Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
RIP Dame Judy Dench voice over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Disney character takeover of Spaceship Earth

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Mary Poppins ride!?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Mary Poppins ride!?

Seems more to be an addition to the UK pavilion not so much a ride. I could be wrong tho.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I think the ride is still going through concept planning.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Here’s some info about the Star Wars hotel. Still nothing official from Disney regarding pricing, but those numbers are out there.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...22190828190024C

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I guess some people's expectations for announcements must have been crazy because Disney Twitter/forums are going nuts that more wasn't announced.

It was pretty much all what I expected based on the rumors the last few weeks. The only thing missing was Brazil.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Figment not dead?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Figment not dead?

I think we can relax on that one for a while. Nothing about Imagination being taken out.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Zero One posted:

I guess some people's expectations for announcements must have been crazy because Disney Twitter/forums are going nuts that more wasn't announced.

It was pretty much all what I expected based on the rumors the last few weeks. The only thing missing was Brazil.

Yeah, I was shocked at the lack of Brazil announcement, did plans for that fall through?

Figment not dead?

There was no mention of figment and the map still has the imagination pavilion intact so he might have a stay of execution for now. The crowd gave a big cheer when he was name dropped at one point

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

couldcareless posted:

Yeah, I was shocked at the lack of Brazil announcement, did plans for that fall through?

There was no mention of figment and the map still has the imagination pavilion intact so he might have a stay of execution for now. The crowd gave a big cheer when he was name dropped at one point

He was also shown in one of the "new Epcot" videos. Well, a mural of him from the Arts Festival.

Here was a random someone's crazy expectations for today. They were not met...

quote:

Mysterious Island in its glorious totality
Mystic Manor
Outdoor creatures added to Pandora and Galaxy's Edge
A true Muppet Land
Get rid of Hall of Presidents and turn Liberty Square into Sleepy Hollow
Tangled Ride
Imagination revival or suitable replacement
Tear down Earth Station
Bring back "The Seas" film and Hydrolators.
and most importantly, a unique popcorn for every land in every park (included each World Showcase country)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lmfao at those expectations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
What the gently caress is wrong with that person.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IP spaceship earth kinda sucks though

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

IP spaceship earth kinda sucks though

One of the good sources on WDWMagic made a comment that "it's not what you think" regarding IP in SSE and that he would share more after the presentation.

I'm holding out hope now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
All of those hopes/wishes sound good though.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm... curious? about SSE more than anything. I don't really understand exactly what they want out of it but I'm interested to see the idea right now, anyhow.

All I really hope for is an updated Living with the Land video at this point, with regards to Epcot.

...and maybe individual land popcorn.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They stealth did a updated living with the land video like two weeks ago

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

They stealth did a updated living with the land video like two weeks ago

Oh man, in that case I'm pumped to go see it. I haven't been that way in a bit.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Another meltdown:

quote:

But there was no Christmas at all this time. NOT EVEN ONE GIFT.

It was all public information about the extremely lackluster Marvel Land. Got some awful concept art? "DISNEY IS AMAZING." Pathetic.

Same goes for EPCOT, what we got a few new names? WHO CARES. The same bloggers taking photos of their 'drinks' are the ones who appreciate a new EPCOT (ALL CAPS) logo.

Cheap queue for the Mickey Ride? What are they trying to undersell the ride that was ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN.

D23 IS supposed to have some announcements relating to the park. Heck, this one makes the Pixar Pier announcement awesome.

Plus, with all the press Disney is getting over fraud, planting staff to manipulate boards, Disney ruining Spiderman in the MCU, the secret project blunder which main stream people reported on, low wages, Uni opening A NEW FREAKING PARK, this is just a further slap in the face.

There's no way to spin this. Uni WILL eat WDW's marketshare, and I am happy about it. Disney doesn't deserve our money. Use points and fly to Japan, you'll actually save money. The new park at UOR, for all its faults, will have a stellar attraction roster.

Oh and SSE? Don't be excited for it. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.

Disney doesn't care about anyone. We need to stop defending them. We are the reason the swamps the way it is.

The fans should be in uproar.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Where are these posts originating because I really want to just go submerge myself in them and bask in the schadenfreude

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/d23-expo-2019.939267/post-8851331

Edit:

quote:

Disney wrote their own grave.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 25, 2019

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Where are these posts originating because I really want to just go submerge myself in them and bask in the schadenfreude

I just can't imagine being so utterly angry about theme parks. Makes me glad that this thread is at least a relative corner of tranquility, you all seem like nice reasonable folks.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

The incredible irony about today's Epcot presentation was this -

The young project lead from WDI up on stage going on about how much EPCOT Center meant so much to him when he was a kid 35+ years ago, and how he is now tasked with bringing that 'wonder, inspiration, and imagination' he experienced back to the Park with this new re-development.
He's going on and on about it, even breaking out the 'embarrassing family photos' and yet........

