my days off I was overdoing it with posting! But during the workweek (and when I'm not on a rotation with weekends), being medical I have variable shifts without any dedicated breaks/lunch and cannot really check in or post.

If you've got a job where you can post during it, great, though that doesn't apply to everyone playing.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of posting time, I'm spending the precious few minutes I have this morning writing things like that up

##vote Punkreas

Just note that, despite the very large amount of writing, Nep is effectively just restating everything that has been said, maybe with a sprinkle of unhelpful additions and mild flip-flopping on AN and maybe MSRR

Honestly it rubs me the wrong way, aside from my general note above, in that it feels like an attempt to obfuscate my post without providing anything that refutes it - when confronted with "will win the game by converting everyone" the response is "no no no, of course not, but here's a bunch of filler to distract you instead of any reassurances to counter the 3p-only wincon"

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
This doesn't add much weight itself, but for me this explains why after Nep got her role revealed why she's been breathing fire at me all game since, even when I was thoroughly and openly convinced (from the NH push) she was a Town-friendly 3p

Up until the last couple days I just assumed it was because of the roleseer on her, as the Scum claims were really shaky for Nep so it didn't feel like a regular Scum push (like I was doing with TM and MSRR/Sand for a while), but even then it felt overly hostile

Now I realize that posting the details was put Nep at a huge risk because of that "Old Gods and targets being unaware of a telepathic link" line could have, and SHOULD have, been followed-up on more closely as, again, for a 3p that's purely friendly to Town, why would there be a scummy-sounding hidden component??

Also, I'm running super late, but try to keep the Day going until this evening and I'll add more then

And stop voting AN you guys, even Nep has confirmed them as Town despite trying to also call that into question so this win gambit of hers goes through

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Ugh, stress posting

##vote Punkreas

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I've decided to give Nep's plan a go.

##vote ANarc

Nep has claimed they need to have every living player blessed in order to win.

Punk has raised a flavor argument against Nep, claiming that the secretive nature of Nep's power means they are likely an anti-town 3p.
Punk has been raising that concern ever since NeverHelm gave us any info about Nep's role. Considering I think Punk is scum with Never that makes the play suspect to start.

However, more importantly, Nep hasn't been playing like an anti-town 3p. Nep has blessed both Never and shwinn and then used the info she gained to convince town to yeet those players. That's objectively playing against the wincon that Nep is claiming in order to help town.

I'm choosing to trust Nep.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Honestly, my one concern with the plan is that I am less convinced of MSRR's towniness, especially with them killing a players last night. But I read thru Punk, Never, shwinn, and MSRR's posts and I don't see anything that would really concern me about MSRR. If they are all scumbuds then there has been some real good distancing going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Punkreas posted:

First, as an aside, be mindful of this in general.

Honestly I thought on my days off I was overdoing it with posting! But during the workweek (and when I'm not on a rotation with weekends), being medical I have variable shifts without any dedicated breaks/lunch and cannot really check in or post.

If you've got a job where you can post during it, great, though that doesn't apply to everyone playing.

Out of game content but no you've been great. I really just got caught up in the energy of my argument and residual feelings about how end of d4 went. I'm glad you're here in general because your posting energy is very fun.

Now, for game content:

Even though everything is going super well for me right now, the part of me that likes solving the game and has a reasonable doubt is speaking too loudly this morning, so I need to hear this from you: Who do you think is -scum- and why