There is ONE glaringly obvious omission from the topic being covered that unanimously represents that 'wonder, inspiration, and imagination' statement.
ONE key element.
ONE Pavilion that embodied that statement.....and is completely overlooked during the panel.

Yeah, THAT one.
What's it called......?

Oh, right.
'Imagination'

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I have an irrational appreciation that they're renaming Future World. Approaching that area from a different creative angle feels necessary to make it less...disastrous.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

My wife legit cried over Dick Van Dyke on stage and that announcement. Those dorks can go huff paint.

Also, did Hagrids again and the motorbike is where it’s at. Feels like actual flying when you’re zooming over the water in those >90 degree banking turns. What a great ride.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I would not be surprised if Disney pulled any announcement of Brazil, if it's even happening, over the fact that they're under the microscope right now.

Overall I'm excited. 2017 was announcement after announcement and I knew it wasn't going to be like that this time. Epcot looks insane. I love that the Runaway Railway entrance is basically a giant nod to the Great Movie Ride logo. Rise of the Resistance looks RIDICULOUS. Overall, I think they're still holding a lot close to the chest to sprinkle throughout 2020/21 even if it just randomly drops on the Parks Blog.

Also the Guardians coaster having a reverse launch is wild, and Space 220 is going to be impossible to get in.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is Hagrids actually open now for good and at a reasonable wait time? Last time I went they had told me I could wait in line but they had no idea when the ride would be open.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah it was open all day barring weather. Said 120 wait but we were getting on at 35 minutes. Queue is good too.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like Hagrids offers the feeling that Cheetah Hunt does when it goes over the old Rhino Rally gulch. That’s awesome as that’s my favorite part of cheetah hunt.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
What is cheetah hunt?

Also, what are the rumors about Brazil?

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Beachcomber posted:

What is cheetah hunt?

Also, what are the rumors about Brazil?

I would assume the recent going-ons with the Amazon rainforest and the current administration's sketchiness.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Folks

Fast and Furious is the funniest drat thing I’ve ever seen.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bottom Liner posted:

Folks

Fast and Furious is the funniest drat thing I’ve ever seen.

Because it's so bad?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cheetah hunt is a launch coaster at Busch gardens Tampa.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Because it's so bad?

The more you think about it the worst it is. You know the preshow part of the Gringotts queue with the screen characters? What if that were part of the ride and also the longest segment? It’s indescribably bad. My ticket was free and I still want a refund for that.

Doing Hagrids again and they were putting a capacity sign up and closing the line entrance (says 140 mins). Never seen that at a park, Disney let’s you get in line up until closing. Universal still cuts corners like crazy. Butter beer is also $9 now for the regular cold style. Bonkers.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 26, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

F&F might be the king for “take something we already have on file, I don’t loving CARE” of theme park rides. Literally, as the entire ride is video files from years ago that just needed to be fit to the projectors and setup.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man

Bottom Liner posted:

The more you think about it the worst it is. You know the preshow part of the Gringotts queue with the screen characters? What if that were part of the ride and also the longest segment? It’s indescribably bad. My ticket was free and I still want a refund for that.

Doing Hagrids again and they were putting a capacity sign up and closing the line entrance (says 140 mins). Never seen that at a park, Disney let’s you get in line up until closing. Universal still cuts corners like crazy. Butter beer is also $9 now for the regular cold style. Bonkers.

Hagrid just needs more overnight maintenance than the other rides, so they cut it off early, it's the only time they've done that. They still are trying to reduce the downtime, but I don't suspect they'll have it normalized until Christmas.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I've seen five people explain the new SSE and I'm just too stupid to get it (there you go nanigans, have at it). I just am not following at all as to how they intend to do the thing or really the concept. It kind of feels like they're reimagining that really old Epcot movie with the little light bubble?

Hagrid's is wonderful, even I can't bitch about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Hagrid’s is pretty awesome. Riding in the front row on the motorbike was just indescribable. It was a nice departure and if only they had properly tested it instead of opening it too early.

Got to roam around Batuu one last time for the preview tonight and drat. I’m gonna miss it after this week when it’s completely filled with people forever. I got to take in so much more since I wasn’t completely sensory overload and they had R2 out which I hadn’t gotten to see.